Defending the Three Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defending the Three Gates

In SG-1, The gate at the SGC had an iris to protect them from unwanted visitors, Atlantis had the gate shield. Destiny has ?

That leaves me with three questions

1. Whats the Destiny's gate shielding tech like? if any.

2. Why did the Ancients only protect the earth's gate and not Dakara as well? I can understand the Atlantis gate, Destiny's if we ever get an answer & they always say how the Ancient thought of Earth as one of there favorite world. But Dakara was possibly one of the first world they made there own when they arrived here in the Milky Way.

3. Why don't other gate in the Milky Way/Pegasus not have there own defensive capability?

Originally posted by Mr.Xcelent View Post
    3. Why don't other gate in the Milky Way/Pegasus not have there own defensive capability?
    i would be less likely to want to freely travel to other planets if i knew there was a chance i would go splat on the iris
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

In SG-1, The gate at the SGC had an iris to protect them from unwanted visitors, Atlantis had the gate shield. Destiny has ?
      2. Why did the Ancients only protect the earth's gate and not Dakara as well?
      How did the Ancients protect Earth's gate, the SGC installed the iris themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
        How did the Ancients protect Earth's gate, the SGC installed the iris themselves.
        See that's the thing, I always wondered where they got the Iris from. I myself was unaware as to who put it on the Earth gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          i would be less likely to want to freely travel to other planets if i knew there was a chance i would go splat on the iris
          Exactly, like with Earth no one come over unless the call in after dialing. If I send some one are a malp through and don't get a response I would think twice about going through to that address. Heck those guys on Destiny are lucky that the Ancients had the Kino's on board. Other wise Young was ready to walk right on through to the planet in the Air episode. Hell we still use malp here in the milky way. How many other races on other planet just walk through to a planet with toxic atmosphere before the realize we cant go there.
          Last edited by Mr.Xcelent; 20 April 2010, 12:20 PM. Reason: Incomplete thought

Comment

2. Why did the Ancients only protect the earth's gate and not Dakara as well? I can understand the Atlantis gate, Destiny's if we ever get an answer & they always say how the Ancient thought of Earth as one of there favorite world. But Dakara was possibly one of the first world they made there own when they arrived here in the Milky Way.

1. We do not know.

2. Since when did the Ancients protect any gate system? The only Ancient guarded gate was of Atlantis. There would be no need for the Gate system to be guarded in Milky Way until after the Ancient/Wraith war, in which all Ancients retreated mainly to Earth. Before they left for Pegasus, the only enemy was the Ori, which was a couple thousand years before that, and a virus. No need for irises then, is there.

3. Because no one put defencive capabilities onto those gates.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Since it is so old, AND it required a special code to get there, i don't think they ever thought it would need a shield. That and no one else knew of it.

Remember, the dakara weapon was hidden so damn well, it took both us AND a Tok'ra looking for it to find the damn thing. AND that was only after daniel got the info on it.. So again, no shield needed

Well, we do know that one with the gate buster had its own shield system.. Who's to say others did not have anything, but the locals did not know how to activate it.

BUT i do wonder why they did not place ones on those in the PG after they encountered the wraith.

Comment

See that's the thing, I always wondered where they got the Iris from. I myself was unaware as to who put it on the Earth gate.
                I'm just wondering... How many episodes of SG-1 have you watched?

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

the ancients had no enemies so why have any gate blocked...except for atlantis when they finally got an enemy

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                    Good question, the iris was earth tech, the atlantis shield was lantian tech, and the destiny didn't need anything as since it predates all other gate technologies the ancients wouldn't have put any defensive tech into the gate, especially since the seeder ships don't drop off DHD's and at the time they built the destiny, those were the only other gates in existance
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Becouse the SGU gates lack DHD's there is no need for an iris on the gate....becouse the only one dialing will probably be the ship most of the time, not someone from a nearby planet.*who needs the ships adress first*

Comment

Wow AVFan, I'm sorry if i don't recall every last detail from a show that been running for the past 10+ years. I was not aware that in order to post here i had to be a walking stargate wiki. I was under the impression that this forum was for all stargate fans to pass along information, inspire fans old and new & provide all with different view or perception of a show we all love. But sense your TPTB of the Stargate realm I'll just ask you before I foolishly ask an innocent question.

Comment

Wow AVFan, I'm sorry if i don't recall every last detail from a show that been running for the past 10+ years. I was not aware that in order to post here i had to be a walking stargate wiki. I was under the impression that this forum was for all stargate fans to pass along information, inspire fans old and new & provide all with different view or perception of a show we all love. But sense your TPTB of the Stargate realm I'll just ask you before I foolishly ask an innocent question.
                          I'm pretty sure I didn't ask a question to warrant such an answer. I just wanted to know if you're a relative Stargate newbie or if you're a seasoned veteran.

Holy cow.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

There is no protection for off world activations on board Destiny.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              It looks like dialing other gates directly may be possible if the trailer for next week is any indication.
                              Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Working...
                              X