PDA

View Full Version : TJ(Tamara Johansen)/Everett Young ship/appreciation thread

Pages : [1] 2

rien
April 21st, 2010, 12:37 PM
There is already a thread discussing the impact of the TJ/Young relationship here, http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/70459-TJ(Tamara-Johansen)-Everett-Young-Impact-Speculation-Discussion-*Spoilers!*, but since that is a discussion thread and not a shipper thread, something mentioned in the opening post by Jper who started that thread, I thought that I would go ahead and start a ship/appreciation thread for them :)

I really like this pairing as they obviously still care about each other. I'm not completely sold on the pregnancy storyline since I think it would have been better suited to the Vanessa James character but I'm willing to give it a chance. Who knows maybe it will bring them back together. What do other people think of this pairing?

poundpuppy29
April 21st, 2010, 02:27 PM
I am interested in this ship

amz_123
April 22nd, 2010, 01:40 AM
Yay, a ship thread *cheers*
LJ Comm pimping :D TJ/Young Shippers (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young)

rien
April 23rd, 2010, 02:06 AM
It doesnt seem like there are many people interested in this pairing which is a shame cause imo they have more chemistry and believability than some others. Maybe when we've reached the end of season one and been able to see how this whole pregnancy thing works out people might be more interasted in discussing/appreciating them. Either that or they'll hate them considering the reaction to past stargate pregnancies.

MattSilver 3k
April 23rd, 2010, 02:18 AM
I love the two of them separately. As a couple, they could grow on me. Honestly, when I first read the breakdowns, I learnt Young was a married guy, and then it mentioned TJ being close to him or somesuch. I imagined a very close working friendship between the two, so the affair/couple-y thing sorta threw me through a little loop when I realised that was the direction things were going.

Like I said, this ship could really grow on me as time goes by. Like rein notes, there's a bit of care between the two, and I think Young's enough of a good guy to be there for her now thanks to the pregnancy. If said pregnancy turns bad, I'm curious as to wonder if they'll stick together afterwards as comfort. If pregnancy turns good and comes to term, I'm then curious if they'll still manage to stick it out. I'll personally root for them, but this show being a little downer-ish, it wouldn't surprise if bad tidings comes to these two - couple or not.

amz_123
April 23rd, 2010, 04:05 AM
I don't think many people really picked up on the relationship as a relationship in the beginning, I think as it progresses and esp now since the pregnancy's been revealed, when they handle that, I think it'll perhaps attract more people.

poundpuppy29
April 23rd, 2010, 01:27 PM
I think things will pick up now just a feeling

rien
April 23rd, 2010, 03:58 PM
I've always seen them as being a probable couple from the first episode probably cause I'm a bit of a spoiler junkie which actually works in my favour cause for some reason I keep reading the transcripts rather than watch the episodes. It's a bad habit I got into.

But anyway due to my spoiler junkieness I kinda found out about the Young/TJ affair thing before I had even got round to watching/reading the first episode so I was biased from the beginning. But I can understand why other viewers would have seen their relationship as something that was over and done with what with Young trying to get back with his wife but in my mind his marriage wont work simply because there is too much distance between him and emily, both physical and emotional. TJ seems much better suited to him and its obvious they still care about one another very much.

amz_123
April 24th, 2010, 01:44 AM
I've always seen them as being a probable couple from the first episode probably cause I'm a bit of a spoiler junkie which actually works in my favour cause for some reason I keep reading the transcripts rather than watch the episodes. It's a bad habit I got into.

But anyway due to my spoiler junkieness I kinda found out about the Young/TJ affair thing before I had even got round to watching/reading the first episode so I was biased from the beginning. But I can understand why other viewers would have seen their relationship as something that was over and done with what with Young trying to get back with his wife but in my mind his marriage wont work simply because there is too much distance between him and emily, both physical and emotional. TJ seems much better suited to him and its obvious they still care about one another very much.

Yeah that was pretty much me too. Well I picked up the vibe from the pilot and had seen the promo of with their make out so then I tracked down all the spoilers re them.

rien
April 26th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know which episode it is that TJ tells Young about her carrying his child? My sieve like brain has forgotten yet again

MattSilver 3k
April 27th, 2010, 02:36 AM
Does anyone know which episode it is that TJ tells Young about her carrying his child? My sieve like brain has forgotten yet again

This week's. Lost.

Kermee
April 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'm not usually a shipper, but when I saw Young and TJ together on screen...WOW! Can't wait 'til he finds out he is the "baby daddy" to TJ's child.:love:

amz_123
April 28th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I'm can't wait this week lol, I'm so excited for Fringe's musical ep (which I'll get on Friday) and the 'baby daddy' scene for SGU (on Saturday, I live in Australia lol). Whenever I think of them I'm like seriously bouncing.

Cory Holmes
April 28th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Can't wait 'til he finds out he is the "baby daddy" to TJ's child.:love:

Given the tone of the show, and the almost-certanty that this is a deconstruction of Jack'n'Sam from SG-1, I doubt this will go over well :)

gatefanjo-m
April 28th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Good point. I hadn't even thought to relate it back to the Sam/Jack relationship.
I'm very interested to see how the baby-reveal goes. I hope it's not public, it'd be the perfect chance to have a great scene between them.

poundpuppy29
April 28th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I can't wait either please be private then everybody will gossip about it

Cory Holmes
April 28th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I can't wait either please be private then everybody will gossip about it
This is Destiny. I imagine with such a very small population, the rumour mill must work triple-overtime :D

rien
April 28th, 2010, 04:51 PM
well TJ already told chloe though whether she told her who the father was is uncertain. Scott managed to figure out for himself who the father is but he's a lot better at keeping secrets than chloe so unless chloe blabs then the secrets probably safe until TJ ends up in a situation that is dangerous for pregnant women but okay for normal humans and has to come clean, or until she starts to show, whichever comes first.

Of course Wray will probably jump immediately to the conclusion that Young is the father as soon as she hears bout TJ being with child. she was suspicious about something going on between the two in that flashback of TJ in one of the Air episodes.

As for Young he seems like the kind who would face up to that kinda responcibility though he may need time to process this unexpected piece of info. I dont think hes gonna go psycho on her. I just hope he doesnt ask whether its possible to get rid of it cause that would be awkward.

Cory Holmes
April 28th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Of course Wray will probably jump immediately to the conclusion that Young is the father as soon as she hears bout TJ being with child. she was suspicious about something going on between the two in that flashback of TJ in one of the Air episodes.

As for Young he seems like the kind who would face up to that kinda responcibility though he may need time to process this unexpected piece of info. I dont think hes gonna go psycho on her. I just hope he doesnt ask whether its possible to get rid of it cause that would be awkward.

I'm not sure if Wray specifically mentioned Young during her discussion with TJ, but I agree that she probably suspected something. As for how TJ would react to Wray's accusation would be interesting, since their relationship has been strained ever since Wray attempted to take over.

And I highly doubt Young would ask for a way to get rid of the baby just for convience. He turned down the Icarus command because he felt too responsible for people's lives and didn't want to be the one to send them to their deaths anymore; plus he wouldn't leave Scott behind on the ice planet. What I wonder, though, is if he would publiclly acknolwedge the baby as being his. TJ has already shown she wants to keep the father's identity a secret, but how will Young deal with it?

amz_123
April 30th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Australian Promo for "Lost" shows TJ talking to Young saying "I need to tell you something"

Joe Mallozzi's blog (re: ship wide preggers knowlegde)
Lisa R. writes: “So, will more people find out about TJ’s pregnancy soon?”

Answer: Yep. Shipboard baby shower scene upcoming. Riley’s present is the highlight.

rien
May 4th, 2010, 05:43 AM
And I highly doubt Young would ask for a way to get rid of the baby just for convience. He turned down the Icarus command because he felt too responsible for people's lives and didn't want to be the one to send them to their deaths anymore; plus he wouldn't leave Scott behind on the ice planet. What I wonder, though, is if he would publiclly acknolwedge the baby as being his. TJ has already shown she wants to keep the father's identity a secret, but how will Young deal with it?

I didnt really think he would ask her that either as so far he seems the kind of guy who is responsible and does the right thing but imo some of the writing during the first half of sgu was more soap opera than drama. The writing during the second half is greatly improved partly because they've found a balance between the drama/action but also because the writers appear to have improved at writing drama. Though to be fair I thought the whole TJ/Young relationship was handled well from the start, it was more the chloe/scott and emily/young relations that seemed unreal at least to me.

From what we saw in Lost, well it looks like young may need a little time for this latest piece of news to properly sink in but he doesnt seem to be reacting badly. Maybe in the next episode we might get to see how Young is handling this turn of events.

stargazer
May 4th, 2010, 05:19 PM
I'm excited about this ship. I like the two characters and think they have some chemistry together. I'm anxious to see how this pregnancy thing works out.

rien
May 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM
i am kinda hoping that a baby will bring the two back together, maybe not straight away but after a couple years floating round space aboard that tin can called destiny, by which time youngs wife will have come to her senses and dumped him, they can quietly get back together :-)

It only took weir/janeway a year or two for their respective love interests back on earth to move on hopefully emily will follow this pattern, realising that being married to a guy stuck on a spaceship a gazillion lightyears away with little chance of getting home who she only occasionally gets to see when he posseses other people is just not gonna work out long term :p I really want emily to break up with young and get together with some cute co-worker cause then hes single through no fault of his own and wont have to feel guilt if he gets back with TJ.

Cory Holmes
May 4th, 2010, 06:41 PM
then hes single through no fault of his own and wont have to feel guilt if he gets back with TJ.

This is Young we're talking about here. He'll feel guilty about anything involving TJ :)

rien
May 4th, 2010, 07:08 PM
thats true in which case we will just have to erase emily from existence then he wont have to feel guilty about anything :)

...except of course the whole fraternising with fellow military personnel doh!

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 7th, 2010, 12:00 PM
This is Young we're talking about here. He'll feel guilty about anything involving TJ :)

true, he'll brood anout it :)

rien
May 7th, 2010, 04:04 PM
but the fact that he does brood about stuff and TJ is one of the people that he seems to confide in is part of what makes their relationship work :-)

unfortunately having TJ as his confidant may prove problematic as they are not in a good situation onboard destiny and this news was unexpected so its understandable for Young to have doubts and concerns about the baby but expressing these to TJ would probably cause a misunderstanding or some such. I wonder if he will find another confidant or probably just brood endlessly for the rest of the series.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 7th, 2010, 05:00 PM
but the fact that he does brood about stuff and TJ is one of the people that he seems to confide in is part of what makes their relationship work :-)

unfortunately having TJ as his confidant may prove problematic as they are not in a good situation onboard destiny and this news was unexpected so its understandable for Young to have doubts and concerns about the baby but expressing these to TJ would probably cause a misunderstanding or some such. I wonder if he will find another confidant or probably just brood endlessly for the rest of the series.

I don't see him as sharing that burden, and definitely not with TJ. If he shared with anyone, i think it would be someone on the military side

Cory Holmes
May 7th, 2010, 05:29 PM

I disagree. Episodes like Earth proved that while TJ is still clinging to the personal nature of their affair, Young was trying his level best to keep it professional and stay true to his wife. Not that he doesn't want to confide in her (one look at his face proves that) but he just wouldn't open up to her.

I don't see him as sharing that burden, and definitely not with TJ. If he shared with anyone, i think it would be someone on the military side
I don't think he'd share this burden with anyone. He rejected TJ's offer for help in Earth, he refused to let Greer et al start a mutiny during Wray's show trial in Justice, he wouldn't tell Scott about why he quit as an SG team leader in Water...

Young seems to be ruled by his passions, for love or anger regardless, but he doesn't seem to be one to share that side of him with others. For all his emotional outbursts, he's quite the private man.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 7th, 2010, 06:50 PM

I don't think he'd share this burden with anyone. He rejected TJ's offer for help in Earth, he refused to let Greer et al start a mutiny during Wray's show trial in Justice, he wouldn't tell Scott about why he quit as an SG team leader in Water...

Young seems to be ruled by his passions, for love or anger regardless, but he doesn't seem to be one to share that side of him with others. For all his emotional outbursts, he's quite the private man.
I agree, hence the iffiness :)
He does seem very private and reserved to me too so it'll be like pulling hen's teeth to get him to open up, if he ever does

rien
May 8th, 2010, 04:53 PM
I disagree. Episodes like Earth proved that while TJ is still clinging to the personal nature of their affair, Young was trying his level best to keep it professional and stay true to his wife. Not that he doesn't want to confide in her (one look at his face proves that) but he just wouldn't open up to her.

your right about that i think you have painted a fairly accurate picture of both the current state of their relationship and youngs character but i get the definite sense that he probably used to confide in her a lot back when they had their relationship

i draw this conclusion because when she offers him a chance to confide in her and he rebuffs her she acts dismayed/hurt as though he normally would confide in her. also there is that scene when he goes looking for her like he wants to confide but doesnt cause she is with dr caine. (i have a bad memory for episode titles sorry) but anyhow it seems like him confiding in her was the usual thing prior to the ending of their relationship. also i am asuming that the ending of their relationship was fairly recent thing to the evacuation of icarus for TJ to be pregnant, therefore that might be why TJ is still clinging to the emotional side of their affair.

IMHO the whole not confiding in TJ is probably bad for his health and what causes his occasional forays into nucking futs territory, alla that repressed emotion eventually bubbling to the surface in a violently emotional outburst that sends telford/rush/whoever quivering in fear

Spimman
May 13th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I think the above post is very well said.

Now that they are having a baby and Young's wife isn't around anymore maybe they'll have a more legitimate relationship? Or maybe they won't be more than friends who have a child together.

