PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Season 6 Spoiler Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Madwelshboy
April 17th, 2010, 01:07 AM
'Supernatural' to become more intimate?

Supernatural showrunner Sera Gamble has claimed that the programme could become more "intimate".Gamble admitted that it will be difficult to follow the fifth season, which has centred around Lucifer and the apocalypse. "Every season of the show is creatively daunting," she told BuddyTV.

"There are certain things that are daunting about going into the season after Lucifer but you just don't try to top it. Why would you ever go bigger than Lucifer? You just turn left and go a whole other direction and Supernatural is such a solid foundation of a show." She continued: "It's never really been about God and the angels and demons. It's a show about Sam and Dean and what they do as a job and it's about their family. So we can take them in a lot of different directions."

Gamble also suggested that the programme will focus more on the brothers' relationship in the future.

She explained: "Supernatural has always been a very self-imposed, repeatable franchise and there has always been, I think, a very deep well to jump into the boys' relationship. I don't think we've really exhausted that at all and we have a lot of ideas for where to go after season five that we're really excited about. It's kind of like in the movies. The heroes save the day and then just drive off into the sunset right after the climax of the movie. And we have the opportunity to go from the epic back to a more intimate story, which I think is probably what we would do if we got the opportunity. And then sort of investigate a whole different set of situations."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s6/supernatural/news/a214832/supernatural-to-become-more-intimate.html

the fifth man
April 17th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah, you can't go much bigger than Satan himself. I totally agree with that.

starg8fans
April 19th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Actually, I wouldn't mind to go back to something like S2 or S3, with a theme loosely tying the episodes together, but each one pretty much stand alone. Don't get me wrong, I love the myth arch of S4 and S5, but it's basically the culmination of three earlier seasons, and I wouldn't want them to rush through an epic story in 22 eps.

the fifth man
April 19th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I have a lot of faith that whatever they do, it will be good. This show has earned my trust over the years.

starg8fans
April 19th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a show that's so in tune with what the fans - or at least this fan - want. I don't even think it's so much a thing of listening to us, it's just that the writers are on the same page and care about the show just as much as we/I do.

LtColCarter
April 20th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a show that's so in tune with what the fans - or at least this fan - want. I don't even think it's so much a thing of listening to us, it's just that the writers are on the same page and care about the show just as much as we/I do.

Well, whatever it is...I hope it continues into season 6! :D Gotta love me some SPN! :D

the fifth man
April 20th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Well, whatever it is...I hope it continues into season 6! :D Gotta love me some SPN! :D

I don't see one reason why it wouldn't.

Crichiel
April 21st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Actually, I wouldn't mind to go back to something like S2 or S3, with a theme loosely tying the episodes together, but each one pretty much stand alone. Don't get me wrong, I love the myth arch of S4 and S5, but it's basically the culmination of three earlier seasons, and I wouldn't want them to rush through an epic story in 22 eps.

ITA. I have thoroughly enjoyed the last two seasons, but I do find that when re-watching episodes, I repeatedly return to season 2. I think because BOTH the stand-alone episodes, and the mythology episodes were so amazing. The last two seasons, I feel like the mythology, season-long arc episodes are wonderful, but the stand alones are a little more 'meh' than they were early in the series. :o

iolanda
May 13th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Sera Gamble talks about Season 6, but not really in depth and no real spoilers for all who saw the episodes so far:

http://tvguide.ca/Interviews/Features/Articles/100513_supernatural_finale_GD.htm

starg8fans
May 13th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Thanks for that, iolanda! I hope they'll keep the news coming during the hiatus we'll have as of tomorrow. http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/smilies/tumbleweed.gif

There's an interview with Jensen where he talks some about S6. You can read it at http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww127/salspn/Extras/?action=view&current=JensenAckles0001.jpg

the fifth man
May 13th, 2010, 06:22 PM
After this season finale, I really can't wait for Season 6.

LtColCarter
May 14th, 2010, 06:51 AM
After this season finale, I really can't wait for Season 6.

I know...I wanna know if...that was Sam or Luci standing there at the end.

the fifth man
May 14th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I know...I wanna know if...that was Sam or Luci standing there at the end.

It was Sam. I just know it. God brought him back, since Dean and Sam passed his "test". Lucifer is back where he belongs - in his cage.

Aerilon
May 15th, 2010, 12:34 AM
It was Sam. I just know it. God brought him back, since Dean and Sam passed his "test". Lucifer is back where he belongs - in his cage.If this is true, then there isn't anything to stop the Apocalypse from happening again in several hundred / thousand years, when Lucifer finds another way out. Only now:Lucifer is stuck with Michael.

the fifth man
May 15th, 2010, 06:06 PM
If this is true, then there isn't anything to stop the Apocalypse from happening again in several hundred / thousand years, when Lucifer finds another way out. Only now:Lucifer is stuck with Michael.

Yeah, that is true.

Crichiel
May 15th, 2010, 07:35 PM
*psst* why are we spoiler-ing spoilers in the spoiler thread? ;) Because they're season 5 spoilers? Sorry, just thought it was funny! :P

Crichiel
May 15th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Sera Gamble talks about Season 6, but not really in depth and no real spoilers for all who saw the episodes so far:

http://tvguide.ca/Interviews/Features/Articles/100513_supernatural_finale_GD.htm

Thanks for the link, hon! This is the most encouraging news I've heard about the direction for season 6 so far! :)

the fifth man
May 16th, 2010, 06:06 PM
What I really can't wait for is the reunion between Dean and Sam. That should be very emotional.

LtColCarter
May 17th, 2010, 06:59 AM
It was Sam. I just know it. God brought him back, since Dean and Sam passed his "test". Lucifer is back where he belongs - in his cage.

A friend of mine thinks its Sam's ghost.

starg8fans
May 17th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I mean, in a way it is since he'scome back from the dead. But I don't think he's a spirit. I mean, after stopping the Apocalypse and Dean finally letting him grow up, what unfinished business could he have that keeps him here?
And to answer your question, Crichiel, yes, we spoiler these since everything from S5 is supposed to be under tags outside of the S5 spoiler thread. Better safe than sorry. People might peep in here just to find out when the next season starts, without having seen all of the eps.

LtColCarter
May 17th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I mean, in a way it is since he'scome back from the dead. But I don't think he's a spirit. I mean, after stopping the Apocalypse and Dean finally letting him grow up, what unfinished business could he have that keeps him here?

Dean...after all family is important

starg8fans
May 17th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Dean...after all family is important

Yes it is, but whatunfinished business is there between the brothers? That's usually what keeps spirits around. Or maybe he just wanted to make sure that Dean kept his promise. Sam's face in the last shot was kinda hard to read, it could have meant either approval or disapproval.

the fifth man
May 17th, 2010, 06:24 PM
A friend of mine thinks its Sam's ghost.

I don't see them taking that route on the show. And really, I don't think I would want them to.

starg8fans
May 17th, 2010, 09:44 PM
I don't see them taking that route on the show. And really, I don't think I would want them to.

I agree on both counts. That would feel just wrong on so many levels.

LtColCarter
May 18th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Only time (or spoilers) will tell

iolanda
May 18th, 2010, 06:23 AM
I recently read a FF in which the "Sam is back" scene happened some months after the events in Lawrence. I liked that idea.

Crichiel
May 18th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I recently read a FF in which the "Sam is back" scene happened some months after the events in Lawrence. I liked that idea.

"Recently"?! It would have to be VERY recently since the episode just came out 5 days ago!! ;) It always amazes me how fast the fanfic authors can write an episode tag story!!

iolanda
May 18th, 2010, 09:12 AM
"Recently"?! It would have to be VERY recently since the episode just came out 5 days ago!! ;) It always amazes me how fast the fanfic authors can write an episode tag story!!

The joys of having English as secondary language - there is a great chance that you chose the wrong word under the ones possible :P

Also my perception of time is a little off at the moment ;)

LtColCarter
May 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Last week we posted spoilers about what we should expect to see in season 6 of Supernatural and we learned that the show will go back to more one-shot storytelling with an season-long goal. In light of the season 5 finale that aired late last week, a lot of people are wondering how that will work. In some respects it's not really a return to the first or second season, since the show has always had a lot of one-off episodes with a long-term goal woven in, but we can expect that the Apocalypse storyline will be over and done with.

Now, courtesy of a translated Brazilian interview with Jensen Ackles, we learn a pretty big spoiler about season six. Seriously, don't read any further if you don't want to know!

Expect season six to pick up a few years after the season five finale:

For the creative aspect, we need to understand we just got over a gigantic climax and we’re getting into an unknown territory. The Apocalypse was avoided. That’s why we getting forward a few years and see where the Winchesters are and how it’s their lives. I can’t help, but think of the final scene of “The Hurt Locker” (2009 Oscar winner), when the main character sees himself in front of a shelf with several cereal boxes and doesn’t know what to do. The guy disarms bombs in Iraq, but gets lost on the supermarket! That is not his reality, just like not being a hunter looks like a different world to Dean. All his life was dedicated to one single task, almost like a voluntary slavery, now it’s time to face the monster of real world. That’s totally new to me, through the acting perspective, and I’ll explore a lot more of Dean’s life, that’s why I’m so excited. A kind of introspective tension, like inside monsters.

Now, I know what you're all thinking – they're going to pull a Desperate Housewives! The truth is I'm both fascinated and frightened to see where this will lead. Supernatural has always followed a pretty tight and sequential time-line, so it will be interesting to see how this works out.

The question is, of course, what will we see when we jump into the future? I speculated in my season finale recap that I believed Sam wouldn't reveal himself to Dean and would let his brother live out a normal life. If that's true, Dean's going to be pretty pissed when he finds out his brother is alive after thinking him in Hell or many years. What would push Dean back into hunting if he's been out of it for a few years? Will he just up and leave Lisa and Ben? I can't really see the whole family going out on the road, so I honestly don't know how this will play out, but I'm very interested in finding out.

In the meantime, if you follow the link to the translation, you'll find scans of the original interview. If anyone out there speaks the language and wants to double-check the translation (not that I distrust the original translator, of course!), feel free to post your translation in the comments below.
Email: clarissa @ tvovermind.com

Source: TVOVERMIND (http://www.tvovermind.com/supernatural-tv-news/supernatural-season-6-spoilers-2/23881)

iolanda
May 18th, 2010, 09:40 AM
I read the original translation

but I don't see how the get out of that, that the next season will take place a few years later.

LtColCarter
May 18th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I read the original translation

but I don't see how the get out of that, that the next season will take place a few years later.

Why a

IDK...maybe they were told it would happen that way...

Crichiel
May 18th, 2010, 10:18 AM
The joys of having English as secondary language - there is a great chance that you chose the wrong word under the ones possible :P

Also my perception of time is a little off at the moment ;)

Absolutely NOT a 'wrong' word! :) Being that the finale was just last week, it would HAVE to, by definition be 'recently', but that doesn't make it wrong. Your English is a good as mine, and I've been speaking it my whole life! :P

starg8fans
May 19th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Okay, now this time I have to ask - why are we spoilering spoilers for S6 in this thread? I'll continue it if that's what people want, but I find it quite distracting.

