PDA

View Full Version : TJ and 200

jeffsumm
April 19th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Before SGU began, they said it would be younger and edgier, and people couldn't help but think of the SG-1 episode "200", specifically the 90210-like segment. Certainly, SGU hasn't been that way, but when it was revealed that TJ is pregnant, I couldn't help but remember that "I'm pregnant" was the last thing said in that segment of "200".

thekillman
April 19th, 2010, 08:05 AM
200 never happened. i went through the stargate and changed the timeline!

Egle01
April 19th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Before SGU began, they said it would be younger and edgier, and people couldn't help but think of the SG-1 episode "200", specifically the 90210-like segment. Certainly, SGU hasn't been that way, but when it was revealed that TJ is pregnant, I couldn't help but remember that "I'm pregnant" was the last thing said in that segment of "200".The younger and edgier "200" cast was based on SG-1 characters.

MattSilver 3k
April 19th, 2010, 08:41 AM
You know that Teyla got pregnant and said the exact same words "I'm pregnant" on SGA before SGU did it with TJ.

So there, Mr Poster Guy.

aretood2
April 19th, 2010, 08:52 AM
You know that Teyla got pregnant and said the exact same words "I'm pregnant" on SGA before SGU did it with TJ.

So there, Mr Poster Guy.
Lets not forget Vala on SG-1
Sha're
and all of those baby snakes that came from Hathor :eek:

MattSilver 3k
April 19th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Lets not forget Vala on SG-1
Sha're
and all of those baby snakes that came from Hathor :eek:

No, I meant that since 200 aired, Teyla got knocked up, using "I'm pregnant" before SGU could - Vala, Hathor and Sha'Re came before. :)

thekillman
April 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM
before that Vala did that. it's SG custom to write in pregnancies

SupremeLegate
April 19th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Well to be fair they had all ready planned the pregnancy, then Alaina Huffman announced she was pregnant so they simply moved the story line from a secondary character to TJ.

Stormtrooper
April 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Which secondary character was supposed to be pregnant? The Asian sex machine?

Captain Yesterday
April 19th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Thats no way to talk about Rush, he isn't even Asian.

Coronach
April 19th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Isn't it customary to say "I'm pregnant." when, in fact, you are pregnant? :S

Captain Yesterday
April 19th, 2010, 10:36 AM
What kinda crazy world are you from? Why would you ever think such a thing? :P

MattSilver 3k
April 19th, 2010, 10:44 AM

Pfft! Globviously, saying such a thing makes you and all those around you part of a soap opera, and thus, you are considered scum to internet fandoms. At least this taboo will encourage gals to get creative with their announcements! Such as:

"I've got a bun in my oven!" - Standard Answer.

"Hey honey - come look what your friend Mark did to me!" - Admission of Guilt

"Remember how you said that I couldn't get knocked up if we did unprotected and underwater? WELL GUESS AGAIN!" - Get Out While You Still Can.

Daro
April 19th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Considering that they've been on Destiny over three months, and we know that many characters are fooling around (which is just human nature, I don't expect celibacy from any of the characters) I imagine TJ won't be the last to get pregnant. Unless there is some birth control available that we're unaware of. The only thing that surprises me is that...anyone (characters or fans) are surprised that someone finally got knocked up.

That said, it's ironic that the person is TJ, since she apparently was pregnant before she ever left Earth. I'd expected Chloe, or Dr. Park (anyone seen her kino webisode? If she doesn't get pregnant, she's a miracle woman.)

carmencatalina
April 19th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Dr. Park (anyone seen her kino webisode? If she doesn't get pregnant, she's a miracle woman.)

Or she has Norplant, in which case she's fine for 5 months or so.

Pharaoh Atem
April 19th, 2010, 01:40 PM
someone turn on the lights cause i don't see it

Tuvok
April 19th, 2010, 02:33 PM

Sigh... I really wish people would mature up and use the proper names. That's Scottish sex machine on legs, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Tuvok
April 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Sigh... I really wish people would mature up and use the proper names. That's Scottish sex machine on legs, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Eternal Density
April 19th, 2010, 04:20 PM
someone turn on the lights cause i don't see itTo what are you referring?

DigiFluid
April 19th, 2010, 04:42 PM
Before SGU began, they said it would be younger and edgier, and people couldn't help but think of the SG-1 episode "200", specifically the 90210-like segment. Certainly, SGU hasn't been that way, but when it was revealed that TJ is pregnant, I couldn't help but remember that "I'm pregnant" was the last thing said in that segment of "200".
Nobody in the history of humankind has ever been pregnant. Especially after sleeping with someone.

You must be on to something.

SupremeLegate
April 19th, 2010, 05:04 PM

No idea, if might not have even gotten to that point when they switched it to TJ.

