PDA

View Full Version : Blue Aliens cant dial the ship?

Astrofighter
May 7th, 2010, 10:03 PM
They knew the location, obviously they sent their ships there, as such even without a dhd or kino pad they should have been able to manually dial the gate to the location where the ship was located...or are you telling me they have speeds equal to destiny with their ships but they have no idea how all the stargates work?

jelgate
May 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Maybe the Universe gates are incapable of manual dialing just like the Pegasus gates

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Maybe the Universe gates are incapable of manual dialing just like the Pegasus gates

But they're spinny! And I bet dollars to donuts there's some sort of power source under the little ramps the gates are up on.

desertrat1979
May 7th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Its possible they dont have that ability....yet. Look at what we know. They have been following Destiny in ships of their own. The probably know that the there is a connection to Destiny and the gates. They know that we can operate the stargates, using the network, and accessing Destiny with them. We are using a DHD, operating on a subspace link connecting to the network. Eventually they will hack the subspace link. There have been at least 2 planets that we know of where the Blues were investigating the gates. Its only a matter of time.

Paladine
May 7th, 2010, 10:35 PM
In the previews for season 2 * Mod edit : late S1 ep(s) of S1 there is an episode where the blue aliens step thru the gate onto destiny. So it's gonna happen soon.

Mod insert : Spoiler tags mandatory for future ep plot points and discussion.

Rob2687
May 7th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Wow spoiler tags?

JustAnotherVoice
May 7th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Does Destiny's gate address shift (relative to local gates, not point of origin/Earth gates) as it moves? If it does, that could go a long way to explaining why they haven't been able to dial the ship up.

Bagpuss
May 7th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Wow spoiler tags?
Fixed ! :)

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 10:51 PM
In the previews for season 2 there is an episode where the blue aliens step thru the gate onto destiny. So it's gonna happen soon.

Mod insert : Spoiler tags mandatory for future ep plot points and discussion.

They're actually the previews for the back half of season 1, not season 2.

Bagpuss
May 7th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks ! :) Will fix that edited post accordingly.

Edit : Done .:)

Cape
May 7th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Does Destiny's gate address shift (relative to local gates, not point of origin/Earth gates) as it moves? If it does, that could go a long way to explaining why they haven't been able to dial the ship up.

I think they are just using the same address the used in Air to get their, only they dont need the extra power b/c they aren't dialing a massive distance. Im not 100% on that though just an assumption

pipi
May 7th, 2010, 11:25 PM
From what we've seen so far, Destiny's gate address has remains fixed for millions of years regardless of its physical location. If and how the aliens get their hands on the address is a different matter.

Paladine
May 7th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Spoiler for something they showed in the preview for the season? Obviously they want fans to know about it. They put it in the PREVIEW!! omg =)

Bagpuss
May 8th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Just because previews include some spoilers for unseen episodes doesn't mean this Forum supports untagged spoilers.

We have a longstanding policy of trying to protect members who don't want to be spoiled rotten ahead of airing time in the US/other countries.

Check out the GW policy and let's keep this thread on topic.:)

Detox
May 8th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Well, in Atlantis, they mentioned how they can lock out gate addresses from dialing in, so I'm guessing it kind of works the same here? Destiny only accepts dial-ins from the remotes?

escyos
May 8th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Well, in Atlantis, they mentioned how they can lock out gate addresses from dialing in, so I'm guessing it kind of works the same here? Destiny only accepts dial-ins from the remotes?

what about when our guys gatesd aboard?

garhkal
May 8th, 2010, 04:58 AM

Yup. Lookin at the gates in SG1, each has a movable cheveron locking mechanism with the light in the center. As the gate locks a cheveron in the top one moves out then back in. Neither these gates nor the ones in Pegasus do that. ERGO to me no manual dialing.

Possibily. BUT more likely it is a static address which they have not been able to learn.

Come again?? The only time we have gated aboard without using the kino device is in the beginning when we used the master 9 cheveron code.

