• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northwest Passage (221)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    NORTHWEST PASSAGE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 221

Peter finds himself in the middle of a murder investigation after a small-town waitress turns up dead, evidently at the hands of Thomas Jerome Newton. In Boston, Walter struggles to maintain his independence without his son.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 December 2013, 01:10 PM.

A pretty solid episode, but after last week's ridiculousness I think any regular episode would have seemed great. And of course they reveal the worst kept secret of who the Secretary from the other side is.
    sigpic

Comment

Very good episode! I'm very happy that Fringe is back in its true fringey form. Very good episode. At the end I was expecting Walter to walk in with Olivia...instead we got...
      Spoiler:
      Walternate!!
      sigpic

Comment

Haha I totally called that one back when "Peter" aired! I knew...
        Spoiler:
        ...Walternate will come over eventually and that he's been the one behind plotting the "war of the worlds"!

Anyway it was nice to see a Peter-centirc ep, great performances as always.

Spoiler:
        I wonder what that device that makes all those strange sounds is all about...
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

It probably the same thing Walter was trying to build, maybe a side effect of it's scanning is it interferes with Peter's hearing.

Glad it didn't take long to reveal the worst kept secret though

Comment

Very good episode IMO. Yeah, I knew it would be Walternate at the end there, but it was still cool to see. I can't wait to see the two Walters face-off against one another.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If nothing else, this episode demonstrates the importance of knowing what you're eating, even if it is delicious strawberry flavored death.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Seems so tame after last week's episode.

So things are back to normal eh... Gruesome deaths, real dead bodies and AU characters.

Can't wait for the next episode to see how it all ends up for Peter.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                  Seems so tame after last week's episode.

So things are back to normal eh... Gruesome deaths, real dead bodies and AU characters.

Can't wait for the next episode to see how it all ends up for Peter.
                  Which side will he choose?
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Which side will he choose?
                    It's an interesting question and I'm sure he'll be torn between two worlds. But our world is what he has known and lived in most of his life and that will count for something.
                    However, if does go over to the other side, it could still be interesting story telling... and we could have a better idea of what's been going on in the bleaker alt universe.
                    What I want to know is why the Observers thought it was so important for Peter to be around. It's amusing that they call him "the boy". I guess for them, he will always be a boy.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                      It's an interesting question and I'm sure he'll be torn between two worlds. But our world is what he has known and lived in most of his life and that will count for something.
                      However, if does go over to the other side, it could still be interesting story telling... and we could have a better idea of what's been going on in the bleaker alt universe.
                      What I want to know is why the Observers thought it was so important for Peter to be around. It's amusing that they call him "the boy". I guess for them, he will always be a boy.
                      I don't see him going to the other side. They killed all those innocent people to get to him, I doubt he will be happy about that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep, he'll suddenly figure out why his memories of his childhood and that of Walter's never matched (Walter always remembering the little things like the coin flipping - Peter's memories were different in that he didn't remember his dad being around but mum taught him to flip the coin), then it'll dawn on him that his real dad is behind all these people's deaths, and he'll side with our side - this is maybe what the Observers mean when they say that he is important, perhaps if Peter rejects Walternate, they go back to their proper reality and the rift/door/collision becomes more stable/avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                          I don't see him going to the other side. They killed all those innocent people to get to him, I doubt he will be happy about that.
                          In the end, I do think that very thing will sway Peter. The lengths "his" side went to in order to accomplish their goals.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            In the end, I do think that very thing will sway Peter. The lengths "his" side went to in order to accomplish their goals.
                            IDK if his side went through much...I mean they didn't find him until he's in his 30s
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              IDK if his side went through much...I mean they didn't find him until he's in his 30s
                              No, I mean all the horrible acts they committed just in order to find him. For payback.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X