This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate bashing by Farscape fans

I was going to respond to a post on a certain Farscape site, but I decided against it as it would probably just lead to nowhere and angry up some people. But, are any of you a little tired of the constant Stargate bashing by Farscape fans? I know one thread at savefarscape.com where someone wrote that they should just rename the site ihatestargate.com. To hear an opinion is one thing, but they as a community really need to get over being canceled. I was upset as anyone that the show was canned, but life moves on. The arrogance of these people gets really annoying, the "our show is just so intelligent and stargate is for the peasants" attitude really doesn't do much to help their cause I think. If anything, as a Stargate fan, their community attitude just turned me off to the point I stopped paying any attention to Farscape. Well, that’s my rant. So what are your thoughts on this....?

And please, lets keep this a discussion and not a world war.

They are just pissed FarScape got cancelled and SG1 continued on.

I would've liked to have them both. There are 200 other shows Sci-Fi could've cancelled.

Comment

I think the reason SG1 has been able to survive while other sci-fi shows have not is because it is mostly based in reality, it takes place at this current time and it is somewhat believeable they are real people that people watching can mostly relate with.

Comment

It is against forum rules to talk trash about the denizens of other boards, particularly since they are not here to defend themselves. You may want to rethink some of your wording.

IN MY EXPERIENCE, most Farscape fans are either Stargate fans themselves or they don't really give a flip. The only ones I have seen attacking Stargate and/or its fans are the ones who aren't fans of Farscape, but post in places in order to incite riots between the two fandoms. There may be a few rabid pro-Farscape fans out there dumping on Stargate, but there are rabid people in EVERY fandom and Stargate is by absolutely NO means immune to that. If fact, I've seen Gaters attack Scapers... usually because of the third-party trolls stirring up trouble.

Maybe you should grant other fandoms the benefit of a doubt. Stargate fans are not some holy, perfect all-benevolent people any more than any other fandoms are.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rabbit
          I think the reason SG1 has been able to survive while other sci-fi shows have not is because it is mostly based in reality, it takes place at this current time and it is somewhat believeable they are real people that people watching can mostly relate with.
          FARSCAPE was based in this time and in reality, just set on the other side of the galaxy. FARSCAPE did introduce alot of alien scpecies though, alot of which did not resemble humans, I guess you could see that as a turn off, if you wanted to.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

If you have a problem with another site, please could it be left there and not brought here. Things can get a bit unpleasant otherwise, even with the best of intentions.

Personally I've never noticed any Stargate-bashing by Farscape fans. We have a lot of Farscape fans on this board, and they play just as nice as the non-'scapers.

I'm not really sure what you want to discuss. If another board has Stargate-bashing then it's not really our business; no one is obliged to like it and the people who dislike it usually have reasons for disliking it.

This board is for Stargate fans, and we all like Stargate to a degree. That's all that matters. I can't see how this thread can go further without breaking forum rules about not commenting on disputes at other boards, so I'm closing the thread.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
            X