PDA

View Full Version : So...where's Franklin?

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Franklin finally woke up, somewhat...and now has vanished. Where do you guys think he went? Did he ascend? Did he somehow become one with the ship?

Also, is it possible that he, not James, was the one who somehow sabotaged the engines? It seems unlikely, but I like to consider the options. :)

Captain Obvious
May 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Answer
franklin acended. he was all glowy and floaty just like oma desala

Oh snap, now rush will totally want to sit in the chair again!

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Answer

Perhaps, though I don't think ascension is Rush's personal goal as much as helping to advance mankind's ability to do so. But....we still aren't exactly sure what he wants.

the fifth man
May 7th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Whatever happened to Franklin, I hope we find out for sure sometime soon.

dacooker
May 7th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Rename this thread to "How can the fat man disappear"?

Ascension machine, Rush is gonna go nuts, bonkers.

Cory Holmes
May 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I really doubt that the SGU team would pull the Ascention trick already. That goes against the deus ex machina style they've employed thus far in dealing with the troubles on board the ship and crew. Plus was there any mention in the show that that chair had anything to do with ascention instead of simply being a repository?

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 08:12 PM

IF you're right, then, yes, he probably will. I hope he doesn't go back to being old Rush, though. It'd be a shame to see him lose his mind/humanity once again in the middle of a scientific discovery fit.

DetriusXii
May 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Another thought. The Destiny carried an antimatter reserve and create a matter antimatter collision with Franklin's body, thus providing the Destiny with the energy it needed to traverse the void.

erotavlas
May 7th, 2010, 08:17 PM
I wonder if the room going cold had anything to do with whatever happened to him?

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Another thought. The Destiny carried an antimatter reserve and create a matter antimatter collision with Franklin's body, thus providing the Destiny with the energy it needed to traverse the void.

How dare you inject real science into the conversation! ;)

But seriously, unless the terminals somehow were connected through a relay to the drives, and some containment field set up, I don't see how that'd be possible. Antimatter/matter collisions even on the microscopic level are huge. Take a 250+ man and introduce him to some antimatter and the explosion would almost certainly take out the entire ship.

Denethor72
May 7th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I'm curious as well about the room getting cold right before whatever happened to Franklin.. his voice went almost like a Goauld there when he said "Go" or was it just me?

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I wonder if the room going cold had anything to do with whatever happened to him?

My brother suggested that it had something to do with restricting the speed at which his own mind would be working, while increasing the efficiency of the chair's ability. A very cold climate would cause hypothermia to accomplish just that, and if the chair is anything like Earth computers, it would prevent it from overheatting. Which might suggest it was using a lot more power than usual.

General Jumper One
May 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM
He is ascended man! or Destiny absorbed his mind then vaporized his body in a puff of steam

Azzers
May 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I agree it's a bit early in the game for ascension. I think it's just one of those little mysteries that we'll probably get resolved at some point. Plus ascension just seems too obvious at this point.

I don't have a better theory at the moment unfortunately...

Kaiphantom
May 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Well, we have to think about the effect extreme cold has on the body. If it got cold enough, the body would freeze, and you could literally tap it and it would fall into icy pieces. Freeze the pieces, repeat, and eventually there is only itty bitty pieces of Franklin around, which could be evaporated and absorbed by the ship.

Why would the ship do that?

Safety protocol. Ensures that whoever sits in the chair and tries to control the ship, has to make a necessary sacrifice. Would also mean no one else could be in the room at the same time, or they'd die, too.

I doubt Ascension, although it's a possibility. I'm of the "his mind was downloaded into the ship" variety. It'll probably take him time to learn how to adjust being in the ship, and the experience might be maddening. If so, "Pain" could be Franklin somehow inadvertenly passed his madness onto the crew, perhaps trying to communicate with them.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what goes on in "Pain."

Spimman
May 7th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Ascension seems unlikely...

...Destiny was created before the Ancients ascended and we are far less advanced

JRDTECH
May 7th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I initially thought the whole freezing thing was Franklin's doing so his brain doesn't fry from all the new information flowing through it.

s09119
May 7th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Well, we have to think about the effect extreme cold has on the body. If it got cold enough, the body would freeze, and you could literally tap it and it would fall into icy pieces. Freeze the pieces, repeat, and eventually there is only itty bitty pieces of Franklin around, which could be evaporated and absorbed by the ship.

Safety protocol. Ensures that whoever sits in the chair and tries to control the ship, has to make a necessary sacrifice. Would also mean no one else could be in the room at the same time, or they'd die, too.

I doubt Ascension, although it's a possibility. I'm of the "his mind was downloaded into the ship" variety. It'll probably take him time to learn how to adjust being in the ship, and the experience might be maddening. If so, "Pain" could be Franklin somehow inadvertenly passed his madness onto the crew, perhaps trying to communicate with them.

Perhaps because he bypassed the master code and found another way to force the ship into FTL, Destiny regarded him as a hostile entity attempting to hack the database and thus neutralized him.

I like the idea.

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 08:44 PM

Wow, very interesting theory! I have to wonder why the chair would demand a sacrifice just to access the systems directly, eh? Or maybe, if Destiny is indeed self-aware in its own right, it made a tactical decision. After all, Rush sat in the chair, and laid open all his intentions and past deeds to it. If it sees him as an adversary, someone who would try to impose his will on it, then Destiny might realize that, now that Franklin could force the ship to do certain things, Rush would probably end up using him. Franklin's quality of life didn't seem likely to improve anytime soon, so maybe it was in his best interest too. I wish I could say that I believe Rush will not ignore his conscience again, but I'm not sure.

Cory Holmes
May 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
If it turns out that Destiny has an AI, fully functional and sentient, I will exit from Stage Right, storm into the producer's office and quit, stomp out to the parking lot and revolk my parking pass, and screech out into the great beyond known as Vancouver traffic.

That is to say, I'd be greatly disappointed by this turn of events.

jelgate
May 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I say his disappearences isn't ascension but more to do with the overload of the information. Don't ask me how. I don't know

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 7th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Franklin finally woke up, somewhat...and now has vanished. Where do you guys think he went? Did he ascend? Did he somehow become one with the ship?

Also, is it possible that he, not James, was the one who somehow sabotaged the engines? It seems unlikely, but I like to consider the options. :)I think Franklin may be part of the ship now. I think his previous sit down in the chair started a connection and this finished it. I'm with you that Franklin is somehow the driving force behind the sabotage, and that he used James, via the stone weirdism, to engineer it because he was unable to do it himself. They shared a connection there, that's for sure.

USMCgrunt
May 7th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I to think that he is probably somehow downloaded into the ship now and has become Destiny's own Karan S'jet.

Pharaoh Atem
May 7th, 2010, 09:07 PM
the truth is out there.

someone get mulder on the commucation stones.

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 09:15 PM
I think he's a dead man, either way. Interesting sequence overall.

randomking
May 7th, 2010, 09:16 PM
a some what diff thought. he has been cryogenicly frozen as he maintains command over the ship.... this would mean that the chair is also like "the chair" on Atlantis and from Antarctica....and in those chairs you had to sit to stay in command...but being a older version it has to freeze you to sustain control with out killing you. as well as some how moving you to a better suited "freezer"?

dialitup
May 7th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Anyone think he might have been kidnapped somehow by the Aliens?
Ascencion just seems too obvious.

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I think he's a dead man, either way. Interesting sequence overall.

Eh, most likely. I just like the idea of him not being dead, which is funny, because I reallllllllly was hoping he'd die for the first ten episodes...sick writers and their mind tricks! *shakes fist*

Maybe I should rename this thread: "I lost 270 lbs in ten minutes and you can too!" I don't think a man that big is hiding behind the chair or anything. ;)

Pharaoh Atem
May 7th, 2010, 09:23 PM
maybe he's apart of destiny now and he'll unlock the code.

EllieVee
May 7th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Eh, most likely. I just like the idea of him not being dead, which is funny, because I reallllllllly was hoping he'd die for the first ten episodes...sick writers and their mind tricks! *shakes fist*

Maybe I should rename this thread: "I lost 270 lbs in ten minutes and you can too!" I don't think a man that big is hiding behind the chair or anything. ;)

He's behind you!

Kaiphantom
May 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Also occurred to me, that the colder temps could have been for putting his body in suspended animation. His mind got downloaded, and his body was taken some other placed and stored. Part of the future plot could involve figuring out how to get his mind back into his body.

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Also occurred to me, that the colder temps could have been for putting his body in suspended animation. His mind got downloaded, and his body was taken some other placed and stored. Part of the future plot could involve figuring out how to get his mind back into his body.

Suddenly I'm reminded of the barber's chair in "Sweeney Todd" and how it dumped people down a chute at the press of a button....XD

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 7th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Suddenly I'm reminded of the barber's chair in "Sweeney Todd" and how it dumped people down a chute at the press of a button....XD

if they start singing, everyone run!

Kentucky
May 7th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Who is to say that the only way out of the chair room is through the door that Riley was watching? There is always the possibility of some sort of ventilation or maintenance shaft or some super secret door. Maybe Franklin's second time in the chair drove him insane and he is now lurking through the ship attempting to prey upon the crew Reaver style.

