PDA

View Full Version : "Alliances" (213) Pre-Airing Discussion Thread

PG15
April 17th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Writer: Linda McGibney
Director: Peter DeLuise

---

Muahahaha! I finally get a chance to post an episode thread, and it's all thanks to the others' foolish decision to sleep instead of not sleep! Fools!! :p

Anyways...

Today, we broke Linda�s story (episode 13), which explores the relationship of two of my very favorite characters,

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/march-24-2010-oh-a-whole-bunch-o-stuff-including-the-return-of-the-mailbag/

4:30 p.m.: Linda puts out the outline for Alliances. I file it away for later perusal.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/04/16/april-16-2010-awakening-day-1/

PG15
May 3rd, 2010, 10:54 PM
Small update:

Linda is working on a first draft of her script (what was that title again?)

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/may-3-2010-battles-with-ashleigh-production-update-miscellaneous-pics-and-the-mailbag/

The Swarm
May 6th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I am willing to bet it is the rematch or Young vs Rush and Wray... they probably try to take over the ship again.

Or they could stand together and wack the Lucian Alliance.

Jumper_One
May 12th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Remi continues his rewrite of Visitation, Lisa continues work on her first draft of Alliances, Robert is in New Mexico shooting Malice, while Paul is on set overseeing production on Trial and Error. Busy, busy!
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/05/12/may-12-2010-ice-cream-update-production-update-the-mailbag/

Spimman
May 13th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I'm hoping at this point into S2 they aren't still figuring out internal alliances, an external alliance of some kind would be pretty cool! The following episode title makes me wonder if it is a 2-parter or at least strongly connected in plot.

FoX-1028
May 13th, 2010, 04:52 PM
"Alliances" :o intersting!!

Jumper_One
May 14th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I suspect we’ll be seeing a first draft of episode #13, Alliances, sometime soon. This one explores one of the more interesting relationships aboard Destiny and I’m eager to see what Linda does with it.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/05/14/may-14-2010-stargate-universe-episode-17-pain-production-update-atlantis-stuff/

Jumper_One
May 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Sure, I could give you a production update, tell you that Brad and Rob are in New Mexico for Day #2 of Malice, that Carl was on set for Day #1 of The Greater Good, that Remi delivered his revised writer’s draft of Visitation, Linda delivered her first draft of Alliances, Paul delivered his outline of Resurgence : Electric Boogaloo, and that I’ve almost completed my rewrite of Resurgence – but, instead, I think I’ll let the pics do the talking today...
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/may-18-2010-sundry-pics-and-a-side-of-mailbag/

Jumper_One
May 27th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Meanwhile, Paul has started work on the second part of the mid-season two-parter and he’s elected to abandon all three place-holder titles “Resurgence II: The Heretic”, “Resurgence II: Electric Boogaloo”, and “Still Resurging” in favor of the much more understated “Deliverance”. Brad is working on his rewrite of Twin Destinies following our marathon morning mind-bending discussion. Carl’s on set hanging with the guest stars for his episode, The Greater Good. Linda is working on her rewrite of Alliances while Remi has started fleshing out one of his new arenas. Rob should be in post, working on his director/producer’s cut of Malice. And, with my revised draft of Resurgence out, I am looking ahead to my next story…whatever that may be. I’m thinking musical.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/05/27/may-27-2010-get-yer-dog-pics-fix-sgu-production-update-next-up-on-the-reading-block/

ukguy30
June 6th, 2010, 02:16 PM
well i think alliances coudl have more to do with the blue alien's if u watch the trailer for SGU it shows the blue aliens casually non threatingly lol walking through the stargate and on to destiny maybe its to do with them ?

jelgate
June 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM
well i think alliances coudl have more to do with the blue alien's if u watch the trailer for SGU it shows the blue aliens casually non threatingly lol walking through the stargate and on to destiny maybe its to do with them ?

We left the blue aliens in the other galaxy

EllieVee
June 6th, 2010, 04:02 PM
We left the blue aliens in the other galaxy

Maybe they followed us.

jelgate
June 6th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Maybe they followed us.
I don't think their ships can transverse the void like Destiny

EllieVee
June 6th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I don't think their ships can transverse the void like Destiny

We don't know that, though.

