• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Man From the Other Side (219)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    THE MAN FROM THE OTHER SIDE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 219

A team of shape-shifters arrive to help Thomas Jerome Newton enact a new plan to bring something -- or someone -- over from the other universe, while Walter examines an undeveloped shape-shifter embryo.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 December 2013, 08:31 PM.

Another good episode, but from the start of it I could see the foreshadowing that Peter would find out the truth on his own. What do you guys think Peter will do?
    sigpic

Comment

A wonderful episode on so many levels... wow... so rich in irony. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Fringe is just one of the best things on television right now. Quite superb in its build up and execution and so potent with drama. Good storytelling combined with great acting.

Peter calling Walter "Dad" was such a poignant moment, and quite heartbreaking in light of what happens later.
      I really wish Walter had told Peter the truth himself. Peter would've been angry but be better informed. I doubt Peter will stay away for long and as the Observer has hinted at in the past, he has a part in how things play out in the end.

And yeah, I'm definitely backing the calls for John Noble to be getting an Emmy... He is quite brilliant, wonderfully brilliant and deserves a whole swag of awards. He's taken Walter to a different level this season. His face consistently speaks a thousand words. But this is scifi and scifi doesn't get much respect in these kinds of awards.

And I think we all can guess who The Secretary is...
      Last edited by Easter Lily; 23 April 2010, 06:41 PM.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
        And I think we all can guess who The Secretary is...
        Yup pretty sure its

Spoiler:
        Walternate

But the question that still hasn't been answered in all this. Why is Peter so special?

The observers saved him because he has a major part to play in what is to come. Of course we don't know what it is but it seems like everything leads back to the same question about Peter.
        sigpic

Comment

This episode was just spectacular. Definitely one of this season's finest yet. Such a sad ending, especially with how close Walter and Peter were getting as of late. When Peter called Walter "Dad" in that one scene, I almost teared up a bit, knowing what would probably happen later. I just hope Peter can find it in his heart to forgive Walter, or at least hear him out.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post

But the question that still hasn't been answered in all this. Why is Peter so special?

The observers saved him because he has a major part to play in what is to come. Of course we don't know what it is but it seems like everything leads back to the same question about Peter.
            Ah well, they can't possibly answer all the questions too soon. Where would be the fun in that? They need to build the suspense and keep the interest going.
            But we're getting answers... slowly but surely...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Fantastic episode. I just love this show.

I'm pretty sure the secretary is
              Spoiler:
              Walternate as well, which would make sense. I imagine after Peter disappeared he did everything in his power to try and find him again. And of course is Walter could build a bridge, so could Walternate
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the secretary is definitely Walternate.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Good episode, better than the last two in my opinion. The last two were a bit stale to me. I liked the end where Peter just had his heart ripped out, sort of. He worked it out for himself. Wonder what plans the other side have now. One thing I really would like to know is who are the observers, or what are they. They seem immortal and I think one of them crossed over? They're just so mysterious. I want to know what their role is. It's ironic that they are responsible for making people have those special roles. They sort of nudge the special roles peoples so essentially it starts with them. Just very curious about them.

Comment

Excellent! I loved the episode!
                    sigpic

Comment

Yup pretty sure its

Spoiler:
                      Walternate

Or maybe it's
                      Spoiler:
                      Mrs Walternate
                      but I'm pretty sure it's the former.

Perhaps Peter is the answer to stopping the two worlds colliding.

Comment

Loved it!! I'm VERY worried about Walter now, he's in a fragile state, and if the Secretary is who we think it is, Peter will side with him and potentially gang up against Walter and Fringe division. We're really going to find out what lengths each man will go to. This is going to be epic!
                        sigpic

Comment

And who do we think the secretary is?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            And who do we think the secretary is?
                            Well, they wouldn't conceal the Secretary's face unless we know who the character is, so my guess is that they're either Walternate or William Bell. (Or possibly Alternate William Bell, but I doubt it, simply as we haven't seen much of William Bell as it is, it'd be pointless to introduce his double).

But I'm leaning more towards Walternate, as William Bell doesn't seem to be that "evil" and can apparantly cross the Universes without going to such extreme lengths (Getting ove tho the AU in the first place, bringing Olivia there and back, compared to the use of Changlings, Egg things, Triangle Phase thingies, etc).

I'm slightly inclined to believe that William Bell is working with the Observers, simply due to his advanced technology, and general disinterest in the story, besides warning Olivia of the Boss-Changling.

Comment

You're kind of overlooking the differences between the two worlds we saw in the 1980's episode, Walternate did nothing but work to find the cure, while Walter always went home when needed and was there when Peter died, Walter taught Peter to flip the coin here, but it was his mum that taught AltPeter to flip it there.

The hand that raised at the end of the episode didn't really, to me, look Male, but then surely wouldn't the guy have said "Madam Secretary?" Going on what we saw in the 1980's episode, AltMum would be more obsessed with getting here to get Peter back, Walternate would just shrug his shoulders and say tough titty.

However, they have said we will meet Walternate again (I think it was John Noble in an interview said it) so I'm pretty sure it's him, although I have this niggling feeling we may get a surprise and it not be him.

I also think William Bell went there to "replace" Peter, like the building did in an earlier episode and their car did when they were experiementing etc. so it's likely he can't come back (which would tie in nicely with the last interview with Nimoy I read which he said he didn't want to carry on playing the character).

Comment

Working...
                              X