SG-18
May 7th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I like the idea of having Franklin incorporated into the ship. I had that thought actually when he first went comatose. I kinda had hoped that the Atlantis writers woulda done that with someone to constantly sit in the chair and command stuff, but I think his body disappearing is really neat.

someone before me mentioned that maybe his body is in cold storage somewhere. Even if the writers don't think that up now, it could be a season or two down the road.

on a side note, I wish we could spend a few more episodes exploring the ship. And I did like to see george the robot repairing stuff. kinda reminded me of the droids from star wars Ep VI that attacked the jedi starfighters at the beginning. you know, the ones with the eyes?

Astrofighter
May 7th, 2010, 09:55 PM
just like what happened with o'neill in New Order Part 2 he was still frozen on thors ship but was able to communicate with them and use the ancient knowledge...the ship or franklin knew that when he used the chair it would kill him after wards so he was frozen to save his life...

Blackhole
May 7th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Maybe the ship's AI is a composite of computer and organic intelligence. It is possible that Franklin was integrated into the ship and replaced the organic portion. The speed at which those ice crystals formed on the window suggest that the temperature drop was extremely fast and very cold and probably wasn't survivable unless something occurred to protect him.

wingsabre
May 7th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I think he was TRONed.

TheGreatLordGeorge
May 7th, 2010, 10:13 PM
To me it is obvious, does anyone recall a little old SG-1 episode entitled Sentinel? The plot centered around a device that protected a planet and in order to operate it someone had to sacrifice their life.

Think about it, how awesome of a storyline would that be, every time destiny gets into trouble they would have to decide whether or not to sacrifice someone to save the crew.

randomking
May 7th, 2010, 10:13 PM
I think he was TRONed.

i love it :)

desertrat1979
May 7th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Integrated into the ship is a very likely answer. As far as him living, maybe not physically. He seemed to know the outcome as we see him tearing up. I think a part of his mind may be there, somwhere in the ships systems. Perhaps that is what was missing to increase the efficiency of Destiny. For millenia Destiny went unmanned. Maybe one of the drawbacks to maintaining the ship was that someone had to become a part of it. Ancients fade away, previous hosts in some way become unable to do the job, things fall apart. Now it gets a fresh host, we see improved ship where other stuff starts to work.

on the bright side they got one less mouth to feed. A fat one at that.

Astrofighter
May 7th, 2010, 10:23 PM
doubtful...the one thing we know about the alterans is that they never were big on sacrifice, look back to when they were leaving the ori galaxy, they had the device to show the people the truth about the ori but didnt use it because it went against their morals...you think years later when they make the destiny they threw some poor individual life away for a couple million year trek then just forgot about him and ascended?.....nah

TheGreatLordGeorge
May 7th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Perhaps out inferior bodies cannot tolerate he stress of the tasks performed

meo3000
May 7th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Definitely not ascension, there was no clothes left on the chair.

I believe Franklin has become the ships pilot and his body was put in stasis to protect it. He could be there for the next 1000 years, who knows.

I think the ship is gonna "behave" differently now, i wonder how long its gonna take before the crew figure it out.

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 10:54 PM
If the ship's going to behave like Franklin... *shudder*

Blackhole
May 7th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Integrated into the ship is a very likely answer. As far as him living, maybe not physically. He seemed to know the outcome as we see him tearing up. I think a part of his mind may be there, somwhere in the ships systems. Perhaps that is what was missing to increase the efficiency of Destiny. For millenia Destiny went unmanned. Maybe one of the drawbacks to maintaining the ship was that someone had to become a part of it. Ancients fade away, previous hosts in some way become unable to do the job, things fall apart. Now it gets a fresh host, we see improved ship where other stuff starts to work.

on the bright side they got one less mouth to feed. A fat one at that.

I am reminded of Babylon 5 when Draal became a part of The Great Machine.

DigiFluid
May 7th, 2010, 10:58 PM
My money's on ascension.

Cape
May 7th, 2010, 11:07 PM
The ancients where nowhere near ascending when destiny was sent out, it probably wasnt even an option to them at that point. Im thinking the cold killed him b/c he wasnt able to handle it for some reason or he became part of the ship(not making any assumptions about what happend to his body just his mind). I totally agree with the theory that the cold was to cool his body just like cooling systems for a super computer.

RepliVeggie
May 7th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I have believed an ancient has been watching over the destiny crew since Faith and I think this episode helped confirm it. I think Franklin knew he was going to die so he froze the room to give him more time and he was ascended by the ancient watching.

pipi
May 7th, 2010, 11:29 PM
I don't like ascention, makes it too easy.

Paladine
May 7th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I have believed an ancient has been watching over the destiny crew since Faith and I think this episode helped confirm it. I think Franklin knew he was going to die so he froze the room to give him more time and he was ascended by the ancient watching.

That seems like the most likely explanatoion so far. We know that ancient from the desert planet ( or whatever it was ) is at the very least interested in the desinies crew. It helped Lt. Scott find that lime. It would be a good time to tie up that loose end and make it part of what happened to Franklin.

desertrat1979
May 7th, 2010, 11:35 PM
I am reminded of Babylon 5 when Draal became a part of The Great Machine.

Exactly

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 11:44 PM
If the ship's going to behave like Franklin... *shudder*

A whiny, petulant Destiny would be a little too much to take. We'll know if he's in there for sure if all the military 'accidently' gets sealed off again. ;)

DetriusXii
May 7th, 2010, 11:44 PM
Another issue. How many cubic centimetres of waters was wasted to freeze that room? And where's the water going to drain to?

Meshakhad
May 7th, 2010, 11:52 PM
I can think of only three possibilities:

1. He was transported away. Three races have this capability: the Asgard, the Tau'ri, and the Wraith (though Wraith culling beams are much more limited than Agard beaming technology). However, the Blues have not shown this technology, and would probably have used it already if they had it. And we are pretty sure that there were no Asgard, Tau'ri, or Wraith ships in the area.
2. He got out of his chair and is somewhere else on Destiny. Possible, but unlikely.
3. He ascended... best explanation I can think of.

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Another issue. How many cubic centimetres of waters was wasted to freeze that room? And where's the water going to drain to?

Who says that water was required to freeze him? It could have been anything. For all we know, it was some other chemical, or simply turning off the heat to that particular room, siphoning in the near absolute zero temperatures from plates or something on the hull. I'd go for that, rather than a chemical, since Rush's console (or nose) would likely have told him if something was being pumped into the atmosphere of the chair room.

If Franklin did get frozen and shattered totally, perhaps there are grates he drained through? Mind you, I don't think that's what happened. It's kinda gross, because any water grates would probably lead to the recycling system, and I don't want to picture the crew drinking essence of Franklin. :P

Mevi
May 8th, 2010, 12:44 AM
To say the ancients weren't near ascension is pure conjecture and negligent. Please remember that the Lanteans that retreated back to Earth were the very last (that we know of) Ancients to ascend, as little as 10,000 years ago. However we know that some ancients ascended to avoid the Ori plague, shortly before or after Atlantis left Earth "several million years ago" - this means that an offshoot (Lanteans) existed for about a million years or more (how many is "several" we do not know, but it is a safe bet it is at least 1 or greater), before they themselves ascended. Remember, they also built in Pegasus the 'ascension bubble' planet as well as the ascension machine, among other things.

Do not assume the Lanteans were the pinnacle of Ancient civilization - perhaps they were the losers of the bunch (who were unable to ascend and had to use technology to cope, similar to the Asgard).

EllieVee
May 8th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Plus, Franklin was a prime whinger so much so that even McKay couldn't beat him as No. 1 Whinger and look what it took McKay to get even close to ascension.

maximmumrisk
May 8th, 2010, 12:49 AM
The Episode was cool, but not really what I expected. Franklin definatly is the most intriging part of the Plot. He was the first to sit on the chair and the ship took him probably as new commander(Or maybe key to the master code) so it updated his mind. Since we arent evolved enough yet, the update overloaded Franklins mind so he went comatose while his brain arranged the information. When he became concious again he still wasn`t able to do much, though he understood EVERYTHING.

What happened in the Chairroom is really up to imagination...
3 things that bother me:
1. The clamps to hold the head of the one sitting in the chair where still in place. Getting Fraklin out the chair this way without breaking his head off would be hard.
2. I agree that the room froze too fast. His body would suffer an instant death with that temperatur. So how could he still do the repairs and bring the ship back into FTL?
3. THE FREAKING TEAM COMING BACK AFTER 5 MINUTES WITHOUT TROUBLE!!!!

DigiFluid
May 8th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Plus, Franklin was a prime whinger so much so that even McKay couldn't beat him as No. 1 Whinger and look what it took McKay to get even close to ascension.
Perhaps the single most incorrect thing I've ever read at Gateworld :p

Nobody beats McKay at being a whiny snot. Nobody.

Trinary
May 8th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Franklin probably escape through the hole above the chair, He might found something when connected to the chair and get a map for the whole ship while in session. He may up for something that related to the other part of the ship such as the pyramid section.