PG15
June 6th, 2010, 10:01 PM

That scene was from "Pain".

ukguy30
June 7th, 2010, 02:02 AM
@jelgate yes there ship can do that cos destiny was out of that galaxy just before they went in to FTL u saw the galaxy they went from to the one that was heading for so i think the blue aliens maybe multi galatic

ukguy30
June 7th, 2010, 02:13 AM
@pg15 really i dont remember seeing that scene on pain as that was a good ep tho

jelgate
June 7th, 2010, 01:47 PM
@jelgate yes there ship can do that cos destiny was out of that galaxy just before they went in to FTL u saw the galaxy they went from to the one that was heading for so i think the blue aliens maybe multi galatic

They were barely out the first galaxy when Sabotage happened.

MagicJacob
June 7th, 2010, 03:31 PM
yes, I also think so..
My opinion is, the lucian alliance & the Young/ Rush Crew will ally against the blue ( very cool designed and behaving) aliens..
it would be an interesting twist of the story..
the parties which are at war right now, have to come together to fight a much stronger and more advanced enemy..
this is so interesting... just can't wait and I hate the thought of a huge break between the first season ended...
:-(

ukguy30
June 7th, 2010, 04:38 PM
@jelgate yea but far enough to see the entire galaxy so those blue aliens must be able to travel to other galaxys and i heard that season 2 will have the blue aliens in too so they must be able too

jelgate
June 7th, 2010, 05:18 PM
@jelgate yea but far enough to see the entire galaxy so those blue aliens must be able to travel to other galaxys and i heard that season 2 will have the blue aliens in too so they must be able too

You still can't deny its been 2 days since they left the galaxy. Even for ships like our 304s thats no far out

PG15
July 11th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Update:

Don writes: “One thing I’ve been curious to see is a story where someone uses the stones to come to Earth and something big is happening there.”

Answer: Like in season two’s Alliances?

Boris writes: “[...] 5) Which episode of SGU is shooting now or will start shooting soon?”

Answers: [...] 5) We just wrapped on Deliverance (211) and will be moving on to Alliances (213).

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/07/11/july-11-2010-he-does-it-again-afternoon-soccer-with-the-guys-the-pineapple-diaries-part-iii-mailbag/

Jumper_One
July 28th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Progress on the script front. This morning, I finished Act II of The Hunt, working out the troublesome dialogue – as I often do – while driving. I hope to hit the 30 page mark by end of week, then the 40 page mark by end of next week. By the time I return to the office, it should be smoooooooooth sailing. Of course, I won’t be able to do any actual writing because, with Paul prepping Alliances, my presence will be required on set to make sure actor Peter Kelamis doesn’t finish off all the craft service sandwiches again. Still, I should have the script – with its A, B, C, and D stories – in pretty good shape by the end of August. [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/july-28-2010-script-progress-jelly-update-trailers-and-spoilers-abound/

Rhoswen
August 10th, 2010, 01:04 AM
Casting notice info for this episode:

STARGATE UNIVERSE, Episode #213, "Alliances"
Director: Peter DeLuise
Writer: Linda McGibney
Shoot Dates: 8/18-8/27

[SENATOR MICHAELS] Female, 50s, striking, tough, smart, with an edge. A powerful and respected politician. She comes onboard the ship to assess the future potential and long term viability of the mission, and does not necessarily draw the conclusions that our characters would have hoped. She has a pre-existing relationship with Chloe, having been friends with Chloe's father who was also a Senator. She's known her since Chloe was a little girl, and always thought that she would follow in her father's footsteps. She's saddened and disappointed that Chloe is now stuck on the ship, possibly for the rest of her life. She considers this a tremendous waste of potential. Chloe tries to get her to see the value in what they're doing, and in the end, courageously facing her own imminent death, the Senator expresses her pride in Chloe's achievements. Possibly recurring. Names preferred.