SG7
May 13th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Agreed. I'm sure he has concerns about the baby but won't tell them to TJ for a variety of reasons. One he probably doesn't want her to get worried. And secondly he probably doesn't want her to misunderstand anything that he says or is thinking.

SG7
May 13th, 2010, 08:17 PM
your right about that i think you have painted a fairly accurate picture of both the current state of their relationship and youngs character but i get the definite sense that he probably used to confide in her a lot back when they had their relationship

i draw this conclusion because when she offers him a chance to confide in her and he rebuffs her she acts dismayed/hurt as though he normally would confide in her. also there is that scene when he goes looking for her like he wants to confide but doesnt cause she is with dr caine. (i have a bad memory for episode titles sorry) but anyhow it seems like him confiding in her was the usual thing prior to the ending of their relationship. also i am asuming that the ending of their relationship was fairly recent thing to the evacuation of icarus for TJ to be pregnant, therefore that might be why TJ is still clinging to the emotional side of their affair.

IMHO the whole not confiding in TJ is probably bad for his health and what causes his occasional forays into nucking futs territory, alla that repressed emotion eventually bubbling to the surface in a violently emotional outburst that sends telford/rush/whoever quivering in fear

I think it took her a long time to finally break it to Young that she was pregnant mostly because she probably still has feelings for him, but doesn't want to admit it. She was probably the one in the relationship who realized that they couldn't be doing what they were doing because of the fact that Young was married, and the fact that they were both military and he ranks over her. I'm betting she was transferring out as a way to not have to see him anymore and be tempted back into the relationship. She probably didn't even know that she was pregnant when she decided to transfer out.

They then get under attack at Icarus and are forced to evacuate, and unfortunately for her, it was to the Destiny. So no transferring out for her. Then the next whammy. She discovers that she is pregnant with Youngs child. Suddenly the very reason and person she was running away from Icarus for, she is now forced to run to. And was now forced to tell him that she was pregnant with his child. I can see how she probably agonized over when and how to tell him. And that she probably waited untill she couldn't keep it from him any longer before telling him, just because she feared that the feelings that she had for him would resurface.

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 13th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Agreed. I'm sure he has concerns about the baby but won't tell them to TJ for a variety of reasons. One he probably doesn't want her to get worried. And secondly he probably doesn't want her to misunderstand anything that he says or is thinking.

very smart man, being careful what he says around the pregnant woman...kind of sweet too :)

Cory Holmes
May 13th, 2010, 08:44 PM
I think it took her a long time to finally break it to Young that she was pregnant mostly because she probably still has feelings for him, but doesn't want to admit it. She was probably the one in the relationship who realized that they couldn't be doing what they were doing because of the fact that Young was married, and the fact that they were both military and he ranks over her. I'm betting she was transferring out as a way to not have to see him anymore and be tempted back into the relationship. She probably didn't even know that she was pregnant when she decided to transfer out.

They then get under attack at Icarus and are forced to evacuate, and unfortunately for her, it was to the Destiny. So no transferring out for her. Then the next whammy. She discovers that she is pregnant with Youngs child. Suddenly the very reason and person she was running away from Icarus for, she is now forced to run to. And was now forced to tell him that she was pregnant with his child. I can see how she probably agonized over when and how to tell him. And that she probably waited untill she couldn't keep it from him any longer before telling him, just because she feared that the feelings that she had for him would resurface.

I can't quite stress how much truth there is in this statement.

SG7
May 14th, 2010, 04:38 AM
I can't quite stress how much truth there is in this statement.

In honesty, we don't yet know the full details of their "relationship" (length, depth, one-night-stand, just sexual etc) back on Icarus and the real reasons to why she was transferred out. We don't even know who was the one who decided to end the relationship. All we really know is that they had some sort of affair on Icarus and that she was supposed to be transferring out. Based on what I have seen of the two of them, my guess was on TJ being the one to take the inititive and end the relationship.

Cory Holmes
May 14th, 2010, 08:13 AM
But that's what makes speculation so much fun :) Trying to fit the pieces together before you have any idea what the picture is really like, then comparing afterwords. Much entertainment there ^_^

carmencatalina
May 14th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I think the above post is very well said.

Now that they are having a baby and Young's wife isn't around anymore maybe they'll have a more legitimate relationship? Or maybe they won't be more than friends who have a child together.

Um, Young's wife isn't dead, you know. He is still married to her, and the last thing we know of, he was telling her he still loved her. I'll be very disappointed in Young if he continues his affair without us getting to see (or hear about) a conversation with Emily where he tells her their marriage is over. Otherwise, cheating is still cheating, and my respect for him stays in the dumps.

rien
May 14th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Um, Young's wife isn't dead, you know. He is still married to her, and the last thing we know of, he was telling her he still loved her. I'll be very disappointed in Young if he continues his affair without us getting to see (or hear about) a conversation with Emily where he tells her their marriage is over. Otherwise, cheating is still cheating, and my respect for him stays in the dumps.

this is why i actually want emily to leave him for someone back on earth. going by the flashback in Air their relationship was already troubled before he went to icarus. it was because he had accepted a post to icarus and would be gone probably a long time that they were arguing. given that he is now trapped on a spacecraft howerver many lightyears away with little chance of getting home anytime soon i just dont think their marriage is gonna last.

its happened to other sci fi characters that when they were seperated from earth a long time their other halves moved on and met other people. also if she did meet someone and ended things with Young then he would be single through (almost) no fault of his own and wouldnt have to feel guilty if things with TJ were to develop in a more romantic direction

Alan
May 14th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Cannot believe this threads got to 2 pages and I'm just discovering it *now*! Bad, bad Alan!

I support the TJ/Everett relationship! :)

SG7
May 14th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Cannot believe this threads got to 2 pages and I'm just discovering it *now*! Bad, bad Alan!

I support the TJ/Everett relationship! :)

I don't support it.....At least not yet. One thing would have to happen for me first before I could support it. The marriage he has with his wife would have to be over and the two of them (Young and his wife) would have to have a conversation indicating that the relationship is over. And if she could file for divorce (since he is stranded on Destiny) that would be even better. Then he and TJ would have to take their time in working back into a relationship together.

As long as he is still married and either and or both having no desire or intention to get divorced, then it wouldn't be right or fair to either his wife or TJ for him to be with TJ. It would only cause emotional turmoil for TJ if he remains in his marriage while having her as a side dish.

Cory Holmes
May 14th, 2010, 08:08 PM
wouldnt have to feel guilty if things with TJ were to develop in a more romantic direction

I've said it before and I'll say it again: nothing will ever happen to make him NOT feel guilty about any sort of relationship with TJ. His affair deeply affected his marriage, his abilty to command, the oath he swore to the military, and TJ herself (leaving the Program). We've already seen that under his (mostly) calm surface is a bubbling, frothing well of emotion and I simply don't believe that he'd ever forgive himself enough to stop feeling guilty about anything to do with TJ.

That being said, I still ship 'em :)

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 14th, 2010, 08:59 PM

I support the TJ/Everett relationship! :)I love them together as well, no matter what sort of 'ship

I've said it before and I'll say it again: nothing will ever happen to make him NOT feel guilty about any sort of relationship with TJ. His affair deeply affected his marriage, his abilty to command, the oath he swore to the military, and TJ herself (leaving the Program). We've already seen that under his (mostly) calm surface is a bubbling, frothing well of emotion and I simply don't believe that he'd ever forgive himself enough to stop feeling guilty about anything to do with TJ.

That being said, I still ship 'em :)I agree that he's always going to feel guilt over it; it's a personal flaw in himself that is, like so many other things, open for everyone to see.

Spimman
May 14th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Young is really becoming a lot more likable and didn't his wife leave him? That being the case...;)

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 14th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Young is really becoming a lot more likable and didn't his wife leave him? That being the case...;)

It's complicated :)

SG7
May 14th, 2010, 09:16 PM

Last I thought, Young was trying to get things patched up with his wife. Then Telford came into the picture. And now TJ is pregnant with his baby. So I'm not exactly sure where things are at in his marriage.

rien
May 15th, 2010, 05:17 AM
given that young hasnt seen or spoken to his wife since the telford incident...

i did at first think that maybe it was cause after the whole blue alien communication stone mix up young said they wouldnt use the stones until they knew for sure what had gone wrong and that it wouldnt happen again. but they used the stones in sabotage, which admittedly was a desperate enough situation to risk using the stones, but there wasnt any 'hey, why havent we heard anything from you for the past however many weeks/months we thought you guys had died horribly or something' from the people back on earth so i guess they had still been reporting in regularly.

so the whole not seeing or speaking to his wife might mean he is avoiding her or that they no longer have anything to discuss or maybe hes just been far too busy with things on destiny at any rate its been left kinda open as to whether his marriage is over or not. does anyone know if emily is listed as appearing in any future episodes?

SG7
May 15th, 2010, 06:10 AM
given so the whole not seeing or speaking to his wife might mean he is avoiding her or that they no longer have anything to discuss or maybe hes just been far too busy with things on destiny at any rate its been left kinda open as to whether his marriage is over or not. does anyone know if emily is listed as appearing in any future episodes?

Not sure if she is billed to be in any episode in the future. But if Young does use the stones to talk to his wife, then I can see TJ being afraid of the fallout, knowing that he will have to break it to her that she's pregnant with his child.

Spimman
May 18th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I hope Young just mentions that he talked to his wife, I don't care to see her on SGU again.

SG7
May 18th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I hope Young just mentions that he talked to his wife, I don't care to see her on SGU again.

Indeed! I just want to see that there is resolution to him and his wife in some way. Preferably that they do part ways as he is on the ship with a good possibility of not getting back home any time soon. Thus giving her the opportunity to move on.

Spimman
May 18th, 2010, 07:40 AM
The less people we see on Earth the better, this show's focus is Destiny...let's keep it that way!

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 18th, 2010, 07:48 AM
The less people we see on Earth the better, this show's focus is Destiny...let's keep it that way!

I agree. Where previous cast has been used, it's been sparing and sensibly written (haven't left yet, in a 'dream', etc). It hasn't been a matter of discounting the current cast and just stoning aboard or gating aboard people from the previous series that can fix everything. I can't remember the name of the poster that stated it, but neither of the other teams stepped on the toes of the main casts of shows they visited. That should remain true for the cast of SGU.

SG7
May 18th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I agree. Where previous cast has been used, it's been sparing and sensibly written (haven't left yet, in a 'dream', etc). It hasn't been a matter of discounting the current cast and just stoning aboard or gating aboard people from the previous series that can fix everything. I can't remember the name of the poster that stated it, but neither of the other teams stepped on the toes of the main casts of shows they visited. That should remain true for the cast of SGU.

Agreed. Occassionally cast from SG1 would appear on Atlantis, however after the pilot for SGA, it was at least a year or more before any cast from SG1 did show up if I recall. And other than in the pilot, they didn't need any of the SG1 cast to "prop" them up. And the way they did use the SG1 cast fit into the show nicely where it didn't look as though they were just using them to prop up the show or gather fans. Though I'm sure it did help bring SG1 fans over to SGA

So if they do use cast from either of the other two shows, I too hope that it is sparingly and fits where they are using it, and are not just using them for ratings, drawing fans or propping up the show.

carmencatalina
May 18th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I think we will see Emily again, based on something that Joe Mallozzi said on his blog, but of course now I can't find it. If I track it down again, I'll post it, it was in response to a question.

SG7
May 18th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I think we will see Emily again, based on something that Joe Mallozzi said on his blog, but of course now I can't find it. If I track it down again, I'll post it, it was in response to a question.

Personally I would prefer not to see her any more than I have to, though I am fine with it either way. However based on how things are going right now between him and his wife, his wife and Telford (are the two shagging?) and himself and TJ, it is just one giant foursome mess. And for the sake of TJ and their unborn baby and her mental/emotional wellness, I would say that he needs to get the whole wife thing sorted out as soon as possible. And as I said previously, preferrably that they part ways so that she is not tied to a man who cannot give a timeframe of when he'll be able to return home.

kusanagi
May 20th, 2010, 01:05 PM

Well said!! :D

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 24th, 2010, 05:55 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/XXXevilgrinXXX/avatars/young-tj4.jpg

rien
May 25th, 2010, 04:59 AM
is that from an episode or just a random image?

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 25th, 2010, 08:18 AM
is that from an episode or just a random image?

It's from an episode (and it's completely fled my brain which one, I think Air3 or Darkness perhaps). Young is dreaming that he kisses her

SamJackShipper93
May 25th, 2010, 10:52 AM
I really love both of these characters, and I adore the chemistry and interaction between them, but I can't 'ship them in good mind until a lot of things get cleared up, particularily with Everett and Emily. I am very excited, however, to see how this current baby storyline will play out.

Egle01
May 25th, 2010, 11:59 AM
It's from an episode (and it's completely fled my brain which one, I think Air3 or Darkness perhaps). Young is dreaming that he kisses her"Earth". :)

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 25th, 2010, 12:01 PM
"Earth". :)

thank you :)

rien
May 25th, 2010, 03:16 PM
i really like the baby shower scene in subversion, that truck that riley made is so cute and also immediately makes me think of optimus prime am kinda suprised eli didnt mention something like that since he usually mentions any cult reference

anyhow was it just me or did telford mention about youngs wife moving on? cause that would be pretty good if that had happened.

Cory Holmes
May 25th, 2010, 06:26 PM
thank you :)

I prefer "dirt" myself.

