How did everyone miss this? (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did everyone miss this? (Spoilers)

We had Daniel Jackson tell rush that an operative in the Lucian alliance told them about the Icarus planet.

This explains how they found out about our "Secret" base. They already knew about the planet. They most likely caught the guy who gave the Taur'i the information.

You people owe Dr. Rush an apology for claiming he brought them there to get to destiny.

Welp, I doubt every single person in the universe missed this, Cap't.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...hole-(spoiler)

This kid here had something similar to note.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I remember hearing it, but i didn't realise what it meant as to Air and the Lucian alliance attacking the base. so thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
        We had Daniel Jackson tell rush that an operative in the Lucian alliance told them about the Icarus planet.

This explains how they found out about our "Secret" base. They already knew about the planet. They most likely caught the guy who gave the Taur'i the information.

You people owe Dr. Rush an apology for claiming he brought them there to get to destiny.
        I heard Daniel tell Dr. Rush about the operative in the Lucien Alliance. Even so, I don't believe anyone owes Dr. Rush an apology. In my opinion, Rush was simply more interested in dialing the 9th Chevron and finding out where it went than he was in safely getting people back to earth; since dialing back to earth would have prevented him from ever finding out where the 9th Chevron went. I could have missed any comments by one or more of the characters, but I don't recall anyone ever saying the 9th Chevron would lead to the Destiny.

Comment

Do I point out the delicious irony in "captain obvious" missing the other rather obvious thread?

No. I don't believe I shall.

Comment

I didn't miss it, but considering that Rush is essentially talking to himself (or the Destiny's AI) when he's talking to DJ, who exactly told Rush? Why, Rush told Rush, and how would Rush know?
            Spoiler:
            Rush knows because he;s the LA spy?
            So, no apology from me for stranding them. We;ve already seen that Rush will deal with anyone to get (back) on the Destiny, as in making a deal with the aliens, so why not this?
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

This was my immediate thought when Daniel said that. I admit to once having contemplated the idea of Rush bringing the LA to Icarus, but then I realized that it made no sense. It didn't help him in any way. They had just managed to figure out how to dial the 9th chevron, which means that if Rush leaked the info earlier, what difference would it have made? How would it have conceivably helped him in dialing the gate?

Also, if he did this after he leaked Icarus' location, how would it have helped him? He already had the green light from Earth. All he needed to do was to figure out how to fire the thing up and then go.

Rush had nothing to gain from giving up their location to the LA, nothing at all.

Comment

guess we'll have to wait and see
                sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Never has a thread starter had a more appropriate username for that thread.

Comment

People actually thought this was the case? That Rush somehow engineered the attack? What FAII said above is completely true about it not benefitting Rush at all. Also, I can't see him being entirely apathetic to the soldiers and planning an attack that would most certainly kill and wound some of them.

Comment

Well, for one thing, it makes it clearer how they get
                      Spoiler:
                      a LA opperative onboard Destiny, according to some sources

My only real question is this going to be a 'communication stones" thing, or is someone on Destiny not who they say they are?

Spoiler:
                      It's option #2, and it's Chloe, and she is really this bad-@$$ LA special agent, using that Reol chemical to make the Senator think she's his daughter!

lol, jk!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        I heard Daniel tell Dr. Rush about the operative in the Lucien Alliance. Even so, I don't believe anyone owes Dr. Rush an apology. In my opinion, Rush was simply more interested in dialing the 9th Chevron and finding out where it went than he was in safely getting people back to earth; since dialing back to earth would have prevented him from ever finding out where the 9th Chevron went. I could have missed any comments by one or more of the characters, but I don't recall anyone ever saying the 9th Chevron would lead to the Destiny.

Hmmm. That's what I got out of it. I don't really know where Obvious was going with the Thread.
                        I didn't hear anything about Rushes motives that sent them to Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Plenty of people have speculated (irrationally) here on Gateworld that it was Rush who brought the Lucian Alliance to Icarus Base, that he engineered the attack for personal gain. Those are the people who need to recant and admit to being wrong.

Comment

I don't think many of us missed the LA comment, it's been referred to in many threads this week.

Rush engineering the attack on Icarus has struck me as an argument made without much thought by those who intensely dislike the character and are willing to believe he's an absolute villain. But, to play devil's advocate, who's to say that Rush isn't from the LA? I mean, yes, he has a good backstory on Earth, but it's possible. He could have been working for them long ago and run away. I don't think that's what's going on at all, but I'm willing to entertain the notion. No matter what, though, I can't imagine him intentionally causing the destruction of the base. Even if he weren't a decent person in any way, he is undoubtedly dedicated to his work and would not throw it all away to deal with a "street gang with space ships," as he referred to them in the extended version of Air.

What I keep asking is, what did the LA have to gain by attacking the base? Did they know about the ninth chevron project? If not, it might make sense. Otherwise, why throw away all those ships and resources on the slim chance that Dr. Rush and Eli would manage to dial through to Destiny? What does their attack get them?

You know, I can think of one possibility, actually. If they had a tracking device on their operative, whoever it was, they might have been able to tell when their operative left the base. Since the stargate was the only way out. I'd also think the operative was someone who knew the gate was going to be dialed, and could signal the LA, but who didn't realize there would be a delay when Eli's solution didn't work at first. The LA may have wanted to get their operative aboard, then destroy the base, to keep the Destiny cut off from reinforcements from Earth. If it isn't such a mistake, how would they know that Rush would choose to dial the ninth chevron instead of Earth or another planet in the local galaxies?

...unless of course they were certain that Rush would do so because they knew him very well? I'm canceling out some of my own arguments there, but I'm just trying to sift through the possibilities. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Comment

Daro,

I think you are dead on regarding Rush and the LA. It would shock me not in the slightest if Rush were using them to further his goals. As I've said before I think Rush is the ulitimate pragmatist using whatever he thinks is to his advantage to further his goals. He's not immoral he's almost amoral. It's an interesting choice for his character.

To relate it back to this episode. I wonder if the tearful farewell to his wife will affect his amorality. Whether he will start gelling more with the crew in an effort to be more "human"?
                              All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X