Otherwise, he may be kidnapped by the blue alien to gain the stargate dialing knowledge.

meo3000
May 8th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Since when does the clothes ascend with the individual? Yes clamps were still there, but not the clothes.

timebandit
May 8th, 2010, 03:02 AM
i like the idea of a whiny franklin ship --- could be funny! If his body is in stasis, it couldn't have 'gone' far.

Ascension though -- hmmmmm .... normally when we have ascention they show the cool glowy tendrily arms and stuff and here were denied that, so I'm thinking no just for simplicity.

I doubt aliens took him otherwise wed see a hole cut in the ceiling of that room or one near it [we didnt see a hole shown so we dont know there wasnt one]. if he was it means he got blue-brains ...

Billz
May 8th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Answer

The "glowy" part, was coming from the lights above him that was also spitting out the frost. He didn't ascend. He was directly connected to the ship and, being the reasonably clever chap that he is, probably created some kind of rudimentary teleport system. Given Destiny's age, it would probably be a fairly new system for the ship. Maybe the frost was to minimize potential damage to the person being transported at the time.

I'd love to see that! Franklin appear somewhere else on the ship, frozen in a sitting position! Would be funny to see. :D

jwillis84
May 8th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I think the chair was less than what they thought.. but did more than they hoped.

We know the Ancients were interested in "higher consciousness" and aware of other planes of existence. But didn't quite know how to get there... or hadn't come up with the idea of immigration quite yet. But they may have been aware of when a thought experiment got out of hand.. hence the environmental controls, restraints, ect..

It might have been more of a "thought lab" where scientists and explorers could go to contemplate and experiment.

Sure it had access to mundane library resources not unlike a mental iPad for reading books.

But not unlike the Krell lab in Forbidden planet it could be a dangerous tool.

I think the "master key" they have been seeking is more like a library card "index" it just happens to be the basis of their knowledge storage system, like a number base.. or an arrangement.. such than when things are viewed through this kaleidoscope of the magic number everything becomes clear.. like figuring out the number of scan lines in a TV picture... or the structure of a book.

Passwords are an awful concept.. most acknowledge physical access trumps silly distractions like puzzles and can be eventually defeated.

But like the plaque on the Pioneer or Voyager probes.. without a point of reference.. the data would be inherently secure simply because it could not be understood in context.. the new arrivals on Destiny are the "key" the aliens have been looking for.. (what a great plot point.. what if at some point they have to try to convince the aliens.. they've all gone home.. would the aliens all pack up an go home?)

The "containment" room was an isolation chamber for managing the enormous energies that could be dissipated when something went wrong. Or could bleed it off and store it somehow.

Franklin probably figured out how to access the library.. and the mental terminal access to the ships computers.. but was afraid.. not of ascension.. but a plain and simple death.

Will they ever understand all of this in a Rush'ed monologue somewhere down the line.. I doubt it.

It will either remain a genuine unsolved mystery.. or.. an Ancient is shadowing them.. and will miraculously return him at some point entirely whole and humbled.

Of course by returning him.. they would forfeit the Ancients oversight.. but might finally understand fully what happened to Franklin.. and be given some measure of control of the ship.. probably a mid-season or end of season cliff hanger... though we don't know if the non-interference directive is maintained out in the border lands between galaxies.. the rules seemed to change between the Ori galaxies and the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies.. there seem to be regional domains of authority.

It has also occurred to me that inbound wormholes are permitted and the Milky Way in theory has the knowledge to open another one to the ship.. even if it cannot dial home.

SGU reminds me of an old SciFi novel called "Slow Freight" by F.M. Busby where a starship was sent out that had something like a wormhole aboard.. initially it too had an aversion to FTL and aliens.. don't take it as prior art however.. there are many SciFi stories with glancing similarities to the themes in play.. I would rather see some of those books turned into Saturday night SyFy "B" movies

garhkal
May 8th, 2010, 04:53 AM

Also, is it possible that he, not James, was the one who somehow sabotaged the engines? It seems unlikely, but I like to consider the options. :)

I am thinking he became one with the ship. When that 'cool air' started to come down i saw something in the ceiling look like it was made for a person (well that is what my mind showed me). BUT maybe that is part of the key to controlling the ship. it needs a human interface, like with the Guardian from SG1.

that makes me wonder if it did not place him into one of those hybernation like states that SG1 did with Oneill in lost city.

I'm curious as well about the room getting cold right before whatever happened to Franklin.. his voice went almost like a Goauld there when he said "Go" or was it just me?

Perhaps that was the ship speaking THROUGH him. Heck it might have even been his command TO the ship since right after it the ship went into ftl.

a some what diff thought. he has been cryogenicly frozen as he maintains command over the ship.... this would mean that the chair is also like "the chair" on Atlantis and from Antarctica....and in those chairs you had to sit to stay in command...but being a older version it has to freeze you to sustain control with out killing you. as well as some how moving you to a better suited "freezer"?

Like the cryo room near the chair in Lost city..

I doubt aliens took him otherwise wed see a hole cut in the ceiling of that room or one near it [we didnt see a hole shown so we dont know there wasnt one]. if he was it means he got blue-brains ...

Plus none of their fighters landed..

Pharaoh Atem
May 8th, 2010, 05:18 AM
franklin went out in a blaze of awesomeness.

Mr chuckles
May 8th, 2010, 06:03 AM
He is in the room above the chair room, with a kino viewer he found the secret stash of ancient porn. Old footage, literally billions of years old.

thekillman
May 8th, 2010, 06:08 AM
i think he ascended.

essentially he released his burden and he was psychologically ready for it, so yes i think he ascended

The Swarm
May 8th, 2010, 07:18 AM
He had the secrets of the universe downloaded into his brain, i dont think we should exclude asscension just yet...

Shai Hulud
May 8th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Destiny absorbed him and used the copious amounts of fat as fuel for the FTL drive.

Puddle-Jumper
May 8th, 2010, 07:22 AM
Ya I extremely doubt its ascention, perhaps Destiny has some form of transporter and beamed him to another section of the ship, or he beamed himself to another section of the ship... I could throw out a few crazy reasons as to why he'd have to make himself colder for that but its unlikely... I really don't have a clue.. Can't wait to find out though :D

It seemed a bit BSG hybridy though... I don't mind I loved them

exscape
May 8th, 2010, 07:53 AM
That seems like the most likely explanatoion so far. We know that ancient from the desert planet ( or whatever it was ) is at the very least interested in the desinies crew. It helped Lt. Scott find that lime. It would be a good time to tie up that loose end and make it part of what happened to Franklin.
That was (most likely) not an ascended being; it was the tiny bugs they later released through the gate in "Water". The buggers seemed to be drawn to water, which led Scott to it.

flameling
May 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I think that Franklin didn't ascend but instead was integrated into the ship which'll raise the question as to how communication would work. What I find more interesting is if Franklin is part of the ship, or possibly the ship, could he be the password Rush has been looking for to control the ship? I've missed a few episodes so I'm not sure if they found the control code yet but it would be interesting if Franklin is the command code now.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 8th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I am reminded of Babylon 5 when Draal became a part of The Great Machine.GREEN for a B5 reference! I think the destiny is at least partly sentient and that now Franklin is hooked into that somehow.

... I don't want to picture the crew drinking essence of Franklin. :P*shudder* no one wants to picture that, LOL!

franklin went out in a blaze of awesomeness.

erotavlas
May 8th, 2010, 09:01 AM
i think ascension is still a possibility, doesn't it usually happen when the person lets go of their burden like when they are able to perform a self sacrificing action (as Franklin just did) He definitely might have the mental capacity to achieve it after having his brain rewired by the chair

Plus do we even know that all ancients did not ascend or know how at the time of Destiny? Maybe a few special ones here and there along their history started to achieve it which made the rest more curious about it. Naturally that is how it would start off.....evolution of traits doesn't happen to everyone all at once

aaobuttons
May 8th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I hope he was uploaded into the ship. I think that's much cooler than the ascencion route which has been done many times before. The coldness HAS to play a part in it, but I don't know what it was necessary for if the ship was just going to vaporize the body after the download. If it just vaporized him without an upload I'm going to call that a big waste of an opportunity!

randomking
May 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM

ya because ascention has ever ben ez for this show....with there 1kabilon rules....but if you mean to ez as far as exsplaning what hapend to him or the fact this cair is way older than most ancient things and it ascended him then i agree

thekillman
May 8th, 2010, 10:13 AM
yes i have NO idea what you just said.

Cape
May 8th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Another reason why i don't think its ascention is b/c the writers and producers are trying to distance themselves alot from SG1 and SGA and it was heavily used in both so i don't see them touching on it this early in the game with SGU

Shai Hulud
May 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Perhaps Destiny absorbed Franklin in order to analyse the mind of a human? I kinda like the idea of the Destiny having a dormant AI which will be awakened in Season 2, perhaps Franklin will be resurected as the Destiny's holographic AI?

fmbchris
May 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Destiny has absorbed Franklin.

thekillman
May 8th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Another reason why i don't think its ascention is b/c the writers and producers are trying to distance themselves alot from SG1 and SGA and it was heavily used in both so i don't see them touching on it this early in the game with SGU

yet ascension was mentioned several times. even mandy spoke of ascension.
"we had those long talks. talked about the mathematical proof, the ancients, ascension"
in Time we had talks of ascension.

onik
May 8th, 2010, 11:14 AM
"An operational, non-fictional cloaking device might be an extension of the basic technologies used by stealth aircraft, such as radar-absorbing dark paint, optical camouflage, cooling the outer surface to minimize electromagnetic emissions (usually infrared), or other techniques to minimize other EM emissions, and to minimize particle emissions from the object."