MattSilver 3k
May 26th, 2010, 03:44 AM
It's from an episode (and it's completely fled my brain which one, I think Air3 or Darkness perhaps). Young is dreaming that he kisses her

Good times there. First direct hint that they had/have a thing, nice foreshadowing for Young's poor marriage plots, and a nice connection between Young and Eli as the latter has a similar fantasy involving a girl he has a thing for.

Huh. Now I have a mental image of those two sitting down and drinking about TJ/Chloe woes. It's a funny image! :D

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 26th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Good times there. First direct hint that they had/have a thing, nice foreshadowing for Young's poor marriage plots, and a nice connection between Young and Eli as the latter has a similar fantasy involving a girl he has a thing for.

Huh. Now I have a mental image of those two sitting down and drinking about TJ/Chloe woes. It's a funny image! :D

LOL, at Brody's no less :)

Cory Holmes
May 26th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Amusing image, but it'll never happen. Young simply doesn't discuss his personal feelings with anyone, even gently rebuffing TJ when she tried to pry at him. It'll be interesting to see how long he can keep everything bottled up before the stresses get to him...

st4rbuck
May 26th, 2010, 02:20 PM
it's my favourite ship for now, but it seems Young is much stronger character than TJ.. I'd like to see him with some woman strong (and cold sometimes) as him.. cause in almost every personal scene beetwen them, TJ is crying (or almost crying).. ok, I know, she's pregnant and maybe too emotional and maybe that will change in future episodes but it would be grat to see him with somebody who is not "so emotional"...
uhhh, my first language is not english, so I cant write long posts (i can't remember right words when i need them, it's frustrating!! my mind want to tell much more, but then i have to stop and think about "oh, wait, how I can say it in english?!" grrrr..) ;) but i hope, between lines, you understand what i wanted to say... :D

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 26th, 2010, 02:33 PM
it's my favourite ship for now, but it seems Young is much stronger character than TJ.. I'd like to see him with some woman strong (and cold sometimes) as him.. cause in almost every personal scene beetwen them, TJ is crying (or almost crying).. ok, I know, she's pregnant and maybe too emotional and maybe that will change in future episodes but it would be grat to see him with somebody who is not "so emotional"...
uhhh, my first language is not english, so I cant write long posts (i can't remember right words when i need them, it's frustrating!! my mind want to tell much more, but then i have to stop and think about "oh, wait, how I can say it in english?!" grrrr..) ;) but i hope, between lines, you understand what i wanted to say... :D

your English is fine :)
I hear what you're saying but I do think that TJ is a lot stronger than you may think. I know that when I was pregnant, everything made me cry. (Once, we ran out of eggs....it was terrible, let me tell you!). Young is quite an emotional person as well, remember

SG7
May 26th, 2010, 03:17 PM
I really love both of these characters, and I adore the chemistry and interaction between them, but I can't 'ship them in good mind until a lot of things get cleared up, particularily with Everett and Emily. I am very excited, however, to see how this current baby storyline will play out.

Indeed! I need to see the resolution between Everett and Emily. And they would have to have agreed to part ways before I could feel good about shipping them. I too will like to see how their baby storyline plays out. Would like to see Everett and Emily part ways before the baby arrives so that he and TJ will have a bit of time with the baby (before TPTB do what ever it is that they have planned in case it isn't something good).

Kermee
May 26th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Hummm...Perhaps he needs a woman like Commander Kiva...:D
Nah, TJ seems to be the only person who can gentle that wild stallion!:love:

Egle01
May 27th, 2010, 02:34 AM
I hear what you're saying but I do think that TJ is a lot stronger than you may think.Yeah, I think TJ has been incredibly strong given the situation she's in.

I really try not to ship TJ and Young, but after the baby storyline began, I've have enjoyed every scene and moment between those two. Actually even before the pregnancy. I just can't help it. :D

SG7
May 27th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Yeah, I think TJ has been incredibly strong given the situation she's in.

I really try not to ship TJ and Young, but after the baby storyline began, I've have enjoyed every scene and moment between those two. Actually even before the pregnancy. I just can't help it. :D

I was on the fence about them two. That was until she told him that she was pregnant, and I can't help but want to ship them because to me they seem to have some chemistry. And the way I can see that he cares about her and is always concerned for her and the baby.

SG7
May 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
I just saw "Subverged" and hated seeing TJ crying. I just wanted to reach through the TV and comfort her or something. Though I have to feel for her being concerned about raising her baby on the ship. It was nice to see Chloe comforting her and letting her know that everyone on the Destiny would be supportive of her and help her with the baby

Egle01
May 31st, 2010, 12:44 AM
I just saw "Subverged" and hated seeing TJ crying. I just wanted to reach through the TV and comfort her or something. Though I have to feel for her being concerned about raising her baby on the ship. It was nice to see Chloe comforting her and letting her know that everyone on the Destiny would be supportive of her and help her with the babyIt's a shame that Young was busy with Telford. I would've really liked to know how he would've acted. Would have he taken part of the baby shower?

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 31st, 2010, 06:06 AM
It's a shame that Young was busy with Telford. I would've really liked to know how he would've acted. Would have he taken part of the baby shower?

that is a shame, I agree; I think he would have been there otherwise
he's not really demonstrative unless he's pissed but there have been, for him at least, PDA's

Egle01
May 31st, 2010, 06:47 AM
that is a shame, I agree; I think he would have been there otherwise
he's not really demonstrative unless he's pissed but there have been, for him at least, PDA'sI want a TJ/Young fic. *pouts*

Awesome sig, btw. ;):D

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 31st, 2010, 06:50 AM
I want a TJ/Young fic. *pouts*

Awesome sig, btw. ;):D

For me it feels strange to write them while so much is still up in the air (I'll have to get over that at some point)

Cory Holmes
May 31st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Has it been confirmed that Young's fatherly status has been revealed to the ship at large? So far nobody has come to him with advice/congradulations/complaints *coughcough*Wray*coughcough*, but people are swarming over TJ. We know that Dr. Park knows that the father is onboard the ship, but does she know who?

xxxevilgrinxxx
May 31st, 2010, 11:23 AM
I'd say that Scott knows for sure. Chloe and Park also likely know for sure. I'm sure that like anywhere else where people are in a tight situation like that, there;s a hell of a lot of gossip but they're also all adults. I am sort of surprised that Wray hasn't made a fuss yet but I think that there are lines to cross and then there are lines to cross. I think that to most people, that wouldn't be one of them. Plus, hurting TJ would be offensive to most of the people on board, I'd think.

Cory Holmes
May 31st, 2010, 11:28 AM
Exactly, it's Wray's lack of manouvering, plotting, scheming, or otherwise non-productive commenting about Young's "inappropriate relationship and compromised command structure" that makes me think his role in this matter is still mum. We know that Scott knows, since he asked and TJ confimred in Faith, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

SG7
May 31st, 2010, 05:02 PM
I get the impression that probably most already know. And are not really concerned about it. They realize that what was done is done. And that they are out in the far reaches of outer space and probably figure that there are bigger fish to fry like trying to survive rather that nit pick that a superior officer and a subordinate had some affair back on Icarus.

And if they don't know, then I'm sure they will soon enough when TJ has the baby and Young is right there with her when she has it (assuming that he is). If I'm not mistaken, he has already on several occasions dismissed the formality of calling her by her rank. Which has to have been noticed by a few people.

As for Wray. I think that there are too many people on board that would be all over her if she tried to start any of her shananagins with TJ. Too many people on Destiny adore TJ to let Wray do anything to her.

Egle01
June 1st, 2010, 03:44 AM
I'm still dying to know what other crew members think about the situation and whether they know that Young's the father or not. :D I like that nobody has forgotten the pregnancy, I mean it has gotten attention every episode after "Lost" and whatnot. But it's still not enough. I want to see and know more about it. :P

I'm hoping that in "Incursion", based on the title,
they're going to find out that the Lucian Alliance is coming before they arrive, and make preparations to fight them. And Young is extra-concerned because of TJ and her safety. Fingers crossed for good scenes between them. :)

SG7
June 1st, 2010, 08:43 AM
I'm still dying to know what other crew members think about the situation and whether they know that Young's the father or not. :D I like that nobody has forgotten the pregnancy, I mean it has gotten attention every episode after "Lost" and whatnot. But it's still not enough. I want to see and know more about it. :P

I'm hoping that in "Incursion", based on the title,
they're going to find out that the Lucian Alliance is coming before they arrive, and make preparations to fight them. And Young is extra-concerned because of TJ and her safety. Fingers crossed for good scenes between them. :)

I get the feeling that probably everyone on board does know. And probably don't have any care about it. I almost get the feeling that everyone sees it is a "water under the bridge" thing. And the fact that they are out in the far reaches of the galaxy, that there is no point in "throwing the book" at Young for having a relationship with someone under him.

Besides the only reason TJ is still technically a subordinate under him, is because of Rush dialing the ninth Cheveron. Otherwise they would all be back on earth and she would have went out west was it? (Can't remember atm.) And who knows what she would have done once she found out that she was pregnant.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 1st, 2010, 09:51 AM
I get the feeling that probably everyone on board does know. And probably don't have any care about it. I almost get the feeling that everyone sees it is a "water under the bridge" thing. And the fact that they are out in the far reaches of the galaxy, that there is no point in "throwing the book" at Young for having a relationship with someone under him.

Besides the only reason TJ is still technically a subordinate under him, is because of Rush dialing the ninth Cheveron. Otherwise they would all be back on earth and she would have went out west was it? (Can't remember atm.) And who knows what she would have done once she found out that she was pregnant.

yes, she was already out and should have gone to school in Seattle. Now they need a medic and she's there. I agree with you that most people likely don't give the paternity much thought past "Oh, Young's the father....so, is the ship going to blow up today?"

SG7
June 1st, 2010, 10:27 AM
yes, she was already out and should have gone to school in Seattle. Now they need a medic and she's there. I agree with you that most people likely don't give the paternity much thought past "Oh, Young's the father....so, is the ship going to blow up today?"

Agreed. They probably see more important things to worry about. In fact TJ being pregnant may even be boosting the morale of the people on Destiny knowing that in the midst of the doom and gloom on that rust bucket, TJ is going to bring a new life into the world there. We can see evidence of that through the baby shower that they had for her.

Egle01
June 2nd, 2010, 12:10 AM
And who knows what she would have done once she found out that she was pregnant.That would make an interesting AU episode, if SGU will ever have one. :)

rien
June 8th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I want a TJ/Young fic. *pouts*

i'm pretty sure that Nynaeve506 has written one she posts a link to it through her blog/LJ? on i think page 33 of the TJ/everett young impact speculation thread if thats any help

SG7
June 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Just finishing writing a TJ/Young Fanfic. Just going through the last of it right now.

And I said earlier that I wouldn't ship them. Unfortunately I couldn't resist!

Egle01
June 9th, 2010, 02:39 AM
i'm pretty sure that Nynaeve506 has written one she posts a link to it through her blog/LJ? on i think page 33 of the TJ/everett young impact speculation thread if thats any helpThanks, but I've already read it. :)

Just finishing writing a TJ/Young Fanfic. Just going through the last of it right now.Alright! Be sure to post the link here when you're done. :D

And I said earlier that I wouldn't ship them. Unfortunately I couldn't resist!I didn't want to ship any SGU pairing, but. I can't help it. :D

Alan
June 9th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I imagined this scene the other day for a sort of flashback scene in Incursion, Part 1 (in spoiler tags for anyone who hasn't seen Incursion, Part 1 yet because it contains what I personally consider to be minor spoilers) Destiny has stopped after coming across a planet like that seen in Faith and the crew are playing American Football. Someone throws a long ball out and TJ (heavily pregnant and dressed in the white shirt and the camouflage fatigues pants) tries to catch up with it and runs up field...but Young easily catches up with her grabbing her softly from behind and tickling her sides. Their both laughing and smiling away. They're clearly together but not hiding it from others as they might have had to have done back on Earth.

Then the scene goes back to the dire events back on Destiny with Young preparing to hand over medical supplies to the Lucian Alliance and worrying about how TJ is holding up.

Meanwhile TJ is preparing to be taken by the Lucian Alliance to receive the medical supplies.

Then the flashback starts again and this time it's in darkened quarters on Destiny. A window showing the Destiny in FTL frames Young with TJ on top of him making love. The camera pulls out on them. The scene fades to black. The words "To be continued..." appear.

If anyone wants to use any of that for a fanfic then please do so with my blessing so long as I get a "From an idea from Alan" credit for it. :)

Egle01
June 9th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Alan, why don't you write fics? :D

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 9th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Just finishing writing a TJ/Young Fanfic. Just going through the last of it right now.

And I said earlier that I wouldn't ship them. Unfortunately I couldn't resist!

post linky goodness?

Egle01
June 9th, 2010, 07:01 AM
*anxiously awaiting the link*

No pressure. :P

Alan
June 9th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Alan, why don't you write fics? :D

LOL I don't know. I'm not sure I could dedicate myself to a full fictional story. I think I'm just happy writing premises and scenarios that if fanfic writers think are good enough and would like to expand on them then, as I said above, they have my blessing to do so just as long as credit is given where its due. When it comes to things like characterisation...I just don't think I'd be able to do people like TJ and Young or Sam and Jack the justice they deserve. Basically its the actions I write which, hopefully, speak more than dialogue and can help paint a picture in the mind. I must admit, and I hate to blow my own trumpet here, but that last part of what I wrote in my last post about a window in some darkened quarters on-board Destiny showing the ship at FTL and also framing TJ and Young in bed...I'm rather quite happy with what sort of mental image that paints. :)

Egle01
June 9th, 2010, 08:11 AM
LOL I don't know. I'm not sure I could dedicate myself to a full fictional story. I think I'm just happy writing premises and scenarios that if fanfic writers think are good enough and would like to expand on them then, as I said above, they have my blessing to do so just as long as credit is given where its due. When it comes to things like characterisation...I just don't think I'd be able to do people like TJ and Young or Sam and Jack the justice they deserve. Basically its the actions I write which, hopefully, speak more than dialogue and can help paint a picture in the mind. I must admit, and I hate to blow my own trumpet here, but that last part of what I wrote in my last post about a window in some darkened quarters on-board Destiny showing the ship at FTL and also framing TJ and Young in bed...I'm rather quite happy with what sort of mental image that paints. :)Fair enough. :)

Alan
June 9th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Fair enough. :)

Thanks. :) Until the next scenario... :)

SG7
June 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM
post linky goodness?