[DR. ANDREW COVEL] (rhymes with shovel) Male, 40s, a contemporary and former colleague of Rush. Brilliant, but in Rush's mind more of a political survivor than pure scientist. He is brought onboard to assess the validity of a tremendous discovery that Rush has made, something that, if confirmed, could change the way we look at the very nature of the universe. But he does not trust Rush's evidence, and is not willing to go out on a limb, staking his own position/reputation on Rush's interpretation of the data. In the end, facing his own imminent death, he makes a cowardly decision, trying to survive by sacrificing someone else. Possibly recurring. Names preferred.
---------------------------------

I wonder what Rush's discovery is?

If both of these characters are possibly recurring, then it seems unlikely that either one dies in this episode. Will Dr. Covel sacrifice somebody from Destiny? The way the casting notice is written it's possible that Dr. Covel tries but doesn't succeed in sacrificing somebody else.

KEK
August 10th, 2010, 02:26 AM
"could change the way we look at the very nature of the universe"

Very dangerous. I hope they don't **** this up.

Rhoswen
August 10th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I've read the casting sides for Senator Michaels and Dr. Andrew Covel for "Alliances," and some of them were a bit confusing, but here's the main info I gathered:

Michaels and Covel come aboard Destiny (using the stones I assume, although that isn't specified in the sides), and Dr. Perry - the quadriplegic from season 1 who was attracted to Rush - is also mentioned, but I couldn't tell from the sides if she also comes to Destiny or not.

The crew of the Destiny has been trying to dial a gate from within a star, but it hasn't worked yet and no one seems sure why. Possible sabotage is discussed as a possibility. Young tells Michaels that he and Rush have had their differences, but if it had worked Young would have supported Rush and stayed behind as long as there were enough volunteers to keep the program going.

In the control room, Rush and Covel listen to and watch the video playback of an ancient signal that Rush has discovered. There appears to be a pattern, but Covel seems reluctant to take the information back to Earth in order to confirm it. Covel had been offered the Icarus Project and turned it down before Rush got it; Covel had thought it was all a bunch of mythological mumbo jumbo.

Here's the part of the sides that was confusing, so I apologize if I get some of this wrong: While Michaels and Covel are on Destiny, it appears that (back on Earth?) there is some sort of incident that releases dangerous levels of radiation, and that their real bodies and also Dr. Perry are exposed and will likely die. When Covel switches back to his body, he sees seemingly unsurvivable levels of radiation on a Geiger counter, and he panics and quickly reestablishes the connection. Then (again, the sides were confusing) it seems that Covel sabotages something that prevents him and Michaels from being sent back to their bodies. From the sides, it appears that Dr. Perry may have died from the radiation because her condition weakened her body. When Rush reveals what Covel has done, and when it's determined that a healthy body could possibly survive the radiation, Michaels asks Young to bring Varro to them to "go over the instructions one more time" and then have them sent back. (I don't know what type of help Varro could give them, except maybe the radiation was caused by a Lucian Alliance device/weapon and he knows how to disarm or stop it? That's completely a guess, though.) According to the casting notices (in my previous post), Michaels and Covel are possibly recurring characters, so maybe they live.

If I notice anything else from the sides that might be interesting, I'll post an update later.

ns2
August 10th, 2010, 06:25 PM
??? Okay, I'll give you a hint. It's for episode #213, Alliances.

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/img_6270.jpg

Artemis-Neith
August 10th, 2010, 11:27 PM
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/img_6270.jpg

I see an interesting tattoo, or two eyes looking at me! Aliens, or not aliens? That's the question here. Anyway, the picture is cool :cool:

KEK
August 11th, 2010, 05:45 AM
They gets tattoos in the spirit of co-operation, Eli first due to his new chick. Betcha.

Barroth
August 11th, 2010, 07:42 AM
could be a wraith-tattoo

major davis
August 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I've read the casting sides for Senator Michaels and Dr. Andrew Covel for "Alliances," and some of them were a bit confusing, but here's the main info I gathered:

Michaels and Covel come aboard Destiny (using the stones I assume, although that isn't specified in the sides), and Dr. Perry - the quadriplegic from season 1 who was attracted to Rush - is also mentioned, but I couldn't tell from the sides if she also comes to Destiny or not.

