Use of comms stones during pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of comms stones during pregnancy

You know who - TJ and baby from Destiny.
    Human female on Earth.

Ancient long-range communication stones - SGC modified.

What is going to happen?

Are there safeguards in place to make sure no harm comes to a foetus?
    Has a blended Goua'ld/Tokra ever used the stones - I don't recall it.
    Would only the mother's conciousness get transferred? I don't know much
    at all about pre-term nueropsychology but I'm thinking WOW - the risk of harm seems high BUT they do seem pretty bug-free tech (apart from the caveats of loss of
    connections that seems impossible to overcome).

So what do you think?
    sigpic
    Save Mallozzi's Mailbag!

woah. I didn't even think of that. I'm most worried about what would happen to the baby's consciousness during a transfer. At what point is the brain even developed enough that the stones would recognize it? They seem to adaptable to several different types of intelligent lifeforms, is there a cut off point?

If the baby's mind did transfer, that would mean someone's mind would be in the foetus. ...ew.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, seeing as Ancients probably reproduced like humans, seeing as Ancients and Humans could breed, the Ancients probably accounted for this.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

since when does TJ use the stones?

anyway i dont think it would affect you as its the mother who touches the stone and creates the link. sure the baby is inside the mother but i dont think that matters

Comment

Vala used them when she was pregnant with Adria. That must have been an interesting experience for Daniel...

Comment

Could this be a way to side step gen-memories, such as the way of 2 Gould hosts make one with all the memories that the parents have?

Comment

This is a really interesting question, TJ hasn't used the stones though and I haven't read the episode guide but don't think they will.

Spoiler:
              Especially fter what happened with the aliens! They're probably going to be very cautious

Either way like escyos says, it's the mother who touches the stones no the baby.

Comment

Working...
              X