Something that occurred to me about the seeder ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something that occurred to me about the seeder ships

Would they not have their own 9 chevron addresses as 9 chevrons doesn't make an address its like a code

Also might one of the 9 chevron codes go to Atlantis? I imagine Earth has one (though that gate was destroyed)

just seems that a 7 or 8 chevron address is a point is space but 9 obviously refers to specific gates regardless of location.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Originally posted by Ed View Post
    Would they not have their own 9 chevron addresses as 9 chevrons doesn't make an address its like a code

Also might one of the 9 chevron codes go to Atlantis? I imagine Earth has one (though that gate was destroyed)

just seems that a 7 or 8 chevron address is a point is space but 9 obviously refers to specific gates regardless of location.
    You're assuming the seeder ships have their own stargate on board (not the ones they're making, a dedicated one for themselves).
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

If the Seeder ships have Stargates than a 9 chevron address would be the likely way to reach them.

I think it is likely that they do not have Stargates though, but I don't guess we know for sure.
      sigpic

Comment

I think the seeder ship probably does have a stargate onboard, as it's a good way for the ship to test any new gates it creates. It would also allow the Ancients to return to the ship for any purpose. If the seeder ship and Destiny are in the same galaxy, it wouldn't need 8 or 9 chevrons to go there nor any special power supply. I think they could be close together, as Destiny's purpose isn't really known yet the Seeder could spend much more longer in a galaxy just to seed.

sigpic

Comment

I could be wrong on this, but I was under the impression there were multiple Seeder Ships and one Destiny.

If that is the case, thank the Seeder ship is likely long gone at this point.
          sigpic

Comment

I would assume the seeder ships did have Stargates that were actually operating on board. I feel like this would be necessary if the ancients ever needed to get on board to fix something or access the ship controls for whatever reason.
            sigpic

Comment

It would make for an interesting find that atlantis has its own 9 cheveron address that we have never found before.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                It would make for an interesting find that Atlantis has its own 9 chevron address that we have never found before.
                That would be very surprising, the 9 chevron address is just a a special code allowing access to Destiny since it's always been moving in space, Atlantis do not move even if it can so it does not really need a special code.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X