PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quotes/Moments in "Human"

Daro
April 23rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
What were your favorite quotes/moments?

Personally, I liked Daniel's Hitchhiker's joke.

And of course, the scene between Gloria and Rush at the end.

Pharaoh Atem
April 23rd, 2010, 09:02 PM
Eli: you scared

Greer: the stare of death

Fridgefiend
April 23rd, 2010, 09:02 PM
Greer's reaction to Eli asking if he was scared. I half expected him to hit the poor guy.

kinda scary

Daro
April 23rd, 2010, 09:04 PM
I agree, Greer's stare gave me chills. Jamil is a good actor. ;)

xxxevilgrinxxx
April 23rd, 2010, 09:05 PM
far too many to quote right off the top of my head, but I loved Young calling Scott "son", and loved the whole 42, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe thing. That was really well done. So many more. I'm going to stop quick before I ...did I mention Lucian Alliance? Crap, gotta stop this now!

...okay, one more. Anyone else end up with their heart in theior throat when the word oncologist was mentioned?

Pharaoh Atem
April 23rd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Eli after :

please don't kill me

hahaha

Astria
April 23rd, 2010, 09:07 PM
Liked the Eli/Chloe/Young interaction when they were trying to convince Young to let them go on the away team. And wow, we got a rare Young smile.

Agree about the Greer/Eli moment. Funny.

Daro
April 23rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
far too many to quote right off the top of my head, but I loved Young calling Scott "son", and loved the whole 42, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe thing. That was really well done. So many more. I'm going to stop quick before I ...did I mention Lucian Alliance? Crap, gotta stop this now!

...okay, one more. Anyone else end up with their heart in theior throat when the word oncologist was mentioned?

That whole episode made me an emotional wreck. From being furious with Rush (which you might imagine doesn't happen that often with me...) to crying over Gloria's speech. And so yeah, my heart was in my throat for that scene, for sure.

Also, the Lucian Alliance quote? It's just so...interesting. And I did like Young calling Scott "son" because they kinda have that relationship. Though otherwise I was a bit peeved that Young was back to his old "I hate Rush" stuff again, so quickly after "Faith." Special effort was not so hot this episode.

garhkal
April 23rd, 2010, 09:09 PM
Mine was when Chloe was trying to get on the team
Eli to chloe in whispered tones "say something archeological"....

jelgate
April 23rd, 2010, 09:10 PM
That whole episode made me an emotional wreck. From being furious with Rush (which you might imagine doesn't happen that often with me...) to crying over Gloria's speech. And so yeah, my heart was in my throat for that scene, for sure.

Also, the Lucian Alliance quote? It's just so...interesting. And I did like Young calling Scott "son" because they kinda have that relationship. Though otherwise I was a bit peeved that Young was back to his old "I hate Rush" stuff again, so quickly after "Faith." Special effort was not so hot this episode.
I don't recall this happening. Example?

Pharaoh Atem
April 23rd, 2010, 09:14 PM
Though otherwise I was a bit peeved that Young was back to his old "I hate Rush" stuff again, so quickly after "Faith." Special effort was not so hot this episode.
he wasn't happy that rush sat in the chair. young understands that if anyone on that ship can figure out the code and poossibaly find a way home it's rush.

xxxevilgrinxxx
April 23rd, 2010, 09:18 PM

it was a really big deal, seeing him so cold during the episode. I wanted to choke him. That you were angry as well? Wow...Rush has a lot of splainin to do!

I didn't see any "I hate Rush". I saw concern for Rush, and annoyance that, yet again, Rush has done something dangerous that could endanger him, the ship, and now which has Scott and the others hang in the balance. Those two will never be friends, but I really don't see the hate at all.

MattSilver 3k
April 23rd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Dammit Daro, you ninja'd my thread. :D

Yeah, the Chloe/Eli/Young interaction at the gateroom was brilliant ("Say something archaeological" "I was kidnapped by aliens, right here"), as was Scott's "It was a sizeable spider" followed by Young's grin.

On the less funny side of things, Rush/Gloria... ouch.

_SocraticMethod
April 23rd, 2010, 09:48 PM
-Eli/Chloe/Young scene in the gate room was definitely the funniest thing ever! "Stratification!" LOL! And Young's little smile after they left was just *perfect*!

-On a more serious note, the Rush/Gloria hospital scene was intense. RC was simply brilliant.

