Alternative ending to this ep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative ending to this ep.

This was a brilliant concept. But how it ended is a bit strange.

I would have liked to see the time line a bit different.
    When Scott reports the anomaly with the obelisk. A massive structure appears. After a few seconds it emanates a short blinding flash.The planet is scanned, Destiny is scanned. Rush struggles to manually brings the object up on the screen. Because Destiny is not auto targeting it. Its not registering mass, can't be scanned. The only confirmation they have that it's there is because they can see it. Young ask... what it is... Rush doesn't answer. The people on the planet have also felt and seen the flash and look up. And notice the structure. It's huge Maybe as big as a moon. Shortly after the people and equipment from the planet are back on Destiny. Wouldn't say they where beamed they just appeared there. All of a sudden they notice they are back in hyperspace. No system, no structure. No time discrepancies. The only evidence they have they went to the planet is the memory of it, some food and fully repaired shuttles.
    What do you think?

Deja Vu.

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
      When Scott reports the anomaly with the obelisk. A massive structure appears. After a few seconds it emanates a short blinding flash.The planet is scanned, Destiny is scanned. Rush struggles to manually brings the object up on the screen. Because Destiny is not auto targeting it. Its not registering mass, can't be scanned. The only confirmation they have that it's there is because they can see it. Young ask... what it is... Rush doesn't answer. The people on the planet have also felt and seen the flash and look up. And notice the structure. It's huge Maybe as big as a moon. Shortly after the people and equipment from the planet are back on Destiny. Wouldn't say they where beamed they just appeared there. All of a sudden they notice they are back in hyperspace. No system, no structure. No time discrepancies. The only evidence they have they went to the planet is the memory of it, some food and fully repaired shuttles.
      What do you think?
      nice ! But i don't like to much the "all happend and not happend think " like in Time ...
      Watching SGA and SGU

Comment

Yeah I like this too, it would also explain why the seeder ship wasn't able to scan and relay the information to Destiny instead of the unlikely conclusion that the planet/star were created.

Comment

unlikely conclusion that the planet/star were created.
          any of the 4 great races could've easily built a star system.

Comment

No.

Comment

that just raises more questions that seem completely absurd

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                any of the 4 great races could've easily built a star system.
                They probably could but they wouldn't, galaxies have 100's of billions of stars there is no good reason to create more.

Comment

meh.

Comment

They probably could but they wouldn't, galaxies have 100's of billions of stars there is no good reason to create more.
                    of course they could. but the asgard have such advanced hyperdrives, it's simply easier to move to the next galaxy.

Comment

I'm glad they didn't wrap up the episode like that, no offense. The episode needed to last longer than it did (i.e. the beam goes up after a few days and Destiny is helpless to help the people on the planet, but thats a different story).

Frankly, I'd like to see them follow this episode up some point later, after they gain control of the steering wheel, turn the ship around and retrace their steps. And stumble on this planet again to find out what happened. I'm not sure what a truly satisfying conclusion would be (finding the people alive and thriving, offering the people on Destiny another chance to stay, everyone missing with no sign of them, no system at all). Maybe the whole system jumps around alternate universes...

Comment

Originally posted by eonflux View Post
                        This was a brilliant concept. But how it ended is a bit strange.

I would have liked to see the time line a bit different.
                        What do you think?
                        Interesting..that is different. Prefer what we got but it would have definitely added more spice to the mystery .

Comment

I'd like to see an ending where Col. Young dosen't make it to the bathroom on time. "Oh NO"!!!!!!
                          Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Working...
                          X