Personally, I think this makes sense. Swan Song was more than just a season finale, it was the ending to Kripke's story arch. So having the next season set upa few years into the futuremakes it more plausible as the beginning of a new story they will tell. And I for one am curious to find out what the boysdid during that time, and in what ways they've changed, resp. stayed the same.Also, remember that the Pilot too was set at a moment in time when the brothers were reunited after being separated for several years. It's a great way to begin telling a story.

LtColCarter
May 19th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Okay, now this time I have to ask - why are we spoilering spoilers for S6 in this thread? I'll continue it if that's what people want, but I find it quite distracting.

Personally, I think this makes sense. Swan Song was more than just a season finale, it was the ending to Kripke's story arch. So having the next season set upa few years into the futuremakes it more plausible as the beginning of a new story they will tell. And I for one am curious to find out what the boysdid during that time, and in what ways they've changed, resp. stayed the same.Also, remember that the Pilot too was set at a moment in time when the brothers were reunited after being separated for several years. It's a great way to begin telling a story.

I agree...I think its a great way to begin telling a story! :D

iolanda
May 19th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Putting spoilers in a spoiler thread isn't imho really necessary ;)

I also think that it's a great idea which also contains the possibility to open the story up again and lead it into new directions.

LizzieAnne
May 19th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Just thinking: if S6 starts off after a few years have passed...I wonder how many? If it's say 4 or 5.. Ben will then be a young teenager 14/15 years old....I wonder if Dean will be training him as a hunter...kind of a Sam substitute. I wonder how Sam will react to that when they eventually meet up? I wonder if Sam is hunting with Bobby again?

The series can't go back to what it was in S1 & 2, Sam and Dean have been through so much and they're older and wiser...so something significant will have to change.

the fifth man
May 19th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Just thinking: if S6 starts off after a few years have passed...I wonder how many? If it's say 4 or 5.. Ben will then be a young teenager 14/15 years old....I wonder if Dean will be training him as a hunter...kind of a Sam substitute. I wonder how Sam will react to that when they eventually meet up? I wonder if Sam is hunting with Bobby again?

The series can't go back to what it was in S1 & 2, Sam and Dean have been through so much and they're older and wiser...so something significant will have to change.

I do agree with that completely.

Madwelshboy
May 20th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Question: I heard that Supernatural was planning a time jump at the beginning of season 6. Is this true? —Tiffiny
Ausiello: No. But I think I know how the rumor got started. Apparently, Jensen Ackles was asked in a recent interview what he would like to see happen next season, and he threw out the idea of a flash-forward. And like a game of telephone, that got turned into “Supernatural is jumping forward!” Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? That’s yet to be determined.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/19/ask-ausiello-lost-greys-dexter/

LizzieAnne
May 20th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Oh, thanks for that... I feel relieved tbh.

I wonder how many more rumours they'll be before we get to see the ep.
It'll be great to know if Misha and Jim will have their contracts renewed as well. I wonder if anyone asked Jim at Asylum 4 last weekend?

starg8fans
May 20th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Question: I heard that Supernatural was planning a time jump at the beginning of season 6. Is this true? —Tiffiny
Ausiello: No. But I think I know how the rumor got started. Apparently, Jensen Ackles was asked in a recent interview what he would like to see happen next season, and he threw out the idea of a flash-forward. And like a game of telephone, that got turned into “Supernatural is jumping forward!” Could it happen? Sure. Will it happen? That’s yet to be determined.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/19/ask-ausiello-lost-greys-dexter/

LOL, so here we've been angsting over something that may not even happen... Although I for one wouldn't mind if it did.

Madwelshboy
May 20th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Season 6 Description from CW Upfronts

SUPERNATURAL: Season six will be a season of mystery and shadow. Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of season five. And now, monsters, angels and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape. And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life – pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell. The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn’t what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/20/spoilers-gossip-girl-vamp-diaries-smallville/

starg8fans
May 20th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Thanks for this, MWB. Sounds like you were dead on with your post, Lizzie!

iolanda
May 20th, 2010, 05:43 AM
CW reveals fall schedule - and it has Supernatural on Fridays!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118019634.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&ref=bd_tv

Great news!
a) FALL
b) Friday, this means, that I can watch it on Saturday =)

Madwelshboy
May 20th, 2010, 05:51 AM

SUPERNATURAL: Season six will be a season of mystery and shadow. Heaven and Hell have been left in complete disarray since the apocalyptic events of season five. And now, monsters, angels and demons roam across a lawless and chaotic landscape. And so Dean Winchester, who has retired from hunting and sworn never to return, finds himself being pulled back into his old life – pulled back by none other than Sam Winchester, who has escaped from Hell. The two reunite to beat back the rising tide of creatures and demon-spawn, but they quickly realize that neither are who they used to be, their relationship isn’t what it used to be, and that nothing is what it seems.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/20/spoilers-gossip-girl-vamp-diaries-smallville/

Just to add to this, on the long description it dose list Misha Collins on the main cast list for season 6.

LtColCarter
May 20th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Just to add to this, on the long description it dose list Misha Collins on the main cast list for season 6.

Thanks MWB

LizzieAnne
May 20th, 2010, 07:03 AM

Oh..I like it. :P

Thanks for this, MWB. Sounds like you were dead on with your post, Lizzie!

Thanks...it doesn't happen very often...:P

CW reveals fall schedule - and it has Supernatural on Fridays!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118019634.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&ref=bd_tv

Great news!
a) FALL
b) Friday, this means, that I can watch it on Saturday =)

I can watch it on Saturday too... that'll be OK with me. Does it hurt it's ratings though?

That's really great news....I was wondering how he would fit in as an angel this season but if there're plenty of lawless dicks angels and demons roaming around, looks like he'll come in handy.

Crichiel
May 20th, 2010, 07:42 AM
I can watch it on Saturday too... that'll be OK with me. Does it hurt it's ratings though?

It CAN really hurt the ratings, Friday is a horrible night to try and get people to watch live. BUT, the networks have low expectations of their Friday programming. So if there is a drop, it kind of gives those shows a scapegoat excuse: "Well, what do you expect, you put us on Fridays?" So that can actually help a show in that regard.

Case in point on low expectations: my boss has a local sports show on our CW affililiate. He moved his show over from NBC and when he told the CW what his show's 'low' numbers (according to NBC) were, the CW, being the lowest rated network, said they would be THRILLED with that amount of viewers!

Are we are talking about it hurting the chances of getting a season 7, though? My impression has sort have been that those involved (the boys, Eric Kripke, et al) were, in part, doing season 6 as a thank you to fans. Are ANY of them right now saying that they are interested in going past this? :S Cause it really seemed like this year, it wasn't the CW's reluctance to renew that was the hold up, it was the people involved in making the show trying to decide if they had another year in them.

Arative
May 20th, 2010, 11:00 AM
It CAN really hurt the ratings, Friday is a horrible night to try and get people to watch live. BUT, the networks have low expectations of their Friday programming. So if there is a drop, it kind of gives those shows a scapegoat excuse: "Well, what do you expect, you put us on Fridays?" So that can actually help a show in that regard.

Case in point on low expectations: my boss has a local sports show on our CW affililiate. He moved his show over from NBC and when he told the CW what his show's 'low' numbers (according to NBC) were, the CW, being the lowest rated network, said they would be THRILLED with that amount of viewers!

Are we are talking about it hurting the chances of getting a season 7, though? My impression has sort have been that those involved (the boys, Eric Kripke, et al) were, in part, doing season 6 as a thank you to fans. Are ANY of them right now saying that they are interested in going past this? :S Cause it really seemed like this year, it wasn't the CW's reluctance to renew that was the hold up, it was the people involved in making the show trying to decide if they had another year in them.

Smallville actually did quite well on Friday's in terms of ratings. Sure it took a hit in live ratings from moving from Thursday to Friday's but the CW renewed it for a 10th season. I'm not that worried about the ratings being the demise of Supernatural but rather the creative and team not wanting to go further.

But from the sound of what auseillo wrote, it sounds like a good set up for a season 6 and maybe beyond.

the fifth man
May 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
I really like the way they make Season 6 sound. I for one am very excited. The change to Friday nights doesn't excite me though.

LtColCarter
May 22nd, 2010, 08:53 AM
I really like the way they make Season 6 sound. I for one am very excited. The change to Friday nights doesn't excite me though.

I am too...and I'm also not thrilled about the move to Friday....

the fifth man
May 22nd, 2010, 06:15 PM
I am too...and I'm also not thrilled about the move to Friday....

I just don't see why they have to mess with a good thing. Supernatural has been on Thursday nights for so long. Just leave it be IMO.

starg8fans
May 22nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
I think it makes sense from the network's POV. They need the prime Thursday spot to launch their new show - although there's already been a series by that name - which is also targeted at the younger audience that watches 'Vampire Diaries'. Also - and this is purely conjecture from my point of view - they know that Spn has a very loyal fanbase with a substantial part older than the usual CW viewers, so they are more liable to be home Friday night to watch the show, rather than head out partying. Plus the pairing with Smallville worked well in the past.

Lt. Jeffer
May 23rd, 2010, 01:55 AM

wow thank you i was a bit concerned that Castiel wouldnt be in the 6th season i cant wait its still too lang till fall

LtColCarter
May 23rd, 2010, 10:10 AM
I think it makes sense from the network's POV. They need the prime Thursday spot to launch their new show - although there's already been a series by that name - which is also targeted at the younger audience that watches 'Vampire Diaries'. Also - and this is purely conjecture from my point of view - they know that Spn has a very loyal fanbase with a substantial part older than the usual CW viewers, so they are more liable to be home Friday night to watch the show, rather than head out partying. Plus the pairing with Smallville worked well in the past.

True...but I hated when they moved Smallville too.

the fifth man
May 23rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
True...but I hated when they moved Smallville too.

As long as it doesn't negatively affect this great show and it's ratings, I can live with the day change.

LtColCarter
May 28th, 2010, 08:06 AM
As long as it doesn't negatively affect this great show and it's ratings, I can live with the day change.

It better not negatively affect the ratings....

iolanda
May 28th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Misha Collins and Jim Beaver will return in Season 6!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/supernatural-misha-collins-and-jim-beaver-will-return-in-season-6.html

Comment: one the one hand it means that the angel/demon arc isn't finished as in "we won't see anything of that any more" but I am very happy that those two guys are still sticking with SPN, just because I like them so much!

the fifth man
May 28th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I am very relieved that both Castiel and Bobby will be a part of this coming season.

Aerilon
June 1st, 2010, 10:22 AM

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/supernatural-misha-collins-and-jim-beaver-will-return-in-season-6.html

Comment: one the one hand it means that the angel/demon arc isn't finished as in "we won't see anything of that any more" but I am very happy that those two guys are still sticking with SPN, just because I like them so much!Very good news.

LtColCarter
June 2nd, 2010, 06:37 AM

Comment: one the one hand it means that the angel/demon arc isn't finished as in "we won't see anything of that any more" but I am very happy that those two guys are still sticking with SPN, just because I like them so much!

Excellent!!!

RodneyIsGodney
June 4th, 2010, 07:04 PM
misha collins and jim beaver will return in season 6!

Awesome!!!