The crew of the Destiny has been trying to dial a gate from within a star, but it hasn't worked yet and no one seems sure why. Possible sabotage is discussed as a possibility. Young tells Michaels that he and Rush have had their differences, but if it had worked Young would have supported Rush and stayed behind as long as there were enough volunteers to keep the program going.

In the control room, Rush and Covel listen to and watch the video playback of an ancient signal that Rush has discovered. There appears to be a pattern, but Covel seems reluctant to take the information back to Earth in order to confirm it. Covel had been offered the Icarus Project and turned it down before Rush got it; Covel had thought it was all a bunch of mythological mumbo jumbo.

Here's the part of the sides that was confusing, so I apologize if I get some of this wrong: While Michaels and Covel are on Destiny, it appears that (back on Earth?) there is some sort of incident that releases dangerous levels of radiation, and that their real bodies and also Dr. Perry are exposed and will likely die. When Covel switches back to his body, he sees seemingly unsurvivable levels of radiation on a Geiger counter, and he panics and quickly reestablishes the connection. Then (again, the sides were confusing) it seems that Covel sabotages something that prevents him and Michaels from being sent back to their bodies. From the sides, it appears that Dr. Perry may have died from the radiation because her condition weakened her body. When Rush reveals what Covel has done, and when it's determined that a healthy body could possibly survive the radiation, Michaels asks Young to bring Varro to them to "go over the instructions one more time" and then have them sent back. (I don't know what type of help Varro could give them, except maybe the radiation was caused by a Lucian Alliance device/weapon and he knows how to disarm or stop it? That's completely a guess, though.) According to the casting notices (in my previous post), Michaels and Covel are possibly recurring characters, so maybe they live.

If I notice anything else from the sides that might be interesting, I'll post an update later.

Hmmm, not to be a kill joy, but it sounds a little boring. I mean, it would be interesting to see the evaluation, but the rest just sounds dull. I hope theres more to the story then we see. At first I thought sabotage would have no plot and would be stupid, and look how that turned out, so I have hope. :)

Jumper_One
August 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Major D. Davis writes: “[...] 2. Is Peter DeLuise directing Alliances? [...]

Answers: [...] yes [...]
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/april-16-2010-the-devils-alphabet-by-daryl-gregory/

Jumper_One
August 20th, 2010, 08:21 PM
As Brad pointed out, the actor playing the part of Dr. Andrew Covel in episode #213 brings to four the number of guest stars who also appeared in the original Stargate movie.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/august-20-2010-an-all-encompassing-meandering-rant-production-developments-mailbag/

KEK
August 21st, 2010, 05:31 AM
Mili Avital please.

Jumper_One
August 26th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I headed upstairs, unpacked, then went down and grabbed an egg white omelet from the truck. My writing partner, Paul, was also in bright and early to supervise the on-set action on Alliances. After our breakfast chat and updates, he headed down to Stage 6 to negotiate the rubble while I headed over to join the location scout for The Hunt.

**snip**

Anyway, the location was perfect. All we need now is a house for the Tamara flashbacks, a cave, and to finish off that big shipboard chamber.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/august-26-2010-location-scout-in-and-around-the-offices-jellys-progress-orange-dog/

knowles2
September 5th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Seem like this episode aiming to introducing a lot of new reaccurring characters to the show. Which I think will add depth to the universe, especially to the stargate programme an home world security.

Chemp
September 13th, 2010, 02:54 AM
As Brad pointed out, the actor playing the part of Dr. Andrew Covel in episode #213 brings to four the number of guest stars who also appeared in the original Stargate movie.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/august-20-2010-an-all-encompassing-meandering-rant-production-developments-mailbag/

James Spader (I just loved him in Boston Legal), after reading the casting call, I think he would be perfect for the role of Dr.Covel.

mi_guard
September 13th, 2010, 12:47 PM
James Spader (I just loved him in Boston Legal), after reading the casting call, I think he would be perfect for the role of Dr.Covel.

wasn't he playing Dr. Daniel Jackson in the original Stargate movie? so it would be like coming home for him.

