Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider-Woman - News/Discussion/Speculation

Vanessa Hudgens to play Spider-Woman?

Vanessa Hudgens is reportedly interested in playing Spider-Woman.

According to Showbiz Spy, the actress has expressed a desire to portray the Marvel superhero in an action comedy.

"The idea is for this to be a fun, comedic movie and Vanessa is perfect for the title role," a source revealed. "Spider-Woman is strong and sexy but in this case hilarious.

"Vanessa is apparently very interested in the idea."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...der-woman.html

Is this an actual project, or just someone some wannabe actress has announced she'd like to do?

She'd never get the role. The only reason Disney wouldn't have fired her ass is because she's a major character in those ****ty High School Musical movies.

sigpic

Comment

I kinda like Vanessa Hudgens.

But seriously, a Spider-Woman movie? I doubt that. And comedic? Um....I guess someone forgot the comics.

Comment

Since this did not appear in my io9 feed, I seriously doubt this is a project.
        1: Spiderwoman (assuming we're talking about the first and popular one, Jessica Drew) is a B-list character
        2: Jessica Drew is very serious and mature. Vanessa in this role = character derailment
        3: If you want a heroine in an action comedy, you look to She-Hulk.
        4: Sex appeal: one of Jessica's powers is pheromone generation. Vanessa simply does not have the sex appeal necessary for the character. (As a reference: during Secret Invasion her Skrull doppelganger seduces Tony Stark and subjects him to mind games) http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/06/...ull_update.php
        There is a Spiderwoman that does use humor regularly, but has much less sex appeal: Ultimate Spiderwoman aka Jessica Drew(the female clone of Peter Parker)
        This is more sound from a casting standpoint with the glaring caveat that mixing Ultimate and 616 versions makes me very suspicious.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
        X