-Young's "Don't give up, son." This just typifies the Young/Scott relationship, and felt very natural, especially after Young's calling Scott "Matthew" at the end of "Faith".

-Daniel's Hitchhiker's Guide reference.... though it would've been way better if he hadn't explained it :mckay:

Fridgefiend
April 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
-Daniel's Hitchhiker's Guide reference.... though it would've been way better if he hadn't explained it :mckay:

Definitely agree with you on that one. Although i guess maybe the joke was daniel trying to be funny and thinking Rush didn't get it? Daniel being awkward or something?

Replicator Todd
April 23rd, 2010, 09:56 PM
Eli: "Say something archeological"
Chloe: "Stratification!"

Haha. I wuv Chloe!

_SocraticMethod
April 23rd, 2010, 10:02 PM
Definitely agree with you on that one. Although i guess maybe the joke was daniel trying to be funny and thinking Rush didn't get it? Daniel being awkward or something?

Probably... Danny's pretty good at that - being awkward, I mean. LOL :P

Daro
April 23rd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Sorry, jelgate and others. To be more specific, I had no issue with anything Young did, just his matter-of-fact tones when discussing matters that could and likely would have lead to Rush's death. I can see, on a second watch through, that a lot of that was being upset at Rush's incorrigable chaotic nature. Later on, it was concern for the four lives in the balance on the planet that drove him to be somewhat cold in his rationale. So, I retract the "I hate Rush" and change it to "Rush needs a babysitter." ;)

ladypredator
April 23rd, 2010, 10:11 PM

But all of this is in Rush's head -- he's basically talking with himself, so in a way he's making a joke with himself.

And I didn't find Rush cold at all in this. He looks absolutely tormented and miserable and angry and hurt and bitter and grieving -- even though he knows none of this is really happening, that it's already happened and he's just remembering. It's all a dreamscape.

The scene with Gloria at the end was absolutely stunning, RC is simply amazing. He obviously never had that conversation with her, since she can't know anything that happened after her death, so he's really talking to his memory of Gloria and imagining what she might say. That makes it even more poignant, that he knows he lost who he was when he lost her. That he feels like the man she loved died with her.

I was also really hit by his classroom conversation with 'Jackson' where he finally openly admits his intense resentment towards Eli and the whole Stargate Program -- and his own sense of failure.

I'm convinced that he worked so hard on the Ninth Chevron problem because he believed it would lead to something he could use to save Gloria, specifically the ability to ascend. Ascension would've saved her. That's what he was searching so desperately for. Remember he mentioned that back in "Time" when he tells Eli that's why he ended up there.

Another moment that had me nearly in tears is his "dream within a dream" where he is 'sleeping' and 'dreaming' of happy moments with Gloria.

Also of note is the really cool spinning numerical graphics that things would morph into, that reminder that none of this real - truly cool special effect there.

Fridgefiend
April 23rd, 2010, 10:15 PM
I was also really hit by his classroom conversation with 'Jackson' where he finally openly admits his intense resentment towards Eli and the whole Stargate Program -- and his own sense of failure.

I really found that scene interesting. It kinda makes sense considering his ego. He poured all this time in and some drop out came in and cleaned up his mess and figured it all out. That's gotta be eating at him. It was neat to seem him actually state what he thinks about it though.

_SocraticMethod
But all of this is in Rush's head -- he's basically talking with himself, so in a way he's making a joke with himself.

And I didn't find Rush cold at all in this. He looks absolutely tormented and miserable and angry and hurt and bitter and grieving -- even though he knows none of this is really happening, that it's already happened and he's just remembering. It's all a dreamscape.

The scene with Gloria at the end was absolutely stunning, RC is simply amazing. He obviously never had that conversation with her, since she can't know anything that happened after her death, so he's really talking to his memory of Gloria and imagining what she might say. That makes it even more poignant, that he knows he lost who he was when he lost her. That he feels like the man she loved died with her.

I'm convinced that he worked so hard on the Ninth Chevron problem because he believed it would lead to something he could use to save Gloria, specifically the ability to ascend. Ascension would've saved her. That's what he was searching so desperately for. Remember he mentioned that back in "Time" when he tells Eli that's why he ended up there.

Another moment that had me nearly in tears is his "dream within a dream" where he is 'sleeping' and 'dreaming' of happy moments with Gloria.

