Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did they consider the aliens so great?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did they consider the aliens so great?

Don't get me wrong, building a solar system is impressive. But the Asgard, who aren't as advanced as the Ancients, have already built a black hole, which is literally a much more massive, and dangerous task. And since the Asgard passed on their technology, it's probably something scientists on Earth can at least begin to understand how to do. The builders of the solar system are definitely an advance race - but why would we think they're much more capable than the Asgard, Nox, Ancents, Furlings, Ori, or who knows what else?

When did they BUILD a black hole? the only one I'm aware of is the one they used to try and destroy the replicators... and for that they caused there own sun to go supernova.

The Ori however made mini black holes all over the place.

Black holes would be easier to make because all you have to do is collapse space. Where as to create a sun you need to gather enough hydrogen and related elements then cause fission... A much harder task. (again don't quite me, I'm not a scientist )

And that's the just the sun. Then you have to create a planet, with a life supporting atmosphere, then seed it with 1000s of plant species and then you need to add water for the plants and whatnot... THEN you have the planet.

Then put them together and DONE. you have your solar system...

Its really not an easy task, making a black hole is easier and quicker.

Comment

Correct. The Asgard didn't build a black hole, they destabilized a star to cause
      it to form a black hole. It can't be that advanced, though. Sam Carter did it with a stargate.
      Last edited by Jeffala; 20 April 2010, 08:15 PM. Reason: See PG15 below.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        Correct. The Asgard didn't build a black hole, they destabilized a star to cause
        it to form a black hole. It can't be that advanced, though. Sam Carter did it with a stargate.
        Yeap ! Sam did it once ! Build a black hole is nothing compared with building a Star and a "perfect " planet with nothing before.
        Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

I hope the new aliens aren't ascended or ancients.

Comment

They could have just moved an planet and/or star...not saying that is too much less impressive though
            sigpic

Comment

WEll, we know the Ashen developed on their own to the tech level they can create suns...

Comment

Okay, isn't the other issue the speed with which the Star and planet were created? I thought the seeder ships are only a couple of years ahead of Destiny. Thus, this star and planet were created incredibly quickly.
                All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  WEll, we know the Ashen developed on their own to the tech level they can create suns...
                  Where was that established? I don't remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    Where was that established? I don't remember it.
                    They didnt actually make a sun, they collpased a planet into one. We know how to make Jupiter into a star right now, so what they did wasnt that impressive.

Comment

Just a correction: Sam blew up a star; she didn't create a blackhole.

Black Holes are formed from masses that are quite a few times the mass of the sun, while the Vorash star looked just like the sun, and thus probably had similar mass. It was too light to collapse into a black hole, I reckon.

Comment

My biggest concern is, with all the aliens that the SGC had to deal with the majority had a god complex and none of those experiences ended well. So because this particular race build a star(sun) & planet I'm to trust that they won't after brining me home try and subjugate my home world. Would you want to live with that knowledge? That because of you, your home world fell to invaders. Are worst, to have to suffer an alien prob. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Xcelent View Post
                          My biggest concern is, with all the aliens that the SGC had to deal with the majority had a god complex and none of those experiences ended well. So because this particular race build a star(sun) & planet I'm to trust that they won't after brining me home try and subjugate my home world. Would you want to live with that knowledge? That because of you, your home world fell to invaders. Are worst, to have to suffer an alien prob. lol
                          Yeah hes right, If those aliens are that advanced.. God hope they aren't unfriendly or anything. Because then they would use the human knowledge to fly to earth and vaporize it.. With like one patrol ship.

Comment

koroush,

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                            Yeah hes right, If those aliens are that advanced.. God hope they aren't unfriendly or anything. Because then they would use the human knowledge to fly to earth and vaporize it.. With like one patrol ship.
                            Read Pandora's Star have you?
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ser Scot A Ellison View Post
                              Okay, isn't the other issue the speed with which the Star and planet were created? I thought the seeder ships are only a couple of years ahead of Destiny. Thus, this star and planet were created incredibly quickly.
                              I don't recall where that info came from. As far as I knew, we were unsure of how far ahead the seeder ships are.

Comment

Working...
                              X