LizzieAnne
June 7th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I hear that Jensen will be directing an episode in season 6.

knowles2
June 7th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Well after watching season 5 ending, I am sad to hear it coming back.

Do not get the wrong idea, I love season 5, an probably will enjoy seasson 6. I just thought season 5 final was a perfect ending for the show an got the feeling they wot writer a series final as good as that again.

the fifth man
June 7th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Trust me, when this show does eventually end, we'll get a great series finale. For now though, let's enjoy the fact that we have another great season to look forward to.

LtColCarter
June 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Trust me, when this show does eventually end, we'll get a great series finale. For now though, let's enjoy the fact that we have another great season to look forward to.

Well said!

the fifth man
June 10th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Well said!

Thank you very much. After all the good we have gotten out of this show, we should be focusing on things positively.

starg8fans
June 14th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I hear that Jensen will be directing an episode in season 6.

More details on that from the J2 panel at the con in Barcelona:

More details about Jensen’s directorial debut – he’ll be back to work in a week, since he’s directing the first episode filmed (third to be aired), expecting the script to be emailed to him on Monday. He’s excited and flattered that the invite came on behalf of the crew, who had recognized his interest and ability – but he’s cautious about being overly optimistic, waiting to see how it goes. (The entire room assured him that he’ll do fine. Of course we’re right)

You can read the full con report at http://fangasmthebook.wordpress.com/2010/06/14/on-the-road-in-barcelona/

LtColCarter
June 14th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Thank you very much. After all the good we have gotten out of this show, we should be focusing on things positively.

Yes...I agree here as well. We've gotten 5 excellent years. Focus on the positive, and I'm sure SPN will continue to deliever excellence.

the fifth man
June 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Yes...I agree here as well. We've gotten 5 excellent years. Focus on the positive, and I'm sure SPN will continue to deliever excellence.

That is definitely what I am thinking.

Madwelshboy
June 17th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Question: Can you tell me anything about Supernatural‘s new season? —Bryan
Ausiello: I can’t be certain, but I think I just uncovered a significant clue about the overriding plot of season 6: Sources confirm to me exclusively that X-Files vet Mitch Pileggi is in talks to reprise his role as Sam and Dean’s presumed-dead grandpa on a potentially recurring basis.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/16/ask-ausiello-supernatural-parenthood/

starg8fans
June 17th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Ausiello: I can’t be certain, but I think I just uncovered a significant clue about the overriding plot of season 6: Sources confirm to me exclusively that X-Files vet Mitch Pileggi is in talks to reprise his role as Sam and Dean’s presumed-dead grandpa on a potentially recurring basis.

Yay, Ausiello is back in business! But this scoop - if it's true - is something I didn't see coming in a million years. How on earth would the explain something like that? Can't wait to find out more. Thanks as always for keeping us posted, MWB!

GenieinaZPM
June 17th, 2010, 04:33 AM
I'm SO happy they're doing a 6th season. I agree 5 was ended nicely, but that last look at Sam watching Dean through the window was too much of a teaser for me. I can't wait to see what happens!

LtColCarter
June 17th, 2010, 05:52 AM

INTERESTING...to say the least!

the fifth man
June 17th, 2010, 07:11 PM
INTERESTING...to say the least!

You can say that again. I wonder how they would work that one? Time will tell, I suppose.

LtColCarter
June 19th, 2010, 06:23 AM
You can say that again. I wonder how they would work that one? Time will tell, I suppose.

It always does my friend...it always does!

Madwelshboy
June 20th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Supernatural - Episode 6.04 - Title Revealed

Episode 6.04 of Supernatural will be called "Weekend At Bobby's"

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/supernatural-episode-604-weekend-at.html

starg8fans
June 20th, 2010, 03:12 AM

Interesting - that sorta ties in with the storyline picking up a few years later, since they said in the S5 finale that Dean and Bobby would not see each other for a long time.

the fifth man
June 20th, 2010, 06:33 PM

Interesting title. I can't wait to see what this one is about.

LtColCarter
June 21st, 2010, 06:15 AM

Interesting! :-)

P-90_177
June 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Interesting - that sorta ties in with the storyline picking up a few years later, since they said in the S5 finale that Dean and Bobby would not see each other for a long time.

unless it's a flashback episode.

starg8fans
June 21st, 2010, 12:01 PM
unless it's a flashback episode.

You mean like Weecester flashback? We haven't had any of those in a while.

Madwelshboy
June 23rd, 2010, 11:59 PM
Question: Any spoilers on season 6 of Supernatural? —Shira
Ausiello: I hear the show’s fourth episode back — the one directed by Jensen Ackles — will be Bobby-centric and feature a character named Marcy Ward. Described as attractive in a down-to-earth/woman-next-door way, Marcy is a capable homemaker with a crush on her neighbor.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/23/ask-ausiello-spoilers-house-vampire-diaries-weeds/

starg8fans
June 24th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Yay, keep the spoilers coming, MWB!

If Jensen will direct Weekend at Bobby's, maybe Dean won't be in this episode at all, or only very briefly. Since this is his first experience in this field - as far as I know - they may let him concentrate on the directing part, which is challenging enough without having to act as well.

Crichiel
June 24th, 2010, 05:27 AM
I always understand that reasoning...but I still hope that isn't true! I know it's hard, but the episodes of SG-1 that Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping directed still had good Daniel and Sam parts. I don't want a Dean-free episode!

LtColCarter
June 24th, 2010, 05:28 AM
I always understand that reasoning...but I still hope that isn't true! I know it's hard, but the episodes of SG-1 that Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping directed still had good Daniel and Sam parts. I don't want a Dean-free episode!

I concur...that would not be a good thing...IMHO

Madwelshboy
June 24th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Supernatural - Season 6 Netflix Description

After fighting Lucifer himself, courageous demon-hunting brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) return for more thrilling adventures and mysteries, pursuing vicious fiends, vampires, spirits and ghouls in order to protect mankind. Season 6 of this paranormal drama series sees the two siblings attempting to overcome dangerous traps, double-crossing allies, monstrous murderers and impossible odds.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/supernatural-season-6-netflix.html

the fifth man
June 24th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Supernatural - Season 6 Netflix Description

After fighting Lucifer himself, courageous demon-hunting brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) return for more thrilling adventures and mysteries, pursuing vicious fiends, vampires, spirits and ghouls in order to protect mankind. Season 6 of this paranormal drama series sees the two siblings attempting to overcome dangerous traps, double-crossing allies, monstrous murderers and impossible odds.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/supernatural-season-6-netflix.html

So what is that, any given day for Sam and Dean?:D

LtColCarter
June 25th, 2010, 09:31 AM
So what is that, any given day for Sam and Dean?:D

This is true...just a normal day...

the fifth man
June 25th, 2010, 06:25 PM
This is true...just a normal day...

In a way, maybe that is really what Season 6 will be more about. Like they have said, you can't really top Lucifer.

Madwelshboy
June 25th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Supernatural - Season 6 - The Trickster Coming Back?

From SFX Magazine issue #198: "There's also been talk in the writers' room about how to bring The Trickster (Archangel Gabriel) back."

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/supernatural-season-6-trickster-coming.html

starg8fans
June 26th, 2010, 01:03 AM

From SFX Magazine issue #198: "There's also been talk in the writers' room about how to bring The Trickster (Archangel Gabriel) back."

It would be AWESOME if they could pull that off.

liljana
June 26th, 2010, 04:03 AM
This sounda like something to look forward to. Gabriel is always fun :D

LtColCarter
June 26th, 2010, 09:37 AM

Him...I could do without. He got on my nerves.

the fifth man
June 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
It would be AWESOME if they could pull that off.

Yeah, it would. I really loved his character. But, I just don't know. He took a stand for mankind in the end, and fell for it. I just don't want his return taking away from that sacrifice.

starg8fans
June 27th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah, it would. I really loved his character. But, I just don't know. He took a stand for mankind in the end, and fell for it. I just don't want his return taking away from that sacrifice.

Good point. Maybe it will be a flashback, or an alter ego? I mean, given who the trickster was (BTW, do we have to spoiler S5 references in here?) his body must have been a vessel too, who has a backstory.

On the other hand, if God 'rewarded' Castiel by bringing him back, wouldn't he do the same for his own son? Even if it does lessen the sacrifices if there's the very real possibility that they will be brought back.

LtColCarter
June 27th, 2010, 11:12 AM

There is that aspect as well...

the fifth man
June 27th, 2010, 06:15 PM
There is that aspect as well...

I just keep thinking about that more and more.

the fifth man
June 27th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Good point. Maybe it will be a flashback, or an alter ego? I mean, given who the trickster was (BTW, do we have to spoiler S5 references in here?) his body must have been a vessel too, who has a backstory.

On the other hand, if God 'rewarded' Castiel by bringing him back, wouldn't he do the same for his own son? Even if it does lessen the sacrifices if there's the very real possibility that they will be brought back.

Since we are in the Season 6 spoiler thread, I don't think so.

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Supernatural - Episode 6.01 - Title

The season 6 Premiere of Supernatural will be called "Exile on Main Street".

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/supernatural-episode-601-exile-on-main.html

LtColCarter
June 29th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Supernatural - Episode 6.01 - Title

The season 6 Premiere of Supernatural will be called "Exile on Main Street".

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/supernatural-episode-601-exile-on-main.html

Very nice...thanks MWB!

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2010, 10:45 AM
'Supernatural' Exclusive: Mitch Pileggi's return will shed new light on Sam and Dean's past

It’s official: Mitch Pileggi is returning to Supernatural as Sam and Dean’s presumed-dead grandpa — and not for some one-off guest stint. As I first teased in Ask Ausiello, the X-Files vet will appear in multiple episodes during season 6. “I’m a longtime fan of Mitch’s work,” gushes executive producer/new showrunner Sera Gamble. “And we all thought he did an amazing job the first time around, so we’re excited he was game to [return].”

What brings Gramps back? “For one thing, he’s a Campbell — from Sam and Dean’s mom’s side of the family,” reminds Gamble, “which, unlike their dad’s, has actually been into hunting for a very long time. There’s a whole side of Sam and Dean’s history that they know nothing about. We’ll get to find out a bit about it this season.”

In other Supe news, the show is on the prowl for an actor in his late 30s to mid-40s to play the recurring role of Christian. Described as “capable, calm under pressure, and very good at his job,” Christian has a special relationship with Sam and Dean.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/06/29/supernatural-mitch-pileggis-return-spoilers/

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2010, 11:48 AM
'Supernatural' to become 'more human'

The producers of Supernatural have revealed that the forthcoming sixth season will return the focus to lead characters Sam and Dean Winchester. According to SFX, executive producer Ben Edlund said that the show will distance itself from the epic storylines of the past.

“Our scope has been so big - you’re not supposed to do it that big!” he said. “But the fun of it is, ‘What do you do after the Apocalypse?’ We have to get very small because the only way to really tell a story is through change, through crescendo and diminuendo. We’re going to get more human, more personal.”

New producer Sera Gamble added: “The show has never really been about God and the Devil, or angels and demons, it’s a show about Sam and Dean. We’re going to go from the epic back to a more intimate story.”