Lol, Franklin is just invisible!

Puddle-Jumper
May 8th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Maybe he used some other secret exit? or for some reason I think the chair might descend down.. to get to a room in the ship with a statis pod. Which could be to do with the temperature dropping, because its not as advanced as the other statsis pods in atlantis and his body temperature needs to be lowered first... seems to fit

thekillman
May 8th, 2010, 11:43 AM
yes he climbed up the rope ladder

Astrofighter
May 8th, 2010, 11:50 AM
someone asked about how much water was used up? whos to say the cold vapor was water to begin with? also when you freeze something the molecules expand so even if it was water it wasnt all that much to cool something down you simply remove the moisture from it

we have yet to see any indication the ship has any AI of any kind

only logically thing we can draw from it is that he froze himself, he sat in the chair it connected he was running it, then it got cold in the room. Showing that he was the one that cold the ship to do it and he knew what was about to happen and he told they to "Go"

General Jumper One
May 8th, 2010, 11:59 AM
He is in Heaven!

Caritas
May 8th, 2010, 12:08 PM
I watched this one with my bother, and his theory was that the aliens had cut a hole into that room and had abducted him. Personally I don't see it, but hey, it could have happened. My money's on ascension.

The Swarm
May 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
The God aliens that build the solar system in the "Faith" episode teleported him to heaven for his noble sacrifice....or he just needed to use the bathroom.

Mr chuckles
May 8th, 2010, 01:43 PM
It has to do with I think, unlocking Destiny.

Nemises
May 8th, 2010, 02:14 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/a/a6/304RingTransporter.jpg

hisg1fans
May 8th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I think he's been taken over permanently by a Smurf. It took the Smurf months to figure out how to use his new body. He briefly took over Riley's mind to get away. And is now hiding somewhere on the ship and will take it over from a control console.

Morganrone93
May 8th, 2010, 02:29 PM
For you all, Id say, the floor har something to say on pic 2, its the one second scene before it all goes bright by the lamps above, so its very easy to miss.

http://picupload.org/i/ed08e68565d3.PNG

http://picupload.org/i/e100fd3e0407.PNG

The pics turned out to be kinda big, heh.

magictrick
May 8th, 2010, 02:59 PM
The Destiny was created before the Ancients discovered ascension, so I doubt the chair could cause someone to ascend.

I think its more likely to do with the chromosome thing that was talked about in the previous episode. When it happened my initial thought was that Franklin sacrificed his energy and that somehow powered the ship.

Cape
May 8th, 2010, 03:24 PM
yet ascension was mentioned several times. even mandy spoke of ascension.
"we had those long talks. talked about the mathematical proof, the ancients, ascension"
in Time we had talks of ascension.

mentioning asension and actually ascending someone are two totally different levels of inclusion though

Mr chuckles
May 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
The great BAG saved him and the ship.

Morganrone93
May 8th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Jesus, all of you have been thinking of the same thing, 5 pages and only 2 conclusions, while I am having the only logical explanation! *hint* :P

jcainhaze
May 8th, 2010, 05:37 PM
The name of the ship is Destiny. Hasn't it been refered to as the Ancient's Destiny. Maybe that's some forshadowing. Are we 100% positive the Ancients definitely never visited the Destiny? Isn't it possible the Ancients did in fact visit the Destiny and the Destiny taught the Ancients how to ascend? I'm just thinking outloud here. So lets say some of the ancients were physically ready but did not have the wisdom of how to ascend........or atleast something along those lines....you get the idea. Is it possible that the along the Destiny's travels it has aquired such huge amounts of information that somewhere in there is the key to ascension?

Maybe the Ancients were finally ready to visit Destiny, got there, sat in the chair, and were like "holy cr*p"!

This could be the same thing Franklin found out and poofed out into thin air :)

Trinary
May 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Is it possible the ship use Franklin' body as a human interface?

I begin to think, the ship use the com-stone experimenting to control James to disable the less efficient FTL drive. If the Blue alien want to sabotage the ship, I think it will be most of FTL drives will be disabled. Franklin on the other hand, has previously interfaced with the chair. So, using the below zero temperature action is seem to put his body for suspended animation and probably in attempt to re-wire his brain to be able having direct link to the ship control.

Once it done, Franklin may exit the room using another secret door used to be a maintenance tube or some sort. Otherwise, his body may be moved into a stasis compartment underneath the chair or somewhere in the room wall. Then, the ship control panel will started appear in English.

I doubt there will be a bizarre thing happened to Franklin such as ascend, teleport or dematerialize on Destiny. Just need a little bit a detective works to find out what happened to him.

Astrofighter
May 8th, 2010, 06:25 PM
the opening above the chair is larger than the chair itself, large enough for a set of rings to come down and grab him, it could very well transport him to a stasis or hold his signature in its buffer

not integrated into the ship or sent some place else, just locked up safe and sound

like others have said the cool down was so his brain wouldn't over heat and could handle the information, has nothing to do with why he is gone

the fifth man
May 8th, 2010, 07:12 PM
We definitely haven't seen the last of him. I have a good feeling about that.

KlaxxonBlue
May 8th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Someone was on the ship before the current group of preschoolers. The air scrubber points to that conclusion.

The only way I can think that the CO2 scrubber would have been in that condition, is if someone was there actively generating CO2. As we saw, Destiny started up the life support systems when it detected an incoming wormhole. So the substance would have been sitting there for 100,000+ years inactive, and unless the components have a preset shelf life (doesn't sound like the ancients), then the compound should have been good.

I find all the possibilities mentioned here reasonable. Ascension seems the most far fetched, but not impossible. The process of ascension involves increasing ones vibrational levels in order to achieve a state of pure energy. Turning the room cold would seem to me, the wrong direction to go. Ascensions that we have seen on screen (Adria and Sanctuary Devotees) took place at normal temperatures.

If he was absorbed by the ship, I'm betting there is more than just Franklin in Destiny.

Just my 2 cents.

Klaxxon

mizzoueng
May 8th, 2010, 07:37 PM
I think Franklin knew what to do, but to be able to grasp onto the solution long enough he had to freeze himself. He has a copy of all the data of the Destiny and possibly 100 galaxies in his mind, to be able to hold onto that single data sequence he needs to bypass the FTL module, he needed to freeze his brain so the only brainwaves picked up by the chair are a temporary access code and the command for the bypass.

Unfortunately this means he has to cyrogenically (sp?) freeze his body. When this happens, the flesh at his temples becomes brittle and rigid. To maintain contact with Franklin the chair presses in more to get a better "contact surface". In that instance the command is sent. This causes a slight energy pulse which fractures his body and the chair does more damage. The jump into FTL is the trifecta that shatters what is left.

The chair sequence, which now does not recognize a user, raises the temperature and what is left of Franklin reduces to vapor which is collected by the chair mechanism for recycling for use on the next user.

drake122
May 8th, 2010, 07:47 PM
He is in the mess hall drinking Volker's homebrew.

Stranded
May 8th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I'll just point out one thing:

The Stargate writers are good at planning ahead and adding tiny bits of info in early episodes, which will later be explored in more detail. An example is Franklin himself, going comatose so early in the season. Another example is that robot being discovered in a previous episode, not the episode they use it in.

The room went cold/frozen. There was a reason for it happening. We just don't know what that reason was yet.

My brother suggested that it had something to do with restricting the speed at which his own mind would be working, while increasing the efficiency of the chair's ability. A very cold climate would cause hypothermia to accomplish just that, and if the chair is anything like Earth computers, it would prevent it from overheatting. Which might suggest it was using a lot more power than usual.

That's one of the things I thought of when I was watching. I think in reality it's going to be something different though. We'll just have to wait and see =/

Tuvok
May 8th, 2010, 08:07 PM

The Destiny absorbed him for processing power.

So it could override certain protocols and enable FTL.

From a Destiny point of view, if it is going to save you. It needs something from you.

Werewolfhero
May 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
I think he either ended up ascending. All these wierd theories about the chair converting him to power for the ftl or it eating him or shoving him into some hidden room seem alittle too far off the deepend.

Krisz
May 8th, 2010, 09:13 PM
To me it is obvious, does anyone recall a little old SG-1 episode entitled Sentinel? The plot centered around a device that protected a planet and in order to operate it someone had to sacrifice their life.

Think about it, how awesome of a storyline would that be, every time destiny gets into trouble they would have to decide whether or not to sacrifice someone to save the crew.

The Sentinel came to mind when I saw what happened to Franklin. The people on that planet didn't know who built the 'sentinel' and what it really did, only that it destroyed any threats they faced as long as it had a human 'caretaker'. This could be an early form of Ancient defence technology, before they invented the mind controlled drones of the Antarctic outpost and Atlantis.

I like your thought about it being yet another ethical dilemma they get into if they have to get out of another life threatening situation.

