Luke Cage (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luke Cage (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Marvel to make movies of Dr. Strange, Luke Cage...the Dazzler??

That's the report on CHUD:

Marvel Studios is currently taking meetings with writers and directors to work on small scale movies based on some of their third tier characters. The movies would cost in the range of 20 to 40 million dollars (very small when we're talking studio films) and would allow them to take risks with less obvious characters and with interesting talent.

Filmmakers are being offered their pick of characters whose names are only familiar to comic fans. Properties like Dr. Strange, Ka-Zar, Luke Cage, Dazzler and Power Pack are among the many that are being tossed around right now. And the attitude seems to be that Marvel is open to bringing any of their characters to the screen at the right price point. ...

Who knows what will be the first small film announced; Marvel has been meeting with people for some time now, and I don't think they're going to wait for The Avengers to be released before they start planning the next phase. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller film was being developed alongside The Avengers.

http://scifiwire.com/2010/04/marvel-...-movies-of.php

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...g-forward.html

'Luke Cage' film moving forward?

Rumours that Marvel Studios is moving forward with its proposed Luke Cage movie have emerged.

According to the Los Angeles Times, an unnamed actor has entered preliminary negotiations to portray the superhero.

"There's more talk under way about putting the urban hero into his own film and that a notable Hollywood star is now having [very] preliminary talks with Marvel Studios about the property and its potential," the report read.

R&B singer Tyrese Gibson has previously been linked with the lead role and John Singleton with the director's chair. It is unknown whether Gibson is the "notable Hollywood star" in question.

Marvel previously outlined plans to bring its second and third-tier heroes to the big screen in low-budget outings. Luke Cage was one of the names dropped when the announcement was made.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really can't imagine a movie with Luke Cage that didn't costar the Iron Fist. 'Power Man and Iron Fist' is too perfect to not commit to film, but adapting from the titular series would be ill-advised. My affection for the duo stems from reading 'The Immortal Iron Fist,' particularly when they are reflecting on the heyday of their partnership. I'm not familiar enough with their histories to recommend an arc suitable for film adaptation, unfortunately. Adapting an 'Immortal Iron Fist' story for a film of the duo would be awkward, as that story doesn't pivot around the two of them
      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
      Caboose: They could be worse?
      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I really don't know much about Luke Cage beyond what I've learned from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 lol

That said though, I'm always up for seeing the Marvel film universe expanded.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I really don't know much about Luke Cage beyond what I've learned from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 lol

That said though, I'm always up for seeing the Marvel film universe expanded.
          Haha, me too....Luke Cage seems to be another mini-Hulk character.

Comment

Marvel Planning On Introducing New Characters With Short Films?

Latino Review has an exclusive report on their site which claims that Marvel Studios are planning on bringing even more of their characters into the movie universe they started with Iron Man by using a series of 10 minute short movies to be shown in front of their upcoming feature length films. Whether this will happen as soon as next year with Thor and The First Avenger: Captain America is unclear but below is an excerpt from the site that indicates it's a plan that's already in motion:

"Got a scoop from a well trusted source that Marvel/Disney are looking at doing 10 minute short films in front of their feature length movies that will introduce secondary characters like Black Panther, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, etc."

"I have no other information on this. Such as what movie they plan on starting this with (Avengers maybe?) or what character(s) they plan on introducing first."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19277

Comment

That's a pretty neat idea, to be honest. Like Pixar and how they show short films before their blockbusters.

Comment

^ i like those Pixar short stories

From what ive seen in the comics of Luke Cage im not impressed, but good for his fans Ive only seen him in a few Avengers titles and from playing MUA 2

A Ka-zar film would be pretty good, atleast it would be set in the Savage Land, could feature the X-men or the Avengers
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                X