The Swarm
May 8th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Given that Destiny's address is static, they would have to know the Point of origin of Earth, or the equivalent of it on these proto gates.

erotavlas
May 8th, 2010, 09:07 AM
when the crew dial the ship from planets Destiny visits are the using the same address (9 chevron) that they used from Icarus to get aboard in the first place? Or is that address only used back then and now they only have a shorter address because they are closer?

randomking
May 8th, 2010, 09:45 AM

yes....it works the same way as the Gould mother ships sept the ship is the "plaint" and every gait is a "math" problem

randomking
May 8th, 2010, 09:50 AM
i think the blue guys did not know for shere what the gates were for...they might have just thought they were "atenas" for destiny or something along those lines....then after they got rush and mind probed him or put the peasis together they knew there was more to it...now we sent a keno thru y they were waiting so they have to know.....im thinking they will find a way to dile and put the peace's together....they alredy can translat anchent so this is feasible to see them gating around by next season.

blueintegraboy
May 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Also in the 1.5 trailer, Telford says that they're coming. Did he refer to Blue Aliens or Lucian Alliance?

MattSilver 3k
May 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Also in the 1.5 trailer, Telford says that they're coming. Did he refer to Blue Aliens or Lucian Alliance?

The latter.

aaobuttons
May 8th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Maybe they just realize they can't get on the ship without a code to unlock the iris? They could have gotten the info from Rush or Chloe's mind.

erotavlas
May 8th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Maybe they just realize they can't get on the ship without a code to unlock the iris? They could have gotten the info from Rush or Chloe's mind.

What iris? Destiny does not have an iris :P

The Swarm
May 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
If it had an Iris then neither the Blue aliens nor the LA would ever set foot inside the ship....and we all know that makes for a bad plot.

aaobuttons
May 8th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Rush mentioned in one of the episodes that they needed a code to get back on Destiny. I just assumed it had some sort of Iris like every other home based stargate had. My bad. :p

Astrofighter
May 8th, 2010, 06:30 PM
your telling me they find a blue stone and rush and instead of learning from him the much more simple thing of using the stargates they reverse engineer their own communication system ? which is harder dialing the gates or making your own communication device that can stretch several galaxies away with instantaneous communication...or use a stargate that the tauri were able to crack back in the mid '90s....

HaMm3r
May 8th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Randomking hinted at this somewhat, but the blue aliens had probably never seen the gates in action prior to our arrival on Destiny. Sure they'd been following/studying the ship for who knows how long, but the gate onboard hadn't been activated in millions of years and the ones on the planets had most likely never been used, so the aliens probably had no clue they could board Destiny that way.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 8th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Back to the point that Destiny does not have an Iris and has simply a code from the Kino-pad; this concept did not work in SGA when they used it at the midway station. The Wraith were able to get aboard by copying the code. I suspect that is what will happen here. I also suspect that due to the failure of the prototype gates not having an iris is why the later gates have irises.

HaMm3r
May 8th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I also suspect that due to the failure of the prototype gates not having an iris is why the later gates have irises.

MW gates didn't have irises either, by default. The gate on Earth had one installed by the SGC, but the rest didn't, for the most part.

The Dude of Lebowski
May 8th, 2010, 09:57 PM
atlantis' gate probs didnt have a shield till the wraith turned up, other wise wouldn't all the pegasus gates have them too?

spinny magee
May 8th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I bet you my house that they come into the "Holy $% #@" Ending that Malozzi was mentioning in Incursion.

Pain- Will be a medical/personal story
Subversion- Earth Story I imagine

At the rate this is going the last 4 episodes will be epic

Andru10
May 9th, 2010, 12:03 AM
There's another possibility:
The next episode, Pain is about "the crew suffering from vivid hallucinations that tap into their personal fears". Maybe the aliens coming through the gate is just a hallucination.
Hope it's not that though

MattSilver 3k
May 9th, 2010, 03:45 AM
There's another possibility:
The next episode, Pain is about "the crew suffering from vivid hallucinations that tap into their personal fears". Maybe the aliens coming through the gate is just a hallucination.
Hope it's not that though

I'm putting 90% chance of that happening.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 9th, 2010, 07:59 AM
MW gates didn't have irises either, by default. The gate on Earth had one installed by the SGC, but the rest didn't, for the most part.