HaMm3r
May 8th, 2010, 09:36 PM
For you all, Id say, the floor har something to say on pic 2, its the one second scene before it all goes bright by the lamps above, so its very easy to miss.

http://picupload.org/i/ed08e68565d3.PNG

I didn't catch this minor detail during either of the two times I've watched the ep so far, but if you look at the screen capture that Morganrone93 posted, the wrist and ankle "cuffs" on the chair are still in the closed position and the probes are still extended, as if someone were still in the chair. So that means that Franklin didn't physically leave in one piece. So theories like the chair dropping thru the floor and depositing his frozen body somewhere are out. He had to have been transported, converted or disintegrated by some means.

Just plain dead or a kind of "ghost in the machine" are my guesses.

pipi
May 8th, 2010, 11:54 PM
I like the idea of Franklin teleporting himself into a status chamber to save himself from the verge of death.

meo3000
May 9th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Definitely large enough ceiling hole for first version rings...

http://picupload.org/i/4976e6c97138.JPG

or maybe a trap opening, lowering the chair somewhere

http://picupload.org/i/a811363c43bc.jpg

garhkal
May 9th, 2010, 05:54 AM
I think he either ended up ascending. All these wierd theories about the chair converting him to power for the ftl or it eating him or shoving him into some hidden room seem alittle too far off the deepend.

IMO less so than him being ascended. How long after rodney got into that ascendo device in Tao, did it take for him to get to the point he was capable of ascending? A long time. Franklin has not had that long since he got into the chair to get that way. Especially with him being in a coma for a while.

Sami_
May 9th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Its definetly not going to be ascension, we have enough information of the ancient timeline to know that it came much later.

I don't think he is dead, the whole point of the low temperatures would seem to indicate some sort of suspended animation and therefore he is still alive - most likely augmenting the ships computer in some way.

Sami_
May 9th, 2010, 07:04 AM
The Sentinel came to mind when I saw what happened to Franklin. The people on that planet didn't know who built the 'sentinel' and what it really did, only that it destroyed any threats they faced as long as it had a human 'caretaker'. This could be an early form of Ancient defence technology, before they invented the mind controlled drones of the Antarctic outpost and Atlantis.

Wasn't it indicated that they made it themselves but had lost that knowledge over time?

From Stargate Wiki:

The episode begins as General Hammond attempts to contact SG-9 on P2A-018, who are eleven hours late reporting in. SG-9 was attempting to re-establish diplomatic ties with the Latonans, creators of an advanced defensive weapon named the "Sentinel", which was developed over five-hundred years ago by their ancestors, to defend the planet.

The last ancients (in Atlantis) ascended 10,000 years before SG-1.

Trinary
May 9th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Basically, no residue on the floor to support the theory of his body being shattered. Also Sgt. Riley didn't see any flying bright light to support the theory of ascended being in the room. So, both theories can be dismissed.

Shai Hulud
May 9th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Perhaps Riley has him stashed in his quarters as some weird sort of love slave?

Mr chuckles
May 9th, 2010, 08:43 AM
I think he has become one with the Destiny.

icsteffi
May 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I can see the arguments against Franklin's ascension argument... But I really think that ascension is what much of this show will be about---that is why Rush is here!! So I'm going to go with that for now, and be perfectly happy whatever way the writers take it.

Did you guys hear an alarm sounding in your heads when Mandy talked about her long conversations with Rush (after his wife died!) "about the ancients and ascension." Rush has always been motivated by the concept, and has always been overly interested in that chair. I could be wrong, I just feel like Mandy's comment meant a lot!

Andru10
May 9th, 2010, 09:23 AM
In the alternate universe from Atlantis's Vegas episode they would have brought detective John Sheppard to take the case :))

Puddle-Jumper
May 9th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Someone was on the ship before the current group of preschoolers. The air scrubber points to that conclusion.

The only way I can think that the CO2 scrubber would have been in that condition, is if someone was there actively generating CO2. As we saw, Destiny started up the life support systems when it detected an incoming wormhole. So the substance would have been sitting there for 100,000+ years inactive, and unless the components have a preset shelf life (doesn't sound like the ancients), then the compound should have been good.

Ya I was wondering about that too, Im thinking at somepoint we might see a before I sleep type senario like that in atlantis s1 which would explain it pretty well, then again any bacteria that were aboard the ship could use oxygen and produce C02, which over millions of years could have accounted for the damage to the air filters, then again its very possible that the substance did have a shelf life, I dunno about you but I can't name too many things that last for millions of years in perfect shape, regardless of if they're being used or not.

Astrofighter
May 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Wasn't it indicated that they made it themselves but had lost that knowledge over time?

From Stargate Wiki:

The last ancients (in Atlantis) ascended 10,000 years before SG-1.

Their ancestors is the key phrase there, not the ancients but their own people. The ancients didn't build the sentinel the people on the planet did, they built all this great technology and they got to the point where everyone was able to live their lives without having to create or build, they just relied on the old tech and were oblivious as to how to make it. Nothing at all to do with the alterans.

Mr chuckles
May 9th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Get that batman fella to solve the case. he is known as the world's greatest detective. He probably already knows about the sgc.

Krisz
May 9th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Their ancestors is the key phrase there, not the ancients but their own people. The ancients didn't build the sentinel the people on the planet did, they built all this great technology and they got to the point where everyone was able to live their lives without having to create or build, they just relied on the old tech and were oblivious as to how to make it. Nothing at all to do with the alterans.

Perhaps their ancestors backwards engineered Ancient technology they came across, much like the people of Earth are doing in the present. Could be that their technology 5 thousand years before was based on Ancient technology from before even Atlantis, who knows!

The Asgard were busy for many thousands of years trying to work out what they found in the Ancient repositories, perhaps the ancestors of the Sentinel planet's inhabitants did the same.

I just found it interesting that Franklin disappeared just as a whole array of weapons we haven't seen deployed on Destiny before came to life to make short work of those enemy ships.

Mike.
May 9th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I just found it interesting that Franklin disappeared just as a whole array of weapons we haven't seen deployed on Destiny before came to life to make short work of those enemy ships.

Did you mean the ones that were destroyed right at the end ? Those were vaporised when Destiny jumped into FTL, i.e. what would would have happened to the shuttle in Divided if Rush and Eli hadn't got Destiny's shield to envelop it.

pipi
May 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM
No leftover clothing equals no ascention! Anyone spot Franklin's dirty underwear?

jcainhaze
May 9th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Franklins mind was transfered into the robot? Robo-Frankie???

Lord Zedd
May 9th, 2010, 11:43 PM
What if someone were to sit in the chair again and another one in a space suit to stay in room. Than you could find out. The temprature was dropping but the suits should be able to withstand it.

Sp!der
May 10th, 2010, 12:10 AM
What if someone were to sit in the chair again and another one in a space suit to stay in room. Than you could find out. The temprature was dropping but the suits should be able to withstand it.

good thought, I guess rush would be the guy in the suit.

icsteffi
May 10th, 2010, 12:26 AM
It probably wouldn't happen to anyone else. Franklin had a special relationship with the chair..... :)

escyos
May 10th, 2010, 07:18 AM
i doubt he ascended, when destiny was launched the ancients were no where near ascension.

Egle01
May 10th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Destiny ate Franklin.

escyos
May 10th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Destiny ate Franklin.

destiny was lookin a little fat towards the end

dacooker
May 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Destiny ate Franklin.

this

ThePlut
May 10th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Franklin's mind got downloaded/intergrated into Destiny's computer. His physical body was transported and stored somewhere else on the ship, so they could be re-integrated later. Hopefully, wherever that location is, it's still intact and operational.

I bet we see Destiny start to behave somewhat differently going forward. I bet we also find out that Franklin's isn't the only mind/consciousness that's currently residing in there.

beafly
May 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM
So...

I saw this sequence and immediately the whole EVE Pilot/Pod/Ship concept came to mind.

This makes a ton of sense in my head.

For an ancient to board and pilot the Destiny for any meaningful period of time, his body would need to be suspended. Downloading his consciousness to the ship's computers and flash freezing and storing his body is a pretty decent way to handle it provided you have a good system for reversing the process later.

This would allow an Ancient pilot to make actual use of the Destiny, vs. board and die before seeing any significant portion of the universe.

So, I'm going with the: His mind is integrated and body frozen and stored crowd. Spend some time reading some EVE Online fiction to get a feel for just how powerful this combination is.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 10th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Destiny ate Franklin.

They killed Kenny!
snorks, sorry, first thing that popped into my head :D

Choo1701
May 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Destiny ate Franklin.

i can haz earth scientist?

wow, Destiny eats people. Now THAT would be interesting. Extremely creepy, but interesting. :)

Kentucky
May 10th, 2010, 11:24 AM
If Franklin's consciousness was downloaded into Destiny I'd like it to be something permanent. I think there needs to be some degree of consequence for sitting in that chair and being able to control destiny.

Furthermore if the control gained from such a download was only temporary and required someone else to sacrifice them self to the chair every season or some other determined period it could be a very intriguing plot device that added significant weight to the series. But that's just how I'd write it, I'm sure TPTB have something good planned.

Kaiphantom
May 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Destiny ate Franklin.

