Wray's behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wray's behavior

I'm puzzled and intruiged by Wray's behavior this episode. In the beginning, her asking TJ if she thinks that Rush can be trusted. Considering "Divided" and the fact that TJ has already made her opinion on Rush known, I can't imagine why Wray did this. I don't think she asked the question out of honest curiosity.

I also was intruiged by the seeming start of a friendship between Eli and Wray. I wouldn't have thought them a likely pair, but then, neither are Chloe and Rush. Does anyone else suspect that Wray is getting close to Eli because she learned last episode just how central he is to the entire situation aboard Destiny?

Is she scheming for her next power grab?

What did TJ reply?

Comment

TJ: *glare* You tell me.

Comment

I'd say that Wray was probably pretty stumped to learn that Rush didn't really care that much about her revolt and was using it as a cover to prevent the aliens getting on board.

Comment

Yes, I agree with that. It's just that she was asking TJ that makes me raise my eyebrows. She's putting it out there to the 'other side' that she herself doesn't trust Rush. She's distancing herself from him. I might too, in light of Rush's actions, but I have to wonder how many people she has said that to over the month of time that "Faith" covers.

Comment

When during the month that Faith covers does she ask?

Comment

Could be a number of things going on. It could be:

1.) Wray is trying to mend fences and attempting to re-establish the rapport she had with various folks prior to the insurgence. Why? Merely because she is carrying along with the current party line of trying to find a way to live together. Small talk is one way to make a connection.

2.) Wray is trying to make new allies for use in future power plays. I don't believe there's a good likelihood she will try to move another insurgence forward but she could apply pressure on Young at some future point by having voices like Eli's on her side.

3.) Wray is a nice person and she wants to get to know the folks around her just because. Hey, it could happen!

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                When during the month that Faith covers does she ask?
                THe day after "Divide."

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                  THe day after "Divide."
                  Yep, that tells me she's pissed at being used.

Comment

I honestly feel like Wray was genuinely a bit oblivious in that scene talking to TJ.

To me, she seemed to being asking honestly if they could trust Rush because she really wasn't sure, and for whatever reason, she didn't even realize that she was talking to someone that they were holding in a room during the mutiny. It's as if Wray forgot for a moment that there might still be tension between them.

I think Wray enjoys the idea of being in control, but she also fears the idea of having to make the big decisions when she finally is. I don't think she's quite as eager to seize command as some people make her out to be. She's still a person, confused and motivated in part by her fear of what may happen next.

Comment

She got her first dose of Rush using her for for his own means in Divided
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                        Could be a number of things going on. It could be:

1.) Wray is trying to mend fences and attempting to re-establish the rapport she had with various folks prior to the insurgence. Why? Merely because she is carrying along with the current party line of trying to find a way to live together. Small talk is one way to make a connection.

2.) Wray is trying to make new allies for use in future power plays. I don't believe there's a good likelihood she will try to move another insurgence forward but she could apply pressure on Young at some future point by having voices like Eli's on her side.

3.) Wray is a nice person and she wants to get to know the folks around her just because. Hey, it could happen!

regards,
                        G.
                        I agree with everything you have said and would add: The reason Rush initiated the coup when he did was because of the implant in his chest which he neglected to inform Wray about. Wray realized she was played and she is now much more aware through first hand experience that Rush always has his own agenda and is not to be trusted.
                        Last edited by Blackhole; 17 April 2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
                          I'm puzzled and intruiged by Wray's behavior this episode. In the beginning, her asking TJ if she thinks that Rush can be trusted. Considering "Divided" and the fact that TJ has already made her opinion on Rush known, I can't imagine why Wray did this. I don't think she asked the question out of honest curiosity.

I also was intruiged by the seeming start of a friendship between Eli and Wray. I wouldn't have thought them a likely pair, but then, neither are Chloe and Rush. Does anyone else suspect that Wray is getting close to Eli because she learned last episode just how central he is to the entire situation aboard Destiny?

Is she scheming for her next power grab?
                          I agree with everything you have said.

Wray realized she was played by Rush and she is now much more aware through first hand experience that Rush always has his own agenda and is not to be trusted.

Eli is a central character of the military contingent and as such is important to have a friendship with. He is also a nice guy and interesting to talk to.

I agree that Wray is probably scheming for power but I was impressed by her in the whole coup attempt. To protect Young and Scott’s lives she immediately ordered Rush to terminate the computer transfer. Even though it weakened her position considerably, she was willing to do what was right. I realize awareness of the political consequences was a partially motivating factor; still my estimation of her character and potential leadership ability has increased.
                          Last edited by Blackhole; 17 April 2010, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Wray is self-serving. End of transmission.

Comment

I think Wray probably woke up and figured out Rush has his own agenda and has been using them all from the start. Would've been better if she found the video of him framing Young, or if Eli would've mentioned it.

Comment

Working...
                              X