Jumper_One
November 16th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Holloway writes: “However one issue that I can’t overlook, one that’s been agitating me since season one, is the handling and under usage of Greer.”

Answer: In season one, we set the groundwork for the series and tried to give each of our main players a spotlight episode (in Greer’s case, it was Lost). As we headed into season two, we broke down our stories and ensured that each main character would have one (or more) spotlight episodes. When it comes time to lining these episodes up in the production schedule, their placement is dictated by the overall season arc and ongoing storylines, so even if one character may seem light in the first half of the season, that won’t be the case for the second half. In the case of Greer, he’s got two big episodes in season 2 (in addition to a lot of terrific beats and throughlines in other episodes), but you’ll have to wait until the back half to see them: episode #213, Alliances, and episode #216, The Hunt. In fact, one of the things SyFy’s Erika Kennair remarked on during her last visit to the Stargate set was the significant development in both the Greer and T.J. characters this season.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/november-16-2010-stargate-universe-episode-208-malice-on-tonight-900-p-m-on-syfy/

Jumper_One
November 25th, 2010, 03:32 AM
All quiet on the Stargate front as the cast and crew head their separate ways to work, enjoy the holidays, and await word on a potential third season. Meanwhile, post-production continues (as Kerry, our post-production coordinator will frequently remind us) with Day 1 Mixes of Deliverance and Twin Destinies, and a Day 2 Mix of Alliances on deck. And, given the way the schedule looks to be playing out, I’ll probably be receiving delivery of the Day 1 Mix of The Hunt at The Imperial Hotel in mid-December.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/24/november-24-2010-comic-haul-the-return-of-the-weird-food-purchase-of-the-day-snow-monkeys-go-for-their-sixth-win-eight-games/

Jumper_One
November 30th, 2010, 02:00 AM
Went into the office today to watch not one, not two, but THREE episodes of Stargate: Universe’s second season – a Day 1 Mix of Twin Destinies (Some fantastic visuals in this one), a Day 2 mix of Alliances (Both Ming-Na and Jamil are terrific), and Andy’s director’s cut of the season finale, Gauntlet (Those last two acts! Wow!). One more mix and one more day should do it for 2010…
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/november-29-2010-my-snow-monkeys-in-trouble-production-update-news-of-note/

Jumper_One
January 18th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Josh writes: “Would earth be in any great danger from a Lucian alliance attack? I mean, they got some pretty nice tech now from Atlantis and from the Asgard, so it almost seems that if the Lucian alliance would decide to attack earth, it wouldn’t really be as big of a threat as everyone is acting like in SGU. Anyway, whats your take on this?”

Answer: Alliances. Season 2.http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/01/17/january-17-2011-the-iron-hunt-by-marjorie-m-liu/

antipodal
February 9th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Mar 21 10:00 PM Alliances on Syfy

Homer 120
February 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM
“Alliance”
An attack on Homeworld Command traps Greer and Wray

Lucian Alliance attack? :D

SGFerrit
February 19th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Joe posted 2 behind the scenes videos of this episode on his blog today.

They showed Greer and Wray during the attack on Homeworld Command.

antipodal
March 8th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Source: Titan TV (http://titantv.com/)

Synopsis: When an alien ship crashes into Homeworld Command, Greer and Wray find themselves in the middle of an alien attack; Senator Michaels [Kathleen Quinlan] and Dr. Covel board [French Stewart] Destiny in order to discover from Rush the viability of another Icarus base.

StAL
March 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
New promo photos for 2x13 Alliances:

