PDA

View Full Version : Life vs. Sabotage

major davis
May 7th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Ok. Im curious which you think was better and why. Both had stone stories that touched on issues related to stone use.

Personally I actually enjoyed life. It wasn't my favourite of the season, but it was good. Sabotage on the other hand..... not so much. Unfortunately, despite SGU's awesomeness, Sabotage was a let down and I believe it was the weakest of the season so far. Which is disappointing because SGU has turned out many quality episodes, minus a dud or two IMO. I might feel differently about sabotage on the rewatch, but the first time around it was not remotely enjoyable. :(

I was wondering how others felt. Which episode do you like more?

Coronach
May 7th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Hmmm, I'm a bit more partial to Life in this context because it was the first time we got to see the really strong relationship between Wray and Sharon. Additionally, Life was focused pretty much solely on character relationships, whereas Sabotage had a more primary story going on.

I enjoyed them both for different reasons, but I guess I'd have to rate Life before Sabotage if I had to choose. But it's very close for me. :)

major davis
May 7th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Hmmm, I'm a bit more partial to Life in this context because it was the first time we got to see the really strong relationship between Wray and Sharon. Additionally, Life was focused pretty much solely on character relationships, whereas Sabotage had a more primary story going on.

I enjoyed them both for different reasons, but I guess I'd have to rate Life before Sabotage if I had to choose. But it's very close for me. :)

I agree. Though im not the greatest fan of Camille/Sharon the way they worked into this episode was just a bit... I dont know..... off. In life it felt more genuine and believeable.

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Ok. Im curious which you think was better and why. Both had stone stories that touched on issues related to stone use.

Personally I actually enjoyed life. It wasn't my favourite of the season, but it was good. Sabotage on the other hand..... not so much. Unfortunately, despite SGU's awesomeness, Sabotage was a let down and I believe it was the weakest of the season so far. Which is disappointing because SGU has turned out many quality episodes, minus a dud or two IMO. I might feel differently about sabotage on the rewatch, but the first time around it was not remotely enjoyable. :(

I was wondering how others felt. Which episode do you like more?

Hands down, I love "Sabotage" more than "Life." "Life" was the worst episode to date, in my mind. I enjoy, appreciate, and look forward to character development. But I also like to see this done in an artful way, balancing within the story. "Life" felt almost like the major storyline was put to the side. We took a time-out. This episode didn't do that nearly as much. The whole thing was just a good, tight story that managed to encompass my favorite aspects of SGU. I may be biased, though, as this episode has a lot of Rush character development, whereas he was mostly a footnote in "Life."

Briangate78
May 7th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Simple..

Life sucked the life out of me

Sabotage had me on the edge of my seat.

As per rating the eps.

Life = 5/10
Sabotage = 9.5/10

Pharaoh Atem
May 7th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Simple..

As per rating the eps.

Life = 5/10
Sabotage = 9.5/10

the only reason i view this thread.

LIFE and brains comment

major davis
May 7th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hands down, I love "Sabotage" more than "Life." "Life" was the worst episode to date, in my mind. I enjoy, appreciate, and look forward to character development. But I also like to see this done in an artful way, balancing within the story. "Life" felt almost like the major storyline was put to the side. We took a time-out. This episode didn't do that nearly as much. The whole thing was just a good, tight story that managed to encompass my favorite aspects of SGU. I may be biased, though, as this episode has a lot of Rush character development, whereas he was mostly a footnote in "Life."

Rush and Perry were by far the highlight of this episode hands down. Camille/Sharon got little screen time and no development. We get it that they are madly in love and care for each other. We knew that and didn't need a reminder of that. That time could have been used for the battle at the end.

Daro
May 7th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Rush and Perry were by far the highlight of this episode hands down. Camille/Sharon got little screen time and no development. We get it that they are madly in love and care for each other. We knew that and didn't need a reminder of that. That time could have been used for the battle at the end.

