Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCI FI, Sky One to air 90-minute 'Threads'?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCI FI, Sky One to air 90-minute 'Threads'?

The SCI FI Channel in the U.S. and Sky One in the U.K. have both made room on their schedules for the special 90-minute cut of "Threads," a highly-anticipated episode of Stargate SG-1.

SCI FI currently has a special 90-minute episode of Stargate SG-1 scheduled for Friday, March 11 at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific, followed by Stargate Atlantis at 9:30 p.m. (half an hour later than usual). Sky One has 90 minutes alloted for the episode on Tuesday, February 8, starting at 8:30 p.m. No new Atlantis episode will air in the U.K. that week.

Read the full story:
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...-minutet.shtml
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

First in to say yay!

Later,
    Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
      First in to say yay!

Later,
      Graculus
      I agree, sounds nice

Comment

Hip-hip-hooray. (3x)

Comment

After reading the Gateworld article, I realize I had Threads confused with Moebius, so my previous theories I offered about how to re-connect with Vala (and redeem her in the process) won't work. Ay caramba.

Later,
          Graculus

Comment

"Permission to cabbage-patch, sir?"
            "Granted."

YAY!!!

-IMF
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
              Hip-hip-hooray. (3x)
              It's 1 1/2 for the price of 1! What a bargain!

Later,
              Graculus

Comment

So if it is in fact the last episode to air before the 2-part season finale does that mean that Citizen Joe will air before Threads?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Awesome news! Thanks for the post Darren.

Question: In syndication, do you think that SciFi will release the 60 minute version? Do you also think that they will use the 60 minute version for re-runs aswell?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Great news thanks Darren it funny because I email Skyone and emailed back saying they won't be airing 90-min version.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                      So if it is in fact the last episode to air before the 2-part season finale does that mean that Citizen Joe will air before Threads?
                      I'd say it looks quite likely. One of TPTB has at one point mentioned Season Eight wrapping with a 5-episode arc, which would make sense to be "Reckoning" 1 and 2, "Threads," and "Moebius" 1 and 2. "Citizen Joe" would break it up.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                        Question: In syndication, do you think that SciFi will release the 60 minute version? Do you also think that they will use the 60 minute version for re-runs aswell?
                        I think they'll have to cut a 60-minute version for syndication and SCI FI stripped reruns. We may get the long version again as SCI FI does its standard Season Eight reruns, but by the time it reaches Stargate Monday I'd bet they'll go to the shorter cut.

Syndication is a whole other ballgame, but I can't imagine how they'd get away with the 90-minute version. It messes with the schedules for every single, individual broadcaster nationwide, and if I'm not mistakin' I believe each broadcaster gets to decide when and whether to show SG-1. It's not like they get a mandate from a higher power saying, "You have to adjust your schedule this week to air this show for 90 minutes."

Network affiliates are somewhat autonomous, and much moreso when it comes to syndicated (vs. network) programming.

Comment

Reserving the 90 minute version from syndication also makes a great "bonus feature" for DVD sales.

Later,
                          Graculus

Comment

Well, I for one am definitely glad that SCI FI, SKY ONE, and MGM were able to work out a deal that would allow fans to view the entire episode as it was meant to be, and not stripped down just to fill a 42-minute slot. The big question I guess that remains is how much of the episode will actually be the episode? With SG-1 and Atlantis, there is 18 minutes of commercials, leaving 42 minutes of actual airtime. So, will it be like 72 minutes? 70?
                            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

About 64-65 minutes of show, I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X