Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon (SPOILERS!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DreamWorks' How to Train Your Dragon (SPOILERS!!)

So, I just saw this movie and I have to say, it was SO AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT that I had to make a thread for it. The story was awesome, the animation was breathtaking, and the music was absolutely phenomenal. I thought it was going to be good, but it was infinitely better than even I thought it would be.

I am completely in love with Toothless and Hiccup now
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Yep. Can't believe how much I love this film. I loved Up and Wall-E and just about all Pixar films, but HTTYD was infinitely more entertaining than any Pixar film save for The Incredibles, and it was close to the Pixar level in terms of story-telling.

And you're right, the music and animation were simply breathtaking. And I can't express just how much I loved the ending. That shot of Toothless supporting Hiccup and them walking together towards the door, from the back, both missing a part of each other, complementing one another. It was really touching. I'm very pleased that test audiences preferred this version to the one where everything was okay.

Comment

Being a total Disney/Pixar junkie, I usually find so many other animated films to fall short of their standard (mostly b/c those Pixar guys are just SUCH good storytellers), but HTTYD was one of those few non-Pixar films that was just absolutely amazing not only in animation but also in terms of storyline. It is loosely based on a book, but from what I know of the book, the movie is pretty much almost a completely different story altogether so it might as well be an original one.

And it turns out that the directors of this film also directed Lilo & Stitch...which was amazing, so now I'm not so surprised that HTTYD turned out so well And Toothless' mouth kind of looks like Stitch's
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Yeah, when it was announced who would be behind the project, then when we first saw artwork of Toothless and the first trailer, a lot of people on the interwebs went "Ah! Stitch!"
        I think he best resembles Stitch when he sits down and watches Hiccup eat the fish. His facial expressions, his behavior, also how he draws with the tree...It reminded me a lot of Stitch. Which is a good thing, since I love that little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
          Yeah, when it was announced who would be behind the project, then when we first saw artwork of Toothless and the first trailer, a lot of people on the interwebs went "Ah! Stitch!"
          I think he best resembles Stitch when he sits down and watches Hiccup eat the fish. His facial expressions, his behavior, also how he draws with the tree...It reminded me a lot of Stitch. Which is a good thing, since I love that little guy.
          Hehe I love Stitch too It's so adorable that Toothless has some of the same mannerisms.

And I bought the soundtrack off Amazon Mp3 last night It was too good to pass up...I think I've listened to it 5 times today already
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

When I saw the promo's I thought Toothless reminded me of Stitch I even said something to that effect to my Brother

I loved the movie I want to see it again in 3-D if I can swing it. That movie was SO GOOD!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
              When I saw the promo's I thought Toothless reminded me of Stitch I even said something to that effect to my Brother

I loved the movie I want to see it again in 3-D if I can swing it. That movie was SO GOOD!!!
              OOOH It's SO GOOD in 3-D...feels like you're flying I wish I had the money to see it again in IMAX 3-D b/c that would REALLY feel like flying
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Oh I didn't think about that I must look into that!

I did like the end it was a much more powerful ending the way it was I knew that Hiccup would survive how many Western movies have the "hero" die? but I was not expecting the loss. It would have felt too perfect if he had been totally fine plus the injury brought things around full circle they met and started a bond because of Toothless's loss. Hiccup helped Toothless through that and then with the loss of his foot Toothless was there to help him as well. It showed how far they had come and how much each had come to care for the other.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                  Oh I didn't think about that I must look into that!

I did like the end it was a much more powerful ending the way it was I knew that Hiccup would survive how many Western movies have the "hero" die? but I was not expecting the loss. It would have felt too perfect if he had been totally fine plus the injury brought things around full circle they met and started a bond because of Toothless's loss. Hiccup helped Toothless through that and then with the loss of his foot Toothless was there to help him as well. It showed how far they had come and how much each had come to care for the other.
                  Yeah, I really love how they did the ending. I really almost cried at that bit...when Hiccup looks down and just has this look on his face and you know he's lost his leg or something even before they show it. But then Toothless comes and supports him and they just stand there together before opening the door...*sniff*
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Loved this movie. My kids loved it and I loved it and I know we loved it for different reasons, but that's the best kind of family movie. The flying scenes in 3D were amazing, if anyone has a chance to see it in IMAX, it's a must. I would love to see a sequel to this one, but I bet it'll be like Wall-E where there is none.
                    It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I probably won't see this until its out on Blu-Ray...

Comment

I wonder if they will sell it on DVD/Blu Ray with a 3D option
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                          Loved this movie. My kids loved it and I loved it and I know we loved it for different reasons, but that's the best kind of family movie. The flying scenes in 3D were amazing, if anyone has a chance to see it in IMAX, it's a must. I would love to see a sequel to this one, but I bet it'll be like Wall-E where there is none.
                          It'd be awesome to have a sequel, but considering how amazingly this movie ended, it might ruin it to have a sequel...
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I don't know, what if Hiccup became the trainer of the new generation? It might be fun to see him and Astrid teaching up a bunch of dragon obsessed kids.
                            It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                              It'd be awesome to have a sequel, but considering how amazingly this movie ended, it might ruin it to have a sequel...
                              Yeah, sequels to animated movies generally end up killing both movies' legacies. I wouldn't want to kill this one. Wall*E, Up, and now H2TYD are 3 great animated movies that I wouldn't want to see ruined with sequels. It's unfortunate that creators can't come up with non-legacy killing storylines for sequels..

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Working...
                              X