Sorry I should have clarified. I meant in Atlantis's gate having an iris.

Astrofighter
May 9th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I'm putting 90% chance of that happening.

Ditto

wingsabre
May 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I assume that you can manually dial a gate, but I don't think they know the address. There are a lot of combination that could be done, however, they might not know how many glyphs to use, and how to access the closes gate.

Plus, there's other problems. Do you spin clockwise first or counterclockwise? Do you have to have a full spin before spinning to a new gate?

And if they're able to access that gates, it may be that they have to have a DHD to access the Destiny gate. We know that the Ancients were able to lock out certain gates, like the Pegasus gates can't access Milkyway gates, with the exception of the Atlantis Gate.

brian_177
May 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I think the Blue Aliens do know what the Stargates are and how to use them. Heck, the SGC got the thing to work by manually dialing it and they had had waaaay less time to fiddle with it than the Blue Aliens. I think it's simply a matter of not knowing Destiny's address.

Assuming what Andru10 predicted is wrong--and there's a good chance he's right--I think it's perfectly conceivable that the crew on Destiny will make some error or leave some clue behind that gives the Blue Aliens the last piece of the puzzle they need to board her.

brian_177
May 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
We know that the Ancients were able to lock out certain gates, like the Pegasus gates can't access Milkyway gates, with the exception of the Atlantis Gate.

I was under the impression that the Pegasus gates couldn't dial the MW gates because of the power requirements. Weren't Shep and company confident they could dial Earth from a planet in Pegasus (Season 1: Home) and were only unsuccessful because the local aliens stopped them?

Detox
May 9th, 2010, 04:27 PM

Clearly, they didn't lock out Earth's address just like Atlantis. Hence why they couldn't dial straight in from the Icarus planet. They had to use Earth's address.

pipi
May 9th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I was under the impression that the Pegasus gates couldn't dial the MW gates because of the power requirements. Weren't Shep and company confident they could dial Earth from a planet in Pegasus (Season 1: Home) and were only unsuccessful because the local aliens stopped them?

The gates should be compatible given the correct powersource and address, and maybe a little hacking into the console. That Pegasus episode had something to do with the atmosphere being filled with energy which was what powered the gate back to Earth, but the energy was also alien life, so everytime the gate dialed it killed them so they fought back.

There's also the space bridge that linked Pegasus to the MilkyWay, and how the Wraith managed to dial the midway station using a Pegasus gate.

Astrofighter
May 9th, 2010, 06:28 PM
No, all the gates in the pegasus galaxy can not dial out of the galaxy except for the atlantis gate because of a control crystal the alterans left there, they took the crystal out and went to the planet with the creatures made of energy, the creatures stopped them so they wouldnt kill a great deal of their people by dialing to another galaxy

wingsabre - if humans can do it you think the blue aliens can't? we can manually dial, we figured out how the gate spins, figured out how to calculate relative positions in space to their gate coordinates, built our own dialing interface to make it work....they found a blue stone and learned what it did from rush and then made their own communication table out of scratch....figuring out how to dial a gate seems a whole lot easier and something they have been aware of for who knows how long

odinn123456789
May 9th, 2010, 07:58 PM
in all possibility the blue aliens may know what the gates do and tried to dial but have no idea of the glyphs, in which order or how many. it could also be that only the remote can dial the destiny because the gates and remote have to be linked for the gates to actually work because gates are so primitive. it could also be that the destiny will only accept incoming gate signals from the remote and gates that dialled the master address for destiny.

wingsabre
May 10th, 2010, 12:42 AM

No, the Ancients locked out all the Pegasus gates so that they couldn't dial Milkyway gates. Only the one in Atlantis can. It has the proper control crystals to do so. The only reason they were potentially able to do so in "Home" is because McKay used the crystals found in Atlantis.