Agreed. Though I think their scenes were geared more towards showing how Wray was coping with being a quadrapalegic. Perry's story was much more enjoyable by far, though. I liked the scene where the stones got knocked out and Rush catches Perry as she falls, but Wray is back for a moment and sounds really offended that she and Nicholas are lying in the floor together. XD

erotavlas
May 7th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Sabotage all the way....had me on the edge of my seat especially the part involving Franklin. Plus I like the Rush and Perry interaction, it was well done.

EllieVee
May 7th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Agreed. Though I think their scenes were geared more towards showing how Wray was coping with being a quadrapalegic. Perry's story was much more enjoyable by far, though. I liked the scene where the stones got knocked out and Rush catches Perry as she falls, but Wray is back for a moment and sounds really offended that she and Nicholas are lying in the floor together. XD

Yeah, he should have just let her drop to the floor. Wray is such a cow sometimes.

Spimman
May 7th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Is this really a thread...

Sabotage hands down...

Orion Antreas
May 7th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I ain't gonna get into it, but Sabotage hands down.

jelgate
May 7th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Life. To be different and to aggrevate Brian:P

Orion Antreas
May 7th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Life. To be different and to aggrevate Brian:P

You get a lot of enjoyment out of that, don't you? Haha.

Pharaoh Atem
May 7th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Is this really a thread...

yes anytime the ioa girl goes back to earth we're going to compare the lesbian action. don't you know the young male members of fandom yet :P ;)

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 09:12 PM
I liked both. Equally.

major davis
May 7th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Haha. Wow thanks PA. This was a legit question. I thought both raised issues with the stones.

Young beating telford and stuff with wife

Camille and quadropledric stuff.

Both had stone stories plus important stories on the ship. I was curious about which one was more liked. Isn't that what the forums here for, to ask questions? ;)

Shan Bruce Lee
May 7th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Simple..

As per rating the eps.

Life = 5/10
Sabotage = 9.5/10

Is anybody surprised by this? Anybody?

Pharaoh Atem
May 7th, 2010, 09:24 PM

no but brian is entitled to his opinion

jelgate
May 7th, 2010, 09:27 PM

No he's not. This is Brian we are talking about:P

EllieVee
May 7th, 2010, 09:28 PM

Yeah, since when is Brian allowed to have an opinion around here?

jelgate
May 7th, 2010, 09:31 PM

since 2-12-10

globex
May 7th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Again with life? Dear me, that episode was beyond bad. That and faith were so bad I felt like giving up on stargate. If you people love life so much don't call yourself sci-fi fans, because, in reality that's like an episode from days of our lives.

jelgate
May 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Again with life? Dear me, that episode was beyond bad. That and faith were so bad I felt like giving up on stargate. If you people love life so much don't call yourself sci-fi fans, because, in reality that's like an episode from days of our lives.

And what gave you the authority to define what is scifi and what isn't

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 09:53 PM

So you're saying that if we liked those two episodes, and even if we liked the other fourteen episodes of SGU, we'd be not sci-fi fans anymore?

Wow, gee thanks mister.

EllieVee
May 7th, 2010, 10:01 PM
So you're saying that if we liked those two episodes, and even if we liked the other fourteen episodes of SGU, we'd be not sci-fi fans anymore?

Wow, gee thanks mister.

Which was the thread where we posted our sci-fi credentials?

Paladine
May 7th, 2010, 10:04 PM
I loved how Camille was getting HER body used by a woman wanting to have sex with a man. That was classic revenge for how she used that girls body in life to have lesbian sex.

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I loved how Camille was getting HER body used by a woman wanting to have sex with a man. That was classic revenge for how she used that girls body in life to have lesbian sex.

Even though we never saw Camille do the deed with Sharon (I personally didn't think there was sex involved), we didn't see Perry do the nasty with anyone, and they sign contracts to the effect of their bodies are able to be used for marital visits...

Paladine
May 7th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Even though we never saw Camille do the deed with Sharon (I personally didn't think there was sex involved), we didn't see Perry do the nasty with anyone, and they sign contracts to the effect of their bodies are able to be used for marital visits...

