Should I re-watch 'Human'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I re-watch 'Human'?

Righto. I didn't get to watch human until 2am after a big night at work, which followed the Anzac day dawn service etc etc. Short story is I watched it on very little sleep.

I found it last night to be the most boring 42 minutes of my life. I watched it on my computer and for the most part, I was just surfing the net and listening to it, knowing full well that I was not missing out on any visual fun stuff. Sure there were a couple of little bits of info that were interesting, but on a whole, a part of me died last night. I went to bed very disappointed after being on such a high after the first few eps back from the break.

Now my question is this. Was I too affected by my lack of sleep to truely appreciate some of the more subtle things about this ep? Or am I not alone in my thinking that I have just spent 42 minutes of my life that I won't get back.

I am really hoping that I was just too sleep deprived to enjoy it.
    sigpic

Heh... I actually watched it the same way. Surfing and doing other things whie listening/watching, and turning my attention to it when something interesting was going on.

Hate to say it, but I think it's the episode and not you. I downloaded V as well, and watched it afterwards, but unlike with SGU i was glued to the screen.

Comment

watch it again.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vszulc View Post
        Heh... I actually watched it the same way. Surfing and doing other things whie listening/watching, and turning my attention to it when something interesting was going on.

Hate to say it, but I think it's the episode and not you. I downloaded V as well, and watched it afterwards, but unlike with SGU i was glued to the screen.
        The lucid dreaming part of Human was more of a character drama and more cerebral. It would be harder to appreciate it if you were tired. Watch it again.

I also watch V and love the show. I have read that ratings are declining and the show is likely to be canceled. In my mind there is no accounting for general tastes. V is one of my favorite shows on television.
        Last edited by Blackhole; 26 April 2010, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Word! V is such a great example of a sci fi show with awesome character drama, and all the other things they tried to do with SGU methinks.
          It's scifi, but it manages to be politically timely and relevant.

The real inspiration for the show is Nazi Germany I beleive, and how easily it is to slip into fascism through promises and good intentions. That's how I read the subtext anyways

That's the secret of truly epic sci fi, I believe: That it works, and can be enjoyed on so many levels.

Comment

Every SGU episode should be watched several times.
            sigpic

Comment

it did seem a little slow but because its a two parter i think watching it with the next ep will make it better

Comment

Watch it again to laugh and Chloe. She does dumbdumb stuff again.

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                  She does dumbdumb stuff again.
                  Again? And what exactly?
                  sigpic

Comment

Wasn't it more of collaborative, collective dumb-dumbness this time?

From idiot-Eli losing the Kino down there, to Scott's brilliant decision to go find it*, to Greer firing off half a magazine at ONE cat-sized spider creature, topped off by Lt. James thinking she's a demolition expert. "La-da-da-dee... Hand me some C4, I'm sure that will clear away the rocks blocking the entrance of this centuries old, highly unstable underground labyrinth!"

Seriously, was there some sort of idiot-virus in the Destiny water supply this week?

*(When somebody says "It's sort of a maze down there", you should consider going another time. LIKE WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A THREE HOUR LIMIT BEFORE YOUR STARSHIP LEAVES THE PLANET!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by vszulc View Post
                      Wasn't it more of collaborative, collective dumb-dumbness this time?
                      And yet Chloe gets the blame...

From idiot-Eli losing the Kino down there, to Scott's brilliant decision to go find it*, to Greer firing off half a magazine at ONE cat-sized spider creature, topped off by Lt. James thinking she's a demolition expert. "La-da-da-dee... Hand me some C4, I'm sure that will clear away the rocks blocking the entrance of this centuries old, highly unstable underground labyrinth!"
                      I think you're overreacting. Only pointless part was trying to free them by using C4.
                      sigpic

Comment

vszulc,

collective dumb-dumbness, 3 star laughs
                        idiot-virus, 5 star laughs

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                        And yet Chloe gets the blame...
                        Well since this thread's title is so trivial, making fun of Chloe is more fun than any other character don't you agree? And if you're seriously curious as to what moments I find funny and dumb on her part was when she tried to flash her Daniel Jackson degree at Young to go have some (obvious) fun and when she either initiated, agreed or advocated to go into that tunnel.

Comment

I thought the A story was great. Learning about Rush's past getting some insight into what is driving him so hard. It was very well done. The B story, Scott, Greer, Chloe, and Eli getting stuck in a catacombs with giant spiders, was a tad generic. The cliffhanger was nice but would have been more satisfying if
                          Spoiler:
                          we hadn't seen it with Rush before.
                          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Well, there are threads for the whole Chloe bashing thing so off you trot.

In answer to the OP, I found Human the most cerebral episode of Stargate to date. Not SGU, all of Stargate. If you don't like television episodes that make you think and watch carefully, don't watch it again. Best regards.

Comment

You may be too tired due to lack of sleep or a lots of interruptions. Just sit back and find out what questions raised by the episode. It will set you back on the track...

Comment

Working...
                              X