The programme's creator Eric Kripke praised Gamble and fellow producer Robert Singer, admitting that the pair "have some pretty exciting notions for where to take the show”. He also revealed that despite quitting his role as showrunner, he plans on “being around… I’m there to be the safety net and to make sure it all stays within the tone of Supernatural”.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s6/supernatural/news/a235254/supernatural-to-become-more-human.html

the fifth man
June 29th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I am really glad that it appears Kripke will still be around in some capacity. He won't let this show wander too far from what he established in the last 5 seasons.

Crichiel
June 29th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Sitting here reading Jim Beaver's Tweets about starting to film ep #4 tomorrow and all I can say is that the season 6 DVD set d*** well better have a director's featurette and/or a director's commentary on this episode Jensen is directing!!

starg8fans
June 29th, 2010, 10:40 PM
sitting here reading jim beaver's tweets about starting to film ep #4 tomorrow and all i can say is that the season 6 dvd set d*** well better have a director's featurette and/or a director's commentary on this episode jensen is directing!!

I second that!! I really don't know why they didn't let Jensen and Jared do more commentaries after the first season. TPTB at Spn are usually so great with giving the fans what they want, they should know how much we love to hear the actors' take on their work.

LtColCarter
June 30th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I second that!! I really don't know why they didn't let Jensen and Jared do more commentaries after the first season. TPTB at Spn are usually so great with giving the fans what they want, they should know how much we love to hear the actors' take on their work.

I concur!

the fifth man
June 30th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I concur!

I couldn't agree more. I wish we had commentaries on a lot of key episodes over the past 5 seasons.

Crichiel
June 30th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I've always been almost more fascinated by the bts stuff than what we see on-screen. So I live for commentaries. And whatever else you may say about Stargate's DVDs (stupid ban on bloopers), they spoiled you rotten with commentaries!! Take note SPN.

the fifth man
July 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM
I've always been almost more fascinated by the bts stuff than what we see on-screen. So I live for commentaries. And whatever else you may say about Stargate's DVDs (stupid ban on bloopers), they spoiled you rotten with commentaries!! Take note SPN.

Yeah, the Stargate DVDs really did spoil us in that regard. If Supernatural even had half the commentaries that Stargate did, I would be a happy camper.

Madwelshboy
July 3rd, 2010, 11:58 AM
Supernatural casting spoilers - Jennifer Aspen currently filming an episode

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/supernatural-casting-spoilers-jennifer.html#ixzz0seSK16qh

starg8fans
July 10th, 2010, 01:04 AM
This was already posted on www.supernatural.tv on June 30. Somehow it helps to know they started filming S6.

Production on season 6 started today and the show has decided to film the fourth episode first. Why? Because it’s the one Jensen Ackles is directing.

Jensen had the summer to prepare and rather than have to direct in the middle, his episode is shooting first so he can devote his attention to it. Titled “Weekend at Bobby’s,” the episode will obviously focus heavily on Jim Beaver’s character. Also, Kim Rhodes will reappear as Sheriff Mills, the woman who helped the boys kill all those zombies in “Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid.”

According to Jim Beaver’s tweets, he describes himself as the sole lead for the entire episode, which means it could be light on Jensen AND Jared. Since we know season 6 premieres September 24, this episode will most likely air October 15.

LizzieAnne
July 10th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Yes... that is really great to know.

*Takes a deep breath* because I may be panicking here but....
I've started to have reservations about this ep if it does turn out to have Bobby as the only lead in it...if Sam and Dean are totally absent from it that is. If it turns out to be a one off then maybe that will be OK but if it's something the writers keep doing for some kind of 'lets mix it up and make it different' reason, just for the sake of it...and decide to make a habit of it ...I'm not going to like it.

I think it goes back to another show i watched 'way back when'...the same thing happened in some much later season when the ideas were running out....and the main characters were regularly left out...the show went downhill fast. I don't want that to happen here!!! :S

I think it's great that Jensen's directing an ep if that's what he wants...but for me I watch the show for Sam and Dean ...and a nice side helping of the lesser characters...and the stories ...:P

Madwelshboy
July 10th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Supernatural - Season 6 - Set Photos

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/supernatural-season-6-set-photos.html

starg8fans
July 10th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Yes... that is really great to know.

*Takes a deep breath* because I may be panicking here but....
I've started to have reservations about this ep if it does turn out to have Bobby as the only lead in it...if Sam and Dean are totally absent from it that is. If it turns out to be a one off then maybe that will be OK but if it's something the writers keep doing for some kind of 'lets mix it up and make it different' reason, just for the sake of it...and decide to make a habit of it ...I'm not going to like it.

I think it goes back to another show i watched 'way back when'...the same thing happened in some much later season when the ideas were running out....and the main characters were regularly left out...the show went downhill fast. I don't want that to happen here!!! :S

I think it's great that Jensen's directing an ep if that's what he wants...but for me I watch the show for Sam and Dean ...and a nice side helping of the lesser characters...and the stories ...:P

So very true. As good as the supporting characters are, this show should be about Sam and Dean, and ONLY Sam and Dean. At least the many comments we've heard from TPTB about how lucky they are to have these two amazing leads and the wonderful chemistry between them makes me hope they won't ruin a good thing with experiments. Also, Sera Gamble said the show would become 'more intimate', which to me translates into more phsychological and emotional storylines, so that would seem to indicate that it will continue to center around Sam and Dean, since they are the characters the fans know best and relate to the most.

Thanks for these! Am I right in assuming that whole old wall thing is only a prop? I wonder what they'll need that for. Looks kinda gothic - I like!

LizzieAnne
July 10th, 2010, 04:37 AM

Oops..looks like I spoke too soon...Thanks MWB.

I see that Sam is there...Whoohooooooo!! and Mark Sheppard!!!....another whoooohooooo.. :D I'm happy....:P

OK so it's only fan girls talking there but... in fangirls I trust......:P

LizzieAnne
July 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
So very true. As good as the supporting characters are, this show should be about Sam and Dean, and ONLY Sam and Dean. At least the many comments we've heard from TPTB about how lucky they are to have these two amazing leads and the wonderful chemistry between them makes me hope they won't ruin a good thing with experiments. Also, Sera Gamble said the show would become 'more intimate', which to me translates into more phsychological and emotional storylines, so that would seem to indicate that it will continue to center around Sam and Dean, since they are the characters the fans know best and relate to the most.

Thanks for these! Am I right in assuming that whole old wall thing is only a prop? I wonder what they'll need that for. Looks kinda gothic - I like!

Yep...we want lots of Sam and Dean. I can't believe they would short change us really...but I get nervous. :S

Crichiel
July 10th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Oh good, I'm not the only one that LOVES Bobby, but gets depressed at the thought of a Bobby episode with little to no Sam and Dean!

the fifth man
July 10th, 2010, 05:00 PM
I think Bobby is good enough to carry an episode pretty much by himself. Hopefully, Sam and Dean won't be totally absent from the episode.

Madwelshboy
July 11th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Corin Nemec Can’t Lose As Supernatural Winchesters’ Cousin

Word went out a few weeks ago that Supernatural was looking to cast Sam and Dean’s cousin, Christian, for a recurring role in Season 6 of the series.

Now, word has come from the recent GateCon that Corin Nemec, best known for his work on Stargate SG-1 and Parker Lewis Can’t Lose, has landed the role. Smallville fans might also remember him as Jude Royce way back in Season 1′s “Zero.” The source of this news was “Immaterialdepth” on Twitter.

As far as we know this has not been officially confirmed by the network, though a bigger announcement will surely come soon if this is indeed for real.

http://www.ksitetv.com/category/supernatural/

LizzieAnne
July 11th, 2010, 05:01 AM
That's interesting...It'll be great to have him in the show. I can't beleive it's 6 years since we last saw Jonas Quinn.
I've only ever seen him one other thing afterwards..an ep of NCIS.

I can't remember whether it's ever been said if John and Mary had any brothers or sisters....or maybe it's been left open.

Madwelshboy
July 11th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Supernatural - Fredric Lehne Returns as Azazel

At this weekend's Creation Entertainment Salute to "Supernatural" convention in Parsippany, N.J., Fredric Lehne himself affirms that he will return as the series' original baddie, the Yellow Eyed Demon - also known as Azazel. Zap2it is still awaiting studio confirmation, but for now, we'll take Lehne's word for it. Lehne says he'll start work on Wednesday, July 14, while the cast and crew is working on the season premiere. Though he has had the most screen time as Azazel, the demon has also been portrayed by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Rob Labelle, Mitch Pileggi, and very briefly by Lindsey McKeon.

Warner Bros. has confirmed that Mitch Pileggi will also return to the show -- though whether he'll appear as Azazel or Samuel Campbell, Sam and Dean's grandfather, we don't know.

The demon was killed by Dean in the Season 2 finale, so we're guessing he's returning for a flashback or a time-travel episode. Either that, or Azazel's back from the dead... which isn't exactly a rare occurrence on "Supernatural." It happens just about every Thursday, give or take.

Sera Gamble, who has taken over for Eric Kripke as showrunner for the series' sixth season, has mentioned that this year "Supernatural" will return to a format that closely resembles its first season, so it seems appropriate to bring back the first season's biggest villain.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/supernatural-fredric-lehne-returns-as.html

iolanda
July 11th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Okaaayyyy. Slowly but steady there are some people to much who return from the dead. But we'll see, and I really like Frederic Lehne.

Crichiel
July 11th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah, see the Mitch Pileggi thing worries me, too. I liked his character, but I just keep hearing about eps that could be time travel, or flashbacks, or Bobby-centric and I am nervous that THIS is how they are going to lighten the workload for the boys, by having all these 'alternative' stories where they won't have as much screentime.

I'm still optimistic, because I know Sera knows the fans want Sam and Dean...but I'm nervous.

the fifth man
July 11th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah, see the Mitch Pileggi thing worries me, too. I liked his character, but I just keep hearing about eps that could be time travel, or flashbacks, or Bobby-centric and I am nervous that THIS is how they are going to lighten the workload for the boys, by having all these 'alternative' stories where they won't have as much screentime.

I'm still optimistic, because I know Sera knows the fans want Sam and Dean...but I'm nervous.

Honestly, I don't think we have anything to be too nervous about. He have to have some faith in them.

starg8fans
July 11th, 2010, 10:13 PM
My guess is that the boys find out something that happened in the past that will have major repercussions, and have to change it. That could explain all these 'past' characters cropping up. Mayby Luci screwed with the timeline as a 'farewell' present?

LtColCarter
July 12th, 2010, 05:17 AM
My guess is that the boys find out something that happened in the past that will have major repercussions, and have to change it. That could explain all these 'past' characters cropping up. Mayby Luci screwed with the timeline as a 'farewell' present?

Leave it to Luci to mess with things!

Crichiel
July 12th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Honestly, I don't think we have anything to be too nervous about. He have to have some faith in them.