Also of note is the really cool spinning numerical graphics that things would morph into, that reminder that none of this real - truly cool special effect there.

Good point! :)

xxxevilgrinxxx
...So, I retract the "I hate Rush" and change it to "Rush needs a babysitter." ;)
LOL! that he really does! Put a bell on him :)

Gollumpus
April 23rd, 2010, 10:21 PM
Liked the Eli/Chloe/Young interaction when they were trying to convince Young to let them go on the away team. And wow, we got a rare Young smile.

Just saw this moment. Kinda' fun.

regards,
G.

Commander Zelix
April 23rd, 2010, 10:26 PM

This was a fun scene. :D

Lahela
April 23rd, 2010, 11:07 PM
Hitchhiker's Guide[/I] reference.... though it would've been way better if he hadn't explained it :mckay:

I wish he hadn't explained it, but I guess they wanted to make sure it didn't get missed.

"Stratification" and Eli's look in response were priceless. Greer's stare was spine-chilling. Rush and Gloria were heartbreaking.

rimorob
April 23rd, 2010, 11:55 PM
In an episode full of funny and heartbreaking scenes I loved, the number one spot goes to the last conversation between Rush and Gloria. It's my favorite scene out of the whole series for its raw emotion and Robert Carlyle's amazing acting.

Moonunit
April 23rd, 2010, 11:55 PM
I agree, Greer's stare gave me chills. Jamil is a good actor. ;)

Yeah. Scary! He is a fantastic actor. Have met him and he is not at all like his character.

meo3000
April 24th, 2010, 12:01 AM
I liked the moment when i realized Daniel wasn't really part of Rush memory, but instead was the ships Ai trying to help Rush figure what he was looking for. Or maybe im just crazy like that...

wingsabre
April 24th, 2010, 12:05 AM
I like the fact that they've let their hair grow longer. It's a good detail to keep.

wingsabre
April 24th, 2010, 12:08 AM
I liked the moment when i realized Daniel wasn't really part of Rush memory, but instead was the ships Ai trying to help Rush figure what he was looking for. Or maybe im just crazy like that...

Nope, you're not crazy. Once I saw Daniel, and him mentioning his wife, it was obvious that his wife held the key to the master code. The dream, the memory, everything was pointing to his wife, and her illness.

Shai Hulud
April 24th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Greer's flashback to being a little boy, locked in a box and scared witless!

JustAnotherVoice
April 24th, 2010, 06:22 AM
Rush: I was being optimistic.

Young's shock.

Starsaber
April 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I wish he hadn't explained it, but I guess they wanted to make sure it didn't get missed.

Well, they didn't feel like they had to explain it in SGA, even though they would have had a valid reason since Teyla didn't get the joke.

Also, I liked Chloe's "nerd moment" at the top of the stairs when they were trying to decide whether to go into the tunnels. It's nice that she's trying to develop a more useful skill set.

reddevil18
April 24th, 2010, 06:46 AM
To my own surprise, I enjoyed most of Chloe's scenes. She was funny, with Eli and Young and I was happy to see that she took it upon herself to get into Daniel's research. She finally showed initiative in doing something.

Mrs. Rush crying in the bedroom, with the ******* sitting next to her and paying no attention. That was really powerful.

thekillman
April 24th, 2010, 08:01 AM
i was cheering and dancing when i saw CHLOE BEING USEFUL!!!!!!.

WHOHOO!. the nerd moment was SO incredibly WIN. a crowning moment of awesome for chloe!. and the Eli/Greer thing, before entering the tunnel was so, so incredibly realistic and my god!!.

also significant revelation: the LA attacked us because we stole their planet!. and that's why their ships could've been so strong! naquahdriah! (there was a mine on that planet, Jackson said).

i understood after like 15 minutes that his wife was the answer. the 46 thing, well not that thing no. but it was VERY interesting to see rush be so... uncaring. clearly he doesn't want the pain again.

other awesome:

"it was a spider".
"a SPIDER? "
"a pretty sizeable one, sir"

xxxevilgrinxxx
April 24th, 2010, 08:08 AM

guess that makes two of us :D

thekillman
April 24th, 2010, 08:14 AM
daniel was part of his memory.

in the dream 3 forces were at work.