*gate dials*

Riley: "There are 5 other gate addresses here but they are locked out; why is Destiny dialing this one?"
Rush: "I'm not entirely sure; this planet seems to have oceans consisting of various concentrations of a tomato paste."
Eli: "So Destiny wants us to go swimming in Ketchup? Why?"

Egle01
May 10th, 2010, 12:40 PM
They killed Kenny!
snorks, sorry, first thing that popped into my head :DNah, Chloe is the Kenny. :P:D

Franklin was Cartman - http://stargate.mgm.com/view/blog/1721/index.html :D:D

koroush47
May 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Maybe he was overwhelmed by the amount of power he had by sitting in the chair so he used the ship itself to transport him to a secret control room somewhere so he can dictate rule over the ship in some other episode.

Yeah probably not, but it beats the idea of ascension. That stuff got old and boring a long time ago.

koroush47
May 10th, 2010, 01:14 PM

Or they try to stop him when he attempts to take over the ship.

gotthammer
May 10th, 2010, 01:35 PM
I to think that he is probably somehow downloaded into the ship now and has become Destiny's own Karan S'jet.

Hehehe. Homeworld reference. :D
I kinda think this is the case, too...but maybe not 'downloaded'. Maybe it's something like a fusion of some of the ideas here: he's been 'transported' elsewhere, but is also a 'part of the ship' (maybe not unlike S'jet: w/ tubes and whatnot sticking out of him - direct interface and all that :D ).

escyos
May 10th, 2010, 10:21 PM
OR

He was used up like the Sentinel device did to whatshisname. wasnt the code for destiny something to do with chromosomes?

Mongoletsi
May 11th, 2010, 04:42 AM

Disagree entirely. The air scrubbers were like that simply because they are so old. Destiny was never intended by the Ancients to have survived anything like this long.

I do agree that Franklin is probably still around, somehow.

garhkal
May 11th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Which makes me wonder if an ancient might have been the forefather of those on that planet that the 'high one' was mentioning who made the device..

SG7
May 11th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Disagree entirely. The air scrubbers were like that simply because they are so old. Destiny was never intended by the Ancients to have survived anything like this long.

I do agree that Franklin is probably still around, somehow.

I too think that he is around also. All we saw was an empty chair. They didn't pan around the whole room to every nick and corner to see if he was actually in a corner somewhere. I envision in the next episode, we'll see him curled up in a ball in a corner somewhere, overwhelmed by what he did for the rest of the people on Destiny. (the chair having a powerful effect on his mind)

sman789
May 11th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Just remember that the chair's restraints were still "up" and the mind thing was in the on position. It's unlikely he actually got out of the chair at any point, unless it just randomly activated itself again for no reason.

Commander Zelix
May 11th, 2010, 05:55 AM
He clearly ascended. :P

Senzune
May 11th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Indeed, he most likely ascended.

Which brings me to the hopes of him coming back later in season 2, as the Destiny is billions of lightyears from home and thus from the spacezones where the ascended Ancients are. Thus, there are no rules for ascended beings and as soon as Franklin got to learn ascended powers, he should be able to return to the destiny. Or, if he doesn't travel within the FTL field of Destiny, he's stuck as the only ascended being in the fast distances between two unknown galaxies.

beafly
May 11th, 2010, 07:16 AM
He clearly ascended. :P

Clearly. There is no other plausible explanation like the half dozen or so presented here.

Wait, huh?

meo3000
May 11th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Hes in cold storage for the anniversary BBQ, next to the senator.

Kaiphantom
May 11th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Hes in cold storage for the anniversary BBQ, next to the senator.

The next episode has a memorial service, scheduled right after the BBQ.

Young: "I'd like to take this time for a moment of silence to remember our dear departed friend, who gave us such a valuable gift... meat. But not only that, as we'll remember that he touched all of our lives in subtle but important ways; but he's not gone, as he's left a piece of himself behind. Many pieces in fact, covered in BBQ sauce. And so we will always remember our dear friend, because we all carry a part of him within us... at least now..."

ancientaction
May 11th, 2010, 10:09 AM
(QR)

I see two plausible posiblities. and one less than plausible.

1) Aliens boarded and took him just after giving the nessisary command to FTL away. (Possible, but they didn't exactly show much of the room at the end, never really paned and zoomed to see if there was a whole in the roof or not.) Personaly, I don't like this posibility.

2) He ascended. He had WEEKS traped in his own mind with very little to do other than marinate in the knowledged that was forced into his head. and then, at the last moments of despair, he speaks, He knows he's the one that has to make the sacrafice. was the chair an ascension machine, I doubt it, But i think the chair may have activated parts of his brain nessiary to do so, in that situation, i think it could be highly plausible that he did in fact ascend.

3), the less than likely situation, The ship Ate him. Or whatever Ive seen from some of the replies already, the ship could have used his body to become one with the ship or whatever, I mean, the fracking ship flys trough a star to fill up its tank... what else can it do?

blackluster
May 11th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Personally I'm hoping that he simply got out of the room some other way and is on the ship somewhere. The only issue with that is that as I look at that scene again, it looks like the clamps and the head piece on the chair are still engaged. Perhaps he is in the chair and Young and James just can't see him for some reason.

AVFan
May 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I think the ship absorbed him somehow... For what purpose, I have no idea. Could be to control the ship? Maybe the ship required some sort of sacrifice? I dunno.

I would compare his experience to Daniel's in Crystal Skull. The skull started the process of transferring Daniel to another dimension to talk to the aliens, but Teal'c stopped the process, leaving Daniel in limbo. I wouldn't say that the purposes of the devices are the same, but I think what we saw happen to Franklin in Justice (?) was part of the normal process of the chair.

droid327
May 11th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Ascension is really out of the question. The Destiny, if I remember my Ancients timeline correctly, predates the MW Plague, and definitely predates Atlantis. The Destiny's SGs and all the other Ancient tech predates anything we've seen in SG up to this point. To think that the Ancients had understood and refined the process of ascension so well, that early, that someone as "unprepared" as Franklin can master it in 3 weeks, defies the logic of the canon up to this point.

I think whats more probable is that his body was damaged by the first time he sat in the chair, and so he put himself in cold storage to halt the degradation, moved his consciousness into Destiny, and then had Destiny stick his body in stasis somewhere until he could repair it. We saw that the chair doesnt physically bore into your brain, it just touched at the temples, so its arguable that Franklin had remained "connected" to Destiny the entire time he was in catatonia, even when he was no longer physically in the chair, and remained so once the link was properly re-established, even if his body was moved to stasis.

He's just in a closet somewhere, Reginald Barclay-ing it up in the Destiny's CPU.

meo3000
May 12th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Like AVfan said, he could also be out of phase and still in the chair.

garhkal
May 12th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Well said droid. There is just too much time from when the ship was launched to when the ancients started to ascend, to even think that this ship had the capacity to give HIM the capability to ascend.

harakiri
May 12th, 2010, 05:52 AM
After reading here a bit (not all yet,but will.) I also have to say I am wondering about this. Excuse me if this has been brought up earlier:But another question related to this is: "will we ever see him again?" Its a strange thing that happened in this episode,and now The Destiny leaves that galaxy. Many questions remains for this season and the next. The writers have done an excellent job when it comes to leaving things unanswered. Maybe Franklin needed the chair to "survive" from the "damage" it did first.

If he ascended he would probably now be a part of the ship. I guess we all like me feels the ship as an almost living entity.

pipi
May 12th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Well said droid. There is just too much time from when the ship was launched to when the ancients started to ascend, to even think that this ship had the capacity to give HIM the capability to ascend.

Yaa. Destiny tech is pre-ascention. There's no way the chair could double as an ascention machine. And for Franklin to ascend on his own right.. er. what makes him so special? It's not like he's been meditating for decades or has an ascended tour guide.

HaMm3r
May 12th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I watch this episode for about the 4th or 5th time yesterday, and one new thing I noticed was how profusely Franklin was sweating thoughout the entire episode, until he was placed in the chair. I think the writers were trying to give the impression that his mind was burning up or overheating from all the knowledge dumped into it, and that the freezing sequence was a way to stabilize his brain function. I now have the impression that Franklin initiated his own freezing intentionally, instead of the ship doing it to him as I first thought. He likely knew that was the only way to control Destiny and possibly "save" himself.

Astrofighter
May 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Another thing about it instantly ascending him...lets not forget the Atlantis machine that got Mckay there...it took several days for his body to get ready to ascend. Are you telling me the ancients made the tech to pretty much instantly ascend an average joe human millions of years ago and then forgot and made a new machine that takes days and kills half the people that use it....and plus as others have said, when a person ascends in the Stargate realm their clothes are left in a pile where they stood, as they don't ascend their clothes just their body! No clothes in the chair...

HaMm3r
May 12th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I agree, there's no way he ascended. That theory just makes no sense whatsoever, and it would be highly unimaginative writing if that's the explanation we get. Assuming, of course, that we ever get an explanation at all.

I'm far more inclined to believe that Franklin either burned-up or was vaporized by interfacing with the chair, and that the freezing we saw was a way to slow down his inevitable death. Some form of suspended animation would be reasonable too, but either way, I'd like to see his presence lingering on Destiny in some manner.