wingsabre
May 10th, 2010, 12:58 AM
wingsabre - if humans can do it you think the blue aliens can't? we can manually dial, we figured out how the gate spins, figured out how to calculate relative positions in space to their gate coordinates, built our own dialing interface to make it work....they found a blue stone and learned what it did from rush and then made their own communication table out of scratch....figuring out how to dial a gate seems a whole lot easier and something they have been aware of for who knows how long

Yeah, humans were able to, but under totally different scenario and circumstance. Remember, the stargate program was really something that lasted for several decades. It was started prior to WWII, and they couldn't figure it out until Daniel Jackson helped. Daniel though about it through a unique perspective, while everyone else who worked with the program beforehand weren't able to figure it out. The Milkyway gates are also different in the sense where the glyphs were star patterns. The original concept was to have unique star patterns on every gate, however to save cost, all the glyphs carried star patterns seen on Earth. The Universe Protogates don't have star symbols, they have a form of numeric codes. It's much harder to figure out location and patterns if you don't know which means which. That, and the limited range, makes it much harder to muddle through with trial and error, for even if you figure out an address to a real stargate, you won't have the ability to dial it if it's too far away. The Humans also had the advantage of being able to access information about the different gates from the Abydos cartouche, and the knowledge from the Ancient Repository of Knowledge. Overall, the Humans had a lot more information and a lot more pieces to the puzzle than the Smurfians, and the gates in the Milkyway was designed to be much more user friendly. Take this analogy, the Smurfians are trying to play World of Warcraft on MS-Dos, while the Humans were trying to play it on Windows 98. Even though it's extremity difficult for the humans, it's still a lot more hand holding than MS-Dos would be.

garhkal
May 10th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Sorry I should have clarified. I meant in Atlantis's gate having an iris.

Atlantis only had a shield.. and that was cause it was ON their city No other gate we have seen had a defense mechanism like it.

skarwolf
May 10th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Humanity is not much different then the guoald, accept they aren't trying to take over the universe.

They've "borrowed" the technology and were friendly about it so hey its ok !

Also, the bluebies in the preview are walking quite casually through a stargate with a 3/4 overhead camera angle which to me implies someone in a hidden sniping position,

a) They have control of destiny hence the casual attitude

b) They come in peace

c) its some other stargate and someone is hidden watching

Astrofighter
May 10th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I suggest you read the description for the next episode, Pain. Then take a guess at how the blues could be coming through the gate.

Wingsabre, we don't know how long the aliens have been studying Destiny and been around the gates. Clearly they know we use them and travel around on with them. They were waiting at the last planet the team was on and shot the kino. They understand the basic theory behind gate travel and how it works. Why is it so hard to believe they couldn't extrapolate the rest and get them to work? Again they made the communication stone function and all they had was the stone and Rush's memories on what it does. If they can reverse engineer that device that quickly you don't think they could figure the gates out? One point of evidence we do have is the crashed ship. It appears that it had been on the planet for some time, who is to say how long. However, it was on a planet with a gate...clearly they have known about the gates for a long time. Now it took humans 50 years of non-continuous work on the gates to get them to work. Compared to a race that has ships fast enough to catch up to Destiny and build a communication device from scratch....

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 11th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I suggest you read the description for the next episode, Pain. Then take a guess at how the blues could be coming through the gate.

Wingsabre, we don't know how long the aliens have been studying Destiny and been around the gates. Clearly they know we use them and travel around on with them. They were waiting at the last planet the team was on and shot the kino. They understand the basic theory behind gate travel and how it works. Why is it so hard to believe they couldn't extrapolate the rest and get them to work? Again they made the communication stone function and all they had was the stone and Rush's memories on what it does. If they can reverse engineer that device that quickly you don't think they could figure the gates out? One point of evidence we do have is the crashed ship. It appears that it had been on the planet for some time, who is to say how long. However, it was on a planet with a gate...clearly they have known about the gates for a long time. Now it took humans 50 years of non-continuous work on the gates to get them to work. Compared to a race that has ships fast enough to catch up to Destiny and build a communication device from scratch....