As soon as I have it finished I will. Hopefully if it is slow at work today, I will be able to finish it. It is almost done. Just got a wave yesterday and wanted to change some stuff and expand on one part some more.

Will post links as soon as I can

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 9th, 2010, 01:17 PM
As soon as I have it finished I will. Hopefully if it is slow at work today, I will be able to finish it. It is almost done. Just got a wave yesterday and wanted to change some stuff and expand on one part some more.

Will post links as soon as I can

weeeee!
I'd love to ship these two in a fic but I've got a story I must (MUST! gah!) finish first or I think I may get flayed alive.

Egle01
June 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Can you, gals, give at least a sneak peak or hint of what your fics about?

SG7
June 10th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Can you, gals, give at least a sneak peak or hint of what your fics about?

I would actually have a link posted but to post it on FF.net being a new member I have to wait 2 days before I can post it :(

Sample of the first chapter:

TJ stood with her hands leaning on one of the metal gurneys in the room that she was using as the infirmary. Tears streamed down the sides of her face. She gently caressed the small bump on her tummy where she had felt a slight flutter. She could feel the life of her unborn child inside her. More tears continued to flow. She was now about five months pregnant. She had known since a few weeks after being on board the Destiny that she was pregnant. However had kept her little secret to herself. How could she raise a baby on this old rust bucket she had thought to herself. There was barely enough food or water. Supplies were scarce. Never knowing when they would be able to restock on anything of use. Being stranded on a ship that drops out of FTL at no predetermined time except that it is when they are within range of a planet. No this was not the right place for raising a baby. And then there was Colonel Young. How on Destiny was she ever going to be able to tell him that she was pregnant? And that it was with his child? She gathered the few things that were lying on the table beside the gurney and proceeded to put them away in the cupboards and drawers before retiring to her quarters.

Will post link to full story when I get posting privillages on FanFiction.net :)

Egle01
June 10th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I would actually have a link posted but to post it on FF.net being a new member I have to wait 2 days before I can post it :(Aww, that shucks.

Will post link to full story when I get posting privillages on FanFiction.net :)Can't wait. :):D

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 10th, 2010, 07:44 AM
gets comfy and waits....had a TJ/Young fic bouncing around in my brain last night. Maybe once I get my current PITA chapter out of the way, I can settle in for a quick one-off?

Egle01
June 10th, 2010, 08:44 AM
gets comfy and waits....had a TJ/Young fic bouncing around in my brain last night. Maybe once I get my current PITA chapter out of the way, I can settle in for a quick one-off?The more, the merrier! :D

rien
June 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM
i tend to gravitate more towards funny/alternate universe fics rather than romance but for this pairing i might make an exception since the snippet posted by SG7 has already raised my interest

SG7
June 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
i tend to gravitate more towards funny/alternate universe fics rather than romance but for this pairing i might make an exception since the snippet posted by SG7 has already raised my interest

Thanx, I'll try to get it up in the next day or two.

amz_123
June 10th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Livejournal Community pimping for TJ_Young, HERE (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young/)
Some good fics over there (I'm a mod :D ), come join in the fun!

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 11th, 2010, 06:11 AM
thanks, I'm a total livejournal noob :)

Egle01
June 11th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Livejournal Community pimping for TJ_Young, HERE (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young/)
Some good fics over there (I'm a mod :D ), come join in the fun!Yess! Plenty of fics. :):D:D

SG7
June 12th, 2010, 07:39 AM
As promised, I was able to get the fic up and posted. Here is the link. Can't promise how good it is but enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6045467/1/Faith_Hope_Love

Edit: putting up correct link! Thanx to EG!

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 12th, 2010, 07:41 AM
As promised, I was able to get the fic up and posted. Here is the link. Can't promise how good it is but enjoy!

http://login.fanfiction.net/story/story_preview.php?storyid=6045467&chapter=1sorry, SG7, it's the link to login and I don't have the ability to search by story ID
:(
do you post under SG7 as well?

ETA:
aha!
I'll read it later today :)

SG7
June 12th, 2010, 08:24 AM
sorry, SG7, it's the link to login and I don't have the ability to search by story ID
do you post under SG7 as well?

ETA:
aha!
I'll read it later today :)

Thanx for the correct link. Still VERY tired from really late night in Toronto watching live finale & aftershow with David Blue and Andy Mikita at SPACE's studio! :)

And yup, I post under SG7 as you can probably guess! :)

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 12th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Thanx for the correct link. Still VERY tired from really late night in Toronto watching live finale & aftershow with David Blue and Andy Mikita at SPACE's studio! :)

And yup, I post under SG7 as you can probably guess! :)

already fave'd :)

I usually settle in for reading later in the evening, so I'll have something great to start with, woohoo!

SG7
June 12th, 2010, 11:43 PM

I usually settle in for reading later in the evening, so I'll have something great to start with, woohoo!

Likewise. Lately I've been enjoying late night reading, just because I don't get off work till 12:30am. And I need something to help me unwind!

SG7
June 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Added a second fic to the collection only it is a Teyla/John one this time. I actually have one also on the go for SG1 as well but it isn't finished yet. Want to do more with TJ though as she is my favorite right now.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 14th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Added a second fic to the collection only it is a Teyla/John one this time. I actually have one also on the go for SG1 as well but it isn't finished yet. Want to do more with TJ though as she is my favorite right now.

it's not a favorite pairing for me :(

SG7
June 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
it's not a favorite pairing for me :(

It wasn't really mine either. But I gave them a shot in this one. Unlike my TJ one, it goes more along the lines of friendship then love until the end

rien
June 20th, 2010, 05:20 AM
this thread is seeming a little dead atm hope the possibility of a tj/varro ship hasnt killed it :(

Egle01
June 21st, 2010, 01:36 AM
this thread is seeming a little dead atm hope the possibility of a tj/varro ship hasnt killed it :(TJ/Varro doesn't make me appreciate TJ/Young any less. Quite the opposite, actually. It'd be interesting to see what Young would think of those two. If they end up having a relationship.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 21st, 2010, 07:53 AM
TJ/Varro doesn't make me appreciate TJ/Young any less. Quite the opposite, actually. It'd be interesting to see what Young would think of those two. If they end up having a relationship.

I think that no matter who TJ ends up with, or even if she ends up with anyone, she and Young are going to be close. Even from the scenes in Air 1 where they are sitting close to each other at dinner, leaning close to each other to speak, or on Destiny, when they speak, I get the feeling that what they had was friendship first and that now they're in that position a lot of us have probably been in at some point in our lives when we wonder if maybe it wouldn't have been better to just remain friends but what's done is done. Especially after what's happened, I think he's always going to care for her and feel responsible for her, no matter where she goes relationship wise. All I can say is - if she does end up with Varro, all the gods help Varro if he hurts her.

SG7
June 21st, 2010, 07:56 AM
TJ/Varro doesn't make me appreciate TJ/Young any less. Quite the opposite, actually. It'd be interesting to see what Young would think of those two. If they end up having a relationship.

Yeh, I'm not warming up to a TJ/Varro pairing. I could possibly see TJ with that guy that came in the room and said that he had been sent to help her. But even then, I don't know.

Maybe another TJ/Young FF is in order. A little different than my other one. Possibly an AU one instead.

Had a Carter/Jack one that I had started a while ago and wanted to finish off first and get posted, which I did. So now I can go back to more TJ or TJ/Young ones!

It might just have something to do with the fact of that last five to ten minutes of the finale which has people assuming that the events of that has surely killed any possibility of TJ and Young getting back together.

Egle01
June 21st, 2010, 08:01 AM
Agreed with everything you said. :)

All I can say is - if she does end up with Varro, all the gods help Varro if he hurts her.If I know correctly,
then Varro won't be there longer than for a few episodes. Episode 4 "Pathogen" will be his last. But I will look it up in a sec. :)

Now the question is - what exactly will happen to him? :P I would not mind seeing him and Young fighting... for whatever reason.

Egle01
June 21st, 2010, 08:03 AM
Maybe another TJ/Young FF is in order.Yes! :D Will you be continuing your previous TJ/Young fic?

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 21st, 2010, 08:05 AM
spoilers for Pathogen:
http://www.gateworld.net/universe/s2/204.shtml
PATHOGEN
EPISODE NUMBER - 204
WRITTEN BY - Carl Binder
DIRECTED BY - Robert Carlyle
GUEST STARRING - Patrick Gilmore (Dale Volker), Jennifer Spence (Lisa Park), Julia Benson (2nd Lt. Vanessa James)

NOTES & SPOILERS
(Newest information is added to the bottom)

# This episode title was revealed by executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog.

# What's to prevent these characters from using the bodies to commit other antisocial and illegal acts? Where's the limit? "Great question. And it's one executive producer Carl may be positing in Season Two."
(Writer-producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog

# Carl Binder's story, originally slotted into the fifth spot, then third, and now as episode four, will be shot first when the cast and crew return in early March.

# "Pathogen" is directed by SGU actor Robert Carlyle ("Nicholas Rush"), actress Ming-Na confirmed via Twitter.

# "Today, we watched the very first director's cut of the new season. Congratulations go out to writer Carl Binder, the cast and crew, and, especially, Robert Carlyle who delivered big time in his SGU directorial debut. Next up for Bobby = he'll be doing the catering for episode 7. Can't wait to try his spicy jambalaya!"
-----------------------------------

That's all I've got for that...I'm guessing stone use
(also, woohoo, directed by RC!)

Egle01
June 21st, 2010, 08:08 AM
spoilers for Pathogen:
PATHOGEN
EPISODE NUMBER - 204
WRITTEN BY - Carl Binder
GUEST STARRING - Patrick Gilmore (Dale Volker), Jennifer Spence (Lisa Park), Julia Benson (2nd Lt. Vanessa James)

NOTES & SPOILERS

# This episode title was revealed by executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog.

# What's to prevent these characters from using the bodies to commit other antisocial and illegal acts? Where's the limit? "Great question. And it's one executive producer Carl may be positing in Season Two."

# Carl Binder's story, originally slotted into the fifth spot, then third, and now as episode four, will be shot first when the cast and crew return in early March.

# "Pathogen" is directed by SGU actor Robert Carlyle ("Nicholas Rush"), actress Ming-Na confirmed via Twitter.

# "Today, we watched the very first director's cut of the new season. Congratulations go out to writer Carl Binder, the cast and crew, and, especially, Robert Carlyle who delivered big time in his SGU directorial debut. Next up for Bobby = he'll be doing the catering for episode 7. Can't wait to try his spicy jambalaya!"

My information is based on IMDb and list of Dopud's appearances -

"SGU Stargate Universe" (6 episodes)
... aka "SG.U Stargate Universe" - USA (promotional title)
... aka "Stargate Universe" - USA (informal alternative title)

1. Pathogen (????) - Varro
2. Aftermath (????) - Varro
3. Subversion (21 May 2010) - Varro
4. Incursion: Part 1 (4 June 2010) - Varro
5. Incursion: Part 2 (9 June 2010) - Varro
6. Intervention (28 September 2010) - Varro

"Pathogen" being his last episode.

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 21st, 2010, 08:09 AM
My information is based on IMDb and list of Dopud's appearances -

"SGU Stargate Universe" (6 episodes)
... aka "SG.U Stargate Universe" - USA (promotional title)
... aka "Stargate Universe" - USA (informal alternative title)

1. Pathogen (????) - Varro
2. Aftermath (????) - Varro
3. Subversion (21 May 2010) - Varro
4. Incursion: Part 1 (4 June 2010) - Varro
5. Incursion: Part 2 (9 June 2010) - Varro
6. Intervention (28 September 2010) - Varro

"Pathogen" being his last episode.

Mwahahahhahaha! Maybe he crosses a big old line and gets headbutted right out of the Destiny :D

Egle01
June 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Mwahahahhahaha! Maybe he crosses a big old line and gets headbutted right out of the Destiny :DMore reasons to want to see S2 and "Pathogen". :D:D

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 21st, 2010, 08:19 AM
More reasons to want to see S2 and "Pathogen". :D:D

wow, not since the X-Files have I hung on a show like this, desperate for the next season to start, lest I lose my everloving mind!

Egle01
June 21st, 2010, 10:59 AM
wow, not since the X-Files have I hung on a show like this, desperate for the next season to start, lest I lose my everloving mind!It has reached a new obsessive level with SGU. :) Never have I looked more forward to new season of SG than now.

SG7
June 21st, 2010, 11:20 AM
Yes! :D Will you be continuing your previous TJ/Young fic?

I can. What would you like to see with it? Or I could do some sort of AU theme where I do another version of the one I did but in an AU/ATL. If I do a continuation of the current one, I fear I will go down a darker path with it knowing what I saw in Incursion Pt.2

I know have it where TJ and Young are still aweing over the baby and the blue smurfs come barging into the room and capture the baby! :eek:

But in all seriousness, the other way I may do it is to pick it up from the beginning of the second last chapter of that fic and carry on from there doing the parts of her having the baby differently or something. Haven't decided yet.