You don't understand though. A lesbian getting her body used by a woman having sex with a man is just so ironic. It was a bold move because alot of people complained when LOST aired and Wray used that girls body to have sex with her girlfriend. I just applaud the writers for doing that.

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 10:23 PM
You don't understand though. A lesbian getting her body used by a woman having sex with a man is just so ironic. It was a bold move because alot of people complained when Life aired and Wray used that girls body to have sex with her girlfriend. I just applaud the writers for doing that.

True. I think. I'll concede. Maybe.

jelgate
May 7th, 2010, 10:28 PM

That never happened

Paladine
May 7th, 2010, 10:33 PM
All we saw was some kissing, but its tv. They don't show the actual sex. It's still ironic and a bold move on the writers part. I'm betting lesbian viewers of this show got a bit offended seeing Wrays body used that way just like straight viewers got offended during life.

Just interesting is all I'm saying.

EllieVee
May 7th, 2010, 10:35 PM
You don't understand though. A lesbian getting her body used by a woman having sex with a man is just so ironic. It was a bold move because alot of people complained when LOST aired and Wray used that girls body to have sex with her girlfriend. I just applaud the writers for doing that.

I don't recall any sex scene between Wray and her girlfriend in that episode.

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 10:35 PM
All we saw was some kissing, but its tv. They don't show the actual sex. It's still ironic and a bold move on the writers part. I'm betting lesbian viewers of this show got a bit offended seeing Wrays body used that way just like straight viewers got offended during life.

Straight viewer here, didn't get offended. Stop generalising.

jelgate
May 7th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Just interesting is all I'm saying.
They have shown sex scenes before. If they wanted to have Wray and Sharon do sex they would have shown something less vague then. Especially given how weird Wray said she was in this other body. Thier is nothing to indicate a lesiben sex scene

Paladine
May 7th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Whos generalising? Did you read the forums here after Life aired? There was alot of talk about it. Even friends who saw the episode in my area commented on it. No one knew that girls sexual orientation in life so it was controversial. What if she had been against something like that happening?

As to the girl signing a contract to let Wray use her body anyway she wants, well I bet Wray never signed any contract to keep her body from being used to have sex with a man. Thats irony!! I don't know any lesbians who wouldn't be greatly offended by having their body used to have sex with a man.

Anyway this is all just discussion. Its just interesting turn of events.

Edit: I haven't seen Life in a while, but wasn't there a shower scene with Wray and her girlfriend? And a bunch of kissing in there? Your all just assuming they didn't do anything after all? They were all over eachother.

MattSilver 3k
May 7th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Edit: I haven't seen Life in a while, but wasn't there a shower scene with Wray and her girlfriend? And a bunch of kissing in there? Your all just assuming they didn't do anything after all? They were all over eachother.

Wray had a shower, got dressed and they snuggled in bed, fully clothed. Followed by dinner.

EllieVee
May 8th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Whos generalising? Did you read the forums here after Life aired? There was alot of talk about it. Even friends who saw the episode in my area commented on it. No one knew that girls sexual orientation in life so it was controversial. What if she had been against something like that happening?

You're generalising. Yes, some of narrow mind were offended, I believe, but I found that the majority were offended by the narrow minded rather than anything else. Plus, there wasn't a sex scene in Life.

As to the girl signing a contract to let Wray use her body anyway she wants, well I bet Wray never signed any contract to keep her body from being used to have sex with a man. Thats irony!! I don't know any lesbians who wouldn't be greatly offended by having their body used to have sex with a man.

My understanding from the spoilers was that this didn't happen so I'm wondering if you have actually watched an episode of SGU at all.

Anyway this is all just discussion. Its just interesting turn of events.

Is it? I find the whole show interesting myself and have done from the beginning. I can understand how a minority may be interested in one of the characters being a lesbian. I suppose. A bit.

I don't think you were watching SGU then. Probably some other show.

garhkal
May 8th, 2010, 04:32 AM

I was hoping that Ms Perry was either an old flame or a poss new love interest. BUT i can now see why rush is the way he is. he is too devoted to his work, like he was to his wife..

