PDA

View Full Version : I think the time has come for Young to get a divorce

J_schinderlin56
April 20th, 2010, 12:10 PM
T.J. is on the ship with him, and is the mother of his child. Young's wife is on the other side of the universe shagging Telford.

What do guys think?

DigiFluid
April 20th, 2010, 12:12 PM
None of the 4 existing, front-page threads on TJ was good enough to ask this in?

MattSilver 3k
April 20th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Well... I don't think she's shagging Telford while he's occupying the body as of yet (Excepting that one glitch back in Earth). I'm kinda curious to see a Young/Emily scene play out where he awkwardly admits that his "one-time thing" has kinda boomed. Outward. With a baby.

Nah. He's screwed, and my sig'll need updating. Can a divorce case be worked across the universe?

jelgate
April 20th, 2010, 01:07 PM
T.J. is on the ship with him, and is the mother of his child. Young's wife is on the other side of the universe shagging Telford.
What do guys think?

That as far as we now did not happen and Emily already knew about the affair with TJ. I see the affair as something Young regreted and given how much he uses the stones to see Emily he still loves her. So I say no if Emily doesn't want to divorce him

J_schinderlin56
April 20th, 2010, 02:00 PM
That as far as we now did not happen and Emily already knew about the affair with TJ. I see the affair as something Young regreted and given how much he uses the stones to see Emily he still loves her. So I say no if Emily doesn't want to divorce him

The part about Telford was just a joke. That being said, it will be intreasting to see if he keeps trying to make up with Emily, if she is too pissed at him after the inncodent with Telford to keep it going, or if he just decides "Hey, I've got a whole family out here, maybe I should stop worring about a broken marriage to a woman who is a billion light years away."

J_schinderlin56
April 20th, 2010, 02:01 PM
None of the 4 existing, front-page threads on TJ was good enough to ask this in?

This thread is not about T.J. It is about Col. Young's marriage. I find your response rather rude.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 20th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I can't figure out how Young could possibly file for Divorce. He can't do it in Telford's body and at some point he's going to have to make a court appearence. Perhaps he should just tell Emily to divorce him and let her have everything they own jointly?

yanna
April 20th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I don't think Emily is shagging Telford. And wow, Young is such a douche for cheating on her and still jerking her around after he got stranded with his girlfriend. Even more so when he's supposed to be a newlywed. Emily should declare him dead.

jelgate
April 20th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I don't think Emily is shagging Telford. And wow, Young is such a douche for cheating on her and still jerking her around after he got stranded with his girlfriend. Even more so when he's supposed to be a newlywed. Emily should declare him dead.

Being stranded on the Destiny with TJ is hardly Young's fault. And thier is been nothing to say said affair continued on Desting. And their has been no proof that Young and Emily were newlyweds

Gollumpus
April 21st, 2010, 12:06 AM
Even more so when he's supposed to be a newlywed.

I never got the sense that they were newlyweds. To me their relationship appears to be more long-term. However, they do seem to be two people going in opposite directions. Emily wants to settle in and have children, as suggested by her, "I can't wait anymore" comment in episode one. Meanwhile, Everett is giving her the impression that he wants to do anything but start a family by his continued acceptance of tours of duty which separate them by great distances and over long periods of time.

I think they do love each other, and even though this is a darker, grittier version of Stargate there will have to be some sort of big pay-off to the series other than, "And they made it home... the End". I suspect that big pay-off will be that Everett and Emily wind up doing the happily ever after with each other by series finale, even if they do get divorced along the way.

regards,
G.

yanna
April 21st, 2010, 12:33 AM
Being stranded on the Destiny with TJ is hardly Young's fault.

Never said it was his fault. Throwing a tantrum outside her house and having the audacity to still want a relationship with her even though he's galaxies away and he conveniently left out the part about TJ being on the ship? Totally his fault. Without getting into the ewww factor of having sex with her in another man's body. The blame lies with her too for that pukefest.

It's not clear whether Emily knew or merely suspected Young had cheated on her.

And thier is been nothing to say said affair continued on Desting.

Quite the opposite, it looks like they are very much broken up but he still cheated on his wife.

And their has been no proof that Young and Emily were newlyweds

Character breakdowns said so but I agree that we don't know one way or another from the show.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 21st, 2010, 04:38 AM
Yanna,

If TJ got pregnant shortly before they were stranded on Destiny that would mean the affair was still pretty hot and heavy up to pretty close to the time of their departure. What Telford could have told Emily was about Young and TJ's last fling. The fact that he (Young) was on Icarus when everyone else arrived coupled with the fact that Emily already knew about the affair before he went to visit suggests he told her about it on his last trip home. That coupled (pardon the pun) with the fact that TJ got pregnant right before they left supports my hypothesis that the affair ended right before they left, hence TJ's decision to resign her commission and go to med school.

jelgate
April 21st, 2010, 06:57 AM
Never said it was his fault. Throwing a tantrum outside her house and having the audacity to still want a relationship with her even though he's galaxies away and he conveniently left out the part about TJ being on the ship? Totally his fault. Without getting into the ewww factor of having sex with her in another man's body. The blame lies with her too for that pukefest.

