Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing "Faith" in...

Lt Scott .

I enjoyed "Faith" it was a good character piece and very human.

However I am really starting to wonder if Scott should be replaced as 2IC as of "Faith". He seemed too unsure, his '' we where meant to stay, it was our lifeline'' bit felt like he was whining. He has too many distractions Chloe, the whole baby daddy thing and looks like he wants to be everyones friend instead of a military commander making decisions.

I dunno, I kept thinking that Greer and James has more stones that this guy.

Of course we are limited on replacements.

Greer
    Love Greer, have the feeling as of ''Justice'' ''Divided'' and ''Faith'' he earns more respect from the Military side then Scott does. He is willing to compromise but he does tend to have a very aggressive stance which kind of excludes him. Still, that's Ok he is cooler doing his own thing.

James
    Hmmmmm... shes feisty , strong and assured. Mostly . But as of ' Space ' who knows how she really is. Probably does not have enough experience.

While ''Faith'' was a great showpiece for the characters, including Wray I just hope future showings explain why of all people Scott is 2IC. Being Reasonable is a good thing, a little more salt in his step wouldn't go awry either.

I believe Scott is the next ranking officer after Young, hence why he is 2iC.

I think Greer is probably more experienced in combat than either Scott or James though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
      I believe Scott is the next ranking officer after Young, hence why he is 2iC.

I think Greer is probably more experienced in combat than either Scott or James though.
      Right. Greer is a non com, but probably is more experienced than Scott.

I think the credits have established James as a Lt. Second Class.

TJ I would imagine since she was a medic at Icarus is kinda like Dr. Fraiser where even though for much of the show she was Carter's equal in rank, she was definitely subordinate to Carter in any non-medical situation.

I don't know if it's been explicitly stated, but I think it's safe to assume that Scott is a Lt. First Class.
      Last edited by Major_Griff; 18 April 2010, 05:14 PM.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
        I don't know if it's been explicitly stated, but I think it's safe to assume that Scott is a Lt. First Class.
        For sure he and TJ (then Tamara Jon) were billed as such in the casting call. Whether that info has made its way into dialogue yet, I don't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
          For sure he and TJ (then Tamara Jon) were billed as such in the casting call. Whether that info has made its way into dialogue yet, I don't remember.
          Okay so yeah then it makes perfect sense why Scott is 2IC of the military.

Perfecto!

Comment

Of course, the next highest ranking officer after Scott is TJ, so same problem there.

Comment

It was mention in the first episode that Icarus was Scott's first assignment, so he is relative new to this.

We don't know how long Greer had been involved in the stargate program, he could have been involved in it much longer and had more off-world experience.

Comment

Originally posted by norph View Post
                It was mention in the first episode that Icarus was Scott's first assignment, so he is relative new to this.

We don't know how long Greer had been involved in the stargate program, he could have been involved in it much longer and had more off-world experience.
                Didn't he say that this was his first assignment out of the SGC? I think he's had a good bit of experience, but it was all on Earth with limited offworld action.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

These are the wrong people

If you ask me, TPTB should pull a Spartacus and "kill them all" in the season finale!

/joking
                  sigpic

Comment

Only other officers on board are TJ and James, both lieutenants. Now that TJ is preggers and obviously emotional, I'd go with James.

Yes it was a mistake for him to decide to remain on the planet. He did it to take care of the people remaining, a respectable officer trait. However he lost sight of the people on Destiny, and that's where his failure was.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                      Only other officers on board are TJ and James, both lieutenants. Now that TJ is preggers and obviously emotional, I'd go with James.

Yes it was a mistake for him to decide to remain on the planet. He did it to take care of the people remaining, a respectable officer trait. However he lost sight of the people on Destiny, and that's where his failure was.
                      Going along with that, The thing is that he has little experience in leadership. This is a huge first for him, I think he is trying to find himself as much as Eli.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        Going along with that, The thing is that he has little experience in leadership. This is a huge first for him, I think he is trying to find himself as much as Eli.
                        With that said, press rewind to Air. He got A bombed then with authority right from the start. He handled the situation pretty well, and gave him some experience. Come back to the present situation on Destiny, Scott's outlook has changed yes, everyone's has. They are now stuck on a ship on the other side of the galaxy, it's dark, the food sucks and their not going home. So decision making might appear inexperienced, however Scott isn't inexperienced. He like everyone else is just in a bad spot, in a bad way.
                        sigpic

Comment

I think Scott will work out, he has loads of growing to do but his descision making process is basically right. He is trying to follow orders and mend some fences, thats all that he can do for the moment. While Greer has a way of going about it better. Very much of a Drill Sergent there.

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                            With that said, press rewind to Air. He got A bombed then with authority right from the start. He handled the situation pretty well, and gave him some experience. Come back to the present situation on Destiny, Scott's outlook has changed yes, everyone's has. They are now stuck on a ship on the other side of the galaxy, it's dark, the food sucks and their not going home. So decision making might appear inexperienced, however Scott isn't inexperienced. He like everyone else is just in a bad spot, in a bad way.
                            I think that he cares too much, he's too attached to the situation. Not that that is a bad thing per say, but it can lead him to make judgement based only on emotion.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              I think that he cares too much, he's too attached to the situation. Not that that is a bad thing per say, but it can lead him to make judgement based only on emotion.
                              My problem is not that he is given authority. Like you said, he is trying to be the nice guy, to bond etc. Greer way is simple. Work together , not making it about being buds because I told you to. That being said that kind of approach will not work in the long run but it's more practical that Scott's. The writers did a disservice to the character by basically having him run away planet side to protect about seven civies while his main duty is on-board the ship. His justification that the planet was meant , and destined and they should have stayed did him no favors either.

Comment

Working...
                              X