Yeah, he should have just let her drop to the floor. Wray is such a cow sometimes.

I can actually forgive her for that, as she had no way to know what went on to make them be in that position.

It was kind of poetic justice... had rush actually given in and done the dirty with perry. BUT alas it was not to be.

and they sign contracts to the effect of their bodies are able to be used for marital visits...

We still don't know that. And again they missed out on a great opportunity to show what the people all agree too with the stones.

major davis
May 8th, 2010, 06:23 AM

I disagree. Faith was one of my favourite SGU episodes and while I wasn't a big fan of life, it hasn't been the worst episode yet, as there were many good aspects of the episode.

A lot of people treat Life as if it was the worst thing since Public Roman latrines, thats not the case.

Additional flaw in your argument: You say we can't be sci fans and like those two episodes cause they are soapish. Even if they were from days of our lives why can't I sci fi fan watch and enjoy drama/soaps?

Life had good aspects that made up for the bad parts. Sabotage was one notch away from officially sucking butt by the montage saved it from that.

Ser Scot A Ellison
May 8th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I prefer Sabotage to Life. LIfe wasn't horrible but I did find it slow. I concur with others who state sabotage had them on the edge of their seats. Life lacked that element.

I thought Dr. Perry's disability was deftly handled. I also like the way her attraction to Dr. Rush was dealt with. It was too soon after re-experiencing his wife's death to do that with anyone.

Briangate78
May 8th, 2010, 09:15 AM

What that I liked an episode better than the other or was it clearly that Sabatoge was a much better episode than Life? :confused:

I am? SWEET!!! :p

You are just jealous because I'm the prettier child.

I don't have opinions, because whatever I say is right, even when I am wrong. :p

jelgate
May 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I don't have opinions, because whatever I say is right, even when I am wrong. :p

Linda, is that you?

Briangate78
May 8th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Linda, is that you?

Where is Linda? Have not seen her on as of late. :S

LoneStar1836
May 8th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Easily Sabotage...even though I thought I was going to end up hating this one after all the talk way back after info was put out there about it.

Was Life the one with Scott and his ex girlfriend and the kid? I know I didn't like that one because it was soooo boring. And if it wasn't I still don't like Life whatever it was about as pretty much everything in the second half of the season has been better than most of the stuff in the first half.

Briangate78
May 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Easily Sabotage...even though I thought I was going to end up hating this one after all the talk way back after info was put out there about it.

Was Life the one with Scott and his ex girlfriend and the kid? I know I didn't like that one because it was soooo boring. And if it wasn't I still don't like Life whatever it was about as pretty much everything in the second half of the season has been better than most of the stuff in the first half.

Yup and that is one of the main reasons I did not like "Life". There was too much soapy kinda drama and not enough plot. Where as Sabotage was very plot heavy and the character moments fit in and connected better. Life was just a mess of character drama thrown into a blender without any direction pretty much.

Commander Zelix
May 8th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Life was slow and soapish. Sabotage was badly written. A messy successions of plot contrivances and conveniences. It wasn't even good drama (which sometimes I like). The characterization was completely off. The writer must have been drunk or something on this one. A filler throw out there to fill the syfy full order of episodes.

globex
May 8th, 2010, 02:37 PM
And what gave you the authority to define what is scifi and what isn't

Yes because those episodes had no elements of any sci-fi elements what so ever. I have watched over 90 seasons of sci-fi and needless to say, those two weren't even close to what is called sci-fi.

Wow, gee thanks mister.

Those who liked those episodes are people who much prefer the soapy stuff. I for one was bored of sabotage. Sabotage was pure garbage. I could only watch 10 minutes of the show(which was the last 10 minutes) I completely lost interest after they used the stones to get back to earth. Those who enjoy soap opera prefer it because they wish to isolate themselves to fictional characters rather than worry about whats happening in their real lives.

