Why no Kino?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no Kino?

Why there is no Kino recording on the planet as they send the team? Wouldn't that Eli always stressing it is important to make a documentation for everything they do?

Kino could be use to records all the writing or detail structure of the obelisk. How come this opportunity has been let go? Kino footage may also change some of civilians decision whether to go or not to the planet. I am really surprised the writer can missed that out as the Kino is trademark of SGU uniqueness of the show when the stargate is offline.

What do you think?

Watch it again and you'll se that there is Kino footage during the football/soccer game.

And maybe Volker used it too.

Comment

There was a Kino on the planet. You can see it when they play football, so they could record that writings on the obelisk.

They are coming...Smurfs!

Comment

the kino was there. this time round, however, Eli wasn't there to stalk everyone. i bet Tamara would've used one to check plants etc in the vicinity. and Scott would've used them to check perimeters. it's just that it would be basic tactics, not horribly new anymore.

Comment

Wouldn't that weird? Yeah, I see the footage, but I didn't see who operate it. The science guy who stand near the obelisk didn't even use Kino while he was there. Why is that? They have the tool, but never thought to use it for the most appropriate purpose. Is it the Knio is too advance for them more than Ipod?

Aaarghh! I don't understand this kind of story telling method. It's like they insult our intelligent and ask us to praise it....

Comment

I didn't quite understand the post above.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
              I didn't quite understand the post above.
              Because the science guy (volker?) who was trying decipher the Obelisk claimed he didn't have enough time to do so before leaving the planet. But instead he could simply use the kino to record what's written on the obelisk then work on it on the Destiny. Its true but somewhat nitpicking.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Yes I get that but I think Trinary's post in very, very cryptic. Especially the part about intelligence...

Really, they had a month there. We weren't shown everything they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                  Yes I get that but I think Trinary's post in very, very cryptic. Especially the part about intelligence...

Really, they had a month there. We weren't shown everything they did.
                  Still if the scientist is whining at the end that he didn't have enough time to decipher the obelisk, it means he didn't record it or it wouldn't such a big problem. Its not big plot hole.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                    I see the footage, but I didn't see who operate it.
                    You can actually see Volker operate the remote control, he's in the left

Clear shot
                    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...bum=911&pos=20

Originally posted by Trinary View Post
                    The science guy who stand near the obelisk didn't even use Kino while he was there. Why is that?
                    We don't know that. But probably he did given the fact that he used it during the game.

Comment

How can I fully enjoying the show when the writer had a discrimination toward the civilians and/or science guys? It's tell you that those non-military people is bunch of useless people. How can they got the job at Icarus in the first place if they are not smart enough to use the best resources to make the job done?

Comment

Originally posted by OutandAboot View Post
                        We don't know that. But probably he did given the fact that he used it during the game.
                        Then why would he be whining that he didn't have enough time to decipher the obelisk in the end if he had the writing on record?

Comment

He maybe wanted to decipher it before leaving so Rush will give him credit.

Comment

you know why the civvies are useless? because the millitary are the right people in the wrong place, the civvies are the wrong people in the wrong place.

still, the kino is a small ball. it could've been anywhere, they could've had dozens of them flying around. i mean, did we see MALPs all the time in SG1?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                              Then why would he be whining that he didn't have enough time to decipher the obelisk in the end if he had the writing on record?
                              I think it's more the fact that they were leaving and never coming back, so they couldn't physically interact with the obelisk (which is obviously a device, not just a piece of architecture with funny symbols).

Comment

Working...
                              X