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120489/13233/FullSize-sgu0213-0173xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120495/13234/FullSize-sgu0213-0160xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120500/13235/FullSize-sgu0213-0194xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120505/13236/FullSize-sgu0213-0232xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120511/13237/FullSize-sgu0213-0257xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120516/13238/FullSize-sgu0213-0272xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120521/13239/FullSize-sgu0213-0284xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120527/13240/FullSize-sgu0213-0294xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120532/13241/FullSize-sgu0213-0296xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120537/13242/FullSize-sgu0213-0322xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120543/13243/FullSize-sgu0213-0329xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120547/13244/FullSize-sgu0213-0339xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120553/13245/FullSize-sgu0213-0342xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120558/13246/FullSize-sgu0213-0343xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120563/13247/FullSize-sgu0213-0350xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120568/13248/FullSize-sgu0213-0356xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120574/13249/FullSize-sgu0213-0367xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120579/13250/FullSize-sgu0213-0405xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120584/13251/FullSize-sgu0213-0451xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120590/13252/FullSize-sgu0213-0465xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120595/13253/FullSize-sgu0213-0467xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120599/13254/FullSize-sgu0213-0475xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120606/13255/FullSize-sgu0213-0483xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120611/13256/FullSize-sgu0213-0497xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120616/13257/FullSize-sgu0213-0511xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120622/13258/FullSize-sgu0213-0513xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120627/13259/FullSize-sgu0213-0522xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120632/13260/FullSize-sgu0213-0537xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120637/13261/FullSize-sgu0213-0019xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120642/13262/FullSize-sgu0213-0022xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120647/13263/FullSize-sgu0213-0033xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120653/13264/FullSize-sgu0213-0062xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120659/13265/FullSize-sgu0213-0087xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120664/13266/FullSize-sgu0213-0102xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120669/13267/FullSize-sgu0213-0120xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120674/13268/FullSize-sgu0213-0132xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120679/13269/FullSize-sgu0213-0136xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120684/13270/FullSize-sgu0213-0146xe.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120690/13271/FullSize-sgu0213-0156xe.jpg

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131019/13282/FullSize-sgu0213-0010xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131023/13283/FullSize-sgu0213-0011xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131026/13284/FullSize-sgu0213-0001xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131030/13285/FullSize-sgu0213-0002xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131034/13286/FullSize-sgu0213-0003xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131037/13287/FullSize-sgu0213-0004xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131041/13288/FullSize-sgu0213-0005xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131045/13289/FullSize-sgu0213-0006xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131048/13290/FullSize-sgu0213-0007xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131052/13291/FullSize-sgu0213-0008xx.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131056/13292/FullSize-sgu0213-0009xx.jpg

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130643/13272/FullSize-sgu0213-0353xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130648/13273/FullSize-sgu0213-0355xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130652/13274/FullSize-sgu0213-0506xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130656/13275/FullSize-sgu0213-0041xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130660/13276/FullSize-sgu0213-0141xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130664/13277/FullSize-sgu0213-0170xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130669/13278/FullSize-sgu0213-0204xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130673/13279/FullSize-sgu0213-0247xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130677/13280/FullSize-sgu0213-0287xb.jpg
http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130681/13281/FullSize-sgu0213-0323xb.jpg

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300120647/13263/preview-FullSize-sgu0213-0033xe.jpg

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300131052/13291/preview-FullSize-sgu0213-0008xx.jpg

http://stargate.mgm.com/assets/Still/1300130656/13275/preview-FullSize-sgu0213-0041xb.jpg

Please do not hotlink

ooryl2
March 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Neat to see French Stewart back in the Stargate world

Fawaz Azim
March 14th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Too bad RDA isnt in this episode. I could totally picture O'Neill being involved in this one! Dumb ass writers

KEK
March 14th, 2011, 10:21 PM
'2x13 - Alliances' Sneak Peek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-B5mbvpCzI

antipodal
March 14th, 2011, 10:53 PM
'2x13 - Alliances' Sneak Peek:

Thank you for posting the video on you tube! :)

antipodal
March 14th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Source: Syfy SGU Site (http://www.syfy.com/universe/)
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i349/antipodalarapaima/SGU/alliances.jpg

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
March 15th, 2011, 01:21 AM
man French stewart got old!

MattSilver 3k
March 15th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Too bad RDA isnt in this episode. I could totally picture O'Neill being involved in this one! Dumb ass writers

Don't be a dick. Maybe RDA just wasn't available, or they couldn't afford him or anything other than that. "Dumb ass writers". How dare they!

antipodal
March 15th, 2011, 02:15 AM
man French stewart got old!

Entropy sucks!