Sabotage rating? 4/10. I will give it a 4 because of the 10 minutes. But its a shame that they let Eli and Co come back so early. The whole scene script felt rushed.

Life rating> 0/10- No comments about this episode.

globex
May 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Looking forward to pain. I hope that, that's actually decent. I am sick of soap stuff.

globex
May 8th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Life was slow and soapish. Sabotage was badly written. A messy successions of plot contrivances and conveniences. It wasn't even good drama (which sometimes I like). The characterization was completely off. The writer must have been drunk or something on this one. A filler throw out there to fill the syfy full order of episodes.

+1

jelgate
May 8th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Yes because those episodes had no elements of any sci-fi elements what so ever. I have watched over 90 seasons of sci-fi and needless to say, those two weren't even close to what is called sci-fi.

Those who liked those episodes are people who much prefer the soapy stuff. I for one was bored of sabotage. Sabotage was pure garbage. I could only watch 10 minutes of the show(which was the last 10 minutes) I completely lost interest after they used the stones to get back to earth. Those who enjoy soap opera prefer it because they wish to isolate themselves to fictional characters rather than worry about whats happening in their real lives.

Sabotage rating? 4/10. I will give it a 4 because of the 10 minutes. But its a shame that they let Eli and Co come back so early. The whole scene script felt rushed.

Life rating> 0/10- No comments about this episode.
:rolleyes:

You completely missed the point. Just because you dislike an episode does not mean an episode is not scifi. An episode that has a device that can send your mind halfway across the universe and device that directly downloads a huge amount of information into your brain is defiantly science fiction

Briangate78
May 9th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Looking forward to pain. I hope that, that's actually decent. I am sick of soap stuff.

Well the soapy stuff is there I agree, but I don't think it takes up much of the screen to have any large impact. Life it did take up the screen more than I wanted it to, and that is why Life is one of my all time least favorite Stargate eps. I am not even talking about the Wray and Sharon thing, it was the Scott and who is the father of that child.......oh I am, well I'll just have my military salary pay for child support............who the hell cares, you are billions of miles away on a space ship lets focus on that. See with Sabotage you only had the Wray and Sharon scene which was soapy yes, which is why I did not give this ep a 10/10. But the events on the Destiny were brilliant. You had a very strong plot and some good character moments that truly added to the plot. sorta like how Human was.

The whole Scott thing and Wray, and other drama stuff in Life just did not fit together and it was a mess. When Character drama drives the plot and/or adds to it, then you got yourself brilliant episode.

Life did not do that, and looking at GW's rating Darren agrees with me since he gave it only one star. :p

To the Pro-Life folks(ok not talking about abortion here, lol) sorry if you disagree, but if anyone's opinion should be respected it should be mine since I have been enjoying the rest of the show very much.

Egle01
May 9th, 2010, 08:44 AM
What exactly makes soapy stuff different from character drama?

Briangate78
May 9th, 2010, 08:47 AM
What exactly makes soapy stuff different from character drama?

Soap Opera focuses on relationships, who is sleeping with who, who is in love with who, love traingles, who is pregnant, who is the baby daddy, and etc. Believe it or not all the Stargates had those soapy moments.

Character drama is like friendship bonds, betrayal(Non-relationship), mutiny, genocide, homecide, suicide, character conflicts, conflict of authority, and etc

That is my interpretation between Soap and Drama.

Perfect examples..

Chloe and Scott - Soap
Young and Rush - Drama
Wray and Shanon - Soap
Scott and Ex - Soap
Greer and Scotts brotherhood - Drama

Edit to add: Don't get me wrong some soapy stuff is good if it adds to the episode/plot. A good example was Human and even Rush and Amanda in "Sabotage"

Character drama has more flexibility, but with Soap Opera drama it has to be done right or it turns out to be a mess.

Again, all my opinion. Hey at least I did not just say "Life sucked because it sucked" with no explanation :p

Egle01
May 9th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks for replying. There seems to be a fine line between soap and drama. I guess part of it is also matter of interpretation. Some things you see as soap is drama for me.

