April 22nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
Tough call. I can think of a few brilliant series finales:

Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica (RDM)
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars
The Sopranos
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

I think I'd give it to The Sopranos, personally.

SaberBlade
April 22nd, 2010, 07:41 AM
I'd have to say, and people will probably completely disagree... Space: Above and Beyond.

Never has a final episode gotten me so pissed off, annoyed, upset and left with such an impact as it's finale episode.

MattSilver 3k
April 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
I was a huge fan of Angel's, as one of the few who both understood and loved the way it ended. Though Farscape is up there too.

reddevil18
April 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
The Shield. Easily.

Callista
April 22nd, 2010, 08:53 AM
Newhart. 100%!!!

Linda06
April 22nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
I would have to say Farscape: The Peacekeeper wars or Star Trek DS9 :D

shipper hannah
April 22nd, 2010, 09:10 AM
Life on Mars (UK, of course).

s09119
April 22nd, 2010, 09:13 AM
Bsg

Battlestar Galactica

I'm sorry, are we voting for worst series finale ever? :P

But in all seriousness, my vote goes to Babylon 5.

Captain Yesterday
April 22nd, 2010, 10:35 AM
Mortal Kombat Conquest had one of the best endings to a tv show I have seen.

DigiFluid
April 22nd, 2010, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry, are we voting for worst series finale ever? :P

Mortal Kombat Conquest had one of the best endings to a tv show I have seen.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1371/1240265992468.jpg (http://img519.imageshack.us/i/1240265992468.jpg/)

Captain Yesterday
April 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1371/1240265992468.jpg (http://img519.imageshack.us/i/1240265992468.jpg/)
Haha I take it you weren't a fan? I thought Shao Khan ultimately winning in the end and killing off all the major characters one by one before finally defeating Raiden was brilliant. I didn't expect it. Also, this series featured a lot of semi naked sexy women.

reddevil18
April 22nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Also, this series featured a lot of semi naked sexy women.Well, if that ain't reason enough, I don't know what is.

Linda06
April 22nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Haha I take it you weren't a fan? I thought Shao Khan ultimately winning in the end and killing off all the major characters one by one before finally defeating Raiden was brilliant. I didn't expect it. Also, this series featured a lot of semi naked sexy women.

Ah thank you. I forgot how it ended. :D

Ukko
April 22nd, 2010, 11:18 AM

I mentioned this in another thread a little while back. I thought it was an awesome ending too:D
Yay bad guys!

aboleyn24
April 22nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Buffy

jelgate
April 22nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
Nothing tops DS9 finale.

/thread

magictrick
April 22nd, 2010, 07:01 PM
Seinfeld

It is cool but the only thing is that ending happened out of pure fluke, since they were planning to completely reverse everything in the 2nd season. The series got cancelled though so the season one finale became the series finale.

rarocks24
April 22nd, 2010, 07:43 PM
I'ma go with Star Trek: Voyager personally.

Pharaoh Atem
April 22nd, 2010, 07:45 PM
power rangers

WingedPegasus
April 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
I'ma go with Star Trek: Voyager personally.

Seconded. I wish we'd seen a bit more, of course, but at least they got home. (And in epic fashion, too.)

DigiFluid
April 22nd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Voyager?!

Oh, lord....that was an embarassingly bad series finale for a series that was already lousy to begin with.

jelgate
April 22nd, 2010, 08:18 PM
Concidentally I rate the series finale of Voyager in about the same area of series finale of TNG. They were both in simliar fashions.

Pharaoh Atem
April 22nd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Seconded. I wish we'd seen a bit more, of course, but at least they got home. (And in epic fashion, too.)

indeed and left the borg in ruins

Replicator Todd
April 28th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I honestly haven't seen any series finales to say anything. There is so much I haven't seen. But if David Tennant's last episode of Doctor Who counts(The End of Time), then thats my choice for now until I see more stuff!

DigiFluid
April 28th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Concidentally I rate the series finale of Voyager in about the same area of series finale of TNG. They were both in simliar fashions.
Blasphemy.

Nikki
April 29th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Charmed :)

jelgate
April 29th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Blasphemy.

Its true. Look at how to both used time travel to "fix" the future.

DigiFluid
April 29th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Its true. Look at how to both used time travel to "fix" the future.
But TNG didn't use time travel to "fix" the future. "All Good Things" was a set of circumstances puppeted by Q in order to open Picard's mind to the greater possibilities of existence. "Endgame" was just a retarded deus ex machina to get the ship home.

jelgate
April 29th, 2010, 12:48 PM
But TNG didn't use time travel to "fix" the future. "All Good Things" was a set of circumstances puppeted by Q in order to open Picard's mind to the greater possibilities of existence. "Endgame" was just a retarded deus ex machina to get the ship home.