Little harder for me not to be nervous because I was so upset about what they did in Swan Song. ;) Probably easier for everyone else, since they liked the episode. :)

But trust me, I still have a lot of faith in this show and would never judge the show based on spoilers. Some of the best episodes are ones that sounded like they would be the worst in the spoilers. Heck, I am still reserving final judgement on the finale until I see how the story continues to play out in season 6! :)

eviladam
July 12th, 2010, 03:41 PM

Do the fans really want Sam though? Don't get me wrong I know the show is about the brothers, but how great was that episode with Dean and Cas teamed up while Sam was off being a bus boy?

I'm also not excited about the move to Friday. I mean Supernatural Friday just doesn't have the same ring to it. (And now I have to start scheduling work and my social life around Friday when I all ready have it set up around Thursday. Yes I'm that big a geek.)

I just hope the show goes on past season 6. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to need it to go on forever like the Simpsons.

boyd22
July 12th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see John Winchester return in some form this season. Not the young naive John we saw in the time travel episodes, but the John from season 1/early season 2. I'd also like to see Crowley return, i thought the character was interesting.

starg8fans
July 12th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Do the fans really want Sam though? Don't get me wrong I know the show is about the brothers, but how great was that episode with Dean and Cas teamed up while Sam was off being a bus boy?

I'm also not excited about the move to Friday. I mean Supernatural Friday just doesn't have the same ring to it. (And now I have to start scheduling work and my social life around Friday when I all ready have it set up around Thursday. Yes I'm that big a geek.)

I just hope the show goes on past season 6. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to need it to go on forever like the Simpsons.

Well, this fan wouldn't want the show without Sam. Sure, the episodes that had Dean team up with Cas were great, but I think they were especially so because it was a change from the usual dynamic. And it's not as if the brother's connection ever got boring, the writers have done a great job in re-defining the boys' relationship over and over with the changes and developments these two went through, and there's still plenty of room to explore. I could see, though, that they won't be together 24/7 anymore, between Sam 'growing up' and Dean finding a home. But I hope that most of that will take place off-screen between eps.

I'd like to see John Winchester return in some form this season. Not the young naive John we saw in the time travel episodes, but the John from season 1/early season 2. I'd also like to see Crowley return, i thought the character was interesting.

That would indeed be great. And JDM has always said he'd love to return for a spell. I guess scheduling is the main problem here, since he's so busy with other projects. As for Crowley, sources who've seen production of S6 say you'll get your wish.

iolanda
July 13th, 2010, 01:22 AM

SPN without Sammy? NO WAY! Having Dean travel with Castiel for a change was great, but just because t was for a change. I'd love to see Castiel team up with Sam, though. They hadn't had that much screen time together and I'd really like to know how their dynamics would be.

iolanda
July 13th, 2010, 05:25 AM
There are a lot of casting spoilers and hidden episode content spoilers here: http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_spnparty/251075.html

Just don't read the comments, though...

LtColCarter
July 13th, 2010, 05:29 AM
There are a lot of casting spoilers and hidden episode content spoilers here: http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_spnparty/251075.html

Just don't read the comments, though...

What's wrong with the comments?

iolanda
July 13th, 2010, 05:33 AM
What's wrong with the comments?

I hate the bashing.

starg8fans
July 13th, 2010, 05:33 AM
What worries me is that host of recurring characters. That's a totally new drift. I like it better when the boys deal with new people every time. It would be weird to have them surrounded by a whole bunch of people who know what they're doing.

LtColCarter
July 13th, 2010, 05:36 AM
I hate the bashing.

Ahhh...oklie doklie...I'd not clicked on the link yet. That's why I asked what was wrong with the comments before I looked.

iolanda
July 13th, 2010, 05:37 AM
What worries me is that host of recurring characters. That's a totally new drift. I like it better when the boys deal with new people every time. It would be weird to have them surrounded by a whole bunch of people who know what they're doing.

Doesn't worry me as much as the bunch of dead characters coming back. I guess we will see some "apple-pie"-Dean background and that comes with the recurring characters.

Also: I think that "Joey" is a casting call for Ben ;)

Crichiel
July 13th, 2010, 10:29 AM

Exactly. Corin Nemec as a COUSIN??! Yes, because adding cousins to a show always works out real well. :rolleyes: This is now getting quite worrisome. So far, every spoiler I've read I've been like, "What? *sigh* Ok, I'll wait and see what happens. I guess I could live with that.". I can't think of the last time I read a spoiler I actually got excited for, as opposed to being resigned to. :(

the fifth man
July 13th, 2010, 04:48 PM
I have a lot of faith in these guys. I still think this season will be great.

LtColCarter
July 14th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I have a lot of faith in these guys. I still think this season will be great.

As do I

iolanda
July 14th, 2010, 06:35 AM
We got rid of nearly every recurring character, so it's quite normal that some new one find their way into the SPN-verse. It's just the whole "relative" thing which sounds superfluous.

But I still hope that we get something like the roadhouse where we got three very cool recurring characters.

My imaginary going havoc: maybe this branch of the Winchester family has absolutely no clue what their relatives are doing and the boys have to pretend to be just normal guys. I'd like to see that! OK, not for more than one episode, but still.

Edit: PS: But I am not so keen on having Corin Nemec as a cousin. I wasn't a fan of Jonas Quinn, so I hope that this guy can act and that this cousin is totally different.

LtColCarter
July 14th, 2010, 07:14 AM
We got rid of nearly every recurring character, so it's quite normal that some new one find their way into the SPN-verse. It's just the whole "relative" thing which sounds superfluous.

But I still hope that we get something like the roadhouse where we got three very cool recurring characters.

My imaginary going havoc: maybe this branch of the Winchester family has absolutely no clue what their relatives are doing and the boys have to pretend to be just normal guys. I'd like to see that! OK, not for more than one episode, but still.

Edit: PS: But I am not so keen on having Corin Nemec as a cousin. I wasn't a fan of Jonas Quinn, so I hope that this guy can act and that this cousin is totally different.

He'd be ok...I'm sure...

Crichiel
July 14th, 2010, 09:05 AM
One thing I'll give SPN credit for, is they aren't afraid to re-direct when they realise something isn't working. They dropped Jo as a serious love interest when they saw she wasn't 'hitting', they burned down the Roadhouse when they realised that Jo, Ellen, and Ash were good, but the idea of a bunch of hunters all sitting around cleaning guns? Not so much. And after all the fan outrage about Bela, they saw that they made a mistake in the way they developed her character and killed her off as well.

So if the new additions work well with the story, AND the fans, then more power to 'em! I would love to be proven wrong in my misgivings. But if not, it's good to know they aren't afraid to admit (and correct) their mistakes.

LtColCarter
July 14th, 2010, 09:06 AM
One thing I'll give SPN credit for, is they aren't afraid to re-direct when they realise something isn't working. They dropped Jo as a serious love interest when they saw she wasn't 'hitting', they burned down the Roadhouse when they realised that Jo, Ellen, and Ash were good, but the idea of a bunch of hunters all sitting around cleaning guns? Not so much. And after all the fan outrage about Bela, they saw that they made a mistake in the way they developed her character and killed her off as well.

So if the new additions work well with the story, AND the fans, then more power to 'em! I would love to be proven wrong in my misgivings. But if not, it's good to know they aren't afraid to admit (and correct) their mistakes.

Very true...

LizzieAnne
July 14th, 2010, 12:56 PM

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/athena-4400/supernatural/Jared/What.gif

:P

starg8fans
July 14th, 2010, 02:03 PM
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/athena-4400/supernatural/Jared/What.gif

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/smilies/goodone.gif

the fifth man
July 14th, 2010, 05:19 PM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/smilies/goodone.gif

Yeah, very funny.:)

LtColCarter
July 15th, 2010, 07:01 AM

:lol:

Madwelshboy
July 15th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Exclusive: 'Supernatural' boss on why he stepped down and what's coming up (hint: monsters!)

A new Friday time slot isn’t the only major change facing Supernatural as it heads into its sixth season (beginning Sept. 24). Series creator Eric Kripke—whose five-season-long end-of-days-themed arc came to a close last May—is stepping down as day-to-day showrunner in favor of an advisory role. (Longtime EP Sera Gamble has been tapped to succeed him.) In the following Q&A, Kripke sets the record straight about the reason he relinquished his top-dog status, and previews the “undiscovered country” at the heart of the show’s top secret second act.

continues:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/15/supernatural-season-6-spoilers/

LtColCarter
July 15th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Exclusive: 'Supernatural' boss on why he stepped down and what's coming up (hint: monsters!)

A new Friday time slot isn’t the only major change facing Supernatural as it heads into its sixth season (beginning Sept. 24). Series creator Eric Kripke—whose five-season-long end-of-days-themed arc came to a close last May—is stepping down as day-to-day showrunner in favor of an advisory role. (Longtime EP Sera Gamble has been tapped to succeed him.) In the following Q&A, Kripke sets the record straight about the reason he relinquished his top-dog status, and previews the “undiscovered country” at the heart of the show’s top secret second act.

continues:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/15/supernatural-season-6-spoilers/

Sadness :( But I'm sure the show will go on and be just fine!

Madwelshboy
July 15th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Question: Supernatural spoilers seem to be few and far between. Any chance you have any new ones to share with us? —Judy
Ausiello: Season 6 will revolve around Dean’s new life as loving husband to Lisa and doting father to Ben. I kid! I made a funny! Here’s the real answer to your question: Despite the domestic situation Dean found himself in at the end of last season, exec producer Eric Kripke assures me that Supernatural will continue to be about the Winchester brothers “on the road together.” That said, Kripke confirms that “Dean’s situation creates all sorts of angst and conflict. The question [we'll be] exploring is, How can you be a hunter when there are actually people that you care about? I think we will mine it for all of the emotional angst and conflict that we can. But [Lisa] is not — nor is anyone — going to be riding in the backseat of the Impala with Sam or Dean.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/14/ask-ausiello-spoilers-office-bones-supernatural/

starg8fans
July 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Finally some good news. And that goes for what Kripke said in the interview as well. I think they're on the right track for S6.

LizzieAnne
July 15th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Yep..sounding very good...:P

LtColCarter
July 16th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Question: Supernatural spoilers seem to be few and far between. Any chance you have any new ones to share with us? —Judy
Ausiello: Season 6 will revolve around Dean’s new life as loving husband to Lisa and doting father to Ben. I kid! I made a funny! Here’s the real answer to your question: Despite the domestic situation Dean found himself in at the end of last season, exec producer Eric Kripke assures me that Supernatural will continue to be about the Winchester brothers “on the road together.” That said, Kripke confirms that “Dean’s situation creates all sorts of angst and conflict. The question [we'll be] exploring is, How can you be a hunter when there are actually people that you care about? I think we will mine it for all of the emotional angst and conflict that we can. But [Lisa] is not — nor is anyone — going to be riding in the backseat of the Impala with Sam or Dean.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/14/ask-ausiello-spoilers-office-bones-supernatural/

Yay! Sounds good! I'm looking forward to it!

the fifth man
July 16th, 2010, 06:27 PM

I knew that I had faith in them for a good reason.

LtColCarter
July 19th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I knew that I had faith in them for a good reason.