Edit: Can anyone remember the name of the guy that was sent to help TJ in Incursion Pt 2? That is if it was mentioned what his name was.

Egle01
June 21st, 2010, 11:28 AM
I can. What would you like to see with it?Anything with TJ/Young/baby. :)

I found another baby fic - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5973109/1/Ive_got_you - but it hasn't been updated, and there's only one chapter right now. Not much reading material, I've browsed/read through most published stories.

hedwig
June 21st, 2010, 11:58 AM
spoilers for Pathogen:
PATHOGEN
EPISODE NUMBER - 204
WRITTEN BY - Carl Binder

NOTES & SPOILERS

I can see the defense for the bolded section now:

Defense Attorney: Your honor, my client is not guilty due to the fact that only his body was present at the crime scene, while his mind was otherwise occupied in somebody else's body a million light years from earth! The defense rests. :D

SG7
June 21st, 2010, 12:00 PM
Anything with TJ/Young/baby. :)

I found another baby fic - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5973109/1/Ive_got_you - but it hasn't been updated, and there's only one chapter right now. Not much reading material, I've browsed/read through most published stories.

As have I, but only on FF.net. Not really checked anywhere else. And yes I actually had already read that one. There have been a couple I think I read of her telling Young about being pregnant. But not many.

As you will notice I have a thing about writing characters being pregnant for some reason. :)

SG7
June 23rd, 2010, 12:05 AM
As have I, but only on FF.net. Not really checked anywhere else. And yes I actually had already read that one. There have been a couple I think I read of her telling Young about being pregnant. But not many.

As you will notice I have a thing about writing characters being pregnant for some reason. :)

Actually just started another TJ/Young FF. Should have it done in the next couple of days as long as the creative juices keep flowing! For some strange reason I find it VERY easy to write for TJ! :)

I'll post when I have it finished and posted!

xxxevilgrinxxx
June 23rd, 2010, 09:11 AM
Actually just started another TJ/Young FF. Should have it done in the next couple of days as long as the creative juices keep flowing! For some strange reason I find it VERY easy to write for TJ! :)

I'll post when I have it finished and posted!

weeee!
(and happy birthday, SG7!)

SG7
June 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
weeee!
(and happy birthday, SG7!)

Thanx! Got the day off work so I haven't had to do anything! And was chatting late into the early am last night on twitter with BamBam! Great way to have started off my Birthday! :)

Egle01
July 2nd, 2010, 02:08 PM
Just finished re-watching "Faith". The end... just got to me. :(

SG7
July 3rd, 2010, 08:28 AM
Just finished re-watching "Faith". The end... just got to me. :(

Yeh, "Faith is my absolute favorite episode!

And if things work out for my trip to Van, then I will actually get to see the waterfall from the episode which is apparently in a place called Widgeon Park according to Joe Malozzi. That's what he told me on his blog!

Egle01
July 3rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Yeh, "Faith is my absolute favorite episode!Knowing what's going to happen didn't help.

And if things work out for my trip to Van, then I will actually get to see the waterfall from the episode which is apparently in a place called Widgeon Park according to Joe Malozzi. That's what he told me on his blog!Yeah, I read. Be sure to take pictures! :D

Egle01
July 20th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Happened to finally read a TJ/Young fic that in a way deals with what happened in "Incursion" 2. It's angsty and guttery, exactly what a shipper like me likes to read. :) It's rated NC-17 and features adult content, so can't post the link directly. Just click here (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young/) and look for 'For All the Wrong Reasons'. As the author said, it's not a happy story.

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 20th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Happened to finally read a TJ/Young fic that in a way deals with what happened in "Incursion" 2. It's angsty and guttery, exactly what a shipper like me likes to read. :) It's rated NC-17 and features adult content, so can't post the link directly. Just click here (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young/) and look for 'For All the Wrong Reasons'. As the author said, it's not a happy story.

that was really well done!

Egle01
July 20th, 2010, 11:56 AM
that was really well done!I think so too. If only there were more TJ/Young(/baby) fics out there.

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 20th, 2010, 11:59 AM
I think so too. If only there were more TJ/Young(/baby) fics out there.

I'm still fighting with my current story so no TJ/Young stories for me at the moment, but after this current bit is done, I have the feeling I;m going to be writing a lot of them :)

Egle01
July 20th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I'm still fighting with my current story so no TJ/Young stories for me at the moment, but after this current bit is done, I have the feeling I;m going to be writing a lot of them :)That's good to know. I hope you finish the current story soon-ish. :D

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 20th, 2010, 12:29 PM
I do too; it's been a struggle. I've tried writing two different stories at the same time with different characters but it never works out too well, so I have to wait :( <---*epic pout smiley*

Egle01
July 20th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I do too; it's been a struggle. I've tried writing two different stories at the same time with different characters but it never works out too well, so I have to wait :( <---*epic pout smiley*What's the other story you're writing? Why do you have to wait?

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 20th, 2010, 12:37 PM
What's the other story you're writing? Why do you have to wait?

answered in a pm :)

Egle01
July 20th, 2010, 12:45 PM
answered in a pm :)Got it, thanks. :)

If anyone has found or written more fics, please share.

SG7
July 20th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Got it, thanks. :)

If anyone has found or written more fics, please share.

I was starting to write another one but couldn't get around to it with everything that has been going on in my life lately. Loss of job, trip to Vancouver for GateCon. But now that I'm back I'm hoping to start writing again. Hopefully more TJ/Young ones. I was really happy with the first one I did so makes me want to do more.

On another note, I actually got to meet Alaina on Sunday at Polaris con in Toronto. And OMG!!!!!!!!!! It was absolutely amazing! And she was the NICEST person one could ever meet. Got to sit in on a one hour panel she did. Then afterwards she was doing her photo ops. I went about 20 minutes into it. No one waiting so I got to leasurly get my picture with her and chat. About 2 minutes or more in all. I told her that I followed her on twitter and she asked me what my twitter name was. And as soon as I told her she knew exactly who I was! I had this (http://twitpic.com/277dk9) with me and also this (http://twitpic.com/277jpt) and had set them down on a table so I could get my photo and she said that they were really cool props! So I explained to her that I made them myself. I then told her that I would see her later at her autograph signing.

Later on she had her autograph signing and I went to that about a half hour into it. Again there was NO one in line for her (there were the odd person at other guest's tables though but again no one waiting for anyone). And when I walked in the room she said in my direction "there she is!" I was kinda surprised by that. I went up to get my autograph and I guess she must have been talking to her helper (the one collecting the fees for the autographs) about my stargate as she wanted to show it off to her helper. We then got chatting for well over five minutes. I found out that growing up she lived literally a five minutes drive from me for about four years! And that her dad went to the same university that my dad went to. I told her lots of stuff about my trip to Vancouver (had spent the past two weeks there) and some things she should check out when she is there. Overall I had the best time one could imagine. I had an idea of what I thought she was like just because we had chatted on twitter to each other quite a bit. But I get leary when meeting people as I'd hate to find out that in real life they are not who I thought they were. But in her case she was such a sweet person and exceeded my wildest expectations! And I would definately want to meet up with her again! In all I must have spent almost ten minutes with her. Almost unheard of at any convention. And I only found out about her being there because she had tweeted on Friday that she'd be there. And I just couldn't pass up the chance to meet her when she was only an hour and ten minutes from me!

Lets just say that when I left the con I was in my happy place! :):):)

Egle01
July 20th, 2010, 10:27 PM
I had this (http://twitpic.com/277dk9) with me and also this (http://twitpic.com/277jpt) and had set them down on a table so I could get my photo and she said that they were really cool props!You can do miracles with duct tape! :P

Lets just say that when I left the con I was in my happy place! :):):)That's great news, I'm glad you had such a great time. :)

So, was there anything specific talked about in the con? About S2, her character, etc?

SG7
July 20th, 2010, 11:18 PM
You can do miracles with duct tape! :P

That's great news, I'm glad you had such a great time. :)

So, was there anything specific talked about in the con? About S2, her character, etc?

Yup! I can do some stuff with Duct Tape! I think she got a real kick out of the stuff that I had with me. I had originally made the Stargate for a FanParty that I went to @ GateCon last week. And afterwards I decided to keep it and get it autographed by some of the cast. It now hangs on my wall above my TV! And will come down when ever I have an SG con to go to where I can get autographs on it that I don't already have. Would have gotten Alaina's on it but only had enough for the photo op ($40) and 1 autographed photo ($30). And it would have been another $30 to get the gate autographed. Oh well there is always next time.

She really didn't elaborate much on S2 for obvious reasons. However:

she did say that some things get resolved in S2. And that new characters are introduced onto the ship. Again she didn't elaborate. She also said that the shift had changed from S1 where there was a lot of "us VS them" stuff between Civillians & Military to end of S1 beginning of S2 where the focus shifts to having to deal with the Lucian Alliance.

She talked about her hair as apparently everyone always asks how her hair is done. And said that she suggested to her hair people that they should do a video of how it's done because it gets asked so often. She also talked about her shooting schedule and what it is like as someone asked her that. She asked if anyone was from Waterloo to which I screamed in agreement as I only live about five minutes drive from there. And she explained that she spent four years growing up there. And when I was talking to her at her autograph session she elaborated more on that and that her dad went to the same university as my dad.

Someone asked her what it was like shooting while pregnant. She replied that her shooting schedule was very good for her. That shooting may go till seven in the evening. However she may only be blocked to shoot two scenes one day, more the next or may not need to be in for shooting for a few days. She also explained her story of breaking it to the PTB that she was pregnant. And that originally they were going to have someone else pregnant, but when she told them that she was pregnant they went with it because of the fact that her and Young had the affair. And it worked out well for everyone anyway.

She started off talking a bit about her self and how she started off doing a pilot episode as a kid for a show that never went anywhere. And then got into modelling. And later went back to acting as she felt that it was she really wanted to do. She talked about some of her roles like being on Painkiller Jane, Smallville and SGU. And I think some movies too.

Brain farting on everything else ATM! Here is one (of way too many) pictures that I thought I'd share! :)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/Carterfan/GateCon10/IMG_4979.jpg

Egle01
July 21st, 2010, 12:54 AM
Thanks for sharing with the rest of us, SG7. :D

SG7
July 21st, 2010, 06:58 AM
Thanks for sharing with the rest of us, SG7. :D

I can still hardly believe that it happened! So far out of the SGU cast I have met David and Alaina. Wouldn't mind meeting some of the other ones as well but Alaina was the only one that I actually really wanted to meet as we chat with each other on twitter quite a bit. However not much lately though.

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 21st, 2010, 07:28 AM
@SG7
Duct tape rules! Red Green has nothing on you :)
Glad to hear you had such a great time, woohoo!

SG7
July 21st, 2010, 08:28 AM
@SG7
Duct tape rules! Red Green has nothing on you :)
Glad to hear you had such a great time, woohoo!

Oh yeh. It was the best. She is the most amazing person! I am usually VERY shy and will just get my photo op and or autograph and not say a lot. But she was extremely sweet and easy to talk to! And once she knew who I was from chatting on twitter it was all smooth sailing from there. And the fact that I got to spend close to ten minutes with her is even more amazing! Apparently most people had gotten their autographs and photo ops on the Saturday so it wasn't nearly as busy for getting photos and autos. I opted not to go to those right away as I don't like waiting in lines if I can avoid it. So I waited about 20 minutes before going to each. And there was literally no one waiting for her. And as I was chatting with her I was half expecting the vollunteers or helpers to say something to me after a minute or so, but they didn't! During the autograph, I probably could have chatted longer than I did (which was at least five minutes or more) had I not drawn a blank on things to talk about. As I said, I am very shy so it is easy for me to draw a blank on conversation! I have learned one thing. Having interesting "props" as she called them, makes great conversation starters!

And speaking of Red Green. I love that show. And actually my dad played in a band when he was younger with Steve Smith (Red). Though the band was only together for about a year. My dad said that Steve was the brains in the band and always figured that he'd go somewhere in life! If you like the show, you can also see the movie "Duct Tape Forever".

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 21st, 2010, 08:33 AM
I love Duct Tape Forever :)

Alan
July 21st, 2010, 08:35 AM

Great! Thanks for the link to that! You should find that you've been greened for that, Egle! :)

Spimman
July 21st, 2010, 08:53 AM
Really cool SG7, glad that went down so well for you!

Egle01
July 22nd, 2010, 03:33 AM
Great! Thanks for the link to that! You should find that you've been greened for that, Egle! :)Indeed I did. Thanks, mate. :D

So, just a few days(?) before the new SGU S2 trailer gets released. I'm super-excited, and can't wait to see it. Having said that, I'm a bit scared what might be revealed about TJ/Young/baby. How about you, guys?

Alan
July 22nd, 2010, 03:49 AM
Indeed I did. Thanks, mate. :D

Your welcome. :)

So, just a few days(?) before the new SGU S2 trailer gets released. I'm super-excited, and can't wait to see it. Having said that, I'm a bit scared what might be revealed about TJ/Young/baby. How about you, guys?

Excited to see the trailer :) ...incredibly nervous about TJ/Young/Baby. :S

Egle01
July 22nd, 2010, 03:59 AM
Excited to see the trailer :) ...incredibly nervous about TJ/Young/Baby. :SSo I'm not alone, eh?

Only a little more waiting. And then two more months of waiting to see what's really going to happen.

Alan
July 22nd, 2010, 06:02 AM
So I'm not alone, eh?

Only a little more waiting. And then two more months of waiting to see what's really going to happen.