KEK
March 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Alliances Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARlCf9rNJ28

Ashrand
March 15th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Looks interesting im currently looking foward to seeing the episode myself.

antipodal
March 15th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Alliances Promo:

Thank you so much! :)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
March 15th, 2011, 11:47 PM
This should be one of the few SGU Episodes I'm looking forward to seeing this season. The other one being seizure.

knowles2
March 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Anyone else thinks it a bit strange that as soon as David Telford gets back the alliance decides to launch its attack.

May be it coincident maybe but he was pretty insistence that they all abandon the destiny as well.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
March 16th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Anyone else thinks it a bit strange that as soon as David Telford gets back the alliance decides to launch its attack.

May be it coincident maybe but he was pretty insistence that they all abandon the destiny as well.

he's basically our david telford but have memories of 12 hours that never happened. he was free of the brainwashing in "Incursion, Part 1"

greenguywithlasereye
March 16th, 2011, 10:24 AM
it sure seems hes no longer brainwashed, BUT even though col. young nearly killed telford to bring him back, the dramatic prospect that hes still a spy - could be something [however unlikely it may be].

he was also in those ursini pods for over a month, perhaps they have an agenda as well for him. [incidentally i think they escaped from a seed ship gate to some planet somewhere].

next thing we know hell sit in the chair in someone elses body ... [j/k] "what can I say, Im a glutton for punishment"

what probably will happen is more info while he was still previously brainwashed, involved what is going to happen in the episode, perhaps there is other technology that can help him remember, like we saw w/cl. mitchell. it can now be used for him, now that hes on earth.

knowles2
March 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
he's basically our david telford but have memories of 12 hours that never happened. he was free of the brainwashing in "Incursion, Part 1"
or was he

caribsci
March 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
i wonder if varro is gonna stone to earth to try help stop the attack on earth.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
March 20th, 2011, 03:15 PM
i wonder if varro is gonna stone to earth to try help stop the attack on earth.

That's the newest thing is stone-ing. Everyone can't get enough of it.

caribsci
March 20th, 2011, 08:10 PM
lol.i know ryt.feeling a lil bored on destiny?,,why not just stone to earth and go clubbing or go to a rock concert.might b in someone else's body but it sure beats doing something useful like say........explore the rest of the ******** ship.lol

xxxevilgrinxxx
March 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM
it sure seems hes no longer brainwashed, BUT even though col. young nearly killed telford to bring him back, the dramatic prospect that hes still a spy - could be something [however unlikely it may be].I think it's entirely possible that he's still a spy and that the brainwashing was just an added failsafe. Never going to trust Telford :)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
March 21st, 2011, 07:54 AM
I think it's entirely possible that he's still a spy and that the brainwashing was just an added failsafe. Never going to trust Telford :)

so instead of being all Buddy Buddy wouldn't Telford have some sort of grudge against Young? I mean they had some hostility going in the earlier episodes of Universe Season 1?

greenguywithlasereye
March 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
most likely, telford is just sick of the mission by now, considering what hes been through and everett stepped up, the ship likes cl. young better and 'kicked' telford off in its 'own way'. after all he is still a bit of a pain. but if he hadnt met the ursini hed be sol. im guessing hes not a spy but im not too trusting of him either. the simulation in trial and error was never completed...

if telfords a spy, i wonder mainly due to the request of telford on earth having wanted to connect 'with himself.' also, he was so quick to get everyone home in earth, just as now. possibly - because he wants the ship for LA use. possibly. he may know about the LA marrooned planet. Any other LA ppl left on the ship other than Varro? I dont remember. and how much about the mission was he [telford] briefed on since he was thought 'unbrainwashed'? likely a good deal.

It could also have something to do with [wanting to use the stones to connect with himself] warning the crew on destiny'2', or even something about Rush, a secret or what have you.

lots of possibilities. cant wait for tonite watch it LIVE

FoX-1028
March 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
Alliances MGM Promo "Theres been an attack"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7w2vhj-xfM

Airlock
March 21st, 2011, 03:57 PM
finally, an earth-based episode i'm looking forward to!

dacooker
March 21st, 2011, 04:46 PM
Bad Wolf