PDA

View Full Version : Was that Riley?

Fridgefiend
April 23rd, 2010, 08:09 PM
When Scott was telling Young about the "sizeable spider" was that Riley operating the control panel?

I guess he's ok then? Good to know.

s09119
April 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
When Scott was telling Young about the "sizeable spider" was that Riley operating the control panel?

I guess he's ok then? Good to know.

Yes it was :D

Astria
April 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
It was Riley.

NormaN
April 23rd, 2010, 08:20 PM
Indeed.

DigiFluid
April 23rd, 2010, 08:23 PM
Hey Zelix: told you so ;):p

Pharaoh Atem
April 23rd, 2010, 08:49 PM
Yes it was :D

Week long party

Commander Zelix
April 23rd, 2010, 09:11 PM
RILEY IS BACK!!!!!

Next week strong ratings jump for SGU. My prediction 1.75 millions. Next after that: 1.822 millions. Tuesday night: 3.401 millions!

Hey Zelix: told you so ;):p
???

MattSilver 3k
April 23rd, 2010, 09:18 PM
RILEY!

Oh my beating heart, Riley is alive and well (For now).

DigiFluid
April 23rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Your "Life of Riley" thread :)

Commander Zelix
April 23rd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Your "Life of Riley" thread :)
I still think the kino are considered non-canon by the writers or they was some plot hole there. Riley being back doesn't change that but makes the show much more enjoyable!!

jelgate
April 23rd, 2010, 09:45 PM
I still think the kino are considered non-canon by the writers or they was some plot hole there. Riley being back doesn't change that but makes the show much more enjoyable!!

The KINO clips are considered to be canon. Although its not like they effect the show that much

_SocraticMethod
April 23rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
Yes it was!! :D

I wonder if they're going to explain anything about his recovery, or anything like that, or just sort of surreptitiously stick him back in...?

Fridgefiend
April 23rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Yes it was!! :D

I wonder if they're going to explain anything about his recovery, or anything like that, or just sort of surreptitiously stick him back in...?

maybe just a kino video or something of Eli welcoming him back?

MattSilver 3k
April 23rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
I'd say that the guy's been out of gate/stone duty since Earth, and has just been off recovering/lazing about. After a few months of that, Colonel Young found his secret hideaway, and the now-healed Riley has to go back to work, all grumpier than ever.

He's also appeared in two Kinosodes since his blow-up in Earth, for those wondering. Both can be found in the Kinosode thread - one has Riley explain the basics of a solar flare to Eli (In a post-Time Kinosode), and one has a prank war: Brody Vs Riley (WHO WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS?).

Linky: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/68303-Kino-SGU-Beyond-The-Episodes-Discussion-Spec-*Spoilers-S1*?p=11438742&viewfull=1#post11438742

Kino 18 and Kino 24 respectively.

Pharaoh Atem
April 23rd, 2010, 10:07 PM
it's great we lose bag but regain Riley

any_gopher
April 23rd, 2010, 10:33 PM
The prank war kinosode (the newest one as of now) is the best so far. It's absolutely hilarious.

_SocraticMethod
April 23rd, 2010, 10:46 PM
The prank war kinosode (the newest one as of now) is the best so far. It's absolutely hilarious.

LOL! By far!! It's classic! :D

Lahela
April 23rd, 2010, 10:51 PM
I gave a little Riley-squee when I saw him :D

Gollumpus
April 23rd, 2010, 11:13 PM
it's great we lose bag but regain Riley

Well, we can never lose BAG unless he chooses to be lost. However, we didn't have a Lisa Park this episode. Kinda' missed her.

regards,
G.

pipi
April 24th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Riley.. Who's he. Didn't register in my mind, got better things to watch.

PG15
April 24th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Maybe it was me, but he sounded a bit softer - almost weaker in this episode.

It fits with his recent injuries.

But anyway, WOOHOO RILEY!! :D

EllieVee
April 24th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Oh yay, Riley's back. I mean, I saw the kinosode but he's in the episode. Happy that I decided to revert to spoilerwhoredom.

Billz
April 24th, 2010, 04:35 AM
Riley.. Who's he. Didn't register in my mind, got better things to watch.

