Second Shuttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Shuttle

I was wondering, couldn't they members of the Destiny expedition just leave a message behind for the aliens who built the planet asking them to catch up to them and help them get back to Earth or something along those lines?

I then thought about the second shuttle, which they left behind. That would bre a good enough message that someone had been on the planet, right?

I just thought it was a plot hole that none of the characters suggested leaving a message, like a Kino maybe.
    I roll the dice and everyone else loses.

Originally posted by ManofTheAtom View Post
    I was wondering, couldn't they members of the Destiny expedition just leave a message behind for the aliens who built the planet asking them to catch up to them and help them get back to Earth or something along those lines?

I then thought about the second shuttle, which they left behind. That would bre a good enough message that someone had been on the planet, right?

I just thought it was a plot hole that none of the characters suggested leaving a message, like a Kino maybe.
    it's only a guess that the solar system was built by aliens.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      I think that it's a safe bet that some kind of alien intelligence created (or placed) the star, the planet, and the obelisk on the Destiny's path.

There were several points made in the episode that pointed to the planet being an anomaly that had to have been created (or placed) by someone else because it couldn't have happened naturally (i.e. the age of the star vs the development of the planet).

Plus, the obelisk is a huge indication of some sort of alien intelliegence keeping an eye on that world.

Now, whether that intelliegence will be benevolent or wrathful (i.e. they kindly placed the planet on the path of the Destiny to give the members of the expedition an option other than the ship, or they are like the guy in Stand By Me who didn't like people going into his junkyard) remains to be seen.

Other than aliens, the closest thing there are to Gods in Stargate is the Ascended, and they wouldn't need an obelisk, nor would they leave one behind to let them know if people have been to their planet --- they wouldn't need a planet at all.

Comment

Umm...You do realize that Caine and some of his followers stayed behind, right?

Comment

I am very curious about what actually happened at the end, because they did not specifically say/show whether people still stayed behind, even after Scott and TJ decided/were forced to come back to Destiny. This also leads to the question about whether in the end they actually left the damaged shuttle behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil 37 View Post
            I am very curious about what actually happened at the end, because they did not specifically say/show whether people still stayed behind, even after Scott and TJ decided/were forced to come back to Destiny. This also leads to the question about whether in the end they actually left the damaged shuttle behind.
            Chloe was the only civilian shown to change her mind. I think if Caine returned, he would have been shown. And the shuttle would have stayed behind no matter what, because it couldn't make the trip back.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
              Umm...You do realize that Caine and some of his followers stayed behind, right?
              Oh, they did? I didn't notice that. I thought that they all went back.

Comment

Oh, they did? I didn't notice that. I thought that they all went back.
                They didn't. When Young told them what was what, the military personnel all moved behind him, along with a few scientists, while other civilians moved to Caine. TJ and Scott went to Young and it was revealed on Destiny that Chloe did so as well. It's not clear just how many remained, but some did stay behind.

Comment

Chloe was the only civilian shown to change her mind. I think if Caine returned, he would have been shown. And the shuttle would have stayed behind no matter what, because it couldn't make the trip back.
                  Yeah.

Comment

They didn't. When Young told them what was what, the military personnel all moved behind him, along with a few scientists, while other civilians moved to Caine. TJ and Scott went to Young and it was revealed on Destiny that Chloe did so as well. It's not clear just how many remained, but some did stay behind.
                    Interesting.

I only saw Morrison move to the military side on the planet, I didn't see which side of the line Volker moved to, so when I saw him on Destiny I thought he and the other civilians had relented.

Comment

i 'll add ... and it's a guess that they'll come back ... you don't really know what was the light about ... we can imagine that was for communication but if the planet was made by aliens ( if , only ) you don't know the propose of the planet.
                      Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Originally posted by hiro View Post
                        i 'll add ... and it's a guess that they'll come back ... you don't really know what was the light about ... we can imagine that was for communication but if the planet was made by aliens ( if , only ) you don't know the propose of the planet.
                        If we were to flashforward 150 years on that planet and see a civlization made up of the descendants of the civilizans that stayed behind (assuming any of them were women, I didn't notice one way or the other), I'd be willing to bet that they would worship the aliens as if they were Gods.

On another note, the notion of a planet that provides people with everything they need reminded me of the Elloi in the Time Machine, which I thought was cool.

Comment

Also assuming that the aliens are still around. The ancients build and left many stuff that are still working behind but they are no longer around (in the human form).

Comment

Originally posted by norph View Post
                            Also assuming that the aliens are still around. The ancients build and left many stuff that are still working behind but they are no longer around (in the human form).
                            Ah, but the Ancients never made it to that part of the universe. The presence of the planet, star, and obelisk indicates the existence of a race that is probably far more advanced than the Ancients ever were, before or after they ascended.

Comment

If we were to flashforward 150 years on that planet and see a civlization made up of the descendants of the civilizans that stayed behind (assuming any of them were women, I didn't notice one way or the other), I'd be willing to bet that they would worship the aliens as if they were Gods.
                              I don't think there's enough people on that planet to create a civilization, except maybe of inbreds.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X