I am hopeful that the writers will come up with a brilliant and surprising resolution to the Franklin story. They've certainly shown they're capable of it several times this season.

TinyTimm
May 12th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I agree, there's no way he ascended. That theory just makes no sense whatsoever, and it would be highly unimaginative writing if that's the explanation we get. Assuming, of course, that we ever get an explanation at all.

I'm far more inclined to believe that Franklin either burned-up or was vaporized by interfacing with the chair, and that the freezing we saw was a way to slow down his inevitable death. Some form of suspended animation would be reasonable too, but either way, I'd like to see his presence lingering on Destiny in some manner.

I am hopeful that the writers will come up with a brilliant and surprising resolution to the Franklin story. They've certainly shown they're capable of it several times this season.

I hate to see it but I really don’t expect even a semi-good explanation about where he went. My reasoning for this is because of what happened to Eli, Chloe, and Scott.

They were left behind from the ship and we were left with the cliffhanger of them having no way to possibly get back. Then, in the next episode, kawoosh!, they get back no problem and the situation was resolved in like 2 seconds.

I just think they removed him because it would be a little too easy for the crew to have him around so he could control the ship whenever they needed him to.

AVFan
May 12th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Like AVfan said, he could also be out of phase and still in the chair.

That's not really what I was saying, but I suppose it's possible. I was just comparing the two devices, and how they look like they seem to be functioning improperly (the Skull emitted yellow dots IIRC, along with massive amounts of radiation; the chair made Franklin bleed from the temples), yet this is part of the normal function.

HaMm3r
May 13th, 2010, 05:55 AM
I hate to see it but I really don’t expect even a semi-good explanation about where he went. My reasoning for this is because of what happened to Eli, Chloe, and Scott.
I know...I'm afaid of that too, but we've seen the writers do it. Just take the scene from Lost where the trio tries to dial and Destiny jumps away. That was brilliantly executed.

That's not really what I was saying, but I suppose it's possible. I was just comparing the two devices, and how they look like they seem to be functioning improperly (the Skull emitted yellow dots IIRC, along with massive amounts of radiation; the chair made Franklin bleed from the temples), yet this is part of the normal function.
It will be interesting the next time we get a look at the chair. In that last scene when Young and James entered the room, the chair was obviously still "active", with the cuffs closed and the blue overhead light still on. If it remains "on" in future episodes, then we'll know Franklin is still involved somehow, but boy wouldn't that present a problem for Rush. With the chair active, no one else could use it and he'd be cut off from any further experimentation on it.

AdmlDj
May 13th, 2010, 11:04 AM
from the first time i saw the chair i knew that it would download the consiousness of whoever sat in it this episode just proved that and the code that rush saw must have been the dna of the last ancient to sit in the chair i bet they'll type in franklins dna and will have full access to the ships computer

pipi
May 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM
So what happen to the last ancient? He or She probably went insane commanding a ship for a million years with no one to talk to.

AdmlDj
May 14th, 2010, 03:14 AM
So what happen to the last ancient? He or She probably went insane commanding a ship for a million years with no one to talk to.

i think when your absorbed into the ship it uses your brain power as the ships operating system or something like that sort of like that episode of st ent with the repair station and all the aliens tucked away in the back
ps i know im on rather dubious ground here and this is all pure speculation but it seems to fit and maybe between a few of us we can flesh the idea out completely what do you think?

pipi
May 14th, 2010, 04:39 AM
i think when your absorbed into the ship it uses your brain power as the ships operating system or something like that sort of like that episode of st ent with the repair station and all the aliens tucked away in the back
ps i know im on rather dubious ground here and this is all pure speculation but it seems to fit and maybe between a few of us we can flesh the idea out completely what do you think?

If the chair absorbs a person's brain rendering him useless, then that's the same as a human sacrifice. A bit barbaric for such an advanced race. And they haven't learnt ascention back then so the sacrifice would be in vain. I'm leaning more towards no ship assimulation but Franklin's body and brain was so overloaded that he needed to put himself into status just after he commanded the ship to jump into FTL to preserve his life, in the hope that someone in the future knows how to defrost him without killing him.

HaMm3r
May 14th, 2010, 05:58 AM
I'm more inclined to believe that we'll never see Franklin's physical form again. Being that he was human and not ancient, he couldn't survive the chair, but I suspect a true ancient could sit there without injury. However, I think we will see Franklin in future episodes, perhaps the next time someone uses the modified chair interface, he will appear in their "dream" as part of, yet separate to the ship's computer.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 14th, 2010, 07:07 AM
ps i know im on rather dubious ground here and this is all pure speculation but it seems to fit and maybe between a few of us we can flesh the idea out completely what do you think?speculating is where so much of the fun comes in, isn't it? I too think he's now part of the ship's AI

If the chair absorbs a person's brain rendering him useless, then that's the same as a human sacrifice. A bit barbaric for such an advanced race. And they haven't learnt ascention back then so the sacrifice would be in vain. I'm leaning more towards no ship assimulation but Franklin's body and brain was so overloaded that he needed to put himself into status just after he commanded the ship to jump into FTL to preserve his life, in the hope that someone in the future knows how to defrost him without killing him.I don't really see sacrifice as being barbaric, or that another race would see it as barbaric. If he's gone on to be part of the ship, is he really dead? Perhaps that's not seen as killing?

Mike.
May 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM
If the chair absorbs a person's brain rendering him useless, then that's the same as a human sacrifice. A bit barbaric for such an advanced race. And they haven't learnt ascention back then so the sacrifice would be in vain.

Just because he's stored in the ship's computers doesn't mean he's dead. He can be rematerialized just like how he was dematerialized. lol human sacrifice :lol: He either needed to properly integrate with the ship to control it or he put himself in suspended animation to prevent himself from dying if the chair taxed his body too much.

Morganrone93
May 14th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Why is nearly every goddarn input, that he got eaten, absorbed, integrated by the ship? Even Franklin being a cylon is more likely.. Well, maybe not, but still...

HaMm3r
May 14th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Why is nearly every goddarn input, that he got eaten, absorbed, integrated by the ship? Even Franklin being a cylon is more likely.. Well, maybe not, but still...

Ok...you clearly don't like those ideas. What is your suggestion then?

Keep in mind, the cuffs on the chair were still closed, so he did not get up and walk away, nor was he taken away whole. What does that leave? He could be invisible and still sitting there...kinda dumb, but ok. He could have been transported somewhere...no problems with that concept, except "why?". He could have been completely vaporized/melted/disintegrated...fine idea again, but if the writers wanted us to believe he was dead, why not show the body?

How about this crazy idea? The beam from obelisk back on the Faith planet was the same color as the light above the chair. Maybe Franklin transported there, and now he and Dr. Cain are running hand-in-hand thru those forests and fields together. (I'm not really suggesting such a stupid idea, btw). :rolleyes:

Morganrone93
May 14th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I already said my point in a few pages back, with pictures, the floor are giving the clues, I cant see why everyone seem to be ignoring it, sure, the handcuffs and the brain thing is still in the "active" postitions, but does that really mean anything? Id rather see that Franklin did transport himself via the floor to some kind of a stasis chamber or something for selfpreservation, just like Oneill, did, he might even had remembered that and saw a possible way out, the "cooling" was probably just a preperation to slowly make him colder and colder, or, just was a fancy effect, heck I dont know, we will probably get to know tonight, but, still, WHY integrated, absorbed, eaten?

Well, you know what, the main question is, WHY, for everyones idea.

HaMm3r
May 14th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I already said my point in a few pages back, with pictures, the floor are giving the clues, I cant see why everyone seem to be ignoring it, sure, the handcuffs and the brain thing is still in the "active" postitions, but does that really mean anything? Id rather see that Franklin did transport himself via the floor to some kind of a stasis chamber or something for selfpreservation, just like Oneill, did, he might even had remembered that and saw a possible way out, the "cooling" was probably just a preperation to slowly make him colder and colder, or, just was a fancy effect, heck I dont know, we will probably get to know tonight, but, still, WHY integrated, absorbed, eaten?

Well, you know what, the main question is, WHY, for everyones idea.

I remember reading your post now and looking at the pictures, but it made no sense at all. I see some arrow patterns pointing at the chair and some circular designs around the arrows. What exactly do you believe the pattern means? You never explained.

garhkal
May 15th, 2010, 04:59 AM
speculating is where so much of the fun comes in, isn't it? I too think he's now part of the ship's AI

I don't really see sacrifice as being barbaric, or that another race would see it as barbaric. If he's gone on to be part of the ship, is he really dead? Perhaps that's not seen as killing?

Plus the ancients minds were more advanced than ours, and they seemed to have a more utopian like society. perhaps to them they felt doing that was an honor..

Morganrone93
May 15th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I remember reading your post now and looking at the pictures, but it made no sense at all. I see some arrow patterns pointing at the chair and some circular designs around the arrows. What exactly do you believe the pattern means? You never explained.

The point is, why have markings on the floor around a chair, if they have no purpose, decoration? I dont think so, it was an exploration ship, not a crew carrier or anything, never was supposed to have a crew until later, so decorations and such things is completly pointless. I think either the chair can get lowered down the floor, thereso maybe transporting the one that is sitting in the chair somewhere, maybe, a stasis chamber? Teleportation?, they maybe didnt even have that tech by then but, who knows. All I ever said, the floor holds the clue, the salvation of this mystery.

