Life vs. Sabotage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life vs. Sabotage

Ok. Im curious which you think was better and why. Both had stone stories that touched on issues related to stone use.

Personally I actually enjoyed life. It wasn't my favourite of the season, but it was good. Sabotage on the other hand..... not so much. Unfortunately, despite SGU's awesomeness, Sabotage was a let down and I believe it was the weakest of the season so far. Which is disappointing because SGU has turned out many quality episodes, minus a dud or two IMO. I might feel differently about sabotage on the rewatch, but the first time around it was not remotely enjoyable.

I was wondering how others felt. Which episode do you like more?
    sigpic

Hmmm, I'm a bit more partial to Life in this context because it was the first time we got to see the really strong relationship between Wray and Sharon. Additionally, Life was focused pretty much solely on character relationships, whereas Sabotage had a more primary story going on.

I enjoyed them both for different reasons, but I guess I'd have to rate Life before Sabotage if I had to choose. But it's very close for me.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      Hmmm, I'm a bit more partial to Life in this context because it was the first time we got to see the really strong relationship between Wray and Sharon. Additionally, Life was focused pretty much solely on character relationships, whereas Sabotage had a more primary story going on.

I enjoyed them both for different reasons, but I guess I'd have to rate Life before Sabotage if I had to choose. But it's very close for me.
      I agree. Though im not the greatest fan of Camille/Sharon the way they worked into this episode was just a bit... I dont know..... off. In life it felt more genuine and believeable.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        Ok. Im curious which you think was better and why. Both had stone stories that touched on issues related to stone use.

Personally I actually enjoyed life. It wasn't my favourite of the season, but it was good. Sabotage on the other hand..... not so much. Unfortunately, despite SGU's awesomeness, Sabotage was a let down and I believe it was the weakest of the season so far. Which is disappointing because SGU has turned out many quality episodes, minus a dud or two IMO. I might feel differently about sabotage on the rewatch, but the first time around it was not remotely enjoyable.

I was wondering how others felt. Which episode do you like more?
        Hands down, I love "Sabotage" more than "Life." "Life" was the worst episode to date, in my mind. I enjoy, appreciate, and look forward to character development. But I also like to see this done in an artful way, balancing within the story. "Life" felt almost like the major storyline was put to the side. We took a time-out. This episode didn't do that nearly as much. The whole thing was just a good, tight story that managed to encompass my favorite aspects of SGU. I may be biased, though, as this episode has a lot of Rush character development, whereas he was mostly a footnote in "Life."

Comment

Simple..

Life sucked the life out of me

Sabotage had me on the edge of my seat.

As per rating the eps.

Life = 5/10
          Sabotage = 9.5/10
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Simple..

Life sucked the life out of me

Sabotage had me on the edge of my seat.

As per rating the eps.

Life = 5/10
            Sabotage = 9.5/10
            the only reason i view this thread.

LIFE and brains comment
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
              Hands down, I love "Sabotage" more than "Life." "Life" was the worst episode to date, in my mind. I enjoy, appreciate, and look forward to character development. But I also like to see this done in an artful way, balancing within the story. "Life" felt almost like the major storyline was put to the side. We took a time-out. This episode didn't do that nearly as much. The whole thing was just a good, tight story that managed to encompass my favorite aspects of SGU. I may be biased, though, as this episode has a lot of Rush character development, whereas he was mostly a footnote in "Life."
              Rush and Perry were by far the highlight of this episode hands down. Camille/Sharon got little screen time and no development. We get it that they are madly in love and care for each other. We knew that and didn't need a reminder of that. That time could have been used for the battle at the end.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                Rush and Perry were by far the highlight of this episode hands down. Camille/Sharon got little screen time and no development. We get it that they are madly in love and care for each other. We knew that and didn't need a reminder of that. That time could have been used for the battle at the end.
                Agreed. Though I think their scenes were geared more towards showing how Wray was coping with being a quadrapalegic. Perry's story was much more enjoyable by far, though. I liked the scene where the stones got knocked out and Rush catches Perry as she falls, but Wray is back for a moment and sounds really offended that she and Nicholas are lying in the floor together. XD

Comment

Sabotage all the way....had me on the edge of my seat especially the part involving Franklin. Plus I like the Rush and Perry interaction, it was well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                    Agreed. Though I think their scenes were geared more towards showing how Wray was coping with being a quadrapalegic. Perry's story was much more enjoyable by far, though. I liked the scene where the stones got knocked out and Rush catches Perry as she falls, but Wray is back for a moment and sounds really offended that she and Nicholas are lying in the floor together. XD
                    Yeah, he should have just let her drop to the floor. Wray is such a cow sometimes.

Comment

Is this really a thread...

Sabotage hands down...
                      sigpic

Comment

I ain't gonna get into it, but Sabotage hands down.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Life. To be different and to aggrevate Brian
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Life. To be different and to aggrevate Brian
                            You get a lot of enjoyment out of that, don't you? Haha.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              Is this really a thread...

yes anytime the ioa girl goes back to earth we're going to compare the lesbian action. don't you know the young male members of fandom yet
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X