Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. fans only: MGM contest to visit SGU set

Attention All Stargate Fans
    Enter now for a chance to win* a trip to Vancouver, Canada and visit the Stargate Universe set!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. To enter, click the link below between 4/6/10 and 6/6/10 and complete and submit the on-line entry form. Limit one entry per person. Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the U.S., 18 years and older. Void where prohibited by law. Click to read Official Rules.

Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.

To Enter
    http://stargate.mgm.com/sweeps

I entered but I never win this type of stuff

Comment

I think I already entered. It's hard to recall. but yeah, never win these things.

Comment

yaya for me living in the US
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yay for another US Only contest!

Comment

It's probably because of airfare. They don't want to have to pay for fare from South Africa or someplace far away like that.
            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

That would make sence if they didnt exclude Canada which is in the same country as where its filmed

Comment

Well, then maybe it has to do with some weird international law or something. I'm just trying to throw out ideas.
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                  Well, then maybe it has to do with some weird international law or something. I'm just trying to throw out ideas.
                  It quite expensive for companies in terms of legality to expand beyond thier base country. MGM being an American company
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

So they're not totally bankrupt then
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                      So they're not totally bankrupt then
                      Contests are aimed to make money not lose money. And a contest for a one of their projects isn't that expensive MGM
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        It quite expensive for companies in terms of legality to expand beyond thier base country. MGM being an American company
                        ...which already deals with all the legal wrangling of having the show filmed in Canada.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          ...which already deals with all the legal wrangling of having the show filmed in Canada.
                          Not true. Filming in a foriegn country is quite easy but all the legalities of several countries airing the show makes it difficult to expand a contest to many countries.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                          X