Loheat
April 19th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I will say I am about sick of pregnancy in Stargate. Actresses get knocked up all the time and usually the writers just find a way to work around it, like make her always carry a giant teddy bear or something

lordofseas
April 19th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I will say I am about sick of pregnancy in Stargate. Actresses get knocked up all the time and usually the writers just find a way to work around it, like make her always carry a giant teddy bear or something

Sick as in morning sickness? ;) ;)

Pharaoh Atem
April 19th, 2010, 06:10 PM
To what are you referring?

i don't see a connection between 200 and TJ

DigiFluid
April 19th, 2010, 07:58 PM
You seem to be new to Stargate. Of the 3 major actress pregnancies in Stargate, all 3 directly affected the shows.

Amanda Tapping's pregnancy wasn't exactly written around, she was MIA for 5 episodes.
Claudia Black's pregnancy was written into SG-1's story.
Rachel Luttrell's pregnancy was written into SGA's story.

Commander Zelix
April 19th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I can't believe some people try to compare the soapy TJ pregnancy with Vala and Teyla pregnancies. The both had a nice sci-fi twist to it, while TJ got the "I'm pregnant with married man baby"-"who happens to be my boss btw"-vibe. There's no sci-fi twist at all. In fact, its a soapy twist. Yeah TJs pregnancy does resemble the juvenile 200 tone. Only the age of the characters differ. For god sake Vala's pregnancy was the birth of the anti-christ.

DigiFluid
April 19th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Quoted poster said something incorrect. I corrected. End of story.

Daro
April 19th, 2010, 08:20 PM
I can't believe some people try to compare the soapy TJ pregnancy with Vala and Teyla pregnancies. The both had a nice sci-fi twist to it, while TJ got the "I'm pregnant with married man baby"-"who happens to be my boss btw"-vibe. There's no sci-fi twist at all. In fact, its a soapy twist. Yeah TJs pregnancy does resemble the juvenile 200 tone. Only the age of the characters differ. For god sake Vala's pregnancy was the birth of the anti-christ.

Maybe there is a sci-fi twist that will come to light later on. After all, you're comparing a storyline that just now mentions her pregnancy against the storylines of two characters whose pregnancies and the consequences of were shown over time. After we get the whole story on TJ's baby, it may turn out to be mundane, but it may not. I'm willing, always, to give SGU time to answer questions.

Eternal Density
April 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM
i don't see a connection between 200 and TJAh, yes.
I don't see a connection between 200 and anything serious whatsoever :D

I can't believe some people try to compare the soapy TJ pregnancy with Vala and Teyla pregnancies. The both had a nice sci-fi twist to it, while TJ got the "I'm pregnant with married man baby"-"who happens to be my boss btw"-vibe. There's no sci-fi twist at all. In fact, its a soapy twist. Yeah TJs pregnancy does resemble the juvenile 200 tone. Only the age of the characters differ. For god sake Vala's pregnancy was the birth of the anti-christ.It doesn't resemble 200's tone at all. 200 was just a spoof, a parody. This is deadly serious. And I think it fits the overall story a lot better that Teyla's kid: they had to invent and back-sell the father, for crying out loud!

Nobody in the history of humankind has ever been pregnant. Especially after sleeping with someone.

You must be on to something.Hmm, I'm not surprised - the whole thing did sound a bit ridiculous. Seriously, people growing inside people? That's just a story they tell to scare children!

The Swarm
April 20th, 2010, 01:02 AM

Maybe TJ's pregnancy gets affected by that Obelisk radiation and her baby becomes psychic?!?

Inquisitor
April 20th, 2010, 02:36 AM

I was thinking this as well, except I made the comparison between the young O'Neill/Mitchell and Lt Scott. The actors looked quite a like as well. Similarly with Eli and the young Daniel Jackson.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 20th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Why does TJ's pregnancy need a "SciFi twist"? Unless they evaced with an emergency supply of condoms or oral birth control pills women among the evacuees were going to get pregnant. This is a natural consequence of there circumstances. That Ms. Huffman ot pregnant in real life gave the writers the opportunity to deal with this issue now. It shouldn't be the last pregnancy.

Wayston
April 20th, 2010, 06:22 AM
so she's pregnant in real life is she?

The Mighty 6 platoon
April 20th, 2010, 07:01 AM
How about she’s faced with the prospect of brining up a child on a rusty old space ship, often in danger and under attack, billions of light-years from home. Seems pretty scifi to me, or do spaceships not count anymore?

MattSilver 3k
April 20th, 2010, 10:12 AM
How about she’s faced with the prospect of brining up a child on a rusty old space ship, often in danger and under attack, billions of light-years from home. Seems pretty scifi to me, or do spaceships not count anymore?

No of course not. Alien-affected baby or bust.

J_schinderlin56
April 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM
They've been doing a lot of stuff in the past coule of years that used to be the butt of their jokes.

Eternal Density
April 20th, 2010, 04:52 PM
so she's pregnant in real life is she?No. Not any more.
FYI she Tweeted during labor.