Your definitely not alone in this. I used to visit the MGM site...I stopped once I saw they had a countdown for the start of S2. Last I saw it , the time was something like 5 million weeks (I might be exaggerating a bit there) until the start. :S

SG7
July 22nd, 2010, 07:56 AM
Really cool SG7, glad that went down so well for you!

Yeh 100x better than I thought it would! Especially given I only found out that she was there on Friday when she had tweeted that she'd be there. And I was still in Vancouver and didn't get home till almost 1am Sunday morning and the last day of the con was later that morning. :)

Oh and during her panel, someone had asked how her hair was done for the show. She explained that she gets asked that a lot and that she told her stylist that they should do a video of it because it gets asked so often. She said that she only has to spend about 20 minutes in the trailer for hair and makeup. And that David Blue has to spend way longer than her in the hair and makeup trailer because apparently his hair is naturally curly and they have to straighten it out or something like that.

SG7
July 22nd, 2010, 07:58 AM
So I'm not alone, eh?

Yeh, I'm kinda nervous to see what happens in the first couple of episodes too in the TJ/Young/Baby department. I have my theories, but I will wait and see if any of them pan out.

KEK
July 24th, 2010, 02:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5KLefa1i8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBcnUKKhiQ8

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 24th, 2010, 09:00 AM
more backstory, woohoo!

Alan
July 24th, 2010, 09:19 AM
more backstory, woohoo!

My sentiments entirely! "Woohoo!" indeed! :D

SG7
July 24th, 2010, 02:19 PM
more backstory, woohoo!

I agree!

After meeting Alaina on Sunday, I just can't wait till season 2 starts up. And I am really looking forward to seeing more of her backstory too. As we never really got much of it in Season 1.

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 24th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I agree!

After meeting Alaina on Sunday, I just can't wait till season 2 starts up. And I am really looking forward to seeing more of her backstory too. As we never really got much of it in Season 1.

I think the writers are being deliberately vague with those two because something big is maybe going to be revealed in season 2?
maybe that's wishful thinking :)

Egle01
July 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM
More backstory - yay!! :D
In the back half of S2? - meh. :P

Season 2 really sounds, looks and seems amazing. Sept 28th can't come soon enough.

Alan
July 26th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Roll on Season 2!! More Alaina and SGU and TJ/Young are all good things in my book!! :D

SG7
July 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Roll on Season 2!! More Alaina and SGU and TJ/Young are all good things in my book!! :D

Amen to that! :)

Alan
July 30th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Just come across this article regarding the SGU panel at this years San Diego Comic Con and came across these comments from Alaina:

Ep 6 called Trial & Error @AlainaHuffman has strong scene with Louis that she lvoes. #SDCC #SGU "I'm excited to see it"

I'm excited to see that too! :D

@AlainaHuffman: 1st half of S2 is really great for TJ. #SDCC #SGU In S1, she loves the Eli-Chloe scene when TJ tld Eli Chloe was dead

Part in Bold there...that's music to my ears! :D

You'll find them in this article. Just scroll down the page: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-patrol/2010/07/sdcc-2010-exclusive-ming-na-on-stargate-universe-plus-sgu-s2-trailer.html

xxxevilgrinxxx
July 30th, 2010, 10:04 AM
excitement +1!
If anyone needs some great scenes after the last scenes of S1, it's those two

Commander Zelix
July 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Anybody heard about new Romance for TJ? According to this article:

Is Stargate's Destiny Turning Into The Love Boat?
Romance will be a part of a shaky new Lucian Alliance, er, alliance

* 0diggsdigg
* 3Like

Love is in the air for Season 2 of "Stargate: Universe" as both Eli and T.J. will explore new relationships.

During the recent SGU panel at San Diego Comic-Con, producers and actors from the popular Syfy show said that now that the Lucian Alliance is on board, new strategic partnerships will have to be struck -- some which might be a little less professional. That could include some geek loving for David Blue's Eli character, as well as a new romance for Alaina Huffman's T.J.
[...]
Watch out for a big(er) spoilers (related to Rush) in the article after the words:"Finally, a few last nuggets "

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7641/is-stargates-destiny-turning-into-the-love-boat.html

So is the fling story and consequences between TJ and Young over with?

Alan
July 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Anybody heard about new Romance for TJ? According to this article:

Is Stargate's Destiny Turning Into The Love Boat?
Romance will be a part of a shaky new Lucian Alliance, er, alliance

* 0diggsdigg
* 3Like

Love is in the air for Season 2 of "Stargate: Universe" as both Eli and T.J. will explore new relationships.

During the recent SGU panel at San Diego Comic-Con, producers and actors from the popular Syfy show said that now that the Lucian Alliance is on board, new strategic partnerships will have to be struck -- some which might be a little less professional. That could include some geek loving for David Blue's Eli character, as well as a new romance for Alaina Huffman's T.J.
[...]
Watch out for a big(er) spoilers (related to Rush) in the article after the words:"Finally, a few last nuggets "

http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7641/is-stargates-destiny-turning-into-the-love-boat.html

So is the fling story and consequences between TJ and Young over with?

If this "thing" is going ahead then I have just three words - IT. WON'T. LAST.

And as for what you said in your spoiler tag Commander Zelix...I doubt it will ever be over even if it appears that way.

rien
July 31st, 2010, 10:56 AM
If this "thing" is going ahead then I have just three words - IT. WON'T. LAST.

you mean it will last just long enough for the guy to be thrown out of an airlock. oh wait i meant to say stripped naked and thrown out of an airlock after all it wouldnt do to waste perfectly good clothing :P

Alan
July 31st, 2010, 11:09 AM
you mean it will last just long enough for the guy to be thrown out of an airlock. oh wait i meant to say stripped naked and thrown out of an airlock after all it wouldnt do to waste perfectly good clothing :P

:lol: That's funny because its full of truth. :D

SG7
August 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
excitement +1!
If anyone needs some great scenes after the last scenes of S1, it's those two

Agreed!

I really got to liking the show so much more once the second half of the season got going. It was James Bamford (BamBam) who got me to really give SGU a chance. Not that I wouldn't have anyway, but he solidified my liking of the show by reinforcing that it gets better and better as the episodes go by. And I really began to love the stuff with TJ and Young especially after she told him that she was pregnant with his child.

At some point during the second half of the season I started to follow Alaina on twitter and one day she actually replied back to something I had tweeted her. I almost had a heart attack and could hardly believe that she had actually tweeted to me. Since then, we've tweeted back and forth on occassion. Not all the time or anything but every now and again. Then I decided that I really wanted to meet her. I thought it would be good to meet her just because we had chatted on twitter and thought it would be nice to actually meet who I'm talking to.

And when I found out (via her tweeting) that she would be in Toronto for a con there, I could hardly believe it. As it is barely an hour from me. It was the best experience that I have ever had meeting someone from any of the SG series out of people that I actually wanted to meet. That and the fact that I don't think that I would ever go to any other con where I would have gotten to spend almost 10 minutes in all with her between photo op and autograph session. And she had to have been one of the nicest people that I have ever met. Others that are up there in my books are JR Bourn, Corin Nemec and Collin Cunningham.

Egle01
August 2nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Just come across this article regarding the SGU panel at this years San Diego Comic Con and came across these comments from Alaina:

<snip>

You'll find them in this article. Just scroll down the page: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-patrol/2010/07/sdcc-2010-exclusive-ming-na-on-stargate-universe-plus-sgu-s2-trailer.htmlYeah, I heard also those two having some scenes in episode 6 or 7. Good, that means after the big drama in the beginning of S2, there's going to be continuously stuff shown/happening with TJ and Young. :)

xxxevilgrinxxx
August 2nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I heard also those two having some scenes in episode 6 or 7. Good, that means after the big drama in the beginning of S2, there's going to be continuously stuff shown/happening with TJ and Young. :)

with everything those two have gone through, there's no way they're done. they may not end up together but they're definitely tied together by events

Egle01
August 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
they're definitely tied together by eventsWhich is awesome. :) Neither of them can escape.

Alan
August 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I heard also those two having some scenes in episode 6 or 7. Good, that means after the big drama in the beginning of S2, there's going to be continuously stuff shown/happening with TJ and Young. :)

Indeed. SGU's been great at the big, meaty character / relationship stuff and the relationship thing between TJ and Young is certainly very meaty.

Which is awesome. :) Neither of them can escape.

Indeed. They're on a ship they can't escape and the history they both share is something they definitely can't escape. Put to one-side for a small amount of time perhaps but never escape.

Egle01
August 3rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
...and the relationship thing between TJ and Young is certainly very meaty.This sentence simply calls for guttery thoughts. :D:P

Maybe it's just me and the language barrier.

Indeed. They're on a ship they can't escape and the history they both share is something they definitely can't escape. Put to one-side for a small amount of time perhaps but never escape.And now because of the baby, their past is very much part of their present.

Alan
August 3rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
This sentence simply calls for guttery thoughts. :D:P

Maybe it's just me and the language barrier.

I never even thought that when I wrote that sentence. Language barrier? Maybe its you and your guttery thoughts. :P

And now because of the baby, their past is very much part of their present.

Absolutely. They're linked together for now and forever through their child.

Egle01
August 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Maybe its you and your guttery thoughts. :PYou're probably right. :D:o

xxxevilgrinxxx
August 3rd, 2010, 11:47 AM
This sentence simply calls for guttery thoughts. :D:P
...yes, it does, I managed to get the duct tape over my gob before they came out though, :lol:

Egle01
August 3rd, 2010, 11:49 AM
yes, it does, I managed to get the duct tape over my gob before they came out though, :lol::lol: See, Alan?? :D

Alan
August 3rd, 2010, 01:20 PM
You're probably right. :D:o

I am? And yet xxxevilgrinxxx says...

yes, it does, I managed to get the duct tape over my gob before they came out though, :lol:

:lol: I'm sure that duct tape helped you keep from saying anything verbally. Typing on the other hand... :P

:lol: See, Alan?? :D

:lol: Oh, yes. I'm beginning to see things very clearly now. :P

Egle01
August 3rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
I am?Not really. :P

I'm sure that duct tape helped you keep from saying anything verbally. Typing on the other hand... :PPun-ish intended? :D

:lol: Oh, yes. I'm beginning to see things very clearly now. :P*gasps* He's on to us. :eek:

Alan
August 3rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
Not really. :P

Smeg. :S

Pun-ish intended? :D

Take away the hyphen in "pun-ish" and that will be intended. :P

*gasps* He's on to us. :eek:

:lol: I know mucky pups when I see 'em. :P

SG7
August 3rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
I am? And yet xxxevilgrinxxx says...

:lol: I'm sure that duct tape helped you keep from saying anything verbally. Typing on the other hand... :P

:lol: Oh, yes. I'm beginning to see things very clearly now. :P

Duct Tape helped me strike up some conversation with Alaina when I was meeting her a couple of weeks ago! ;)

I had a couple of things with me that I had made out of Duct Tape (A SG1 bag & Stargate) and she was really facinated by them. So it was helpful for me breaking the ice when I went to go get my picture taken with her and later going to see her to get my autograph. Enabled me to be able to spend almost 10 minutes talking to her between both the photo op and auto op.

Yeh I'm putting my money on the Baby having a huge impact on what happens with TJ/Young in S2. Haven't seen any of the promos or spoilers or anything. But given where things were in the final ep of S1, things don't look too good for TJ & or the baby. And the two will definately have serious history with the baby involved. It probably would have been easier for the two of them to have been able to move on from the relationship had she not been pregnant with his baby, but with her having his baby, that definately complicated the situation. And made it one that they couldn't just sweep under the rug so to speak.

Alan
August 4th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Duct Tape helped me strike up some conversation with Alaina when I was meeting her a couple of weeks ago! ;)

I had a couple of things with me that I had made out of Duct Tape (A SG1 bag & Stargate) and she was really facinated by them. So it was helpful for me breaking the ice when I went to go get my picture taken with her and later going to see her to get my autograph. Enabled me to be able to spend almost 10 minutes talking to her between both the photo op and auto op.

Wow. Well I never thought there'd be another good use for Duct Tape. More power to you SG7. :)

Yeh I'm putting my money on the Baby having a huge impact on what happens with TJ/Young in S2. Haven't seen any of the promos or spoilers or anything. But given where things were in the final ep of S1, things don't look too good for TJ & or the baby. And the two will definately have serious history with the baby involved. It probably would have been easier for the two of them to have been able to move on from the relationship had she not been pregnant with his baby, but with her having his baby, that definately complicated the situation. And made it one that they couldn't just sweep under the rug so to speak.

However it all goes down I'm sure its gonna make for a powerful viewing experience. September cannot come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. :)

SG7
August 4th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Wow. Well I never thought there'd be another good use for Duct Tape. More power to you SG7. :)

However it all goes down I'm sure its gonna make for a powerful viewing experience. September cannot come soon enough as far as I'm concerned. :)

Oh yeh! I didn't think it would either but was very happy when she seemed interested in my items as I wasn't actually expecting that. I had brought the gate with the intention of getting it autographed but didn't have enough money. And when she saw the stuff at the photo op and was intregued by them I was taken by surprise. However that gave me some relief knowing I'd have something to talk to her about. (Can be very nerve wracking when one is in the presence of someone whom you almost feel unworthy to be in the presence of.) It then loosened me up a bit to be able to talk about other things as well.

The Duct Taped Stargate (http://twitpic.com/277dk9)
The Duct Taped SG1 Bag (http://twitpic.com/277jpt)

Sadly I only had just enough money the day I met her for a photo op with her and one autograph so I got an autographed photo instead of getting the gate autographed. Hopefully I will get to see her again and get the Gate autographed as well.