I don't think Rush knew how the gate systems trully worked until Lost therefore when he was taken in Justice-Space the Blaliens would not have taken this info from him. This can be seen when Rush was frustrated at how many planets there were, how many Destiny skipped over and how he could not find the planet they are stranded on. Maybe the Blaliens knew that Destiny could dial a planet close in range but have not figured out the range of the gate system.

Astrofighter
May 11th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Rush knew, also why are you judging the aliens ability to understand against rush's? They did everything they have from scratch...Rush is just using alteran tech.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Rush knew, also why are you judging the aliens ability to understand against rush's? They did everything they have from scratch...Rush is just using alteran tech.

Because I think the Aliens learnt a lot from Rush. We haven't seen them use the gates yet. They may not be able to figure them out. I am just speculating.

Dex Luther
May 11th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Clearly, they didn't lock out Earth's address just like Atlantis. Hence why they couldn't dial straight in from the Icarus planet. They had to use Earth's address.

No. Destiny's gate is the only known gate to have a permanent address. You can't dial an address and use some other planet's symbol as a point of origin. As Eli speculated in the first episodes the 9th chevron address is a code. You can be anywhere in the universe, can generate enough power, and dial this same address, You'll always connect to Destiny. Until it's proven otherwise, I think it's safe to assume they're using the same 9' digit' code, which the Blue Man Group didn't know about.

Astrofighter
May 11th, 2010, 11:11 PM
If the blue aliens got the communication stone information from Rush why could they not also get the gate address for Destiny?

garhkal
May 12th, 2010, 05:41 AM
No. Remember he said that he actively resisted them. Which is what imo prompted them to get Chloe.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 12th, 2010, 07:49 AM
If the blue aliens got the communication stone information from Rush why could they not also get the gate address for Destiny?

I was under the impression that Destiny's address changes with its location. This is based on the Kino updating and showing the new address. I could be wrong. Does anybody know for sure?

jelgate
May 12th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I was under the impression that Destiny's address changes with its location. This is based on the Kino updating and showing the new address. I could be wrong. Does anybody know for sure?

It has to. As Destiny moves its 6 points in space would change which we know determines a gate's address

HaMm3r
May 12th, 2010, 08:07 AM
It has to. As Destiny moves its 6 points in space would change which we know determines a gate's address

You're only looking at this as a "one or the other" scenario. Why can't it be both? We know Destiny's gate has a 9 chevron address that is fixed, ie a static code, as that was how they dialed it from Icarus. However, we've also seen the screen on the kino remote showing the Destiny address being a 7 chevron address (from Lost). So, it stands to reason that Destiny's stargate can be dialed from any other gate with the "special" 9 chevron address, assuming power requirements are met, plus it behaves just like any other stargate when dialed with a "standard" address.

jelgate
May 12th, 2010, 08:11 AM
You're only looking at this as a "one or the other" scenario. Why can't it be both? We know Destiny's gate has a 9 chevron address that is fixed, ie a static code, as that was how they dialed it from Icarus. However, we've also seen the screen on the kino remote showing the Destiny address being a 7 chevron address (from Lost). So, it stands to reason that Destiny's stargate can be dialed from any other gate with the "special" 9 chevron address, assuming power requirements are met, plus it behaves just like any other stargate when dialed with a "standard" address.
Well yes thier is the 9th chevron address but I thought we were talking about the 7th chevron address

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 12th, 2010, 08:11 AM

I was thinking the same thing and wondering how to post it. Very good explanation. Green for you!

gildor23
May 12th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I think the whole stone/alien thing had to do with the mind transfer devices the aliens used. The silver thought transference devices on thier heads probably used the same frequency or something. So I dont think they reverse enginered that from scratch, I bet it was a coincidence. Also in the stargate universe(or in any scifi universe) wormholes tend to be the end all in tech. So it would stand to reason that wormhole tech is something they have yet to master. But I understand your gripe, half evolved apes with a gate and no dhd figure out how to destroy replicators, while a hyperspace capable race can't even dial a gate. It is a bit confusing.

