PDA

View Full Version : What skill/s or ability of the Na'vi people in Avatar,would you most like to possess?

KL70
April 27th, 2010, 06:34 PM
What skill/s or ability of the Na'vi people in Avatar, would you (seriously or humorously) most like possessing and please say why.

jds1982
April 27th, 2010, 06:44 PM
The ability to generate a billion dollars in revenue.

Ouroboros
April 27th, 2010, 08:22 PM
The ability to make losers want to kill themselves (http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html) out of pure envy for my make-believe life.

DigiFluid
April 27th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Being able to suck so hard that I invert the universe and people love me when they shouldn't.

jds1982
April 28th, 2010, 05:58 AM
How about, the ability to make James Cameron's head even bigger.

s09119
April 28th, 2010, 07:30 AM

The ability to make losers want to kill themselves (http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/11/avatar.movie.blues/index.html) out of pure envy for my make-believe life.

I saw this thread and immediately wanted to post these two things... but you guys beat me :(

Replicator Todd
April 28th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Nothing. I would like the Na'vi more if they never existed in the first place.

SaberBlade
April 29th, 2010, 02:28 AM

nearly 3 billion.

I'd like the ability to sell millions of blu-rays then screw people over by including no special features, layers of DRM and making sure loads of legitimate customers are unable to play the discs. This is then followed up by releasing a "special edition" with everything people wanted for a lot more money.

jds1982
April 29th, 2010, 05:52 AM
nearly 3 billion.

I'd like the ability to sell millions of blu-rays then screw people over by including no special features, layers of DRM and making sure loads of legitimate customers are unable to play the discs. This is then followed up by releasing a "special edition" with everything people wanted for a lot more money.

So the ability to screw suckers out of their money.

Man, it feels like there's a lot of Avatar hate out there. Not that I care, I'm just saying.

SaberBlade
April 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
So the ability to screw suckers out of their money.

Man, it feels like there's a lot of Avatar hate out there. Not that I care, I'm just saying.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. I just hate the hype surrounding it just because it made a fortune, like movie studios looking to do a 3D release of a movie but filming it in 2D. Or releasing the film on Blu-Ray only to screw it up for a load of legitimate customers because of piracy fears. Or releasing it on DVD/Blu-Ray, with no special features and yet announcing that a second version will be released around the time of the two big US holidays (one of which just happens to be a worldwide event too).

So I don't hate the movie, but the crap the Studios are up to because of it.