Emily already knew TJ was on Destiny. She mentioned it on Earth

Character breakdowns said so but I agree that we don't know one way or another from the show.
Those casting calls have been wrong many times

J_schinderlin56
April 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM
Someday we will find out that Jack Abbot from Genowa City is really the father of the baby.

All kidding aside, if it were just an issue of, "Hey I had an affair,sorry" then that's one thing.

Now that T.J.- a woman he has strong feelings for, a woman he desprately wants to turn to for comfort, is having his baby it becomes something else- A Family.

His wife ( who by all indications is still pissed at him by the way) is on the other side of the universe. His girlfriend and child, are with him. A Child changes everything, I think Young needs to step up and make the right choice.

carmencatalina
April 21st, 2010, 10:41 AM
You think he should get together with TJ because she is having his kid? Wouldn't the important thing be if he and TJ actually want to be together?

Seriously, two people in a relationship out of (1) a feeling of responsibility or (2) guilt does not a family make. If they couldn't make it work before the baby came along, a baby won't magically make it all better.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 21st, 2010, 10:55 AM
carmen,

You think he should get together with TJ because she is having his kid? Wouldn't the important thing be if he and TJ actually want to be together?

Seriously, two people in a relationship out of (1) a feeling of responsibility or (2) guilt does not a family make. If they couldn't make it work before the baby came along, a baby won't magically make it all better.

I understand your point. However, with Young everything seems to be about duty. Heck, in his final Kino recording to his wife he couldn't bring himself to actually say "I love you". He just said, "You know." This cuts both ways. He believes he has a duty to his wife, but, he's also going to see a duty to TJ and his child. It will be interesting to see what he does and whether TJ would be willing to take him back if he chooses to leave his wife after learning of the pregnancy.

As you point out that's not exactly open and free decision making time.

J_schinderlin56
April 21st, 2010, 11:03 AM

After his daydreams about being with her, and his dissapointment when he thought he saw her with another man, I think that it's clear that he has pretty strong feelings for her. He may love both women, but one woman is a BILLION light years away and pissed at him ( And MIGHT be getting hit on by Telford). The other woman is right there to love and support him, and oh yes, she is having his child.

jelgate
April 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
Someday we will find out that Jack Abbot from Genowa City is really the father of the baby.

All kidding aside, if it were just an issue of, "Hey I had an affair,sorry" then that's one thing.

Now that T.J.- a woman he has strong feelings for, a woman he desprately wants to turn to for comfort, is having his baby it becomes something else- A Family.

His wife ( who by all indications is still pissed at him by the way) is on the other side of the universe. His girlfriend and child, are with him. A Child changes everything, I think Young needs to step up and make the right choice.
Soemthing Young does not know about. Yes a child changes the whole status of the affair but it seems unfair to judge Young on unknown knowledge.

J_schinderlin56
April 21st, 2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah, She really should tell him, He's going to find out eventually. But it's not like he dosen't have enough to deal with these days.

beafly
April 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
I'd think subsequent divorce could easily be arranged by the USAF by declaring Young MIA.

carmencatalina
April 21st, 2010, 01:38 PM
Another assumption, that TJ would want to resume her relationship with him. For all we know, she regrets the whole mess, and would rather spend the rest of her life on a random planet than have to deal with Young on a day to day basis. Oh, wait, there was some hint of that in the last episode . . .

Cory Holmes
April 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM
Another assumption, that TJ would want to resume her relationship with him. For all we know, she regrets the whole mess, and would rather spend the rest of her life on a random planet than have to deal with Young on a day to day basis. Oh, wait, there was some hint of that in the last episode . . .
In Life, she seemed taken aback that Young asked if her questions were "part of his psych eval". For all the complications and broken marriages and whatnot, it's obvious that there's still some strong emotions between these two. Also, in Divided she seemed a little zealous in her defence of Young to Chloe.

carmencatalina
April 21st, 2010, 03:09 PM
I, for one, will be extremely disappointed in TJ if she resumes her relationship with Young - they had an affair, broke it off, and he tried to get back together with his wife (whom he presumably loves, that certainly seemed to be what they were showing us). If he starts up with TJ again, isn't it just because of circumstances, rather than because he really wants to? Do you really want to be with someone so, I don't know, situational? If they get back to Earth tomorrow, it would seem Young would want to try again with his wife, and then where would TJ be?

Ugh. Stay strong, sister, and stay away from Young, would be my advice.