1: Rush's consciousness. this is the rush we observed.
2: the dream was his lower subconsciousness which created the scenario to make him understand the clue.
3: Jackson. the more active part of his subconsciousness. this was essentially the mirror of Rush. rush tried it the complicated way while Jackson tried it the much simpler way, because the clue WAS simple.

Lahela
April 24th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Greer's flashback to being a little boy, locked in a box and scared witless!

Yes! Such a short little flash, but so telling! And a sign of revelations to come I hope (I'm spoiler-free, so I have no idea).

The Destiny
April 24th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Young: "Why was sergeant greer forced to use his weapon?
Scott: "there was a spider, sir."

xD

Ow, and we saw Riley again :D

And I liked Chloe had something to contribute :)

Egle01
April 24th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Riley! and

Eli: Please don't kill me? :lol:

Greer's flashback to being a little boy, locked in a box and scared witless!That lasted mere seconds, but made me feel for Greer. :(

Commander Zelix
April 24th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I like the way Rush answer the phone dismissively when the hospital calls to tell him his wife won't make it. Something like:

*phone ring*
Rush:"She's taking a turn for the worse. The doctors think its very grave. She's going to make it through the day. Thank you!!"
*hang the phone quickly*

Blackhole
April 24th, 2010, 02:44 PM

I don't think he resents Eli at all. When he made this statement he was just frustrated by his current and past 2 1/2 year lack of success and was probably a little jealous of Eli's genius. Rush was one of the world's foremost experts in his field. His statement about Eli speaks volumes about his respect for his intelligence. Prior to this exchange Rush hasn't demonstrated any animosity towards Eli at all that I can remember. In fact he always seems respectful and fond of him. He even apologized to him in Light for getting him on Destiny when he thought they were all going to die.

I don't remember the ascension comment that you spoke about. Even if Rush learns how to ascend how is that going to help his wife now?

Kaeb
April 24th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Definitely every moment were Rush tried to keep himself from getting lost in his memories and keeping with the task at hand, no matter how much it pained him and then finally giving into his emotions and the longing he had for his wife and the great deal of love he still holds for her.

''That man died the same time you did'', that was a very powerful line that pretty much sums up his entire backstory into a beautiful line of dialogue, Robert Carlyle did a fantastic job throughout this episode.

This contrasted highly to the wonderful humour and adventure side of the episode with the ruins being found on the planet along with the exchanges between Eli, Chloe, Greer, Scott and Young. All were wonderful.

My favourite background character right now is Brody, love that guy along with Riley of course.

This episode was a testament to Rush being my favourite character, I cannot wait for next weeks episode.

garhkal
April 24th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Ohh.. So was he there as a figment of Dr Rushes subconsious, OR was it a image the ship placed in to help him out??

Definitely every moment were Rush tried to keep himself from getting lost in his memories and keeping with the task at hand, no matter how much it pained him and then finally giving into his emotions and the longing he had for his wife and the great deal of love he still holds for her.

''That man died the same time you did'', that was a very powerful line that pretty much sums up his entire backstory into a beautiful line of dialogue, Robert Carlyle did a fantastic job throughout this episode.

Next years tv awards should include Dr rush for that, if nothing else...

Kaeb
April 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
It's episodes like these that make me believe that this show deserves alot more attention, positive attention for that matter on the bigger talk shows out there. I mean alot of other fictional shows like Heroes, Fringe and Lost are all science fiction and yet they're getting alot more attention.

SGU needs that.

Coronach
April 24th, 2010, 04:11 PM
It's episodes like these that make me believe that this show deserves alot more attention, positive attention for that matter on the bigger talk shows out there. I mean alot of other fictional shows like Heroes, Fringe and Lost are all science fiction and yet they're getting alot more attention.

SGU needs that.

One thing that might (and probably does) play into that is the fact that those 3 listed shows are not cable channels so they're available to more people.

Then again, BSG got a lot of critical acclaim and made a name for itself that way. So I think there are multiple factors at work here as far as how much attention a show gets.

Pharaoh Atem
April 24th, 2010, 08:56 PM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7720/normalsgu1140681.jpg

Gollumpus
April 24th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Even if Rush learns how to ascend how is that going to help his wife now?

For all we know she did ascend, or perhaps he believes she has.

regards,
G.

Blackhole
April 24th, 2010, 09:05 PM
For all we know she did ascend, or perhaps he believes she has.

regards,
G.

Why would he think that? She would need help from another ascended being, why would they single her out?

