It would be funny if

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be funny if

Near the end of the season the Destiny crew gets a message from the SGC & they find out that Dr. Caine & those that stayed up on the planet ended up on Earth out of no where & that Earth (through teleportation or whatever) now has a new alien alley thanks to those that stayed

It would be a good way to introduce the race that created or moved the planet & make them friendly for once

nobody stayed on the planet. everyone returned. i stand corrected i guess 7 people stayed behind.

Comment

No medical trained personal, no military personnel. Incomplete data on the seasons of the planet or hazards. If I was a Vegas man I would be betting against survival.

Comment

Or, like...if Destiny loses the comm stones and when they return to Earth via the Borg superhighway, they find it destroyed, with a big sign that says "STAY OUT OF OUR GARDEN NEXT TIME!"

Comment

I'll be shocked if we ever see the group who stayed behind again. What would be interesting IMO is if other obolisks started turning up on other random planets.
          All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

No I don't like. I want people go die die please. The number of crew should dwindle over time leaving only a handful left after a few months. Survival!

Comment

I've posted this as part of a post in another thread but I feel it needs some reiteration for the funny

Let's put this into an analogy.

You're making a sandwich. You've just finished and are about to take a bite when someone knocks on the door. You put the sandwich down and go to see who it is.

In the meantime, a foraging group of ants happens upon your wondrous humongous stockpile of food! The ants rejoice and take a few crumbs for themselves before opting to return to the nest. A few choose to stay, saying it would be foolish to forsake such a bounty and that the giant sandwich-making gods will provide for them benevolently and without malice.

Most of the foraging party leaves. The few remain.

You return after having told the Jehovah's witnesses that you are NOT INTERESTED and if they could PLEASE kindly not bother you anymore... only to find ants in your sandwich! Damnit! Damn those ants! Squish! Squish! Squish! MAGNIFYING GLASS OF DOOM!

And now the sandwich is ruined. No way you're eating it after finding ants in THAT. Turf the entire thing and start over. Bloody ants. Wonder where they came from, it might be time to destroy the nest from whence they came and forever rid yourself of the sandwich-ruining little blighters as is your right as the Sandwich God.

BOW BEFORE THE SANDWICH GOD, MORTALS!
              The point being of course that Godlike aliens are rarely friendly. If they do notice our existence, it will be from a similar perspective to someone waking up to find ants crawling on their body, their first instinct is to remove the annoyance without much thought in the best case and to actively annihilate the source of their annoyance in the worst.

Why would godlike aliens with the power to create stars and planets (nevermind the how, different question entirely) even care about a few insignificant humans? Are you benevolent to the wasp that flew into your can of drink? Are you compassionate to the cockroach that crawled into your shoe? Do you truly enjoy the sound of crickets chirping long into the small hours of the night when you're trying to sleep?

Put simply, a species that advanced will at best be indifferent towards the group left behind and care only in the sense that the group is causing a disruption to whatever it is they have going on that planet. The best they can hope for is that the aliens will tolerate them and leave them well enough alone, why should aliens lift a finger for them in any way? Do we know they're compassionate?

All we really have on them is that they're damn powerful. That does not automatically entail that they are enlightened, benevolent and compassionate.

Comment

doubt those people will return...there gone but the crew will get some new members soon enough....

Comment

mmmm ... interesting but as somebody said before ... if they are advanced aliens they have a reason to create a planet. The crew will only destroy it (using the trees, drinking the water, eating the fruits ) so maybe when the aliens came back (if they come ) they kill them all for bothering his experiment or whatever is this planet
                  Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Ummm.. where there any females with the group that stayed behind?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
                      Ummm.. where there any females with the group that stayed behind?
                      balding asian guy has a wig, he puts it on and sings "My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard..."

Comment

that wouldn't be funny
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          balding asian guy has a wig, he puts it on and sings "My milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard..."
                          I can't unsee that visual can I?

Seriously, where there any girls left behind. Cause if not..

Comment

Originally posted by Tuvok View Post
                            I can't unsee that visual can I?

Seriously, where there any girls left behind. Cause if not..
                            I believe there were two, however neither were in what could be described as their prime child-bearing years. Assuming they did get pregnant, and actually carried a child to full term it would still be a long shot that the child would live past 5 or 6 years. This assumes normal Earth conditions where malnutrition can occur to hinder physical and mental development, or dying from something like chicken pox.

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                              I believe there were two, however neither were in what could be described as their prime child-bearing years. Assuming they did get pregnant, and actually carried a child to full term it would still be a long shot that the child would live past 5 or 6 years. This assumes normal Earth conditions where malnutrition can occur to hinder physical and mental development, or dying from something like chicken pox.

regards,
                              G.
                              Thanks for clearing that up...

Okay , two women. No medical or military to aid. Yeah, I'm staying on the ship . I mean I can use the stones to visit home now and then.

Comment

Working...
                              X