Horray, no Contemporary "Emo" music in this episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horray, no Contemporary "Emo" music in this episode

Yes it was classical and instrumental...

Contemporary = emo, now?
    Last edited by MattSilver 3k; 01 May 2010, 03:18 AM.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

doesn't matter what it is, it's always good NOT to hear it \o/
      One Ring to rule the Dark Side
      sigpic
      Sith Nazghul

Comment

I've loved the "emo" music used in the SGU episodes thus far. I doubt people complained as much when they used Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" in the last episode of SG-1. The Alexi Murdoch songs "Breath" and "All Of My Days" were excellent additions to the episodes they were used in and Flogging Molly's use at the beginning of "Life" was a neat and different way to start an episode. I hope they keep using contemporary music in episode soundtracks, the person (or people) selecting the songs have made wonderful selections so far.

Comment

I like the fact there wasn't an "emo" montage, too. Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
            Yes it was classical and instrumental...
            When has the music ever been "emo"? That said, I liked hearing just the instrumentals, though I really am enjoying the contemporary music they're using.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'll my kudos for no emo music! Those modern pop socks have no place on SGU. They seemed... forced and unnatural.

Comment

Thank God.

Comment

That's a good thing. Contemporary "Emo" music and the montage were kind of cheesy.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Bah, I'll take some contemporary guitar riff over the annoying screeching violin anyday. I know shes dying or whatever but Rush's wife really should practice more

Comment

I've not been a huge fan of the music in the episodes either. The writers are kind of shooting themselves in the foot with it, imo. The use of "modern" music on SGU really just puts it a step closer to the MTV shows a lot of people feared it would be. Maybe I'm just being jaded and thinking tptb are selling out for a little extra revenue from record companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Loheat View Post
                        Bah, I'll take some contemporary guitar riff over the annoying screeching violin anyday. I know shes dying or whatever but Rush's wife really should practice more
                        You realize that's how it's supposed to sound, right?
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I've really liked all the pop music used in SGU so far. Didn't feel at all forced in my opinion. Only piece of music I didn't like was when the song at the start of "Divided" went into its loud section. I liked the opening softer phrases though.

Comment

I don't like SGU's melodramatic contemporary music either.
                            sigpic

Comment

Agreed, the music they were using was terrible.

Who was all that music supposed to appeal to anyway? That's not going to get younger viewers interested in stargate, for having scifi theme on an alien ship with some flogging molly talk about what a terrible day it was since yesterday.

I am a flogging molly fan but when I heard that song at the beginning of that past episode, I actually turned the T.V. off I was so repulsed at the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X