Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Asgard (Season 2 spoilers & speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard (Season 2 spoilers & speculation)

If anyone read Stargate Project's interview with Joe Mallozzi he said "an Asgard as a possible team member or recurring character? Well, check out Atlantis season 2."

I'm liking the sound of it. One possibility is, since they'll have contact with Earth in Season 2, they might contact the Asgard to help them bring Atlantis back to life. Heimdall or someone could be stationed at Atlantis, which would actually mean bringing Teryl Rothery back

Originally posted by Teal'c
    If anyone read Stargate Project's interview with Joe Mallozzi he said "an Asgard as a possible team member or recurring character? Well, check out Atlantis season 2."

I'm liking the sound of it. One possibility is, since they'll have contact with Earth in Season 2, they might contact the Asgard to help them bring Atlantis back to life. Heimdall or someone could be stationed at Atlantis, which would actually mean bringing Teryl Rothery back
    Woah...I like the sound of that. Thanks for the optimism!

Comment

Thats one big WOW, if its confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
        Thats one big WOW, if its confirmed
        Joe said see season 2, so if it doesn't happen we can legally beat him with melons

Comment

How does that mean anything?

A little kid asks they're parents "Where can I dig up some gold?", and the parents jokingly say "Try the back yard!"

That's how I read it, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzcoatl
            How does that mean anything?

A little kid asks they're parents "Where can I dig up some gold?", and the parents jokingly say "Try the back yard!"

That's how I read it, anyway.
            He said check out Season 2. It's what known as implication, where information is provided subtley and indirectly and can sometimes be accomponied by a wink.

Comment

Damn if it's confirm I will watch SG-A more than ever ! (I already watch it the same day it's out )

I would be awesome !!!! I said since the beginning of SG-A that we should seek help to thre asgard ... not really help but at least told them we have that city ... and with big advance ancient lab they could probably cure their genetic problem
              - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
              - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
              - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                Damn if it's confirm I will watch SG-A more than ever ! (I already watch it the same day it's out )

I would be awesome !!!! I said since the beginning of SG-A that we should seek help to thre asgard ... not really help but at least told them we have that city ... and with big advance ancient lab they could probably cure their genetic problem
                Or make them see shadows and give them a brain hemerige

Comment

I'm guessing this will be the first of many tie-ins. The whole 'no or limited' contact with Earth' thing is to just keep the shows seperate and to make atlantis stand on its own. Once SG-1 is over, i can't see any reason why they'd start totally taking stuff from SG-1 universe. Asgard... maybe even the goa'uld.
                  Once SG-1 is over, they can even merge the sets. They said the stranded thing was temp, so maybe even later on the characters can wake up on earth, have some cofee, goto the SGC, gate over to atlantis and get to work.

Hmm... i think i lost the topic thread there...

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                  DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Maybe it'll be Loki... this is his punishment, living with Humans, helping them with all their little problems, and shuttling messages back and forth to Earth.

-IMF
                    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                      Maybe it'll be Loki... this is his punishment, living with Humans, helping them with all their little problems, and shuttling messages back and forth to Earth.

-IMF
                      I would hate to be an Lantean. Loki would test everyone. They would be one huge test tube.
                      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
                        I would hate to be an Lantean. Loki would test everyone. They would be one huge test tube.
                        "Loki could you... hey! What are you doing?"
                        "Nothing."
                        "Were you scanning me?!?"
                        "No."
                        "What's that in your hand?"
                        "An iPod?"
                        "It's a scanner!"
                        "No, I swear! I was listing to some Coldplay!"
                        "It's a scanner."
                        "... ok, yes it's a scanner! But so what, I wasn't hurting anyone!"
                        "I don't care... is that some of my hair?!?"

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I want it to Heimdall. He was the scientist researching the ancient Asgard in S5, Revelations. I like him. He and Beckett together might make it fun, especially if McKay joins the group on occasion.

Comment

See, as much as i would love a regualar asgard, that would mess with the status quo a bit to much. The point of these shows is the gradual evolution of us.
                            If in season 2, when we met the asgard, they gave us all we needed and we went and whooped the goa'uld, the show would have been over.

If atlantis got a regular Asgard, it would mean they are giving us everything. We can't be TOO advanced, it just wouldnt be stargate anymore. I know we have the City, but we don't even know how to use most of it, and cant even figure out what the rest does.

I like the asgard relationship we have. They are Way beyond us, look at us as kids, and pop in to save our butts.

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                            DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterholic
                              See, as much as i would love a regualar asgard, that would mess with the status quo a bit to much. The point of these shows is the gradual evolution of us.
                              If in season 2, when we met the asgard, they gave us all we needed and we went and whooped the goa'uld, the show would have been over.

If atlantis got a regular Asgard, it would mean they are giving us everything. We can't be TOO advanced, it just wouldnt be stargate anymore. I know we have the City, but we don't even know how to use most of it, and cant even figure out what the rest does.

I like the asgard relationship we have. They are Way beyond us, look at us as kids, and pop in to save our butts.
                              Possibly a minor recurring role, or a major recurring role like Jacob/Selmak on SG-1? Or maybe they'll bring over a Tok'ra or something, Jacob himself maybe.

Comment

Working...
                              X