:indeed:

iolanda
July 21st, 2010, 03:40 PM
Spoiler pictures from the first episode, and a small set report, too. Some lucky gals happened to live right around where this was filmed:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/supernatural-set-report-and-photos-18th.html

boyd22
July 21st, 2010, 04:36 PM
Azazel back?

the fifth man
July 21st, 2010, 05:23 PM
Spoiler pictures from the first episode, and a small set report, too. Some lucky gals happened to live right around where this was filmed:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/supernatural-set-report-and-photos-18th.html

Nice pics. I can't wait for Supernatural to come back.

iolanda
July 21st, 2010, 11:40 PM
Azazel back?

At least the guy who played him.

Madwelshboy
July 22nd, 2010, 12:52 AM
Season 6 Poster

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/th_Season6-poster.jpg (http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/?action=view&current=Season6-poster.jpg)

Click for bigger version.

LizzieAnne
July 22nd, 2010, 05:41 AM
Sera Gamble was asked what can we expect from S6?

"We're not treating season 6 entirely as a one off season. There's no reason to believe that season 6 would have to be the final season, and the mythology that we're creating is not a mythology would have to end. Really, this is not going to be any different than any past season, we'll plan for a season finale and also plan for a series finale. That's what we've done every single season."

I wonder why the S6 poster has early Sam and Dean and not how they are now? Very strange.

LtColCarter
July 22nd, 2010, 05:48 AM
Sera Gamble was asked what can we expect from S6?

"We're not treating season 6 entirely as a one off season. There's no reason to believe that season 6 would have to be the final season, and the mythology that we're creating is not a mythology would have to end. Really, this is not going to be any different than any past season, we'll plan for a season finale and also plan for a series finale. That's what we've done every single season."

I wonder why the S6 poster has early Sam and Dean and not how they are now? Very strange.

Could it just be fan made?

iolanda
July 22nd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Could it just be fan made?

Nah, fans would use a proper picture, especially of Sam, it's CW who sticks with the old S1 promo shots.

iolanda
July 24th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Misha Collins kinda doesn't talk about S6 ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm92KaX_egs

RodneyIsGodney
July 24th, 2010, 05:01 PM
From the TV GUIDE COMIC-CON SPECIAL magazine

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/th_07-24-2010074910PM-1.jpg (http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/?action=view&current=07-24-2010074910PM-1.jpg)http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/th_07-24-2010074701PM-1.jpg (http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/?action=view&current=07-24-2010074701PM-1.jpg)

Click for bigger!

starg8fans
July 24th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Misha Collins kinda doesn't talk about S6 ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm92KaX_egs

Misha is doing a great job at NOT spilling the beans. They're really good at this, aren't they? I don't think anybody has ever managed to ferret out a season finale plot before it aired.

From the TV GUIDE COMIC-CON SPECIAL magazine

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/th_07-24-2010074910PM-1.jpg (http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/?action=view&current=07-24-2010074910PM-1.jpg)http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/th_07-24-2010074701PM-1.jpg (http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/McKaysAngel/?action=view&current=07-24-2010074701PM-1.jpg)

Click for bigger!

*tacklehugs* THANK YOU!!! Especially for the list of aliases. I knew they were using names like these, but I only got a handful of the references.

So they are thinking of tying up the lose end with Kali? Interesting...

RodneyIsGodney
July 24th, 2010, 07:19 PM
*tacklehugs* THANK YOU!!!
You're welcome.:D

Especially for the list of aliases. I knew they were using names like these, but I only got a handful of the references.
I love that list too.

So they are thinking of tying up the lose end with Kali? Interesting...
They just might...

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Digital Spy - Live blog: 'Supernatural' panel at Comic-Con

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s6/supernatural/tubetalk/a250229/live-blog-supernatural-panel-at-comic-con.html

LizzieAnne
July 25th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Thanks MWB...I was hoping to get something on that. :)

They don't give much away.... but we learn a little more about S6.
So it's a year on when the season starts....so now I want to know if it was a year on when Sam stood watching Dean outside his house....or was it straight away and he's been elsewhere for a year!!!

I knew Kripke would be asked about Chuck...and he gave the cheekiest reply of course!! Now we know...he's whoever we want him to be....:P

iolanda
July 25th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Interviews from the comic con:

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/07/25/supernatural-press-roundtables-video/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+weblogsinc/tvsquad+%28TV+Squad%29&utm_content=Twitter

starg8fans
July 25th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks for all the Comic Con goodness, guys! Just what I needed to help me through another two months of hellatus...

RodneyIsGodney
July 25th, 2010, 08:08 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comic-Con report from E!Online (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b192135_back_in_black_supernatural_season_six.html)

About Dean's "apple pie life" ...HOLY. FRIGGIN. CRAP!

starg8fans
July 25th, 2010, 08:57 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comic-Con report from E!Online (http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b192135_back_in_black_supernatural_season_six.html)

About Dean's "apple pie life" ...HOLY. FRIGGIN. CRAP!

What... What!?!?! The link doesn't work for me, says the page is no longer available. And when I search for Spn all I get is a list of outdated German articles. GAAAAAHHHHH!

iolanda
July 25th, 2010, 11:08 PM
What... What!?!?! The link doesn't work for me, says the page is no longer available. And when I search for Spn all I get is a list of outdated German articles. GAAAAAHHHHH!

You have to go to the base of the page and switch to the american edition of e-online and then have to search for yourself.

And you'll get THIS:
The Winchester boys—Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki—hit the Con today and shared some great news about season six for original fans of Supernatural.

"We're getting back to the basics," Jensen said, "to what we all fell in love with in the beginning."

Sam and Dean have been through hell (literally), so it's about time the brothers had a little fun, right? Read on to hear more about the changes ahead for the rockin' brothers and the angel on their shoulder, Castiel...

"We're going to get back to the show that I signed on to, and Jensen signed on to, and we're really excited to play," Jared told us. "We won't forget everything that's happened, but now that will be part of the story rather than the whole story."

Monster Mash: Still, the Winchesters have to hunt something. So after angels and demons, what's the big bad? "There are more monsters," said new show runner Sera Gamble. "We really wanna shoot some monsters in the face...so for the first time our mythology loops monsters in." Misha Collins, returning as Castiel, said monsters are "more active than ever before...and Cas is involved. It may look like a monster of the week season, but actually on a mythology level it is very much tied into heaven and hell and all things epic."

New Direction: Jensen Ackles himself makes his directing debut this season in a Bobby (Jim Beaver)-centric episode. So was he nervous? Not a bit. "Maybe if I'd been surrounded by unfamiliar faces, but the crew is like family to me...I had the full support of everyone surrounding the show. The confidence they had in me gave me confidence in what I was doing." And Jim Beaver enthused: "I've never felt any more secure and well guided as an actor than I have by Jensen Ackles."

Life Swap: When the season begins, about a year after Sam's trip downstairs, "Dean is a family man," Ben Edlund said. "He has a life and a marriage that he's going to try to protect." Then Sam returns—and reveals that he has in fact been back for a year without contacting Dean! Jared explains: "Sam wanted Dean to live in blissful oblivion. It's a bit of a strain because Dean feels like he's been lied to...they have some things to work out." While Dean is keeping the home fires burning, Sam is playing the field. "Season six Sam is very much like season one Dean," Jared said.

Sam I Am: The Sam who returns from hell really is Sam, Jared assured us. But now he subscribes to Dean's original "shoot first, ask questions later" policy. "Sam's not heartless by any means," said Jared, "but he inflicts collateral damage now: Let's just try to fix the biggest problem and figure out the repercussions later."

Waiting in the Wings: Castiel reunites (yay) with the brothers in episode three this season, Ben Edlund told us, after a "busy year" in heaven. "Raphael still exists, he's not going away, and he was quite irritated last year." Poor Cas! Adding to his headache, Misha told us, "his specific mission at times is going to run counter to Sam and Dean's missions...He won't be the backseat of the Impala sidekick. There was a hard reset on [Castiel's] human emotional side."

Along with Castiel, Supernatural itself is getting a reboot. "The fact that we're pressing reset on the show is refreshing to me," said Jensen. "We had five years with these guys, so we have all that history, [but now] we're getting back to square one...to what we all fell in love with in the beginning."

What do you think of Supernatural's new direction? Are you still onboard the Impala?

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b192135_back_in_black_supernatural_season_six.html#ixzz0ulmizZN9

Holy Crap indeed!

LizzieAnne
July 26th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks for that RIG/Iolanda..... that answers my question about Sam then! :P Glad he didn't spend a year in hell!!!! And Dean's married? :eek:

starg8fans
July 26th, 2010, 12:49 AM
You have to go to the base of the page and switch to the american edition of e-online and then have to search for yourself.

And you'll get THIS:
<snip>

Holy Crap indeed!

Thank you! Blessed are those who have friends who know tricks and shortcuts. *files that info away for future use*

Most of this was already in the round table interviews you posted earlier, iolanda. Except for the comments by Gamble and Edlund.

Did your 'holy crap' comment refer to Dean being married? Or did it concern the brothers switching character? Neither of these really surprise me, it's been in the making throughout S5. I just re-watched Swap Meat, and in the diner scene at the beginning Dean talks sorta wistfully about having the apple pie life their former babysitter has, while Sam says he's not that kind of person anymore. So why wouldn't Dean go the whole nine yards?

What worries me more is something Jared mentioned during his interview, namely that the brothers start out yet again on a somewhat strained level. Dean is mad at Sam because he didn't tell him he's topside again, and Sam accuses Dean of not keeping his promise. I was hoping that not just the show but also the brothers' relationship would go back to the basics. I miss their easy rapport.

iolanda
July 26th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Holy crap referred to:
- a whole year has passed (I know there were rumours for more, but I just didn't believe that they really would make it)
- Dean being married . Being in a relationship, OK, but to marry!? That is something!
- Sam being out and not telling Dean for a whole year. Wow. I don't know what I would do if my sister would pull something like this with me.

I can't wait for the next season to start!

Crichiel
July 26th, 2010, 07:11 AM
I love that list too.

This referring to the TV Guide list of their aliases. It was funny because just before I ran out to get the TV Guide on Saturday, I watched Long Distance Call and I was going to put on the "Didja notice..." thread that I finally caught that their names were Raimi and Campbell. Too funny.

Holy crap referred to:
- a whole year has passed (I know there were rumours for more, but I just didn't believe that they really would make it)
- Dean being married . Being in a relationship, OK, but to marry!? That is something!
- Sam being out and not telling Dean for a whole year. Wow. I don't know what I would do if my sister would pull something like this with me.

I can't wait for the next season to start!

I agree with all of this. I would KILL my sibling if they I spent a year angsting over all the torment I imagine they are in and all this time, they were out. Not sure I am happy with domesticated Dean, but it sounds like he will be 'cured' of this quickly enough! ;)

The thing I don't like about Dean becoming more like Sam and vice versa is that it made it a lot more interesting to me that they COULDN'T understand each other before. It made them unique individuals, looking at life and hunting from a different point of view. Dean could never understand what it was like to have a normal life like Sam did at Stanford, and Sam could never understand what Dean had to go through in Hell. Stop turning them into the same person!! They're differences are what make it good! ;)

That said, I also don't want another season of them totally estranged. Go back to the first season mentality where they were different, but accepted those differences a little better.

