X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural Season 6 Spoiler Thread

'Supernatural' to become more intimate?

Supernatural showrunner Sera Gamble has claimed that the programme could become more "intimate".Gamble admitted that it will be difficult to follow the fifth season, which has centred around Lucifer and the apocalypse. "Every season of the show is creatively daunting," she told BuddyTV.

"There are certain things that are daunting about going into the season after Lucifer but you just don't try to top it. Why would you ever go bigger than Lucifer? You just turn left and go a whole other direction and Supernatural is such a solid foundation of a show." She continued: "It's never really been about God and the angels and demons. It's a show about Sam and Dean and what they do as a job and it's about their family. So we can take them in a lot of different directions."

Gamble also suggested that the programme will focus more on the brothers' relationship in the future.

She explained: "Supernatural has always been a very self-imposed, repeatable franchise and there has always been, I think, a very deep well to jump into the boys' relationship. I don't think we've really exhausted that at all and we have a lot of ideas for where to go after season five that we're really excited about. It's kind of like in the movies. The heroes save the day and then just drive off into the sunset right after the climax of the movie. And we have the opportunity to go from the epic back to a more intimate story, which I think is probably what we would do if we got the opportunity. And then sort of investigate a whole different set of situations."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s6/...-intimate.html

Yeah, you can't go much bigger than Satan himself. I totally agree with that.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Actually, I wouldn't mind to go back to something like S2 or S3, with a theme loosely tying the episodes together, but each one pretty much stand alone. Don't get me wrong, I love the myth arch of S4 and S5, but it's basically the culmination of three earlier seasons, and I wouldn't want them to rush through an epic story in 22 eps.

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I have a lot of faith that whatever they do, it will be good. This show has earned my trust over the years.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a show that's so in tune with what the fans - or at least this fan - want. I don't even think it's so much a thing of listening to us, it's just that the writers are on the same page and care about the show just as much as we/I do.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
            I don't think I've ever seen a show that's so in tune with what the fans - or at least this fan - want. I don't even think it's so much a thing of listening to us, it's just that the writers are on the same page and care about the show just as much as we/I do.
            Well, whatever it is...I hope it continues into season 6! Gotta love me some SPN!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Well, whatever it is...I hope it continues into season 6! Gotta love me some SPN!
              I don't see one reason why it wouldn't.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                Actually, I wouldn't mind to go back to something like S2 or S3, with a theme loosely tying the episodes together, but each one pretty much stand alone. Don't get me wrong, I love the myth arch of S4 and S5, but it's basically the culmination of three earlier seasons, and I wouldn't want them to rush through an epic story in 22 eps.
                ITA. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two seasons, but I do find that when re-watching episodes, I repeatedly return to season 2. I think because BOTH the stand-alone episodes, and the mythology episodes were so amazing. The last two seasons, I feel like the mythology, season-long arc episodes are wonderful, but the stand alones are a little more 'meh' than they were early in the series.

Comment

Sera Gamble talks about Season 6, but not really in depth and no real spoilers for all who saw the episodes so far:

http://tvguide.ca/Interviews/Feature..._finale_GD.htm
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

Thanks for that, iolanda! I hope they'll keep the news coming during the hiatus we'll have as of tomorrow.

There's an interview with Jensen where he talks some about S6. You can read it at http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/w...Ackles0001.jpg

sigpic

Comment

After this season finale, I really can't wait for Season 6.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        After this season finale, I really can't wait for Season 6.
                        I know...I wanna know if...
                        Spoiler:
                        that was Sam or Luci standing there at the end.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I know...I wanna know if...
                          Spoiler:
                          that was Sam or Luci standing there at the end.
                          It was
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam. I just know it. God brought him back, since Dean and Sam passed his "test". Lucifer is back where he belongs - in his cage.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            It was
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam. I just know it. God brought him back, since Dean and Sam passed his "test". Lucifer is back where he belongs - in his cage.
                            If this is true, then there isn't anything to stop the Apocalypse from happening again in several hundred / thousand years, when Lucifer finds another way out. Only now:
                            Spoiler:
                            Lucifer is stuck with Michael.
                            sigpic
                            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                              If this is true, then there isn't anything to stop the Apocalypse from happening again in several hundred / thousand years, when Lucifer finds another way out. Only now:
                              Spoiler:
                              Lucifer is stuck with Michael.
                              Yeah, that is true.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X