Edit: I just watched the half of Pain, the markings on the floors seems to be decoration, how silly, doh, it was a screen when we saw the "cross" hallway with same looking markings on the floor.

Astrofighter
May 16th, 2010, 03:19 PM
They gave up looking for him in Pain.

dgh64
May 17th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Okay, a few things:

I don't like the absorbed/eaten by the ship idea. We've never seen Ancient tech do that. Yes, it can overload your mind with information and possibly kill you (like O'Neil with the "head suckers") but absorbing sounds more like something the Wraith would build.

The only transporter tech we've seen so far in the series was on the human-built ship that took Eli from Earth and dropped him off on Icarus. If the Blue Aliens had transporters that could work through Destiny's shields, then they would have taken the ship a long time ago. If Destiny had transporter tech (doubtful, but possible) then why would Franklin use it? The only places to go at the time were 1) Destiny, uh, he's already there, or 2) the Blue Alien ships, which aren't a very friendly place to be.

I think he Ascended. The device on Atlantis that almost ascended McKay took several days, but remember that Franklin sat in the chair months ago and has been catatonic since. So maybe the less advanced process has been working in his brain that whole time, and with all the information from countless galaxies Destiny has travelled through, it was enough knowledge to allow him to Ascend, even though the Ancients didn't know how when they first built Destiny.

The only trouble with this theory is that there are no clothes on the chair, but as an Ascended Being isn't it possible Franklin picked them up and... I don't know... "disappeared" them? Maybe he plans on re-taking human form (like Dr. Jackson did the times he Ascended) and he doesn't want to be naked (like Dr. Jackson was)?

So I think he Ascended, and then realized he was going to be naked, so he grabbed the clothes he had left behind and is on his way flying along a higher plane of existance back to Earth because he doesn't want to be stuck on Destiny. Or maybe he'll follow Destiny as an Ascended Being and help them out later.

Or maybe the writers will just forget about him, and leave his story line hanging there.

Astrofighter
May 18th, 2010, 01:55 AM
No....if everyone was pre-occupied with picking up their clothes then they would do it. In order to ascend you must release your burden...being occupied enough to pick up your clothes is not the sign of some one releasing their burden. The Alterans would not have come down and scooped him up, the only person that would (Oma) is now locked in a struggle for eternity with Anubis. They simply don't want to get involved in the lower plain, they might read about it in the Ascended newspaper but that is about it!

Also you left out one piece of transportation technology, Ring Platform. As it has been shown in pictures the chair is small enough that rings could have come down from the ceiling and zapped him away. Now as it has been stated only a portion of the ship is open and safe for the crew right now. Who is to say he was transported to one of those portions? Once their either to stay in his partial coma-like state or to go into stasis. We know that Atlantis had inter-ship transporters why not Destiny? Also we know that Rush has only scratched the surface of understanding what the ship can and can not do. I mean look back at Atlantis, in season 3 they found a group of Alterans and when they brought them back to Atlantis the Alterans activated a control in the floor next to the gate to take back control of the city. One in which no one from the expedition knew existed!

Also why would the Alterans build an ascend machine on the Destiny? The intention of the Destiny was to explore the universe and then allow the Alterans to go there and see it for themselves. They didn't need to build an ascend machine and then send it away from them...also a great deal of the Alterans were able to do it on their own. The machine on Atlantis was designed for just a few of the Alterans that needed "a kick in the pants" to get all the way there.

dgh64
May 18th, 2010, 06:13 AM
It wasn't intended as an ascend machine originally, but with all the information the ship has gathered over millions of years dumped into his head, maybe that's what happened to Franklin by accident.

Perhaps the writers simply made a mistake with the clothes thing... or they intentionally changed the rules, so now the clothes ascend with the person.

The ring platform was invented by the Goa'uld and Ori (independently, it seems) some time after Destiny launched, wasn't it? And doesn't it tend to take EVERYTHING inside (including the chair)? And again, regardless of what transportation tech you use, why would Franklin transport himself to an unexplored part of the ship where he'd be alone and cut off from all the food and water? If it wasn't him controlling it, then why would the ship do it to him?

Astrofighter
May 18th, 2010, 05:17 PM
I would say its safe to assume that ring transports were before the ori and the alterans parted ways. Not going to have an identical technology when two societies separate. Also, the Goa'uld stole the ring tech from the Alterans, they didn't build it themselves. This was proven by the ring platform in Antarctica. With losing of clothes, I don't see how the best excuse is the writers forgot...it has been cannon with every single person we have ever seen ascend since season 4 of SG1...think they just forgot all of a sudden? Nahh, also we have seen Alteran transporters more advanced than the old ring platform. We don't know when destiny was launched or where the Alterans were in their technology for certain. It is some time from arriving in the milky way to Atlantis leaving for Pegasus. Who is to say they were not on the scale closer to leaving to Pegasus than when they just arrived at the Milky Way. We don't know for certain where their transporter tech was at when the ship launched.

Also with the chair being able to ascend him...all the chair does is give information. The Alteran devices in the Milky Way gave all their knowledge and advanced the user physically. It was intended to do that, the Alterans never intended for anyone but themselves to use Destiny. They would not leave a device to help someone ascend, if that was the case then they would have simply all ascended and gone and explored the universe from the other plain of existence. Why even build the ship to begin with if they had that option?

My theory is that Franklin sent him self into stasis in another part of the ship. He knew the only way to save the ship was to use the machine, he cooled himself down so it wouldn't burn his brain then when he was near death sent himself into stasis hoping the crew will save him later. I have a feeling later in season 2 they will fix that part of the ship and find him.

HaMm3r
May 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I've given this subject careful consideration for several days and have finally concluded that Franklin transported himself to Las Vegas, Nevada in a parallel universe, where the effects of the chair made him so sick he vomited and had nosebleeds until a rogue wraith living next door killed him. So yes, he's dead.

Egle01
May 24th, 2010, 01:50 AM
They gave up looking for him in Pain.This thread is about "Sabotage" and all spoilers beyond that episode need to be spoiler tagged.

Stranded
May 24th, 2010, 04:23 AM
I've given this subject careful consideration for several days and have finally concluded that Franklin transported himself to Las Vegas, Nevada in a parallel universe, where the effects of the chair made him so sick he vomited and had nosebleeds until a rogue wraith living next door killed him. So yes, he's dead.

Haha, I'll have to watch that episode again. Was it the same actor? (Or someone that looks similar?)

HaMm3r
May 26th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Haha, I'll have to watch that episode again. Was it the same actor? (Or someone that looks similar?)

It was him, the same actor. Someone else on here pointed that out, in another thread someplace, and I couldn't help but watch Vegas again myself.

Darkwander
June 6th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I personally think he's concious was uploaded to the ship as a forum of AI.

In Incursion Part 1 you see the ships power flucutating and a member of the Alience killed by what i am guessing is a forum of radation. Makes you wonder if that was franklin knowing the ship is under attack from the allience and killing one of them. Afterall it only killed the Allience member and if it was just a case of timing, it was bloody good timing that an allience member was just happened to be under it when the shield played up.

Stranded
June 7th, 2010, 09:51 PM
@Darkwander: The show seems to imply that the unlocking device he's using is causing the fluctuations, based on what I saw. Though I've only seen the episode once so I may be mistaken.

Darkwander
June 8th, 2010, 11:50 AM
@Darkwander: The show seems to imply that the unlocking device he's using is causing the fluctuations, based on what I saw. Though I've only seen the episode once so I may be mistaken.

Actually i have watched the episode again..

I still believe that Franklin is AI

As for the problems with the power, shields and alike, i believe that is because the Alience dialed in and the planet blew up after they had come though, i believe the reason why the ship is having problems is because of an energy feedback that came though the stargate when the planet exploded.

Stranded
June 9th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I just realised that we're posting in a "Sabotage" thread so I've spoiler'd my post. You may want to add spoilers to the part where you quoted me.

- Stranded

rushy
July 3rd, 2010, 02:23 AM
Do you remember Quest, Part 2? Merlin downloaded his mind into the Repository? Well, Franklin did the same thing and his body was vaporized. However, he didn't want to go out for some reason, probably to continue assisting the crew by controlling Destiny so he froze the room to get Rush and Young out of the way. The binay pulsar is probably Franklin's attempt to kill the Lucian Alliance. If that's true and he's risking everybody's life then something from him being an idiot survived in him.

dacooker
October 5th, 2010, 06:26 PM

booya ascended

jelgate
October 5th, 2010, 06:33 PM
booya ascended

Thier is nothing to prove that

TheHomegaMan
October 5th, 2010, 07:40 PM
booya ascended

You see, this is why I wish they hadn't turned ascension into a total joke in the latter years of SG-1. It's the reward for a lifetime of dedication to the pursuit of enlightenment, not a generic excuse for the return of a character.

Franklin did not ascend. Prove me wrong.

Pharaoh Atem
October 5th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Y
Franklin did not ascend. Prove me wrong.

your right.