Lt. Jeffer
May 9th, 2010, 09:12 AM
definitely sabotage in my opinion is life the worst episode from SGU so far and everything is better than it

Replicator Todd
May 9th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Sabotage was nothing like Life IMO. Much more sci-fi...

carmencatalina
May 9th, 2010, 12:55 PM

Perfect examples..

Chloe and Scott - Soap
Young and Rush - Drama
Wray and Shanon - Soap
Scott and Ex - Soap

Hmm, all your examples of "drama" exclude women. So only interactions between men = drama?

Hey, if Young and Rush start kissing, you are going to have to expand your definitions . . .

jelgate
May 9th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Soap Opera focuses on relationships, who is sleeping with who, who is in love with who, love traingles, who is pregnant, who is the baby daddy, and etc. Believe it or not all the Stargates had those soapy moments.

Character drama is like friendship bonds, betrayal(Non-relationship), mutiny, genocide, homecide, suicide, character conflicts, conflict of authority, and etc

Perfect examples..

Chloe and Scott - Soap
Young and Rush - Drama
Wray and Shanon - Soap
Scott and Ex - Soap

Edit to add: Don't get me wrong some soapy stuff is good if it adds to the episode/plot. A good example was Human and even Rush and Amanda in "Sabotage"

Character drama has more flexibility, but with Soap Opera drama it has to be done right or it turns out to be a mess.

Again, all my opinion. Hey at least I did not just say "Life sucked because it sucked" with no explanation :p

Just pointing it out there. Those are all technically relationships. The term relationships refers to to who you relate and get along with other people. It doesn't end at romantic love. The problem is thier is a very blurry line between drama and soaps because they both focuse of the way character acts. Soap operas are more internal in stories while dramas are more external stories and how the charatcer acts. Also soaps have a way higher degree of melodrama then drama

EvilSpaceAlien
May 9th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I don't think I can choose. They were both great episodes.

Commander Zelix
May 9th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Sabotage was nothing like Life IMO. Much more sci-fi...
While I didn't like the episode. I think there was some sci-fi part to it. Even to Wray being rendered paraplegic. It was badly done tho.

Eternal Density
May 9th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I rate Sabotage over Life. Life wasn't such a good ep but I don't think it was awful either. Certainly had it's good moments, just not as much as most other eps. But the sum of the worst bits of SGU still beat the sum of the worst bits of... no, that's getting too far off topic, sorry.

Briangate78
May 9th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hmm, all your examples of "drama" exclude women. So only interactions between men = drama?

Hey, if Young and Rush start kissing, you are going to have to expand your definitions . . .

I was going to say that, But I did mention Wray and Sharon, right?

Just pointing it out there. Those are all technically relationships. The term relationships refers to to who you relate and get along with other people. It doesn't end at romantic love. The problem is thier is a very blurry line between drama and soaps because they both focuse of the way character acts. Soap operas are more internal in stories while dramas are more external stories and how the charatcer acts. Also soaps have a way higher degree of melodrama then drama

Well, I think to me what makes a difference between character drama and soap opera is how much focus and depth they put on the episode. With Rush and Amanda Perry it did not feel like soapy because it was just feelings they had for eachother, and her being able to use a body through Wray added drama to it. But it added to the plot and really did not get waaaaaaay too deep.

Same goes for Human, you had the drama between Rush and his Wife, and yeah it might have been soap opera-ish but it added a lot to the plot at hand. which was Rush trying to figure out the ship controls and Young hoping he succeeds so they can stop the FTL before it strands the party.

jelgate
May 9th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I was going to say that, But I did mention Wray and Sharon, right?

Well, I think to me what makes a difference between character drama and soap opera is how much focus and depth they put on the episode. With Rush and Amanda Perry it did not feel like soapy because it was just feelings they had for eachother, and her being able to use a body through Wray added drama to it. But it added to the plot and really did not get waaaaaaay too deep.

Same goes for Human, you had the drama between Rush and his Wife, and yeah it might have been soap opera-ish but it added a lot to the plot at hand. which was Rush trying to figure out the ship controls and Young hoping he succeeds so they can stop the FTL before it strands the party.