THAT said (;)), can't WAIT for new episodes!!!! :D

RodneyIsGodney
July 26th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks for that RIG/Iolanda..... that answers my question about Sam then!
You're welcome.:)

:P Glad he didn't spend a year in hell!!!!
Me too!

And Dean's married? :eek:
I know. I was like :eek: when I first read that too. It sure kept me from going to sleep when I went to bed a few minutes later.

Thank you! Blessed are those who have friends who know tricks and shortcuts. *files that info away for future use*
Glad Iolanda could help. I didn't realize that the link might not work for everyone.:o So, thank you Iolanda.:)

starg8fans
July 26th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Glad Iolanda could help. I didn't realize that the link might not work for everyone.:o So, thank you Iolanda.:)

Not your fault we're living in an uber-regulated country.

I must say I'm not surprised Dean is married. After all, he knows now that God and sin is all real. Don't think he's eager to earn himself another round in hell. And we know he's really fond of Ben, and this would give him more of an official daddy status.

I totally agree with the not-being-able-to-wait part, though.

iolanda
July 26th, 2010, 11:40 AM
No Problem, I love to figure out stuff and it keeps me from packing (can't beleive that I move in less than 2 weeks :( )

Found this, it's another report from the SPN Panel, and gets me totally excited and I want to see this episodes RIGHT NOW!!

http://missyjack.livejournal.com/616771.html

starg8fans
July 26th, 2010, 12:07 PM
The wait for late September will be endless.

RodneyIsGodney
July 26th, 2010, 03:24 PM
The wait for late September will be endless.
Indubitably. However...season five comes out on DVD September 10th!:D

Crichiel
July 26th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Dude! I thought it wasn't coming out until a few DAYS before the new season. September 10th is bad, but not unbearable! (though August 10th would be better ;))

edit: Weird, I just went on Amazon and they say September 7. But I'm not buying that since the 7th is a Saturday and DVDs (in the States, at least) are released on Tuesdays...which would be the 10th).

RodneyIsGodney
July 26th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Dude! I thought it wasn't coming out until a few DAYS before the new season. September 10th is bad, but not unbearable! (though August 10th would be better ;))

edit: Weird, I just went on Amazon and they say September 7. But I'm not buying that since the 7th is a Saturday and DVDs (in the States, at least) are released on Tuesdays...which would be the 10th).
Yeah, I saw that too, it is weird. Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_5)) has it as the 7th as well...huh.

iolanda
July 27th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Anyone interested in a sneak peak for S6? Vid is from the Comic Con :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iita-mYEyYQ

RodneyIsGodney
July 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Anyone interested in a sneak peak for S6? Vid is from the Dragon Con :)

Pssst! It's Comic-Con...

And thanx for this!

the fifth man
July 27th, 2010, 05:39 PM

Very nice! Thanks a lot for the link.:)

RodneyIsGodney
July 27th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Anytime.;)

starg8fans
July 27th, 2010, 08:41 PM

You rellly need to ask? :p Thanks, I've been waiting to see this.

In the recs this short interview with Jensen showed up. Not much we haven't had before, except for a little more info what Dean's 'normal' life looks like. Oh, and what he says about the 'balance' between the characters makes me hope that they won't change them too much after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-wC9QIz88Q

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2010, 02:05 AM
'Supernatural': Castiel, Bobby on season six

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s6/supernatural/tubetalk/a251968/supernatural-castiel-bobby-on-season-six.html

Jared and Jensen 'Supernatural' exclusive!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s6/supernatural/tubetalk/a251532/jared-and-jensen-supernatural-exclusive.html

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Got any Supernatural spoilers? — Samantha
ADAM: The show is adding a new angel who's gone a bit rogue. The possibly recurring character is described as an attractive charmer who appears slightly manic on the surface but carries a great sadness.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/New-Vampire-Diaries-1021074.aspx

Supernatural's execs dish on show future

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s6/supernatural/tubetalk/a251305/supernaturals-execs-dish-on-show-future.html

the fifth man
July 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Nice interviews. Thanks, as always, Madwelshboy.

Boo
July 29th, 2010, 08:51 AM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/07/supernatural-ep-sera-gamble-lisa-will-recur-plus-deans-amulet-and-is-this-the-final-season.html

the fifth man
July 29th, 2010, 06:15 PM
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/07/supernatural-ep-sera-gamble-lisa-will-recur-plus-deans-amulet-and-is-this-the-final-season.html

Thanks for the link to that.

iolanda
July 30th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Not really anything new, but at least a trailer for Season 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJkMI_w-utI

LtColCarter
July 31st, 2010, 01:56 PM

Awesome!

the fifth man
July 31st, 2010, 09:42 PM
Got me pumped up.

Madwelshboy
August 2nd, 2010, 09:55 AM
'Supernatural' to reference 'Twilight'

Supernatural showrunner Sera Gamble has revealed that an upcoming episode of the show's sixth season will poke fun at the Twilight franchise. She told TV Guide that other popular vampire series such as True Blood and The Vampire Diaries will also be referenced in the instalment, which is provisionally titled 'Live Free or Twi-Hard'.

"We're doing an episode about how vampires pretending to be Edward Cullen or the Salvatore brothers or Bill Compton are bad for you," she explained.

Gamble revealed that the episode will explore the current romantic fascination with vampires, popularised by Twilight and similar brands. "Chicks are just throwing themselves at them!" she joked. "They think that 'vampire' equals 'I'm not going to try to have sex with you'. They will still take advantage of our children! They will turn you into a vampire or eat you."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s6/supernatural/news/a254713/supernatural-to-reference-twilight.html

LizzieAnne
August 3rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Here's a very nice interview with Jared at the Comic Con. He reveals quite a bit about Sam and where things are going in S6....some things have already been said before but there's a little I didn't know about. Visuals aren't so good but the sound is fine. Oh and we can see Jared's new hair cut...:P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwdlFNxAmFo

the fifth man
August 3rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Very nice interview. Thanks for sharing the link to that.:)

Boo
August 4th, 2010, 08:54 AM
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/08/supernatural-season-6.html

the fifth man
August 4th, 2010, 07:02 PM
All of this is getting me so excited for the new season to start. It really can't get here soon enough.

Madwelshboy
August 5th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Question: Did you get any Supernatural scoop at press tour? —Jackie
Ausiello: Sure did. Considering the theme of the season is monsters, it's probably no surprise that the first big mystery concerns, er, monsters. "Sam and Dean are looking into the fact that monsters are acting off-pattern," explains exec producer Sera Gamble. "It's sort of a post-apocalyptic landscape and monsters are acting in various weird ways. It's a monster mystery." Gamble is also hard at work on an episode that pokes fun at the Twilight phenomenon. "I was just doing a bit of work on the script today with [series creator] Eric [Kripke] and he was like, 'So what is this reference to dropping an apple?' I was like, 'You don't know the dropping an apple thing? It's from Twilight!' I was like, 'Come over here! You have to watch the promo!' There are a lot of references to Twilight and our former [timeslot companion] Vampire Diaries."

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/04/ask-ausiello-spoilers-greys-house-bones/

Madwelshboy
August 5th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Supernatural - Season 6 - Casting News

Sebastian Roché (aka Newton from Fringe) will be guest starring on Supernatural.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/supernatural-season-6-casting-news.html#ixzz0vk8kKrLz

the fifth man
August 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Supernatural - Season 6 - Casting News

Sebastian Roché (aka Newton from Fringe) will be guest starring on Supernatural.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/supernatural-season-6-casting-news.html#ixzz0vk8kKrLz

Nice, I liked him on Fringe.

Madwelshboy
August 6th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Supernatural - Episode 6.03 - The Third Man - Casting News Update

Fringe‘ shape-shifter Sebastian Roché is adopting yet another new form: as an angel on The CW’s ‘Supernatural.’ The Paris-born actor broke the casting news via his Twitter feed, but offered no details on his role.

Fancast has learned exclusively that Roché will guest-star on ‘Supernatural’ in the upcoming season’s third episode, “The Third Man,” as Balthazar – an angel/soldier friend of Castiel’s.

“Remember when Cass (played by Misha Collins) was dragged back to Heaven as a prisoner? Balthazar was actually the only friend who stood up for him,” ‘Supernatural’ executive producer Sera Gamble notes. “During the Apocalypse, Balthazar went AWOL, and Cass thought he was dead. Turns out… not so much.”

So what is Balty up to, and why is he hanging among the humanfolk? Says Gamble, “He’s doing some very interesting, shady stuff we’ve never seen an angel do before.”

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/supernatural-episode-603-third-man.html#ixzz0vrJ11KX8

the fifth man
August 6th, 2010, 07:21 PM
That sounds really good.

P-90_177
August 8th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Supernatural - Episode 6.03 - The Third Man - Casting News Update

Fringe‘ shape-shifter Sebastian Roché is adopting yet another new form: as an angel on The CW’s ‘Supernatural.’ The Paris-born actor broke the casting news via his Twitter feed, but offered no details on his role.

Fancast has learned exclusively that Roché will guest-star on ‘Supernatural’ in the upcoming season’s third episode, “The Third Man,” as Balthazar – an angel/soldier friend of Castiel’s.

“Remember when Cass (played by Misha Collins) was dragged back to Heaven as a prisoner? Balthazar was actually the only friend who stood up for him,” ‘Supernatural’ executive producer Sera Gamble notes. “During the Apocalypse, Balthazar went AWOL, and Cass thought he was dead. Turns out… not so much.”

So what is Balty up to, and why is he hanging among the humanfolk? Says Gamble, “He’s doing some very interesting, shady stuff we’ve never seen an angel do before.”http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/supernatural-episode-603-third-man.html#ixzz0vrJ11KX8

Pimping hookers? :P

iolanda
August 10th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Pictures!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/supernatural-new-collection-of-set.html

the fifth man
August 10th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the link to those.

Madwelshboy
August 12th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Question: I’m still not clear on how exactly Castiel fits into Supernatural‘s new monster-heavy theme this season. —Kim
Ausiello: I’ll let EP Sera Gamble take this one. “Castiel is a full-powered angel,” she explains. “He was restored at the end of last season. He went back up to Heaven, and Heaven is kind of a mess. Dark angels are locked in the basement. It’s kind of chaotic. He has what he feels is a mission to clean things up. That’s where we start him off. He also has a very personal relationship with the boys. That also continues. That’s where we start him this season. He’s in a very interesting position. He’s sort of caught between the problems of Heaven and the problems of Sam and Dean on Earth.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/11/ask-ausiello-spoilers-greys-glee-90210/

Boo
August 13th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Gamble: 'Supernatural will focus on Dean'

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s6/supernatural/news/a260851/gamble-supernatural-will-focus-on-dean.html#Scene_1

RodneyIsGodney
August 13th, 2010, 11:50 AM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s6/supernatural/news/a260851/gamble-supernatural-will-focus-on-dean.html#Scene_1
Aw, man... That sucks out loud! Keeping the Impala under a tarp and Dean NOT DRIVING IT (for however long) is...is nine kinds of crazy! ...even if I do understand why.

iolanda
August 13th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Aw, man... That sucks out loud! Keeping the Impala under a tarp and Dean NOT DRIVING IT (for however long) is...is nine kinds of crazy! ...even if I do understand why.