Gollumpus
April 24th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Why would he think that? She would need help from another ascended being, why would they single her out?

Nothing based on actual evidence. I'm just putting stuff out there for comment, however, maybe one of the ascended types became aware of her significance to Dr, Rush and his significance to destiny...

As I said, likely nothing to it, just speculating.

regards,
G.

thekillman
April 25th, 2010, 06:47 AM
the eli/greer one was funny.

"are you scared?"
*greer looks at eli"
"it's a joke"
*takes a step closer*
"i thought we were on that level now, you know, friends"
*takes off sunglasses*
"please don't kill me?"

hiro
April 25th, 2010, 10:12 AM
-Daniel's Hitchhiker's Guide reference.... though it would've been way better if he hadn't explained it

yeap !

Haha. I wuv Chloe!

after that when Eli and Chloe go out and Young laugh =D

Rush: I was being optimistic.
Young's shock.
i think Rush has change !

garhkal
April 25th, 2010, 03:34 PM
One thing that might (and probably does) play into that is the fact that those 3 listed shows are not cable channels so they're available to more people.

Then again, BSG got a lot of critical acclaim and made a name for itself that way. So I think there are multiple factors at work here as far as how much attention a show gets.

That is a good point. A lot of those other shows (minus BSG) are on reg channels, so get more airing.

spinny magee
April 25th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Eli is either building up more guts since space or getting more stupid to dare insult the house of Greer like that.

"Please don't kill me"

Pharaoh Atem
April 25th, 2010, 09:56 PM
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/74427-Favorite-Quotes-Moments-in-quot-Human-quot

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/69819-MSgt.-Ronald-Greer-Discussion-Jamil-Walker-Appreciation-*Spoilers-through-SGU-S1*

pipi
April 26th, 2010, 03:18 AM
I think it's neither. He was joking because they are all friends now after visiting the happy planet. (In Eli's mind that is).

Tuvok
April 26th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Sorry, jelgate and others. To be more specific, I had no issue with anything Young did, just his matter-of-fact tones when discussing matters that could and likely would have lead to Rush's death. I can see, on a second watch through, that a lot of that was being upset at Rush's incorrigable chaotic nature. Later on, it was concern for the four lives in the balance on the planet that drove him to be somewhat cold in his rationale. So, I retract the "I hate Rush" and change it to "Rush needs a babysitter." ;)

Unfortunately that cold rationale is the burden of command. Rush doesn't need a babysitter. That's what Young is for, after all the life you try to kill by leaving on an alien planet. Is the same life you must oversee. It's the path of Zen..

carmencatalina
April 26th, 2010, 08:56 AM
So many interesting bits, it is hard to pick just one. But the image that has stuck in my mind is Rush and his wife sitting on a bench in the rose garden, when exactly 46 birds take flight in front of them.

And, yes, I did go back and count them after Rush had his revelation. But the image of the birds taking flight in front of them was beautiful, even before I knew there was a message there.

Egle01
April 26th, 2010, 08:59 AM
And, yes, I did go back and count them after Rush had his revelation.:eek: Green for that!

carmencatalina
April 26th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Hasn't everyone gone back and looked for "46" throughout the episode by now? It is everywhere, on the whiteboard next to the name "Rush" in the next scene (looks like some sort of lecture schedule), on the license plate that he writes down, obviously the house number and the date of April 6, but elsewhere as well.

JustAnotherVoice
April 26th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hasn't everyone gone back and looked for "46" throughout the episode by now? It is everywhere, on the whiteboard next to the name "Rush" in the next scene (looks like some sort of lecture schedule), on the license plate that he writes down, obviously the house number and the date of April 6, but elsewhere as well.

Would it be too much of a stretch to think that there were 23 birds in that park where the couple sit at the bench?

carmencatalina
April 26th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Would it be too much of a stretch to think that there were 23 birds in that park where the couple sit at the bench?

See my post above - there are 46 birds. (You have to use more than one video still to get them all, but I've gotten 46 consistently, so I'm going with that.)

Tatooinegateghost
April 26th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I loved the spider lines. They had me rotflmao.

ladypredator
April 27th, 2010, 02:53 PM
I don't think he resents Eli at all. When he made this statement he was just frustrated by his current and past 2 1/2 year lack of success and was probably a little jealous of Eli's genius. Rush was one of the world's foremost experts in his field. His statement about Eli speaks volumes about his respect for his intelligence. Prior to this exchange Rush hasn't demonstrated any animosity towards Eli at all that I can remember. In fact he always seems respectful and fond of him. He even apologized to him in Light for getting him on Destiny when he thought they were all going to die.