I'm in agreement. I did not find Human soapy. It was just Rush being sad about having to relive the death of his wife. I don't think that equates soapyness. Because drama by its nature will feature relationships and emotions between character. We can't have all of those being soap operas. I think the degree of those relationships determines the difference between soap opera and drama. Where in soap operas all storeis revolve around the characters and their interaction and dramas having more plots that are outside the characters

Loheat
May 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
I'l say Sabotage is worse due to wasted potential, especially since the teaser made it seem like something it wasnt.
Sabotage had a very good premise, one that worked well with Stargate in the past. The whole episode seemed to be building up to a payoff that just didnt happen. I expected there to be a little more jeopardy and suspense, instead of the sabotage conveniently fixing the problem, and Franklin conveniently saving the the day by sitting on his ass in the chair and freezing himself

nx01a
May 10th, 2010, 07:42 PM
'Life' is one of the worst SGU episodes. The stones again lead to soap opera antics.
'Sabotage' is an interesting look at far more meaningful aspects of body swapping... and was just far superior.

Rush NOT having sex with Wray's body [hmm] and calling into question the ethics of doing so... Brilliant.
Sharon caring for her lover trapped in another woman's crippled body... Beautiful.

Commander Zelix
May 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
'Life' is one of the worst SGU episodes. The stones again lead to soap opera antics.
'Sabotage' is an interesting look at far more meaningful aspects of body swapping... and was just far superior.

Rush NOT having sex with Wray's body [hmm] and calling into question the ethics of doing so...
He didn't call the ethics of doing so. He just said he couldn't do it since the memory of his wife was still fresh in his mind.

major davis
May 11th, 2010, 02:41 PM

Rush NOT having sex with Wray's body [hmm] and calling into question the ethics of doing so... Brilliant.
Sharon caring for her lover trapped in another woman's crippled body... Beautiful.

Its kinda weird imo that every is supprised that Sharon cares for Camille though she is inside a crippled body. It seems like people think that usually somebody wouldn't want their lover back even if in a crippled body and they act like its beautiful and extraordinary that Sharon still cares for Camille like that. I think its the opposite. If Sharon didn't treat Camille the way she did it would be supprising. Does anyone agree with me?

nx01a
May 11th, 2010, 03:38 PM
He didn't call the ethics of doing so. He just said he couldn't do it since the memory of his wife was still fresh in his mind.Was it Amanda then who tried to rationalize him having sex with her in Wray's body as 'It's me in here'?

PERRY: Nick, it's me.
RUSH: I think we both know it's a bit more complicated than that.
PERRY: The word is “insane”.

Its kinda weird imo that every is supprised that Sharon cares for Camille though she is inside a crippled body. It seems like people think that usually somebody wouldn't want their lover back even if in a crippled body and they act like its beautiful and extraordinary that Sharon still cares for Camille like that. I think its the opposite. If Sharon didn't treat Camille the way she did it would be supprising. Does anyone agree with me?I wasn't surprised by it in the least. Considering the love between them that we've seen before, it made sense but it was still very touching to see. TPTB could have been very '1/2 half of the season forced drama' and had Sharon not handle it very well, but she pulled through nicely.

EllieVee
May 11th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Its kinda weird imo that every is supprised that Sharon cares for Camille though she is inside a crippled body. It seems like people think that usually somebody wouldn't want their lover back even if in a crippled body and they act like its beautiful and extraordinary that Sharon still cares for Camille like that. I think its the opposite. If Sharon didn't treat Camille the way she did it would be supprising. Does anyone agree with me?

Who has expressed surprise?

Coronach
May 11th, 2010, 05:28 PM

As others have said, "Life" established for me that there is no reason to be surprised that Sharon still cares for her. It's not necessarily extraordinary (though I will say, trying to wrap your mind around a body-swap would be pretty interesting), but it is most certainly beautiful. Love really just is beautiful, at least imo. :P