EllieVee
April 23rd, 2010, 03:18 AM
After his daydreams about being with her, and his dissapointment when he thought he saw her with another man, I think that it's clear that he has pretty strong feelings for her. He may love both women, but one woman is a BILLION light years away and pissed at him ( And MIGHT be getting hit on by Telford). The other woman is right there to love and support him, and oh yes, she is having his child.

Isn't this assuming that TJ's in love with him? And assuming she wants to support him outside of her duty? Why on earth should she?

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 23rd, 2010, 05:17 AM
Ellie,

Isn't this assuming that TJ's in love with him? And assuming she wants to support him outside of her duty? Why on earth should she?

People fall in love with people they "shouldn't" all the time. The question is whether they will let their emotions override their intellects. Choosing to ignore your feelings is an incredibly difficult thing to do.

EllieVee
April 23rd, 2010, 05:25 AM
Ellie,
People fall in love with people they "shouldn't" all the time. The question is whether they will let their emotions override their intellects. Choosing to ignore your feelings is an incredibly difficult thing to do.

Sure, but the post that I responded to said:

The other woman is right there to love and support him, and oh yes, she is having his child.

Nothing to do with falling in love. It's like TJ's just the convenient woman because she's there. Doesn't TJ get a say?

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 23rd, 2010, 05:29 AM
Ellie,

TJ absolutely gets a say. I'm simply wondering if she will be talking with her head or her heart. It's difficult to overlook your heart sometimes. Particularly when your heart is saying incredibly stupid things.

EllieVee
April 23rd, 2010, 05:31 AM
Ellie,

TJ absolutely gets a say. I'm simply wondering if she will be talking with her head or her heart. It's difficult to overlook your heart sometimes. Particularly when your heart is saying incredibly stupid things.

We don't know what her heart is saying.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 23rd, 2010, 05:41 AM
Ellie,

We don't know what her heart is saying.

True enough. But we do know she's struggling with the idea of raising a child on that ship. Whether raising the child alone is a problem as well is an unknown factor. We do know she seemed very appreciative of Scott's offer to be there for her. We do know she's not excited to tell Col. Young about the pregnancy. What we don't know is why. I suspect it's because she still has feelings for the man.

SG7
April 27th, 2010, 04:56 AM

I'll make my comments assuming (until known otherwise as currently it somewhat seems implied) that it is Young's child she is carrying.

Personally I don't think that they should get back together if it is in fact his child she is carrying. Yes I agree that if it is, then he will need to step up to the plate and be a responsible father. However that doesn't necessarily mean them two getting back together.

She has obviously chosen as long as she has to not tell anyone about her pregnancy for a reason, especially Young. She probably wouldn't have even said anything to anyone, except that Chloe kept seeing her ill. And Scott would have saw her as loosing her marbles for staying on the planet had she not told him why she wanted to do so. She along with everyone else has been on Destiny for about three to four months. She said that she was about 15 weeks and that it happened just before they left Icarus. So she has had to deal with knowing for quite a while. Hense why she probably was resigning and going off to med school.

SG7
April 27th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Soemthing Young does not know about. Yes a child changes the whole status of the affair but it seems unfair to judge Young on unknown knowledge.

Agreed. She is obviously choosing not to tell him for a reason. We can't blame him for anything that has or has not done because he has not been informed of her pregnancy yet. When she does tell him, and if she does tell him that it is his, and he then doesn't do anything, then yes, we would be able to judge. But not until then. For all we know, she may tell him that she's pregnant, but that it is not his (avoiding telling the truth if it was), or will tell him whose the father is (if in fact it is someone else all together). For all we know, his fling with her could have ended some time before leaving Icarus, and she could have gotten pregnant by someone else, and felt too embarrassed that she was able to get out of the relationship with Young and into another one on the rebound as soon as she had.

It is not exactly explained when their relationship had ended. All we really know, is that there was some sort of fling, and that she was planning on shipping out of Icarus to go to med school.

SG7
April 27th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Ellie,

I get the impression her heart had told her that their relationship was over when they ended it back on Icarus. And with her being pregnant and a good chance that it is Young's. I think she is heartbroken that she wound up pregnant. Especially since they are stranded on Destiny. And she is forced to see Young every day. The fact that she is almost four months pregnant before she tells anyone, leads me to believe that she sees the situation as more complicated then she wants to deal with

SG7
April 27th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Ellie,

We do know she's not excited to tell Col. Young about the pregnancy. What we don't know is why. I suspect it's because she still has feelings for the man.

Yeh it was obvious in her expression when Scott told her that Young was coming down to the planet that she didn't want to have to deal with him.

kymeric
May 1st, 2010, 06:02 PM
Dont forget the baby will change things, between that and his responsibility he is gonna stop giving a crap about Earth and settle in where he is and where the most people who matter are.