An anaomly Q created that damanges time that Picard and Enterprise had to solve. Time travel in Voyager used time travel just in reverse. Instead of time to solve the problem (like TNG) Voyager used time travel to cause the problem. I would be hesistant to call the Borg hub a deus ex machina since their was an episode building up to it. A real deus ex machina happen within the last 5 minutes

DigiFluid
April 29th, 2010, 02:01 PM
I was referring more to the "we still have x number of years to get home but hey, here comes Captain 2 Packs A Day from the future to rescue us!"

Cold Fuzz
April 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Deep Space 9 and Babylon 5

jelgate
April 29th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I was referring more to the "we still have x number of years to get home but hey, here comes Captain 2 Packs A Day from the future to rescue us!"

That is not a deus ex machine. Especially since scienc fiction has always enabled that timeline can diverge in many directions

DigiFluid
April 29th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Oh please, it is so. Seven years of slowly making their way home, and a fantastic circumstance happens just in time for the finale.

jelgate
April 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Oh please, it is so. Seven years of slowly making their way home, and a fantastic circumstance happens just in time for the finale.

If that is a deus ex machina then the Dakara device from SG1 is also a deus ex machina since both resolved a major arc.

Anyway their both not deus ex machina since both weren't introduced at the climax to quickly solve the problems. We could agree they are major plot devices but the fact that their was rising action points that its not a deus ex machina

DigiFluid
April 29th, 2010, 05:01 PM
If that is a deus ex machina then the Dakara device from SG1 is also a deus ex machina since both resolved a major arc.

Anyway their both not deus ex machina since both weren't introduced at the climax to quickly solve the problems. We could agree they are major plot devices but the fact that their was rising action points that its not a deus ex machina
Um, I think you just shot yourself in the foot. "Reckoning" was awesome, but the Dakara device was most certainly a plot deus ex machina.

jelgate
April 29th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Um, I think you just shot yourself in the foot. "Reckoning" was awesome, but the Dakara device was most certainly a plot deus ex machina.

I don't see it that way. I see a deus ex machine as a remarkable unexplainable solution at the climax of the story to solve the plot. For the other two their was a buildup to the "supertechnology" making a plot device but not a deus ex machina

Teslan
April 29th, 2010, 05:29 PM

Wow, am I to take it that you aren't a fan of Janeway? :p

I don't see it that way. I see a deus ex machine as a remarkable unexplainable solution at the climax of the story to solve the plot. For the other two their was a buildup to the "supertechnology" making a plot device but not a deus ex machina

Yes, by definition it has to be a last minute solution. Although in both situations (from what I recall) I would say that the supertech was too "super" to begin with. But it isn't as if the writers didn't bring it up beforehand.

Anyway, "Endgame" is not the best series finale so we shouldn't be having this debate here. Best season finale would probably be "Newhart" (the series was pretty dull, but that last one was nicely done) or "Cowboy Bebop". There was no other option for Spike, I guess, but that didn't lessen the final impression.

Pharaoh Atem
April 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Ds9

jelgate
April 29th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Yes, by definition it has to be a last minute solution. Although in both situations (from what I recall) I would say that the supertech was too "super" to begin with. But it isn't as if the writers didn't bring it up beforehand.

As long as we agree thier not deus ex machina. It may have been too supertech but that is science fiction for you. Crazy super tech

Anyway, "Endgame" is not the best series finale so we shouldn't be having this debate here. Best season finale would probably be "Newhart" (the series was pretty dull, but that last one was nicely done) or "Cowboy Bebop". There was no other option for Spike, I guess, but that didn't lessen the final impression.

Was never saying the Endgame was the best series finale just noting how simliar it is to All Good Things...I still stand by DS9 had the best series finale.

MIZA
April 29th, 2010, 11:55 PM
As long as we agree thier not deus ex machina. It may have been too supertech but that is science fiction for you. Crazy super tech

Was never saying the Endgame was the best series finale just noting how simliar it is to All Good Things...I still stand by DS9 had the best series finale.

i definitely agree i did not like STng finale i liked DS9, however i really liked enterprise but there finale really was awful too

Morbo
May 9th, 2010, 02:02 PM
M*A*S*H

77% of people watching TV that night, were watching the finale. More than half the country. Not to mention it was a great episode/finale in its own right.

The end.

lordofseas
May 9th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Monk.

Morbo
May 9th, 2010, 02:11 PM
:jack_new_anime06:

Rickington
May 9th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Monk.

I would have to agree, the circle of the mystery surrounding Adrian's life (his wife's death/murder) finally comes to a close. :)