Yeh S2 starting up in the fall can't come soon enough for me either. Sooo much stuff left unresolved at the end of S1 especially where TJ and the baby are concerned.

Alan
August 4th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Oh yeh! I didn't think it would either but was very happy when she seemed interested in my items as I wasn't actually expecting that. I had brought the gate with the intention of getting it autographed but didn't have enough money. And when she saw the stuff at the photo op and was intregued by them I was taken by surprise. However that gave me some relief knowing I'd have something to talk to her about. (Can be very nerve wracking when one is in the presence of someone whom you almost feel unworthy to be in the presence of.) It then loosened me up a bit to be able to talk about other things as well.

The Duct Taped Stargate (http://twitpic.com/277dk9)
The Duct Taped SG1 Bag (http://twitpic.com/277jpt)

Sadly I only had just enough money the day I met her for a photo op with her and one autograph so I got an autographed photo instead of getting the gate autographed. Hopefully I will get to see her again and get the Gate autographed as well.

Brilliant! I'm sure after seeing your bag and Stargate she'll remember you. They must certainly make you stand out from other fans. :)

Yeh S2 starting up in the fall can't come soon enough for me either. Sooo much stuff left unresolved at the end of S1 especially where TJ and the baby are concerned.

I know. I'm excited for the start of S2 but also somewhat nervous for it too after the way S1 ended leaving TJ in the state she was in.

SG7
August 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Brilliant! I'm sure after seeing your bag and Stargate she'll remember you. They must certainly make you stand out from other fans. :)

I know. I'm excited for the start of S2 but also somewhat nervous for it too after the way S1 ended leaving TJ in the state she was in.

Actually I think there won't be much chance of Alaina forgetting who I am after she had met me. See we had been chatting every now and again on twitter and when I told her that we had been chatting online, she asked my twitter name and once I told her she recognized me right away. She was like "You're the one with the coffee cup as your picture!". And I guess the bag and stargate will reinforce that. But yeh, once I told her who I was on twitter I knew she wouldn't forget. In fact last week she tweeted me that she had just been in Starbucks and was thinking of me. How cool is that???! :D

With the way things were left at the end of S1 I'm kinda scared of how things will turn out in the first few episodes of S2. Oh S2, why can't you hurry up and get here already!

Alan
August 4th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Actually I think there won't be much chance of Alaina forgetting who I am after she had met me. See we had been chatting every now and again on twitter and when I told her that we had been chatting online, she asked my twitter name and once I told her she recognized me right away. She was like "You're the one with the coffee cup as your picture!". And I guess the bag and stargate will reinforce that. But yeh, once I told her who I was on twitter I knew she wouldn't forget. In fact last week she tweeted me that she had just been in Starbucks and was thinking of me. How cool is that???! :D

LOL Remembered because of a coffee cup! That's gotta be a first too! And its very cool! :D :cool:

With the way things were left at the end of S1 I'm kinda scared of how things will turn out in the first few episodes of S2. Oh S2, why can't you hurry up and get here already!

Best thing to do is just keep the head down, stay distracted, do other things and don't count the days. September will be here soon enough. I'm amazed at just how quick this years going in! At this rate its gonna be Christmas soon! LOL

Egle01
August 6th, 2010, 02:00 PM
There's now a sequel to the fic - 'For All the Wrong Reasons' - I posted pages ago! It's called 'To Other Places' and it can be found here (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young/). Features adult content, so be aware. Although I liked the first one more, it's a good read.

Alan
August 6th, 2010, 02:30 PM
There's now a sequel to the fic - 'For All the Wrong Reasons' - I posted pages ago! It's called 'To Other Places' and it can be found here (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young/). Features adult content, so be aware. Although I liked the first one more, it's a good read.

Thanks for the link, Egle! I enjoyed For All the Wrong Reasons so looking forward to checking this out too. :)

Alan
August 7th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the link, Egle! I enjoyed For All the Wrong Reasons so looking forward to checking this out too. :)

Just got around to reading and finishing the sequel to To Other Places. Really enjoyed it and hoping for another sequel. :)

Egle01
August 8th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Really enjoyed it and hoping for another sequel. :)Same here.

But one thing in that fic made me wonder... Can TJ still get pregnant after getting shot to the abdomen? :S I guess it's a strong possibility, but there's no way to know without proper equipment anyway...

Alan
August 9th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Same here.

But one thing in that fic made me wonder... Can TJ still get pregnant after getting shot to the abdomen? :S I guess it's a strong possibility, but there's no way to know without proper equipment anyway...

In answer to the question in your spoiler tag...I do hope so.

amz_123
August 10th, 2010, 01:08 AM
I really have mixed feelings about the baby
speculation
-in the promos I get the feeling that the baby doesn't survive (esp the shot of Young decking what looks like one of the Lucian Alliance guys in rage)
-but then I get the feeling from Alaina Huffman interviews that it all works out ok

THEY'RE SCREWING WITH MY MIND!!!

Egle01
August 10th, 2010, 03:14 AM
I really have mixed feelings about the baby
speculation
-in the promos I get the feeling that the baby doesn't survive (esp the shot of Young decking what looks like one of the Lucian Alliance guys in rage)
-but then I get the feeling from Alaina Huffman interviews that it all works out ok

THEY'RE SCREWING WITH MY MIND!!!Actually, from AH's interview I get the feeling that the baby will not survive. She's said the baby storyline will be taken care of, and that the beginning of season 2 is very emotional for TJ.

SG7
August 10th, 2010, 02:12 PM
LOL Remembered because of a coffee cup! That's gotta be a first too! And its very cool! :D :cool:

Yeh I wasn't expecting that either! All I said was what my user name was on twitter and she immediately was able to put my user name with my pic!

Alan
August 10th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Yeh I wasn't expecting that either! All I said was what my user name was on twitter and she immediately was able to put my user name with my pic!

Well there you go. Its true about that old adage..."once seen as a coffee cup, never forgotten"...or something along those lines. ;)

SG7
August 10th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Well there you go. Its true about that old adage..."once seen as a coffee cup, never forgotten"...or something along those lines. ;)

She wound up being completely down to earth. I am usually the VERY shy one. The one who has problems getting up the nerve to even get into any of the autograph and photo lines. Back in the spring I went to a comic con in Toronto to meet Jewel Staite and Kate Hewlett and I must have walked up to the line for Jewel like three times before I got up the nerve to actually stay in the line and get her autograph. Same with Kate.

When I walked in the room to get my photo with Alaina it was the same thing. It took me several minutes to get up the nerve to walk in the room and when I got in the room I was shaking like a leaf. I was the only one in the room at the time to get a photo with her. (I think most had already gone in and got theirs.) But then as we were waiting for the photographer to get ready, I mentioned that we had chatted online. And she seemed to take it from there. Again when I went to get her autograph later in the afternoon, I was quite nervous. And when she saw me walk in the room she said "there she is!" (I had told her at the photo op I would see her later at her autograph session). I was surprised by that but it actually helped in breaking the ice again. As she wanted to show her helper my duct taped items. And before I knew it, we had chatted for at least five or more minutes. I honestly can't remember how long. All I know is that it was longer than I would have gotten at any other cons. It seemed that they (con vollunteers) would have only said something had there been others waiting to get her autograph. So I thought that was nice.

And her panel was also awesome. They had it where like the first few rows were reserved seating (for those that I think paid extra to have good seats at specific panels), and the rest you could sit where ever you wanted on a first come first serve basis. So I parked myself about four or five rows back right on an isle seat so I could better position myself to get good pics! Surprisingly her panel was only about a little over a third full I think. To which I must have shot easily over one hundred pics of her from where I was sitting! :)

Alan
August 11th, 2010, 02:01 AM
She wound up being completely down to earth. I am usually the VERY shy one. The one who has problems getting up the nerve to even get into any of the autograph and photo lines. Back in the spring I went to a comic con in Toronto to meet Jewel Staite and Kate Hewlett and I must have walked up to the line for Jewel like three times before I got up the nerve to actually stay in the line and get her autograph. Same with Kate.

When I walked in the room to get my photo with Alaina it was the same thing. It took me several minutes to get up the nerve to walk in the room and when I got in the room I was shaking like a leaf. I was the only one in the room at the time to get a photo with her. (I think most had already gone in and got theirs.) But then as we were waiting for the photographer to get ready, I mentioned that we had chatted online. And she seemed to take it from there. Again when I went to get her autograph later in the afternoon, I was quite nervous. And when she saw me walk in the room she said "there she is!" (I had told her at the photo op I would see her later at her autograph session). I was surprised by that but it actually helped in breaking the ice again. As she wanted to show her helper my duct taped items. And before I knew it, we had chatted for at least five or more minutes. I honestly can't remember how long. All I know is that it was longer than I would have gotten at any other cons. It seemed that they (con vollunteers) would have only said something had there been others waiting to get her autograph. So I thought that was nice.

And her panel was also awesome. They had it where like the first few rows were reserved seating (for those that I think paid extra to have good seats at specific panels), and the rest you could sit where ever you wanted on a first come first serve basis. So I parked myself about four or five rows back right on an isle seat so I could better position myself to get good pics! Surprisingly her panel was only about a little over a third full I think. To which I must have shot easily over one hundred pics of her from where I was sitting! :)

She's just a beautiful human being basically. I've never met her but I get the impression from interviews, and from especially her Twitter account and her YouTube vids she's an incredibly down-to-earth person.

SG7
August 11th, 2010, 08:48 AM
She's just a beautiful human being basically. I've never met her but I get the impression from interviews, and from especially her Twitter account and her YouTube vids she's an incredibly down-to-earth person.

You can definately say that again! That is basically why I wanted to meet her. She took the time to reply to some of my tweets on twitter and seemed genuinly appreciative of what I would tweet her. And also seemed to show interest in things in my life too. Where as others on twitter if I was lucky may reply back to me once and a while to what I tweeted but that was about as far as it went.

After meeting her in July, it makes me wish I was going to Creation's Con in Chicago in August and was able to bid on and win one of those intimate gatherings of 10 people with her and I think there is 2 of the other SGU cast (Brian and Elyse).

Now I can only speak for how she had been with me on twitter and having met her in Toronto. However I'm sure from what I have heard, she is just as awesome with every one of her fans that she meets. I can honestly say that I don't think that she takes any of her fans for granted. If you have an opportunity to go meet her then I would do it.

Kermee
August 11th, 2010, 05:36 PM
You can definately say that again! That is basically why I wanted to meet her. She took the time to reply to some of my tweets on twitter and seemed genuinly appreciative of what I would tweet her. And also seemed to show interest in things in my life too. Where as others on twitter if I was lucky may reply back to me once and a while to what I tweeted but that was about as far as it went.

After meeting her in July, it makes me wish I was going to Creation's Con in Chicago in August and was able to bid on and win one of those intimate gatherings of 10 people with her and I think there is 2 of the other SGU cast (Brian and Elyse).

Now I can only speak for how she had been with me on twitter and having met her in Toronto. However I'm sure from what I have heard, she is just as awesome with every one of her fans that she meets. I can honestly say that I don't think that she takes any of her fans for granted. If you have an opportunity to go meet her then I would do it.

What! Are you saying she's not a Hollywood "Diva"! :D
I wonder if there is/was any "Diva's" in the Stargate series?

SG7
August 12th, 2010, 08:57 AM
What! Are you saying she's not a Hollywood "Diva"! :D
I wonder if there is/was any "Diva's" in the Stargate series?

That's right. I'd say she's a wonderful down-to-earth, self giving Goddess! :)

But truthfully from my experience, I'd say that she values each and every one of her fans and doesn't take them for granted. I have found that a lot just this summer. For instance I was at GateCon this summer and most of the guests there were the same way. I personally got to spend a LOT of time (about an hour or so) with JR Bourn and again he was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Whom I also got the impression that he doesn't take his fans for granted. For example I won a silent auction where me and four other people got to spend 20 minutes with JR. And he made sure that we didn't mind that he was eating while we chatted with him, which we all didn't mind in the least. And then the vollunteer comes in after the 20 minutes and said that the time was over. He then said "But I'm not finished eating!" The vollunteer said of course that he could finish eating. And he said "do they have to leave?" And asked if it was ok if we stayed while he finished eating. The vollunteer said that it would be ok. So what does JR do? He for about 30 seconds starts to just pick at his food slowly! ;) In all we got about an extra 10 minutes with him. Which was very sweet of him.

Egle01
September 8th, 2010, 02:57 AM
More fics! One is here - http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young/7641.html (so sad, esp knowing what happened next) and the other story can be found here http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young . Look for 'Needed Connection', it's a sequel to the previous stories I've posted, and features adult content.

Egle01
September 16th, 2010, 10:35 AM
In case anyone's interested. Two more fics are available to read here (http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young). Look for 'Confessions' and 'Passing Ships'. Both are rated NC17!

About the last story, at first it made no sense for me that Young would talk to Rush about it, but I have to admit, some lines made me laugh out loud. :D

Seythia
September 27th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I've read those stories, too.
They're amazing, naughty, but amazing.

I started out with Young/Rush but quickly turned into a Young/TJ shipper.
I never even noticed until it was too late. Not that I mind :D

Pharaoh Atem
October 10th, 2010, 09:32 PM
IMO from what we've seen in season 2

it's over between tj and young.

rien
October 13th, 2010, 03:22 AM
IMO from what we've seen in season 2

it's over between tj and young.

nooo dont say that!

your probably right but I prefer TJ/Young to TJ/Varro cause imo it seems like Varro is an interloper in their previously established relationship. I'm guessing that none of the Lucien Alliance people know about Young being the father and if Varro tries to romance TJ he will probably just cause another point of conflict with Young as their characters already dont seem to get on which will not be good since Young is pretty much headed for a breakdown, he doesnt seem to be handling the loss of his child very well, and will probably respond by trying to beat him to death or maroon him on an alien planet.

rien
November 12th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Is nobody interested in this ship anymore?

