I hope this will bring some tension to the Greer-Scott bromance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this will bring some tension to the Greer-Scott bromance

Not only because that would satisfy me personally(because Evil Swedish Alien supports it), but because it would bring more depth to Greer. I like the guy a lot, but Lost didn't really do much for him as a character, despite my high expectations(damn writers refuse to do as I say!). The flashbacks were connected to the moment he was in, sure, but they didn't really shed too much light on the character. Yes, he has daddy issues. And that's about it.

Also, I hope Greer beats Eli with a kino over the head. He was reluctant to leave for like 3 seconds, then he was immediately like "Let's go already. He's dead!" Some friend.

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
    [...]
    Also, I hope Greer beats Eli with a kino over the head. He was reluctant to leave for like 3 seconds, then he was immediately like "Let's go already. He's dead!" Some friend.
    Well, if they had listened to him they'd be on Destiny right now instead of just barely missing it. Besides, if Greer was really dead he (figuratively) would have wanted them to get back. "Move your asses! "
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

If they had stayed put they would be on the ship.
      And yeah, IF he were dead. But they stayed there for a few minutes, trying to see if he was okay. And when the radio didn't work, they just assumed he was dead? How about the possibility that the radio got busted up? How about they actually try and remove some of the rubble? Hell, if Greer managed to dig himself out, how hard would it have been? They gave up way too easily. If I were Greer, I'd be pissed.

Comment

I think it's telling that he had that subconscious exchange with his father too - he was effectively talking to himself, so why would he need to convince himself that they did the right thing by leaving him if he honestly believed it?
        sigpic

Comment

Yep.

Comment

I like the guy a lot, but Lost didn't really do much for him as a character, despite my high expectations(damn writers refuse to do as I say!)
            Sorry, Red, but if you were expecting another Human for Greer, I don't know, that just seems a little too hopeful. Most of the spoilers were about Greer because they were casting calls for his mother, his father and the crazed guy at the hospital - hence the background info being all about Greer. Besides, his little backstory thing in this episode is about as much focus as Scott's in Air 3 or TJ's in Faith. Nothing monumental, but still good. I too hope for a BIGGER Greer episode one day, though.

Besides, the guy's well ahead of Ford by now.

Onto the topic, I will note that I think Greer will just be happy to see Scott alive, and vice versa. The bromance will remain strong, sorry Red.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Sorry, Red, but if you were expecting another Human for Greer, I don't know, that just seems a little too hopeful. Most of the spoilers were about Greer because they were casting calls for his mother, his father and the crazed guy at the hospital - hence the background info being all about Greer. Besides, his little backstory thing in this episode is about as much focus as Scott's in Air 3 or TJ's in Faith. Nothing monumental, but still good. I too hope for a BIGGER Greer episode one day, though.

Besides, the guy's well ahead of Ford by now.

Onto the topic, I will note that I think Greer will just be happy to see Scott alive, and vice versa. The bromance will remain strong, sorry Red.
              You're way too positive for my taste this fine day, Matt.
              As for your comment about Human...I actually wasn't that impressed with the info gleamed from the dream/flashback. It really didn't add too much to Rush's character until the very last moment. And in terms of pure backstory, not insight into Rush's psyche, it really didn't add much. The superb acting is what made Human special.

I just want Greer to continue to develop on the ship. Clearly, his subconscious is not okay with what happened. Expanding on that would be far more intriguing than a flashback of his dad tearing down his little brick wall.

Comment

Ahh my dear Red Devil, you are missing the obvious symbolic meaning of the brick wall being torn down...

And if you find it, could you inform me?
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Well, let's see...a wall. Well, whatever it is, I bet it has something to do with those ******* Mongorians!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                    If they had stayed put they would be on the ship.
                    And yeah, IF he were dead. But they stayed there for a few minutes, trying to see if he was okay. And when the radio didn't work, they just assumed he was dead? How about the possibility that the radio got busted up? How about they actually try and remove some of the rubble? Hell, if Greer managed to dig himself out, how hard would it have been? They gave up way too easily. If I were Greer, I'd be pissed.
                    They did. It was severly destablizing the rubble. Its easy to say Scott made the wrong choice in hindsight. But what if he wasn't and their waiting had cost them back to Destiny. Waiting suddenly seems like a bad idea.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      They did. It was severly destablizing the rubble. Its easy to say Scott made the wrong choice in hindsight. But what if he wasn't and their waiting had cost them back to Destiny. Waiting suddenly seems like a bad idea.
                      I don't think he did the wrong thing by getting the people he knew were alive out of the collapsing tunnels, but I don't think he did the right thing by leaving the planet, regardless of Greer. Destiny knew where they were, so he would have to expect that if he had half a chance Young would send someone to look for them. Certainly a bigger chance than stumbling across Destiny in their blind gate-hopping.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                        I don't think he did the wrong thing by getting the people he knew were alive out of the collapsing tunnels, but I don't think he did the right thing by leaving the planet, regardless of Greer. Destiny knew where they were, so he would have to expect that if he had half a chance Young would send someone to look for them. Certainly a bigger chance than stumbling across Destiny in their blind gate-hopping.
                        And if Destiny was unable to reach them because it took too long because Scott said to stay put on the planet he would feel pretty dumb. Everything looks nicer in hindsight. It was a risk but so is banking on the Destiny will find them in time.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

they were so screwed. they could wait, hoping that destiny finds them, and they get back, or they could blow their one chance of getting back.

they could leave, get lost, and die. or find destiny and get home.

you see, both choices have the same pros and cons

Comment

I like Greer as a character but I wasn't looking forward to this episode. But it turns out much better than I thought. His flashbacks were quick and to the point and didn't deter our attention to the overall plot. All while we learn a bit more about Greer and can sympathize with him.
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Too true. He made a command choice to leave, and though in hind sight it was wrong (they are now the ones stranded) it seemed right at the time, otherwise all 4 could have been trapped.

Destiny knew where they were, so he would have to expect that if he had half a chance Young would send someone to look for them. Certainly a bigger chance than stumbling across Destiny in their blind gate-hopping.
                              That is the part i never understood. Surely Eli would have realised that rush would have figured out how to get back to that planet, and therefore would have a team out looking for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X