This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory about the LA

I think they might have found the place destiny launched from it would explain a lot.

They are clearly after destiny why els try and land troops on Icarus it has no other value.

The Ha'taks were way more powerful than they used to be and the weapons looked different kind of more in line with the ones on destiny if we can reverse engineer asgard stuff surely they can reverse engineer stuff too.

In the trailer for season 1.5 it shows someone on destiny with a Lucian alliance gun implying that atleast one LA person gets to destiny.

If they have the launch site they could engineer a way there earth did it without even knowing what the ninth chevron is for and the alaince have at least three races in (human, serakan and those guys that tried to buy promethius off vala)

In the trailer there is also a shot of a 304 in battle perhaps earth finds the base the LA embark from.

Its the only explanation I can think of for all the above though they would likely need a spy on earth to know about icarus.

Please keep spoilers light as i'm actually spoiler free right now beyond knowing that they appear again in some capacity

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Originally posted by Ed View Post
    I think they might have found the place destiny launched from it would explain a lot.

They are clearly after destiny why els try and land troops on Icarus it has no other value.

The Ha'taks were way more powerful than they used to be and the weapons looked different kind of more in line with the ones on destiny if we can reverse engineer asgard stuff surely they can reverse engineer stuff too.

In the trailer for season 1.5 it shows someone on destiny with a Lucian alliance gun implying that atleast one LA person gets to destiny.

If they have the launch site they could engineer a way there earth did it without even knowing what the ninth chevron is for and the alaince have at least three races in (human, serakan and those guys that tried to buy promethius off vala)

In the trailer there is also a shot of a 304 in battle perhaps earth finds the base the LA embark from.

Its the only explanation I can think of for all the above though they would likely need a spy on earth to know about icarus.

Please keep spoilers light as i'm actually spoiler free right now beyond knowing that they appear again in some capacity
    Somewhere I read that they managed to
    Spoiler:
    direct big amount of energy to a gate on some of their planets (energy source???) and, possibly after torturing Rush (when he switches bodies with Telford whom they've captured) managed to get from him the secret how to dial "Destiny". As in case of "Air 1-2", the enemy arrives when they are about to go through the gate... only this time the "enemy" is, of course, one of the Earth ships (or more) and as a resullt, the LA planet blows up too while KIva with her people manage to get to the "Destiny". So one-way trip for them too.

Spoiler:
    Also in the trailer you can see that there are more than one LA guy going to the "Destiny". Didn't really count but there could've been 15-20 people (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6HvUGXjNnc 1:17), maybe less, maybe more. And, as I see it, some will survive to the 2nd season too... maybe even most of them. I'm really interested if LA expedition is only military or there are scientists too on the team... or maybe civilians also (if there is such a thing as the LA civilian) who fled the Earth attack on the base. Certainly having a significan number of LA people aboard the ship would mean that after in this season Tau'ri manage to work together as a team, in season 2 new complications and problems would star (like "Voyager's" Maquis and Federation guys on thip that unfortunately wasn't developed there)

Obviously. LA won't be just one-time villain or some bad guys used only when there's nothing else to show on screen. The quality of LA actors show that- Rhona Mitra and Rober Knepper, I doubt would take a role of the usual LA ''Netan'' guy... Not only the creators of SGU wouldn't pay their bills for playing such character but also the actors wouldn't take such easy and dull roles...
    Last edited by latvian_stargatefan; 19 April 2010, 03:21 AM.
    - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

Destiny was launched from Earth, therefore the LA couldnt have found its launch site.

Comment

The only way LA could aboard the Destiny is through the stargate. Probably using the same method traveling through stargate to a moving Ga'ould mothership, the just need the same gate address dialed from Icarus's stargate.

Comment

In the pilot, Rush said that the Icarus planet's "properties are unique". Who's to say they were really unique? If this was a secret Earth base, somewhere on the other side of the galaxy there could be a similar planet, LA could've found some ancient powersource on some planet, some Ori tech or what not and made a base there.

The only question- how did they found out about the 9th chevron thingy. The obvious answer- captured, brainwashed Telford and the guy told them (unwillingly). They knew that Earth was ahead them with the project so sent Ha'taks to take care about the Earth project. Still, they got to know that Earth managed to get to the "Destiny", captured Telford and via stones got to Rush and tortured him for info how to dial "Destiny"... After that it's all easy- arrive on the ship and start shooting...

The thing is, we don't know how far the LA has progressed. They were dull in SG1 last years but controlled many planets and Ha'taks already. By this time, they could easily evolve from bunch of thugs to normal space-faring civilization or a sort of it- with government, scientists, large army etc. There were a lot of Ori stuff left over after the war, there are "Grace'' aliens in the galaxy- maybe they met them, there are limitless possibilities how they could acqwire technology. After all, they have more ships and more people that could be researching stuff in the Milky Way, making their own SG teams going off-world from many planets etc.

It would be a great scene if someone like Young asked them "How did you manage to dial the 9th chevron?" etc. and they would answer sth like "Well, you have some 15 SG teams so we took the concept and made SG team versions too- we have, say, 20 planets under our rule and we stationed on each of them some 15 SG teams so 20X15 = we have some 300 SG teams currently working in Milky Way, finding technology, exploring planets etc... "

Comment

My guess on the mole is

Spoiler:
            TJ which would give double meaning for her wanting to stay on that planet besides getting knocked up

Comment

Icarus is a planet full of THE most powerful element in existence, better than AMAT in DOZENS of ways. that entire planet -according to my calcs- would produce a Supernova when it explodes. the LA could've upgraded their ships way past what the goauld did if they had gotten access to it.

second, there are many ways of far-dialling. i don't think the initial launch site has the power to dial Destiny, it's too far away.

Comment

Where/how would they capture telford?

Comment

isn't he SG personel that makes it easy failing that cloaked scout ship

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Where/how would they capture telford?
                    Telford, as I understand, spends a lot of time off-world, so I doubt that would be problem to capture him. Then again, in the last time we saw him, all he did was sitting in the Pentagon in front of stones... Well, maybe he finally understood that Young isn't going to connect to him and let him run around on the Destiny and continued with missions with SGC.

Comment

From what we have seen, he is a 302 fighter pilot, and is assigned to the hammond, except when on stone duty.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        From what we have seen, he is a 302 fighter pilot, and is assigned to the hammond, except when on stone duty.
                        No, he was assigned to the Icarus base and got aboard the "Hammond" only during the battle. As you remember, there were already F302s stationed on the Icarus planet when the guests beamed down... I doubt F302 flies faster than the beam... Of course, it might've been that F302s were first to land and only then guests followed but there was no need for F320s of Hammond to go down to the planet. Also, on SG-1 we saw 302s permanently stationed in off-world bases.
                        Also, he was already in Icarus base when Hammond came (the incident with Greer).

Who knows where'd he been before Icarus. Maybe fighting LA in his F302 or sth like that... could've easily be captured.

Comment

Seems to me it would be a little bit contrived though to have him be the one captured.

Comment

Working...
                          X