I totally understand, why, and I think it's the right thing to do to not diminish the role of the impala.

Crichiel
August 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM
ITA, I think it's more poignant that he's not driving it. I think it's a good thing, sad, but good storytelling-wise.

the fifth man
August 14th, 2010, 06:55 PM
I am really liking what I am hearing about this season so far. This is going to be really good.

Boo
August 15th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Fred Lehne Talks Acting and Supernatural, With a Little Teaser

http://fangasmthebook.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/fred-lehne-talks-acting-and-supernatural-with-a-little-teaser/

Madwelshboy
August 19th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Question: What did CW prez Dawn Ostroff mean when she said at press tour that Dean will be like Sam and Sam will be like Dean on Supernatural this season? —Isaiah
Ausiello: Let’s ask exec producer Sera Gamble. “When we start the season we very consciously riffed a little bit on season 1 in that Dean is out of the business and Sam comes for him,” she explains. “When we started the series, Sam had attachments. He had a girlfriend he was really serious about, and he had retired from hunting essentially. Dean was this very intense hunter who came for his brother. On the surface anyway, the situation is reversed at the beginning of the season.”

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/18/ask-ausiello-spoilers-true-blood-greys-anatomy-bones/

iolanda
August 20th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Set pictures:

http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_spnparty/273028.html

LizzieAnne
August 23rd, 2010, 01:49 AM
Here's a certain someone that SGA fans will recognise...for ep 6.05 I believe. :P

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/athena-4400/supernatural/Jensen/29debs6.jpg

Yep..Amelia Banks. I wonder if she's going to turn Dean's head as well as Ronon's. :P

starg8fans
August 23rd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Here's a certain someone that SGA fans will recognise...for ep 6.05 I believe. :P

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/athena-4400/supernatural/Jensen/29debs6.jpg

Yep..Amelia Banks. I wonder if she's going to turn Dean's head as well as Ronon's. :P

Wow, first Jason, now Jensen? I believe the proper expression is 'jammy git'.

I wonder if she's going to turn out to be another member of Mary's family.

LizzieAnne
August 23rd, 2010, 11:48 AM

Somehow I thought you might say that :P

I wonder if she's going to turn out to be another member of Mary's family.

I think you could be right...I think it's too early in the season for Dean to have a love interest. Assuming he's still attached to 'what's her name'...oh yes Lisa I mean, I can't see Dean going back to his womanising ways of the earlier seasons with her still in the picture. It would make him look like a scum bag...and it's very unlikely they'll go that route.
So it's going to be very interesting to see how all that plays out.

the fifth man
August 23rd, 2010, 08:03 PM
Somehow I thought you might say that :P

I think you could be right...I think it's too early in the season for Dean to have a love interest. Assuming he's still attached to 'what's her name'...oh yes Lisa I mean, I can't see Dean going back to his womanising ways of the earlier seasons with her still in the picture. It would make him look like a scum bag...and it's very unlikely they'll go that route.
So it's going to be very interesting to see how all that plays out.

Yeah, I don't see them doing that either.

Madwelshboy
August 24th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Got anything on ‘Supernatural‘? – Beth
Jared Padalecki will seize the spotlight as Season 6 launches Sept. 24, when “Sam comes back under mysterious circumstances – as people tend to do when they get out of Hell!” show runner Sera Gamble shares with a chuckle. And though the bros have the Apocalypse behind them, don’t worry about them kicking back with historically disposable love interests. “No, what the boys need is to be hunters, to save people while probably suffering a lot in their personal life on every level,” says Gamble. “That’s what makes them heroes.”

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/the-big-tease-scoop-on-hawaii-five-o-bones-supernatural-and-more/

RodneyIsGodney
August 24th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Um... Jason who? *looks at your sig* Momoa? Seeing as she was his "love interest" at the end of SGA.

Boo
August 27th, 2010, 06:25 AM
First Look: Mitch Pileggi Meets the Winchesters On 'Supernatural'

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/27/mitch-pileggi-supernatural-exclusive/

starg8fans
August 27th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the link, Boo. Grandpa Samuel a 'recurring character'? How on earth are they gonna pull that one off? Possibly a side effect of Sam's 'miraculous' emergence from the cage?

RodneyIsGodney
August 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, thanks for the link Boo...

...apparently there's a big Hulabaloo about Dean's shirt being tucked in in the picture. Hee, at least we can finally see his "sweet ass" in those jeans. ...uh, sorry, wrong thread.:o

Dean used the words "sweet ass" in reference to himself but I cannot for-the-life-of-me remember in which episode.

starg8fans
August 27th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah, thanks for the link Boo...

...apparently there's a big Hulabaloo about Dean's shirt being tucked in in the picture. Hee, at least we can finally see his "sweet ass" in those jeans. ...uh, sorry, wrong thread.:o

Dean used the words "sweet ass" in reference to himself but I cannot for-the-life-of-me remember in which episode.

Hey, didn't even notice the tucked-in shirt.

But - and I realize I'm outing myself as a total geek - that quote refers to the S5 episode Point of No Return where Dean tellsZachariah something along the lines of "Before Michael gets one slice of this sweet ass he has to turn you into charcoal."

If you will excuse me now, off to ogle Dean's shirttail-less sweet ass. :p

RodneyIsGodney
August 27th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hey, didn't even notice the tucked-in shirt.
Yeah, I didn't either. Read some of the comments about it and had to go back for another look. Sure enough!

But - and I realize I'm outing myself as a total geek - that quote refers to the S5 episode Point of No Return where Dean tellsZachariah something along the lines of "Before Michael gets one slice of this sweet ass he has to turn you into charcoal."
Thank you. From one total geek to another.:D

If you will excuse me now, off to ogle Dean's shirttail-less sweet ass. :p
Have fun!:D

the fifth man
August 27th, 2010, 07:00 PM
First Look: Mitch Pileggi Meets the Winchesters On 'Supernatural'

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/08/27/mitch-pileggi-supernatural-exclusive/

I think it will be great having Mitch Pileggi around every now and then. He is a great actor IMO. I don't know how TPTB pull it off, but I have faith in them.

Madwelshboy
August 28th, 2010, 01:24 AM
Episode 6.06 of Supernatural will be called ""Live Free or Twihard"

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/supernatural-episode-606-live-free-or.html#ixzz0xtItbHVN

Episode 6.07 of Supernatural will be called "Family Matters"

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/supernatural-episode-607-family-matters.html

Madwelshboy
August 31st, 2010, 08:46 AM
Supernatural - Episode 6.01 - Exile on Main St. - Promotional Photos

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/08/supernatural-episode-601-exile-on-main.html#ixzz0yCdsnW5j

starg8fans
August 31st, 2010, 09:28 AM
Squee - we got pix! Thanks for these, MWB, they made my day.

Judging from the second picture, Sam had something to do with bringing Grandaddy back. That smug look on his face, and Dean's totally thunderstruck impression seems to indicate it.

LizzieAnne
August 31st, 2010, 09:36 AM
Whoa....very nice link MWB....thank you. :)

Excuse me while I have a total fangirl moment....

Squeeeeeeee........http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/athena-4400/supernatural/smilies/running_happy.gif

It's great to see them all together....:P

starg8fans
August 31st, 2010, 09:43 AM
Whoa....very nice link MWB....thank you. :)

Excuse me while I have a total fangirl moment....

Squeeeeeeee........http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/athena-4400/supernatural/smilies/running_happy.gif

It's great to see them all together....:P

Not to mention that they all look great. *joins Lizzie in fangirl celebration*

LizzieAnne
August 31st, 2010, 09:55 AM

Judging from the second picture, Sam had something to do with bringing Grandaddy back. That smug look on his face, and Dean's totally thunderstruck impression seems to indicate it.

Yep..he does look very pleased with himself. :D ....and they really do look fantastic. It's great that they're both in the first ep. I was thinking that maybe they wouldn't be.

starg8fans
August 31st, 2010, 10:21 AM
Heck, TPTB on Spn are smart enough to know that the mix is the moneymaker in this show. They wouldn't send one Winchester into a season premiere on his own. Even though, come to think of it, they always had us thinking they would. S2 Dean was in a coma, S4 he was in hell and now it could go either way with either Sam in the box or Dean retired from hunting.

LizzieAnne
August 31st, 2010, 10:27 AM
Yeah...I know it makes sense...but I thought I read somewhere that the first ep was going to concentrate on Dean and Lisa...maybe I dreamt it...or maybe it was a nightmare!! :P

the fifth man
August 31st, 2010, 06:00 PM

It will be interesting to see if you are right on that one.

LtColCarter
September 3rd, 2010, 06:49 AM
It will be interesting to see if you are right on that one.

:indeed:

the fifth man
September 3rd, 2010, 06:52 PM
At least we are getting closer to the season premiere now.

starg8fans
September 3rd, 2010, 08:18 PM
Yes, we are - and the term TGIF is going to take on an all new meaning from Sept. 24...

Madwelshboy
September 4th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Supernatural - Episode 6.01 - Exile on Main St. - Press Release

MITCH PILEGGI (“X-Files,” “Sons of Anarchy”) RETURNS AS DEAN AND SAM’S GRANDFATHER — It’s a year later and Dean (Jensen Ackles) has given up hunting and is living with Lisa (guest star Cindy Sampson) and her son Ben (guest star Nicholas Elia). Mysteriously freed from his cage in hell, Sam (Jared Padalecki) finds Dean and tells him he needs to rejoin the fight and introduces Dean to a world—a family—he never even knew existed.... the Campbells, his mother’s family, lead by none other than their Grandfather Samuel (Pileggi). Phil Sgrricia directed the episode written by Sera Gamble (#601).

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/supernatural-episode-601-exile-on-main_04.html#ixzz0yYIz33Nm

starg8fans
September 4th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Thanks for this, MWB. I'm getting so excited, now that this hellatus is nearing its end...

Based on this, I thought at first that Gramps Samuel wasn't brought back from the dead after, but actually survived the attack by the YED. I mean, it's feasible. Last time we saw him, it could have been he was only unconscious, and they managed to save him.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt144/SupNatFans/OT/SamuelITB.jpg

On the other hand, in The Song Remains the Same John says there that 'Mary's father was a Sam', and later tells the boys how tragic it was that he died of a heart attack. But still, it could be that Mary just claimed that her father was dead to protect him from the YED, and Samuel went into hiding.

In any case, I'm sure the explanation will be interesting.

iolanda
September 4th, 2010, 05:57 AM
On the other hand, in The Song Remains the Same John says there that 'Mary's father was a Sam', and later tells the boys how tragic it was that he died of a heart attack. But still, it could be that Mary just claimed that her father was dead to protect him from the YED, and Samuel went into hiding.

In any case, I'm sure the explanation will be interesting.

There would also be an age problem, because Samuel Campbell would be about 70-80 now, and that's apparently not the case.

RodneyIsGodney
September 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Yes, we are - and the term TGIF is going to take on an all new meaning from Sept. 24...
Oh, you got that right!

the fifth man
September 4th, 2010, 05:50 PM
There would also be an age problem, because Samuel Campbell would be about 70-80 now, and that's apparently not the case.

Yeah, there is definitely something supernatural about his return.;)