Alan
November 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Is nobody interested in this ship anymore?

I am. I read fanfic. :)

pending
November 13th, 2010, 05:16 AM
were do you find your fanfiction at ?

Alan
November 13th, 2010, 07:08 AM
were do you find your fanfiction at ?

Here you go: http://community.livejournal.com/tj_young

poundpuppy29
March 19th, 2011, 11:58 AM
started a new game
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ows-and-movies

kimmyg
April 14th, 2011, 11:22 AM
After watching "The Hunt" several times, I just have to comment about the TJ/Young/Varro thing that has been set up. I read Joe Mallozzi's blog for 4/13 where he provided the missing TJ backstory scenes for us. I agree they would have been nice to showing TJ's determination and her drive toward becoming a doctor. However, I think the last scene in Varro's quarters spoke something different.

I think (MHO) that scene worked much better without the additional backstory scene. As shown, it kept the focus on the confusion TJ has about her feelings for Young & Varro. Young and TJ so need to talk about everything. I don't think TJ can make her decision about a companion/lover until she and Young work out their feelings.

Naturally for me, I'd love to see a lip smacking smooch-down with Everett and toss Varro to fend for himself with other women. I am a Young/TJ shipper afterall. I loved Greer telling him off about his plans for TJ.

Louis Ferreira's work ... great. I loved the closed eyes, huge swallow, bent head, turn and small smile at TJ before asking her how she was. From TJ's comments to Varro, this was their first meeting since returning to Destiny. Sooo much to be said in the expressions ... what terrific acting between these two people. Such angst .. it's killing me. Gosh, I want this show to continue somehow.

MattSilver 3k
April 19th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Common Descent.

BACK WITH A VENGEANCE. I couldn't stop laughing at the awkwardness, not to mention the implied little "**** you" to the TJ/Varro community by not having Varro show up at all. That made me laugh.

Egle01
April 19th, 2011, 03:07 AM
"Common Descent" -

Did not see that one coming. It was painful to see TJ watch her other self giving birth to a healthy child. So sad. And loved those little looks they shared a few times later.

kimmyg
April 19th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Common Descent ... Wow. So many things happening in this episode.

Current time Destiny - Young & TJ meeting in corridor - awkward Young trying to keep things professional since he apparently decided to give up TJ to Varro. TJ's watching the kino video of her giving birth to Young's child - I wasn't sure she was glad or sad because of birth or because it was Young's child? <I know I was ecstatic> The discomfort continues in the scene where TJ is helping the girl with her arm and finally with the mess hall scene where they share a glance. TJ is really confusing me with her "guilt" looks?

Novus time - WooHoo - TJ & Young are together and having a child. TJ worrying about where Young is when she's giving birth. His excitement when the baby arrives - did you hear it in his voice ... TJ exhausted from birth and sharing kiss with Everett. Be still my fluttering heart.

Egle01
April 20th, 2011, 01:04 AM
*lets out a little squee*

kimmyg
April 20th, 2011, 01:30 PM
OMGosh! Has anyone seen the SPACE promo for Epilogue? Totally shippy - thank you Carl Binder!

TJ is kissing Young - I'm dancing a jig - Woohoo!

rien
April 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Wow people are posting on my thread again :)

I just watched Common Descent totally loved that there was no Varro just Young and TJ and from that long look he gave her in the canteen he is clearly considering the obvious merits of throwing Varro out the nearest airlock if he hasnt already

I know there are only a couple episodes left but hopefully Young will start fighting for TJ instead of conceding to Varro like he seemed to be doing in The Hunt

Egle01
April 21st, 2011, 01:27 AM
OMGosh! Has anyone seen the SPACE promo for Epilogue? Totally shippy - thank you Carl Binder!

TJ is kissing Young - I'm dancing a jig - Woohoo!Must've missed that part! Oh my!! *happy dances*

smcki10
April 25th, 2011, 08:07 PM
So who else loved tonight's Episode? It was soo sad but soo good! makes me so sad there's only two to go.

Egle01
April 26th, 2011, 11:16 AM
So who else loved tonight's Episode? It was soo sad but soo good! makes me so sad there's only two to go.Squeed and cried at the same time.

starlover
April 26th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Squeed and cried at the same time.

Me too! and perhaps this sounds evil but

was it just me that hoped that Varro was kinda..err...killed...when he fell from the stairs:o

I don't like him interfering with my ship ;) :P

Alan
April 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM

was it just me that hoped that Varro was kinda..err...killed...when he fell from the stairs:o

I don't like him interfering with my ship ;) :P

We can only hope. :D

Egle01
April 26th, 2011, 02:22 PM

was it just me that hoped that Varro was kinda..err...killed...when he fell from the stairs:o"Epilogue" -
I thought Varro was gone for sure. :eek: But there were so many wonderful moments and looks between our TJ and Young that Varro being alive didn't frustrate me that much.

starlover
April 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
"Epilogue" -
I thought Varro was gone for sure. :eek: But there were so many wonderful moments and looks between our TJ and Young that Varro being alive didn't frustrate me that much.

Me too; it's almost impossible to survive a fall like that right? So lucky him that the writers like him. :P

Yeah there were many amazing moments that made me really happy as well :D It was good to see that ship! I mean it is a lot different from Chloe/Scott which I've just accepted but don't care about either way!

Egle01
April 26th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Yeah there were many amazing moments that made me really happy as well :D It was good to see that ship! I mean it is a lot different from Chloe/Scott which I've just accepted but don't care about either way!I really thought the TJ/Young 'ship was history and although it'll always be the big elephant in the room, it won't go any further than that. It was a pleasant surprise to get episodes, scenes and moments like these when the end of SGU is so near.

starlover
April 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I really thought the TJ/Young 'ship was history and although it'll always be the big elephant in the room, it won't go any further than that. It was a pleasant surprise to get episodes, scenes and moments like these when the end of SGU is so near.

Indeed. It is something we will never get for S/J and thus it was good see/get scenes like these. Also sad to know that we will probably never see if they find a cure for TJ...

This episode brought out some interesting things for which we will never get the answers. :(

kimmyg
April 26th, 2011, 04:41 PM
TJ/Young will never die or fade away. I love these two together. They might not have started out in the best way but damn they're good for me. Gotta have my TJ/Young ship.

kimmyg
April 26th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Shippy comments from Epilogue:

I watched that TJ stitching Young's leg scene about 20 times last night. And slo-mo'd the kiss plenty too! And when Young comes down to the planet to comfort TJ - I was shouting about damn time! <sigh>

Did I mention I despise SYFY and MGM. I know its a business but MAN, did they watch these episodes? I'd pay money for this kind of quality TV. Okay, I do already for my cable bill but I mean extra bucks.

kimmyg
April 26th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Okay, now that I've gotten my giddiness out of the way, at least for the next hour, I posit a question:

Current Destiny - Since we all know the series is ending shortly (damn TPTB to HELL!) what impact will Young's having saved Varro be to his & TJ's relationship? Do you think Everett will step aside so TJ can have Varro? Or do you think he's realized he doesn't want to loose her?

I loved that Young came down to the planet to comfort TJ. You could see he was clearly there for her. His attention was divided between answering Scott and glancing at TJ. Once he finished his response to Scott, he was right back at her side, put his arm around her and allowed her to cry on his chest.

You could see Young debating in his head about going to retrieve Varro. Did he have time, was he even alive? Shows the depth of Young's character that he bothered to check on the man. Then we get that contemplative look as he's flying the shuttle. What was he thinking? Will his good will toward Varro enhance his chances again with TJ?

How will her illness impact her interactions with both men? Varro was clearly concerned for her (okay, he might not be as bad as I want to believe. I'll leave that for my fan fiction ideas) wanting to comfort her as well. TJ allowed herself to be weak and somewhat selfish and cry on Young's chest. I'm glad she allowed him that act of comfort. But where will her emotions take her? She's obviously frightened - will it debilitate her from doing her job? She's always been the one that cared for others - can she allow Young or Varro (drat-drat) do the same for her?

Egle01
April 27th, 2011, 12:02 AM
"Epilogue" -

I loved how distracted Young was while talking to radio... it was after finding out about TJ's illness. He kept looking at her. Such a sad moment, yet so wonderfully shippy.

rien
April 30th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Okay, now that I've gotten my giddiness out of the way, at least for the next hour, I posit a question:

Current Destiny - Since we all know the series is ending shortly (damn TPTB to HELL!) what impact will Young's having saved Varro be to his & TJ's relationship? Do you think Everett will step aside so TJ can have Varro? Or do you think he's realized he doesn't want to loose her?

I thought that he already realized that he doesnt want to lose in the previous episode 'Common Ground'.

There is a scene towards the end in the canteen where out cast regulars are discussing how they like their descendants but will be happy when they reach Novus and the ship is not so crowded. Young turns up and disperses everyone to different tasks until only TJ is left sitting there.

Then he just stands there staring thoughtfully at her as though he is seeing her clearly for the first time in a long time and does not leave until after TJ has looked up and seen that he is still stood there staring at her.

I interpret this scene as Young realising that he still loves her and deciding that he doesnt want to lose her and will no longer step aside for Varro. His actions in Epilogue support this interpretation as he is seen to be more...assertive? He is no longer trying to burry his feelings for her and he is choosing to go comfort her rather than leave her to run to Varro for comfort as he was before.

I was actually quite annoyed that this staring scene is not mentioned in the transcript for Common Ground as it was imho a quite noticable if brief scene and they usually make mention of non-verbal character moments.

kimmyg
April 30th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I thought that he already realized that he doesn't want to lose in the previous episode 'Common Ground'.

I interpret this scene as Young realizing that he still loves her and deciding that he doesn't want to lose her and will no longer step aside for Varro. His actions in Epilogue support this interpretation as he is seen to be more...assertive? He is no longer trying to bury his feelings for her and he is choosing to go comfort her rather than leave her to run to Varro for comfort as he was before.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of his staring at TJ in that scene as anything more than awkwardness of their relationship. I like your idea better.

I'm going to watch these two episodes again back to back with this thought in mind. Maybe I wasn't seeing uncomfortableness from Young but a decision to fight for TJ.

However, she is still clearly confused about her feelings toward these two men. And I don't subscribe to the notion that TJ saw Everett as a father-figure and so started an affair with him. She's much stronger than that. Yes, she projects vulnerability with her wide-eyed glances, but she makes her own decisions.

In Epilogue during their conversation after TJ stitches his leg, you could see Young make the decision to kiss TJ and his physical movement toward her was powerful. You could see Everett's (Louis) eyes and face harden as he made the decision, and went to her. He stopped just before reaching her and allowed her to come to him, making the kiss hers. When I saw that, I had a flash to how their first kiss on Icarus must have been. Oh how the fan fiction is working in my head.

Egle01
May 1st, 2011, 08:38 AM
Picture from "Epilogue" -

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/uni_season2/218-Epilogue/screencaps/normal_SGU_218_0695.jpg

*cries*

kimmyg
May 10th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Well, Joe Mallozzi has the last laugh against TJ/Young. He couldn't even have them hug before TJ got into the status chamber. Blast the man. TJ all googly-eyed at Varro ... yeck! I can tell you that's not how I see their relationship in my mind's eye. I guess I'll just have to re-watch Common Descent, Epilogue and Earth for my TJ/Young fix.

smcki10
May 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Well, Joe Mallozzi has the last laugh against TJ/Young. He couldn't even have them hug before TJ got into the status chamber. Blast the man. TJ all googly-eyed at Varro ... yeck! I can tell you that's not how I see their relationship in my mind's eye. I guess I'll just have to re-watch Common Descent, Epilogue and Earth for my TJ/Young fix.

yea i was so bummed about that.

we did get the itty bitty scene of young standing infront of her pod staring at her before he went in his. that was something lol. it's the little things.

kimmyg
May 10th, 2011, 10:50 PM
yea i was so bummed about that.

we did get the itty bitty scene of young standing infront of her pod staring at her before he went in his. that was something lol. it's the little things.

Yes, that's true but I wanted more. "I am notoriously hard to please." as Everett says. At least something more than a small smile and doe-eyes from TJ. Well, fan fiction will have to fix that scene as far as I'm concerned.

rien
May 13th, 2011, 01:02 AM
I quite liked how Varro got stuffed into a stasis pod whilst TJ and Young (and the rest of our core cast) got to hang round for a last supper.

Obviously they must have had other things to do during the final hours before becoming popsicles than prepare and eat food but those other things didnt make it into the script leaving plenty of space for fanfic after all whose to say that Young and TJ didnt have one last heart to heart in some dark and lonely corridor where the chances of getting interrupted were greatly diminished since the majority of the crew had become frozen popsocles :P

Also loved that last look he gave to frozen TJ

kimmyg
May 17th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I quite liked how Varro got stuffed into a stasis pod whilst TJ and Young (and the rest of our core cast) got to hang round for a last supper.

Obviously they must have had other things to do during the final hours before becoming popsicles than prepare and eat food but those other things didnt make it into the script leaving plenty of space for fanfic after all whose to say that Young and TJ didnt have one last heart to heart in some dark and lonely corridor where the chances of getting interrupted were greatly diminished since the majority of the crew had become frozen popsocles :P

Also loved that last look he gave to frozen TJ

Okay, now you've gotten the brain cells firing for that scene. I'll just have to write what I dreamed last night. :)