• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a phone call from a Stargate actor!

Yeah, just tripped over this!

http://www.hollywoodiscalling.com/

Gary Jones
    Stargate SG-1 ( Appears As Sgt. Walter Harriman ), The Santa Clause 2, Sliders, Postcards From The Edge, Stargate Atlantis, Andromeda, Highlander

Availability Status: Live Calls and Phone Appearances

and

John De Lancie
    Star Trek: The Next Generation, Stargate SG-1, Judging Amy, Multiplicity, Blood Red

Alexis Cruz
    Stargate (Movie), Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods (TV), Dark Wolf, Touched by an Angel, The District (TV), NYPD Blue, ER, The Cosby Show
    Availability Status: Live Calls

Cliff Simon
    Stargate SG-1, Continuum, Nash Bridges
    Availability Status: Live Calls and Phone Appearances

How long are the celebrity calls
    All calls are less than 30 seconds in length, but this may vary from celebrity to celebrity
    How much does it cost to have a Celebrity Call
    It costs $29.95 for a customized live call and $19.95 for standard live call. Call orders placed outside of the continental United States cost an additional $10 surcharge

Yikes. You barely get in "hi, you're wonderful" before they say "thanks, that means a lot" and poof, disconnect!

Can anyone verify this?

lol 20 bucks for a less than 30 second call
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

and alas, probably while you're asleep or at work!

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
      lol 20 bucks for a less than 30 second call

Comment

I think I'd rather spend the money going to a con and getting to see them, yes more expensive, but you get longer with them and you usually walk away with at the very least an autograph and at the larger cons you get to see more than one actor.

Although my experience of meeting John De Lancie will remain etched in my brain forever. He took the mickey out of my sister, made us laugh and commented on my t-shirt.
        sigpic

Comment

The calls are legit. Most folks have them saved on their answering machines so they can keep them. Some folks set it up to use as their phone message. It would be kind of cool to have Ba'al answer for you and tell people to leave a message or else.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
            The calls are legit. Most folks have them saved on their answering machines so they can keep them. Some folks set it up to use as their phone message. It would be kind of cool to have Ba'al answer for you and tell people to leave a message or else.
            Ah, I've been waiting for you to come on over and (hopefully) say "yes, it's okay". Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Ah, I've been waiting for you to come on over and (hopefully) say "yes, it's okay". Thanks!!
              I'm glad I could help.
              Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

I think getting these guys to call you for $30 bucks is quite the ripoff, but I think that it makes a fairly cool present for a friend. Getting them to call for 30 seconds, even if it's just to say happy birthday and who is responsible for them calling.

sigpic

Comment

Or you can get a 20 minute call for 300$!

Phew...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                    Or you can get a 20 minute call for 300$!

Phew...
                    I'd pay $300 to talk to RDA
                    General Jack O'Neill, still HOTTer than ever!

Comment

30 seconds is actually a lot longer than people tend to realize.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
                        Hahahah, having Ba'al on my answering machine would be well worth $30, in my opinion. Too bad I also use my phone for professional purposes, so this wouldn't be too appropriate.
                        Signature by Glitch33.
                        sigpic
                        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

I guess it would be an easy way for them to pick up some extra bucks, although I imagine they would rather be acting. In a way, it would have to be kinda embarrassing for them to be making phone calls for money. I guess you do what you have to do to make a dollar or two.

Comment

Working...
                          X