I don't remember the ascension comment that you spoke about. Even if Rush learns how to ascend how is that going to help his wife now?

True, Rush is actually pretty good with Eli, particularly in the early eps, but you can see his growing frustration and irritation. He gets quite annoyed with Eli in "Water" for example - for very good reason - Eli was being extremely irritating and completely useless during that crisis. Even TJ looked pissed off at him there. Surely you remember Rush yelling at Eli to grow up in that episode? And Rush has expressed the same frustration with Eli at other times as well. Eli's got a special talent and he's wasting it.

It just seemed to me that Rush's statement about Eli in "Human" was one of those things where those emotions have been simmering inside of him for a long time and it's only the context of the dreamscape that he can express them.

Regarding ascension -- that scene is from the episode "Time."

And yes, learning about ascension now won't help him save Gloria since she already died, but it might help him save someone else's Gloria. And it completes the mission he took on for her - he'll finish it because he feels that he owes it to her. It also means he will have fullfilled that promise to her, the one he makes to her over dinner, about how he can change so many things, even if he can't save her - she's telling him that he can do something important for mankind, even if he can't stop her from dying. So it has become a tribute to her memory, and - yes - an obsession, a way to cope with unbearable grief.

Blackhole
April 27th, 2010, 05:21 PM
True, Rush is actually pretty good with Eli, particularly in the early eps, but you can see his growing frustration and irritation. He gets quite annoyed with Eli in "Water" for example - for very good reason - Eli was being extremely irritating and completely useless during that crisis. Even TJ looked pissed off at him there. Surely you remember Rush yelling at Eli to grow up in that episode? And Rush has expressed the same frustration with Eli at other times as well. Eli's got a special talent and he's wasting it.

It just seemed to me that Rush's statement about Eli in "Human" was one of those things where those emotions have been simmering inside of him for a long time and it's only the context of the dreamscape that he can express them.

Regarding ascension -- that scene is from the episode "Time."

And yes, learning about ascension now won't help him save Gloria since she already died, but it might help him save someone else's Gloria. And it completes the mission he took on for her - he'll finish it because he feels that he owes it to her. It also means he will have fullfilled that promise to her, the one he makes to her over dinner, about how he can change so many things, even if he can't save her - she's telling him that he can do something important for mankind, even if he can't stop her from dying. So it has become a tribute to her memory, and - yes - an obsession, a way to cope with unbearable grief.

You are right about Water. Rush snapped at Eli and I agree I think Eli deserved it. He was panicking and he was overly alarming Young. I don’t remember any other instance where he treated Eli badly, even in later episodes when Eli had made the move to Young’s side.

It is hard to infer a character’s intent especially on SGU. Imo, Rush’s comment was more reflective of his frustration at himself for being unable to solve the current access code problem and his failure with the 9th chevron puzzle than resenting Eli genius. In Good Will Hunting I think the mathematics’s professor felt the same way about Matt Damon’s character. He was a little jealous of his phenomenal ability but was much more upset that he was wasting his talent. I agree with you that Rush probably felt the same way about Eli when he solved the problem. I would describe Rush’s feelings towards Eli as disappointment or dissatisfaction. Since then I think Eli has grown quite a bit on Destiny. He has shouldered a lot of responsibility and has worked very hard.

I saw a clip where Rush explains to Eli that the Ancients sent out Destiny as an experiment ages ago with the intent of gating to the ship a long while later. Rush went on to further explain that the Ancients ascended and that is why they never rejoined the ship. Rush also indicated that Ascension is when an individual evolves to leave his corporeal form behind and becomes pure energy. If this is the clip you are referencing to support your assertion that Rush’s intent to go to Destiny was to learn to ascend then I have to disagree with you. The ancients learned to ascend well after Destiny’s launch. Destiny isn’t going to have any information on it about Ascension. If Rush’s overriding goal was to learn how to ascend then he would have a much better chance of success going to Atlantis and studying their database. Rodney experimented with equipment helping one to ascend in the episode where he was accidentally turned into a super genius by an alien Ascension machine. If you remember he wanted to ascend to be able to retake human form to save his life.