Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Background information on Icarus project & Rush & plot hole (spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background information on Icarus project & Rush & plot hole (spoiler)

Background information on Icarus project & Rush

Dr Rush use a lucid dream/past memories as the base of the buffer to link his mind and ancient database.

What did we find out?

Spoiler:
    Dr Rush was recruited by Dr Jackson into the stargate program .
    And he neglected his dying wife while he tried to figure out he ninth chevron problem.
    In the end his wife died alone and Eli solve it while playing video game.

I can see why Destiny was so important to Rush consider what he gave up .

Spoiler:
    Something Daniel said about a Lucian alliance inside source gave them a location of a mining planet ,which could provide power for the ninth chevron.

So Was the Icarus planet was originally a Lucian alliance planet ,
    Did Earth just took one of Lucian alliance planet by force?Was Earth the aggressor?
    Earth should have expected retaliation from the Alliance ,they should better arm the base.

So was the Icarus planet originally a Lucian Alliance planet?
    We were only told a spy in the LA told them of the planet, not that it was a LA planet specifically. Though I could be misinterpreting here.

And what's the plot hole?
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I think the question there was who else the spy told.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        We were only told a spy in the LA told them of the planet, not that it was a LA planet specifically. Though I could be misinterpreting here.

And what's the plot hole?
        If that planet was once belong to the Lucian alliance , Earth should expect alliance attack from them anytime.and yet they still ship a VIP Earth Senator and his daughter to Icarus base
        Last edited by ckwongau; 24 April 2010, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
          If that planet was once belong to the Lucian alliance , Earth should expect alliance attack from them anytime.and yet they still ship a VIP Earth Senator and is daughter to Icarus base
          Well maybe they did, but they didn't expect that their ships would be juiced up enough to take on the Hammond.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Well maybe they did, but they didn't expect that their ships would be juiced up enough to take on the Hammond.
            A planet with f Naquadria, core, and they didn't expect the Lucian alliance to come back for it. with a fleet of mother ship.

Then again i didn't expect the Hammond not fire their Asgard beam weapon during the attack.

Comment

A planet with f Naquadria, core, and they didn't expect the Lucian alliance to come back for it. with a fleet of mother ship.

Then again i didn't expect the Hammond not fire their Asgard beam weapon during the attack.
              I'm thinking lets not call out a plot hole yet. We do not even know that its an LA planet, nor the full circumstances (Maybe there was some kind of deal struck or something, and the LA broke it? Who knows?) of the whole sequence of events.

Spoiler:
              There's an upcoming LA arc in the last three episodes of the season, so maybe we'll get a clearer picture then.

Comment

Maybe they thought the LA didn't know because two years had gone by and the LA hadn't shown up.

Comment

I'm guessing it was supposed to be installed Tuesday.

Comment

You have to wonder if the Lucian Alliance have operatives on Earth by now. Info that the Hammond would be the only Earth ship in range of Icarus post EATG without Asgard plasma beam weapons and the chance base shielding tech would be going down to allow Asgard transporters to work (thus detectable by LA ships) seems too coincedental to me.

I await the
                    Spoiler:
                    coming LA arc wondering how news got back to the LA since all 3 Ha'tak got gobbled by Icarus planet's destruction - that points to a possible security leak from SGC
                    sigpic
                    Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

Comment

actually i think they expected to blast the LA to hell with instadeath beams. with Naquahdriah apparently available to the LA (the LA knew of it and there was a mine, according to Jackson), the ships would be much, MUCH stronger than the average goauld mothership. which explains why the death rays didn't end the fight within 4 seconds

Comment

I don't see the plot hole. It was uninhabited planet. Given the vastness of space the probablity of Lucian Alliance wanting it are quite high
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Its a plot hole. How can they act surprised when the Icarus based has been found and attacked in Air when they took the information about the Icarus planet from the LA in the first place?
                          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                            Its a plot hole. How can they act surprised when the Icarus based has been found and attacked in Air when they took the information about the Icarus planet from the LA in the first place?
                            I think your underestimting just how big the Milky Way is. Thier are billions of planets out there. It would such a big needle in a haystack for the Lucian Alliance to find the place.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              I think your underestimting just how big the Milky Way is. Thier are billions of planets out there. It would such a big needle in a haystack for the Lucian Alliance to find the place.
                              Not if it's the LA who gave the info to earth in the first place about the location of the Icarus planet.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                              X