HaMm3r
May 12th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I was thinking the same thing and wondering how to post it. Very good explanation. Green for you!

Well thank you! Although...I don't really know what "Green for you" means....guess I better go RTF, eh?

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 12th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Well thank you! Although...I don't really know what "Green for you" means....guess I better go RTF, eh?

They are reputation points given to you by other members. It is the star at the bottom left of the post. I just found out what they were yesterday. :)

pipi
May 12th, 2010, 05:38 PM
No. Remember he said that he actively resisted them. Which is what imo prompted them to get Chloe.

Wasn't capturing Chloe a bit random? Or maybe the aliens have see through technology, Eli would love to get his hands on that! =D

Astrofighter
May 12th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah chloe was a random find, she knows the least about anything on the ship

Dex Luther
May 12th, 2010, 07:08 PM

They didn't get communication stone information from Rush. They got a communication stone itself from Rush.

Astrofighter
May 13th, 2010, 09:40 AM
All they got was a stone, from their perspective from some alien guy, they then read his thoughts and figured out what it did, then they built a communication device to operate it (from scratch)! Yet they have the gates for who knows how long and don't use them.

HaMm3r
May 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM
All they got was a stone, from their perspective from some alien guy, they then read his thoughts and figured out what it did, then they built a communication device to operate it (from scratch)! Yet they have the gates for who knows how long and don't use them.
Not to be argumentative, but as you stated, Rush gave them all the clues they needed to figure out what the stone did. Knowing what something is supposed to do is a big advantage when determining how that something does what it does. In contrast, until the Destiny crew showed up, no one had ever used any of the gates on the planets, so while the BA's might have been aware that these big metal rings existed, they probably couldn't conceive their purpose.

Take the obelisk from Faith, for example. It is a very similar scenario to the stargates, in that it is an alien structure sitting alone a planet, with no apparent purpose. The crew had over a month to study it and try to learn something about it, who built it and what, if anything, it did. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero.... they didn't learn squat! You'd think that after a month of studying something, someone would have noticed the big light bulb on the top, but they were completely shocked when the beam lit up. My point is that the crew probably thought the obelisk was nothing more than a benign monument of some sort until it did something, and that's likely what the BA's thought about the stargates.

pipi
May 13th, 2010, 04:45 PM
They didn't get communication stone information from Rush. They got a communication stone itself from Rush.

That's just speculation. It's not proven.

yet
May 14th, 2010, 01:58 AM

Young worked it out as far as i'm concerned when he accused Rush of holding back a stone for him self.

Artemis-Neith
May 14th, 2010, 02:10 AM
Young worked it out as far as i'm concerned when he accused Rush of holding back a stone for him self.

Young didn't really worked it out, he just speculated about it, while accusing Rush holding back one of those stones. Rush seems to be very astonished to Young's accusion in that moment. So all conclusions about this stone are still speculations, nothing is proven.

pipi
May 14th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Young didn't really worked it out, he just speculated about it, while accusing Rush holding back one of those stones. Rush seems to be very astonished to Young's accusion in that moment. So all conclusions about this stone are still speculations, nothing is proven.

You get a brownie point. :)

garhkal
May 15th, 2010, 04:54 AM

yup. Just like in Darkness/light when Young acused rush of knowing the ship was goig to take a sun bath to recharge. He seems to do that alot. Does not make him right.

ProclarushTaonasAt
May 16th, 2010, 07:50 PM
To me it would be easy to just count the stones to see if one was missing... There are 5 slots for 5 stones. If there are 4 stones then he must have taken one. But then again I don't think they mentioned how many stones there were in total.

