Gate Impact on other Species.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate Impact on other Species.

If a race can build a star & planet, advance deep space ship's (smurfs), could they not figure out how the gates worked. We figured it out on earth with no DHD to use. Could not another race do the same out there where ever the Destiny is travailing through. And if so what impact would it have on that galaxy? and I already know the gates from destiny uses a remote to dial. But I find it hard to believe that no one alien race can think up to try varying radio waves to see if it may generate a response. It would be cool to see Destiny come out of FTL one season in a Galaxy where an Empire has formed over the centuries from an Alien races learning how to use the gates and as result either unified there sector of space, if not rule it with an Alien titanium Fist. And picking up that Destiny is the same tech architecture type as the gates makes it the greatest sought after prize in there galaxy.

Originally posted by Mr.Xcelent View Post
    It would be cool to see [...] an Empire has formed over the centuries from an Alien races learning how to use the gates and as result either unified there sector of space, if not rule it with an Alien titanium Fist. And picking up that Destiny is the same tech architecture type as the gates makes it the greatest sought after prize in there galaxy.
    Great idea. They should give them a strange name, maybe with an apostrophe. Call them "Goa'uld". Yeah, that's it.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
      Great idea. They should give them a strange name, maybe with an apostrophe. Call them "Goa'uld". Yeah, that's it.

It may have been done before, but it is logical that other alien races can use the stargates for their own ends, the Wraith rely on the stargates to travel around a lot of Pegasus and it is likely that they were the race who put the spacegates in orbit around planets and not the Lanteans. Earth built it's own DHD on a more sophisticated stargate, any race could do it as well. They wouldn't be able to make the stargates dial planets all over the galaxy, but making them do what they are designed to do wouldn't be a struggle for the species that built that star, or the race that is already following Destiny.

Spoiler:
      in the trailer for the second half of the series that species was seen coming aboard Destiny through the stargate, so it has already happened
      Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
        It may have been done before, but it is logical that other alien races can use the stargates for their own ends, the Wraith rely on the stargates to travel around a lot of Pegasus and it is likely that they were the race who put the spacegates in orbit around planets and not the Lanteans. Earth built it's own DHD on a more sophisticated stargate, any race could do it as well. They wouldn't be able to make the stargates dial planets all over the galaxy, but making them do what they are designed to do wouldn't be a struggle for the species that built that star, or the race that is already following Destiny.
        Sure, it's possible, but the Enemy Empire in a galaxy, as the Big Bad, doesn't fit SGU's format.
        Destiny travels to a different area of space every episode, (so after a while it would no longer be in any danger) and by the end of the season
        Spoiler:
        it will leave the galaxy.
        To fight such an enemy they would need to find a reason to stay, so far there is none. There are no humans this far out and the race that made that solar system seems to be advanced enough to take care of itself. Unless the writers seriously shake things up, I just don't see it.

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
        Spoiler:
        in the trailer for the second half of the series that species was seen coming aboard Destiny through the stargate, so it has already happened
        That's what I'm thinking, if the writers choose that route. Not only can they use it but they also figured out Destiny's address. But I don't think we'll spend large amount of time having the blue aliens as antagonists, certainly not an eight season arc like in SG1 (or a five season arc like Atlantis).

Comment

even if they did, they would have to try ever permentation on the gate to reach the other gates.....and as we have seen a limited range and less gates in each area mean that they would have to keep trying each world tryign to reach more and more.....kind of like having to jump across a bunch of rocks instead of just swinging across.

Comment

we only know the lack of range because either 1. power 2. no dhd to store planetary shift data of a entire galaxy network

if 2 is the only problem then a race advance enough to use the stargates without a dhd or kino, and have knowledge of any space travel, they would know of planetary shift. They would work around that, and the power problems...

and if all else fails, i dont see why a race that advanced to build a star system wouldnt be able to backwards engineer their own gates for their own purpose...

but that would definately be a little story arc...we leave with the ship, the aliens are like wtf, and use their knowledge of stargates to gate to other galaxies, including our own, avalon, ida, pegasus...lol but alas i dont think the writers are looking for a 'gate' series they want a bsg/voyager series

Comment

i think the starbuilders are dead. but thats just IMO.

i think that the concept will be explored later. i would like to see a race that uses them but isn't terribly advanced. but it would be funny, we dial a gate..... and find a DHD. and then we're like "Huh?"

Comment

still there is no cartouche or information on any gate on any planet. they would still need to run every address to find a lock, that and figure out that they need 7 symbols, one which is a point of origin, and they also have to find out which is the point of origin too.

sure would be a LONG task to complete on each planet to find more gates

Comment

actually no. if they figure out the coordinate system and then use a star map, they can calculate adresses to stars and then dial those.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    actually no. if they figure out the coordinate system and then use a star map, they can calculate adresses to stars and then dial those.
                    yes but they would need to try every star to find a gate, and there would be stars they cant see

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      yes but they would need to try every star to find a gate, and there would be stars they cant see
                      And many stars don't have planets with stargates on them.

Comment

Well, they could always build their own gates based on the SGU gates. That might be an interesting episode.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          i think the starbuilders are dead. but thats just IMO.

i think that the concept will be explored later. i would like to see a race that uses them but isn't terribly advanced. but it would be funny, we dial a gate..... and find a DHD. and then we're like "Huh?"
                          We have no proof that the star was even "built". How do you jump to... are dead?

Comment

Actualy proof was presented in that episode that the star system was artificial....but i agree that we do not know anything about the race that build it.

Comment

i dont think ive ever seen a dhd around anytime theyve gone to another planet they always use that little psp looking thingy that eli carries around sure we did it before but i think the ramifications for a civilization that unlocked gate travel within their own galaxy would probably propel them forward hundreds of years ahead of any other civilization if they exist and im nto so sure any civilizations will exist i dont know where those aliens came from the ones that took rush and chloe but theyre a fluke pretty much theres going to be no human looking race mainly because the statistical odds of theyre being a spieces of human that evolved seperatly to us is inprobable the only reason there was other human races in the milky way was because the goaúld took people from earth. i think that even if there is any advanced lifeforms in the galaxies were the ships have seeded probably wouldnt ever get to the stages where they could understand the gate system at all i doubt there would be much impact on a civilization but lets say there is some super smart sentient race out there it could be of a huge impact on their society today i mean think if we here on earth did discover something like the stargate it would be huge for our society.

Comment

Working...
                              X