Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You're not authorized to be in this area!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not authorized to be in this area!

So, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series of games are absolutely awesome. I know this is old news, but I've just finished replaying DF and DF2:JK and I've still got the Star Wars buzz on

Refreshers!

Dark Forces
    Spoiler:
    1) Steal the Death Star plans. Don't worry, the construction plans for the ultimate weapon, under construction for 20 years, are in a poorly-guarded facility and stored on a gigantic red circuit board. You can't miss it.

2) Check out recently destroyed Rebel base. There were no survivors, but it's cool because you're getting paid. That's just how Mon Mothma rolls.

3) Go to some backwater planet and slog through a staggeringly inefficient sewage system to capture some Imperial guy who doesn't put up a fight, despite his ENORMOUS gun. 'Why is an important Imperial officer at the height of Imperial power just chilling in a sewer' you might ask? Just don't go there, you don't want to know.

4) Rescue an incompetent Imperial defector.

5) Punch out a Kell Dragon with fists. Chuck Norris ain't got nothin' on Kyle Katarn.

6) Infiltrate the enemy super-fortress by first climbing through some refueling pipes and then hanging out on the Executor for a while. Then shoot your way out. This step may need work.

7) Flip several handily placed switches to destroy the Arc Hammer. Evidently, design flaws are actually part of the Imperial design process. Also, fight and kill fat Imperial general in a Dark Trooper suit. Don't worry about the imminent destruction of the station, or anything silly like that.

8) PROFIT!

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
    Spoiler:
    1) Chase 8t88 through Nar Shaddaa in pursuit of Dad's data disc. Be sure to shoot any aliens along the way, just to be safe.

2) Go to Dad's house, get lightsaber, swim through sewage pipes so grand and elaborate they'd put the grandest Roman construction works to shame. Starting to notice a theme in my day job here. Also: remind Dad to stop eating beans.

3) Continue chasing 8t88 to some backwater planet, and kick some punk Dark Jedi ass. Then crawl through fuel pipes, because that's much more logical than just using the damn door. Fight some mutants who are called "twins", despite the fact that they're obviously not.

4) Then go to Ruusan. Climb the mountain instead of just having Jan drop you off up top. Then climb it again, for good measure. Then, for some reason, climb down inside it. Under no circumstances should you call the New Republic and request that they simply bombard the site from orbit.

5) Climb, crawl, jump, and float your way through catacombs and Imperial construction projects which are there despite the planet's having been lost for 2000 years up until about yesterday. Battle annoying blind b-movie-rejected-actor to the death. And whatever you do, don't let the statues reach the middle. For some reason. I really don't know why.

6) Go home in the ship that you crashed (instead of just turning right slightly), and forget all about the pair of Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyer in orbit overhead. Live happily ever after--UNTIL NEXT TIME!

Mysteries of the Sith, here I come!
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 April 2010, 12:01 AM.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I love those games. I may have to install the 2nd one for sure and Mysteries of the Sith if I can dig out the old disks.

STOP DOING THAT JEDI STUFF!

I think that was something one of the opponents would yell when you're swinging a light saber around...

Been so long since I played them...
    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

You could always buy the Jedi Knight bundle on Steam if you can't find your discs.

$20 for Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy. Not bad.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I got them they're in my Library just haven't pulled them out in an long while.
        Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

I tried to put DF2 on my compy. Its too old of a discfor my compy to use, lol
          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
          ---
          sigpic

Comment

Steaaaam

Or, failing that, DOSBox

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              You could always buy the Jedi Knight bundle on Steam if you can't find your discs.

$20 for Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy. Not bad.
              That's a decent price for a collection of Star Wars games. I've seen Jedi Outcast bundled with KOTOR 1, 2, Empire at War and Battlefront. Oh, Republic Commando too for a bit less (about $17 if you exchange rates from the UK cost to US)

sigpic

Comment

Coruscant once named a street in honour of Kyle Katarn. It got very little foot traffic--nobody crosses Kyle Katarn

Comment

Coruscant once named a street in honour of Kyle Katarn. It got very little foot traffic--nobody crosses Kyle Katarn
                  I sense a modified Chunk Norris joke, young Padawan.

sigpic

Comment

Don't you "young Padawan" me

Comment

I played Dark Forces to death on the PS1 and loved it. Yes, the PS1 version. Never played Dark Forces II....and might never ever play it if every new OS is horrible with older games....unless it was released on Mac. Loved Jedi Outcast and Academy...although Academy was very lackluster IMO.

Comment

Dude, I've said it a bunch of times in this thread: Steam

I finishing MotS this afternoon

Comment

Dude, I've said it a bunch of times in this thread: Steam

I finishing MotS this afternoon
                          Have a Mac. Which Steam is coming to soon. But I like having discs more....

Comment

I've gotten to the point where I hate having discs. They create so much clutter!

Comment

I love having discs. I'd rather have something I can hold in my hand than rely on something that will just take up space. It's a nightmare making space for new stuff (as I still haven't shipped my old VHS collection to the new house) but still worth it in the end as better to have something that you can put away and play whenever you want, instead of downloading it over and over.

Speaking of Dark Forces, it's being released on the Playstation Store (making it compatible with the PS3 and PSP).

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X