Pharaoh Atem
May 16th, 2010, 07:52 PM

unless im wrong isn 't the alien holding a stone
picture
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo184/paulm84/Banners/smurfstoned.png

HaMm3r
May 16th, 2010, 08:16 PM
To me it would be easy to just count the stones to see if one was missing... There are 5 slots for 5 stones. If there are 4 stones then he must have taken one. But then again I don't think they mentioned how many stones there were in total.

In Air, they show Rush opening the case and taking one out. You can see that there are 5 stones in total. The question is, is there a later scene showing 4 stones total and an extra 5th slot for one?
http://i43.tinypic.com/3vw1y.png

HaMm3r
May 16th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Air part 3 shows another scene that is a continuous pan and shows a total of 5 stones. 2 on the pad and 3 in the case.
http://i41.tinypic.com/24c73g1.png
http://i43.tinypic.com/105trv5.png

We need to see the stone case again, after Justice, to find out the truth.

Pharaoh Atem
May 16th, 2010, 09:08 PM
space

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8154/normalsgu1110099.jpg

now the stone is on the plate.
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/8644/normalsgu1110133.jpg

HaMm3r
May 16th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Good job Pharoah! I'll green you if I can.

I also found a scene from Space that shows all 5 stones in one shot, so we now know that Rush didn't take one. All along I thought he did.
http://i44.tinypic.com/15cd9pz.jpg

Pharaoh Atem
May 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Good job Pharoah! I'll green you if I can.

I also found a scene from Space that shows all 5 stones in one shot, so we now know that Rush didn't take one. All along I thought he did.
[IG]

i assumed he did too nice to see cleared it up

EllieVee
May 16th, 2010, 09:28 PM
i assumed he did too nice to see cleared it up

The accusation has been made that there is a sixth stone (despite there being no slot for one). If that's so, why would Rush have needed to use one from the case in Air?

Astrofighter
May 16th, 2010, 10:33 PM
An error? People forget that these show's have a lot to juggle with at any point in time and they put something in a plot point and then later they even forget about the little details and then we are the ones to catch it later on. I have read many a blog and seen interviews where producers go on to fan websites to do research on their own shows to figure out what they have done in the past.

I am going to guess, he did have the extra stone and the producers just forgot to remove one from the case. Because if a stone wasn't missing then why would Young accuse Rush of stealing one?

HaMm3r
May 16th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Here's the problem with the 6th stone theory. In Air, if you watch the sequence where Rush picks up the case in the gate room, you'll see that they follow him from the gate room, down hallways, until he finds a room secluded enough to use the stones. He closes the door, sets the case on the table, then opens it for the first time. When he does, there are clearly only 5 stones. There's no way to be mistaken about it.

Granted, he could have brought his own stone with him from Icarus, but then how could that one interact with the known 5? Plus, he'd need a base to activate it. You'd think something that big would have been found during the room searches. For now, I'm convinced he didn't take one.

Artemis-Neith
May 17th, 2010, 12:58 AM
An error? People forget that these show's have a lot to juggle with at any point in time and they put something in a plot point and then later they even forget about the little details and then we are the ones to catch it later on. I have read many a blog and seen interviews where producers go on to fan websites to do research on their own shows to figure out what they have done in the past.

I am going to guess, he did have the extra stone and the producers just forgot to remove one from the case. Because if a stone wasn't missing then why would Young accuse Rush of stealing one?

Because Young is a little bit paranoid? And he likes to accuse Rush (look back to the end of "Light") to be furtive?

I still think, this thing with the stone is an open question, and I'll look forward to see, whether it'll ever resolved, and when, how. But until we get a better proof than Young's accusation, I don't buy it.

HaMm3r
June 2nd, 2010, 04:54 PM
I know this thread is getting a bit dated, but Subversion gave us further evidence that Rush did not steal one of the communication stones. Also, since all 5 stones have appeared at least twice since Justice, it's becoming less likely a production oversight and more toward confirming Rush's innocence.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2lsxu9k.jpg