Riley is basically SGU's version of Walter from SG-1 or SGA's Chuck (AKA Chucknition)

UniverseSizePlotHole
April 24th, 2010, 07:12 AM
In the best episode to mention it Jeremy Franklin/Mark Burgess is still out, in the meantime Riley returns. I guess he's rostered to game of Bridge unti TPTB need you LOL

MattSilver 3k
April 24th, 2010, 07:15 AM
In the best episode to mention it Jeremy Franklin/Mark Burgess is still out, in the meantime Riley returns. I guess he's rostered to game of Bridge unti TPTB need you LOL

They did mention Franklin sitting in the chair, in a very past tense. No news is no news. Twenty bucks on him dying unceremoniously, which is kinda deserved.

And plus, let us make a big deal out of Riley. We haven't seen him since Earth (Kinosodes aside), and his hero moment in Earth kinda topped Franklin deciding that he was sick of Becker's mashed potatoes and wanted to lose some weight by vomiting himself thin after seizing on the chair.

UniverseSizePlotHole
April 24th, 2010, 07:27 AM
And plus, let us make a big deal out of Riley. We haven't seen him since Earth (Kinosodes aside), and his hero moment in Earth kinda topped Franklin deciding that he was sick of Becker's mashed potatoes and wanted to lose some weight by vomiting himself thin after seizing on the chair.

Riley isn't trying to outdo Danny now is he?
1. Get whacked about in an Ancient Spacecuit - check!
2. Die, ascend, come back
3. Profit!

MattSilver 3k
April 24th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Riley isn't trying to outdo Danny now is he?
1. Get zapped in an Ancient Spacecuit - check!
2. Die, ascend, come back
3. Profit!

Heh. Sad to say, I think Riley'll go the way of Grodin by the end of the season...

Chloe, on the other hand, what with her slight archaeological knowledge ("Stratigraphy!"), has all the makings of a Die-Ascend-Return-Profit scheme. Eli'll be her numbers man as they work their scheme.

Gollumpus
April 24th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Riley.. Who's he.

This guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_of_riley

regards,
G.

rsanchez
April 24th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Riley being back is good and all, but what happened to Franklin?? If Rush felt he needed to get in the chair, it must not have ended well for Franklin.

Lahela
April 24th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Riley being back is good and all, but what happened to Franklin?? If Rush felt he needed to get in the chair, it must not have ended well for Franklin.

As far as we know (as mentioned in Faith) Franklin is still in the infirmary, presumably still in a coma.

Egle01
April 24th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hopefully he'll say something sarcastic soon. Love his sense of humor. :D

Blackhole
April 24th, 2010, 02:22 PM
He survived!

the fifth man
April 24th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Nice to see Riley back in action.

General Jumper One
April 24th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I didn't like Franklin anyway.

rimorob
April 24th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Good to see him up and about.

General Jumper One, I love your sig.

stargator87
April 25th, 2010, 12:12 AM
General Jumper One, I love your sig.

Seconded! :lol:

The Swarm
April 26th, 2010, 03:06 AM
WTH, since when do spiders have teeth!?!?

Anyway im soooo glad that Riley is back in action!!!

Camasi
April 26th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Well i guess spiders on that world do have crazy teeth. It is not like Earth is the mecca and reference for all life in the universe lol.

An-Alteran
April 26th, 2010, 06:55 PM
What happened to Riley?

Why was he gone?

jelgate
April 26th, 2010, 07:15 PM
What happened to Riley?

Why was he gone?
Well he was caught in that explosion in Earth

MattSilver 3k
April 26th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Smacked his head, lots of blood, TJ saying, "It'll be touch and go" or something like that.

This being a show about continuity within itself, keeping him away for a time to recover was a good thing to do.

Pharaoh Atem
April 26th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Smacked his head, lots of blood, TJ saying, "It'll be touch and go" or something like that.

This being a show about continuity within itself, keeping him away for a time to recover was a good thing to do.

but riley didn't seem 100% which is good

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 28th, 2010, 05:27 AM
That Kino was priceless. However, you aren't going to convince me that wasn't Riley's evil twin face hugging baby replacement. It is known.

An-Alteran
April 28th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Oh. The one where the power conduit busted?
He was in an Ancient Iron-Man Suit! He was fine. :P