This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poseidon

Poseidon was the god of Atlantis , So hell they have a good opportunity to include a Goa'uld. It would be neat if he had infested the body of a wraith.
    The Egyptian Cat God .

thats a thought it would be interesting, though perhaps poseidon was the high lord of the anciants or something like that

Comment

I'd rather see the introduction of a new species who took on the persona of other Gods. We have the Asgard which did the germanic gods and the the Gou'ld took on the persona of various gods from different cultures, and those "giant alien" god(s) in "Crystal Skull" that took on the persona of the Mayan god(s). >>Note: I want them to revisit those giant aliens!<<
      Anyway, I'd rather have a new species, especial aquadic, such as the alien in the episode, "Fire and Water". >>Note: I want them to revisit these aliens aswell<< These aquadic species would be prefect for a posidion god.

Comment

Originally posted by Odens återkomst
        These aquadic species would be prefect for a posidion god.

i can see the logic in that idea

Comment

the ancients definetly played a role in roman (or greek, I can't remember) mythology. They were, as Daniel said, the Ancients, the builder's of roads.....plus, the thing where the repository in TLC was looked like zeus or someone on their throne.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
            the ancients definetly played a role in roman (or greek, I can't remember) mythology. They were, as Daniel said, the Ancients, the builder's of roads.....plus, the thing where the repository in TLC was looked like zeus or someone on their throne.
            It was roman. Because the ancients language was a derivation of latin (or vice-versa), and yes, Daniel said the ancients were the "road" builders and the Romans learned to build "roads" from the "ancient ones". (Roads, I guess interchangable for Stargate Network)

The Roman Gods were basically the Greek gods with different names. If they have Poseidon as an ancient, then the name should be Neptune (Roman version of the Greek Poseidon).

Comment

I meant Jupiter ::cough::
              sigpic

Comment

Poseidon (neptune) I am all for him being a character.
                The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Honestly, I think if they do the gods thing again, it won't be quite right. It'd seem like someone is copying someone... although I suppose the Goa'uld already stole anything... copying an idea wouldn't be much more.
                  Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Well, since Roman civilization was so influenced by the Ancients, It's possible that the 'gods' were just their leaders. Jupiter being the chief of some kind of council. In any case, they would have all ascended or died. Either case, we probably won't meet them. The ascendeds don't like us for some reason.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought Aquaman was King of Atlantis.
                      How could they leave me out?

Comment

Originally posted by Odens återkomst
                        Anyway, I'd rather have a new species, especial aquadic, such as the alien in the episode, "Fire and Water". >>Note: I want them to revisit these aliens aswell<< These aquadic species would be prefect for a posidion god.

If I remember my mythology correctly, the aquatic species from Fire & Water were the Oannes (sp) from Sumerian mythology, who were meant to be fish-men that came out of the sea. I cant recall much else about them but I just remember reading about them in a book and then I think Daniel mentions something about it during the episode? Anyway, itd be cool to have an aquatic species like that and some kind of aquatic god
                        As above, so below

Comment

I think the "aliens impersonating gods" plot device has run it's course in SG-1. What would be interesting though, is if the ancient gods of Rome were actually commanders or leaders of the Ancients.

It could work in Stargate: Atlantis, if given the chance. Any thoughts?
                          "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

*coughs himself into conversation*

Local Mythologist.

Okay. Poseidon is a Greek God. As seen in the show, the Titan Cronus of Mythology was actually the Goa'uld Cronus. Ra has enough evidence to prove that he was viewed by the Greek civilization the Greek God Zeus. Therefore, Poseidon cannot actually be another race of aliens as the Goa'uld PERFECTLY fit the description of the Greek Gods. They were harsh, god-like (in words of Homer; Achilles was god-like until he forgave Hektor and allowed his father to bury him) and loved to toy with men.

Comment

No, what they should do is send the Atlantis team out exploring the planet htey're on on a big cruise ship that gets flipped over in a freak storm, and then they have to find there way out through the hull. The name of the ship? Poseidon.

The Man

Comment

Working...
                              X