PDA

View Full Version : Didn't they come across a wrecked Colonial Raptor?

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Wasn't it the same location they used in BSG, when Gaius and the rest of 'em crashed on Kobol?

haloplayer
April 17th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Wasn't it the same location they used in BSG, when Gaius and the rest of 'em crashed on Kobol?

It would have made a nice twist if there was an Alien Ship orbiting the planet which shot down their shuttle.

*sighs*

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 17th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Yes, that looks like the same location they used in "Kobol's Last Gleaming". It's lovely isn't it?

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 03:33 AM
Yeah. It was beautiful. That wide shot of Scott by the edge of the lake, with Chloe doing her skinny dipping was really awesomel.

MattSilver 3k
April 17th, 2010, 03:44 AM
I knew the area looked familiar. Looks great overall, though the lack of Cylon danger was evident! The religious nutjobs were in full force though!

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 03:47 AM
The religious nutjobs were in full force though!Agreed. And the Ancient Cylons/Replicators were in the crate. Just you wait.

MattSilver 3k
April 17th, 2010, 03:50 AM
Agreed. And the Ancient Cylons/Replicators were in the crate. Just you wait.

Nah man, we covered that in another thread: It's Marvin's cousin.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Nah man, we covered that in another thread: It's Marvin's cousin.Alberto? The overly-enthusiastic, singing, dancing, gay robot?

Billz
April 17th, 2010, 03:54 AM
I love how Vancouver can look like any number of alien worlds. :D

MattSilver 3k
April 17th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Alberto? The overly-enthusiastic, singing, dancing, gay robot?

Well this is SGU, so I expect a robot that sings Alexi Murdoch songs when everyone looks depressed.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 03:58 AM
I love how Vancouver can look like any number of alien worlds. :DIt's because Canadians come from Weluptiylon VII. They terraformed it according to their own needs.

Well this is SGU, so I expect a robot that sings Alexi Murdoch songs when everyone looks depressed.No, no. He's the exact opposite. His introduction is what is needed to brighten up the lives of those on-board. His stirring rendition of "Tomorrow" will lift everyone's spirits.

MattSilver 3k
April 17th, 2010, 04:02 AM
No, no. He's the exact opposite. His introduction is what is needed to brighten up the lives of those on-board. His stirring rendition of "Tomorrow" will lift everyone's spirits.

Yeah, good point. Seems we already have a robot that does what I described earlier. He's been around since Air 3, at least!

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Yeah, good point. Seems we already have a robot that does what I described earlier. He's been around since Air 3, at least!
No, no. Not a robot. It's a Phantom. Of the Op...Destiny!

Pharaoh Atem
April 17th, 2010, 06:26 AM

yes it was but that was 150.000 years ago

BurningIce
April 17th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Hmm I kept thinking SG1, specifically "Keb" (sic?) where they first meet Oma Desala or the episode where O'Neill and Maybourne get trapped on a wilderness planet together.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 06:43 AM
yes it was but that was 150.000 years agoBut they're built to last. I'm sure they could've found a piece of it if they looked hard enough.

jelgate
April 17th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I thought we answered this already. Everything comes from Battlestar Galatica

Starsaber
April 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I thought we answered this already. Everything comes from Battlestar Galatica

Don't you know anything? The next TV show/movie in the BSG universe is Terminator, not Stargate :p

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Don't you know anything? No, he doesn't. But that's only because space slugs turned his brain into jell-o.

haloplayer
April 17th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Don't you know anything? The next TV show/movie in the BSG universe is Terminator, not Stargate :p

Your so right.

If they ever made a T5 im expecting a character to say "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again".

Dark lord me
April 17th, 2010, 05:22 PM
WHen I read this I though it was because the shuttles opperate similar to the raptors and the other colonial vessles by like how they stabalize (sp) and stuff

reddevil18
April 18th, 2010, 02:25 AM
WHen I read this I though it was because the shuttles opperate similar to the raptors and the other colonial vessles by like how they stabalize (sp) and stuffSilly you, then.

ngewakl
April 20th, 2010, 12:50 AM
the episode where O'Neill and Maybourne get trapped on a wilderness planet together.
Built by the furlings! Finally evidence that they are still around!

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 20th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Okay, can someone please elaborate on the "Furlings". All I know is that they were part of the big alliance of advanced races in the early Milky Way. Do we know anything else about them?

hedwig
April 20th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Yes, that looks like the same location they used in "Kobol's Last Gleaming". It's lovely isn't it?

Yeah. It was beautiful. That wide shot of Scott by the edge of the lake, with Chloe doing her skinny dipping was really awesomel.

I knew the area looked familiar. Looks great overall, though the lack of Cylon danger was evident! The religious nutjobs were in full force though!

As I was watching the various scenes in this episode, I'm sure one of those shots was of the river/lake that Jack O'Neill and Harry Maybourne were stranded on in "Paradise Lost". :)

reddevil18
April 20th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Okay, can someone please elaborate on the "Furlings". All I know is that they were part of the big alliance of advanced races in the early Milky Way. Do we know anything else about them?Not a damn thing.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 20th, 2010, 03:30 PM
reddevil,

Hence the desire for more information.

I see.

Confessor Rahl
April 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM
We'll never get it. And Gate fans will continue to obsess over it

reddevil18
April 20th, 2010, 03:51 PM
The very mention of Furlings makes me punch a Guinea Pig.
http://dba-oracle.com/golf_travel/images/eating_guinea_pigs1.jpg
See? I just did it.

They started off as a random race, in order to have a nice round 4, then they became an in-joke and now the fandom's obsessed. I hope TPTB NEVER introduce them.

Gollumpus
April 20th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Okay, can someone please elaborate on the "Furlings". All I know is that they were part of the big alliance of advanced races in the early Milky Way. Do we know anything else about them?

"Stargate: The Furling Universe"

regards,
G.