Why the episode title HUMAN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the episode title HUMAN?

I admit that I haven't read all the other Forum posts and maybe I've missed something out there, but why do you think this episode was titled "Human?" The other episode titles have been pretty obvious, but this one isn't so clear to me. Is it that we're seeing the vulnerability of some characters and thus they're suddenly more human than previously presented? Or is it a chromosome reference? Maybe there was something in the episode I missed and I need to watch it again?
    sigpic

Originally posted by kansaikimono View Post
    I admit that I haven't read all the other Forum posts and maybe I've missed something out there, but why do you think this episode was titled "Human?" The other episode titles have been pretty obvious, but this one isn't so clear to me. Is it that we're seeing the vulnerability of some characters and thus they're suddenly more human than previously presented? Or is it a chromosome reference? Maybe there was something in the episode I missed and I need to watch it again?
    Well the most obvious example would be that it showed the "Human" side of Rush.

Comment

^ Agree with mighty 6 , the whole episode pretty much showed us that rush is " Human " after all .

Comment

Not to mention the whole human 23 base-pair 46 chromosome factor at the end of the episode

Combination of factors...boom the title appears
        Last edited by Serebii; 30 April 2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

So in conclusion, kansaikimono, you sort of answered your own question in your post.

Comment

But if the episode title is a reference to Rush, then what does that imply about the others on board? Are we supposed to believe that Rush is the only one who needs to be "humanized" for us so that we have sympathy for him?
            sigpic

Comment

Its to see if Rush is human or a emotionless robot

Honestly Rush has been depited as a cold logical man. Its to show Rush's more emotional side
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The episode was originally entitled "Lucid", which I actually think would have been a better title (referring, I think, to Rush's lucid dream state).
                sigpic
                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

All right. Here's something else to ponder (and I'll withhold my own opinions because I'm more interested in hearing what you all have to say).

"To err is human; to forgive divine."

Chloe is bothered that her relationship with Eli is suffering as a result of her participation in the recent, but unsuccessful coup. Does she believe that she has made a mistake and if so, what does she do to correct it?

Scott and the others are trapped below in the tunnel. He admits that he made a mistake in judgment.

Rush wrestles with his guilt at the way he treated his wife during his last days with her. Does he find forgiveness? Was his experience in the chair about more than just finding the code?
                  sigpic

Comment

Its PROBABLY the chromosome reference. Rush found out a clue to unlocking the Destiny's systems, 46. Which is the amount of chromosomes each Human possesses. (even though that's really common knowledge)

Comment

Yeah it's a play on the human chromosome which he finds out is the answer he was looking for as he spends time with his wife and she reminds him of his human side
                      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I think the title is ambiguous. In fact we've seen two separated and independent ideas of human during the episode:
                        1. We saw a very human side of Rush (and in some smaller scenes also from other figures), and
                        2. The human gene code as a hint to unlock the systems of Destiny.
                        Last edited by Artemis-Neith; 01 May 2010, 02:42 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Its to see if Rush is human or a emotionless robot

Honestly Rush has been depited as a cold logical man. Its to show Rush's more emotional side
                          Of COURSE Rush is human, after all if he was a Robot it would be to much.....wait for it......LIKE BSG.

Comment

It was originally titled "Lucid". I think that one made more sense to me.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

For someone who gets accused of being cold and logical, Rush has a deeply expressive face. Every emotion is there. Pragmatism and logic do not negate emotion.

Comment

Working...
                              X