PDA

View Full Version : Shuttles and Ships

DigiFluid
April 16th, 2010, 09:59 PM
So....a couple of episodes ago we picked up an alien pod. Do we suppose it's still attached to the hull, just with the transmitter disabled?

And are we down to one shuttle now? From the dialogue in this week's episode, it seemed rather unlikely that the damaged shuttle would be able to break atmosphere again. I assume then that they left it on the planet.

Just keeping track of Destiny's toys :D

MattSilver 3k
April 16th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Well I hope the Destinites have a better track record than Atlantis when it comes to alien ships. Though I doubt it...

Daro
April 16th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I think the alien pod was destroyed. Rush wouldn't have advocated taking time to search it over for transmitters, most likely, considering that he was worried about time constraints.

escyos
April 16th, 2010, 10:06 PM
So....a couple of episodes ago we picked up an alien pod. Do we suppose it's still attached to the hull, just with the transmitter disabled?

And are we down to one shuttle now? From the dialogue in this week's episode, it seemed rather unlikely that the damaged shuttle would be able to break atmosphere again. I assume then that they left it on the planet.

ummm that pod was destroyed/removed.

and they only have one working shuttle

DigiFluid
April 16th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Was it? I remember them saying they disabled the transmitter, I don't recall them saying it was destroyed.

GoodSmeagol
April 16th, 2010, 10:43 PM

Did everyone return in the shuttle? Or did a few stay behind with it?

DigiFluid
April 16th, 2010, 10:44 PM
I was wondering about that too, actually.

GoodSmeagol
April 16th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I was wondering about that too, actually.

Started a new thread

Astria
April 16th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Was it? I remember them saying they disabled the transmitter, I don't recall them saying it was destroyed.

They blew it up last episode if I'm not mistaken. I think the shuttle shot it off the hull. That was why they were trying to reattach to the ship during Divided.

DigiFluid
April 16th, 2010, 11:37 PM
They blew it up last episode if I'm not mistaken. I think the shuttle shot it off the hull. That was why they were trying to reattach to the ship during Divided.
That was the second pod though. They said there were two.

Astria
April 16th, 2010, 11:59 PM
That was the second pod though. They said there were two.

There were two, the one that Rush brought back over, which was destroyed off screen between Space and Divided (what I understood from Rush and Young's conversation at the beginning of Divided.) The second one was the one destroyed during Divided, it had been attached to the outside of the hull by the Aliens.

DigiFluid
April 17th, 2010, 12:01 AM
That's the thing. From how I understood it, they simply disabled the transmitter in the Rush/Chloe pod.

Astria
April 17th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Young said 'We took care of the ship you brought over.' I took that to mean that they destroyed it, and during Faith they made it seem like all they had were the two shuttle that came with the ship.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Of course they destroyed that alien pod. Young and Greer got into the ship from the outside through the hole, where it was attached before they dispatched it, remember?

J-Whitt Remastered
April 17th, 2010, 05:18 AM
Of course they destroyed that alien pod. Young and Greer got into the ship from the outside through the hole, where it was attached before they dispatched it, remember?

I was assuming that that was the hole they drilled when they took Chloe.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 05:20 AM
I was assuming that that was the hole they drilled when they took Chloe.
But where did they go out? Two holes, two entry points...Damn, that sounds dirty.

J-Whitt Remastered
April 17th, 2010, 06:02 AM
But where did they go out? Two holes, two entry points...Damn, that sounds dirty.

Yes, it does. :lol: There are plenty of other places where they could have exited. That huge theater or whatever from Air.

Mike.
April 17th, 2010, 06:09 AM
So the second shuttle was left behind on the planet ? Darn.

He should have used the fighter Rush brought.
1. I don't think it was destroyed, it was never mentioned
2. The one with the beacon - that was blown up - was on the underside of Destiny - Also they spent quite a bit of time looking for it so it was obviously not the one Rush brought.
3. The hole Young used in Divided was the one through which Chloe was taken, Rush's ship "parked" in another place and made another hole.

Did I get this right ?

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Yes, it does. :lol: There are plenty of other places where they could have exited. That huge theater or whatever from Air.Could they even have entered that room? It was sealed by a command from the console. Wouldn't Rush have taken control of that? Either way, the alien shuttle was destroyed in-between Space and Divided.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 06:11 AM
1. I don't think it was destroyed, it was never mentioned Yeah, it was.

Mike.
April 17th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Yeah, it was.

When ? Quote ?

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 07:00 AM
"We took care of it" or "We handled it" or something like that.

Mike.
April 17th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Thanks, found it in Divided.

YOUNG: Well, I figure they tracked a signal from the stone.
RUSH: We don't even know how that signal works.
YOUNG: Maybe they're smarter than us.
RUSH: Well, they're advanced, sure, but not as advanced as the Ancients. I suspect it's something much simpler.
YOUNG: Like what?
RUSH: A sub-space tracking device.
YOUNG: We took care of the ship you brought over.
RUSH: Yeah, but there may be another one attached to the outside of the hull.
YOUNG: Wait a minute - where is this coming from?
RUSH: I was in direct neural contact with one of the aliens for quite some time. Ever since, I've been having ... flashes, images.

The question is: how did they take care of it ? Young by himself would blow it up. But he could have also sent Eli and the scientists to make sure there were no active beacons inside. Rush himself could have helped.

Note the WE - we the crew, we - Young and Rush currently discussing, we - Young with the help of the scientists. This dialog is really ambiguous, perfect as a backdoor for the writers if they ever want to use it again.

garhkal
April 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM
So the second shuttle was left behind on the planet ? Darn.

He should have used the fighter Rush brought.
1. I don't think it was destroyed, it was never mentioned
2. The one with the beacon - that was blown up - was on the underside of Destiny - Also they spent quite a bit of time looking for it so it was obviously not the one Rush brought.
3. The hole Young used in Divided was the one through which Chloe was taken, Rush's ship "parked" in another place and made another hole.

Did I get this right ?

Who's to say that alien ship would have been able to carry all the stuff/people?

Mike.
April 17th, 2010, 10:45 AM
They could have still used it for a few round trips with one pilot + a few supplies in addition to the working one; and leave it for power and shelter - it seemed big enough for the 6 or so people that stayed behind.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 10:52 AM
They could have still used it for a few round trips with one pilot + a few supplies in addition to the working one; and leave it for power and shelter - it seemed big enough for the 6 or so people that stayed behind.Which is proof that the pod was destroyed. The simple fact is that, if you have an alien pod, you use THAT, not the shuttle, which has proven itself superior in combat. The shuttle was okay to fly in space, it was just the planetary entry that screwed it up.

The fact that they didn't use the pod to at least ferry more supplies is evidence enough that by "we took care of it", he meant they took care of it just like they did of the other one.

dacooker
April 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM
The Smurfpod was destroyed, they found another one on the hull and destroyed it as well.

As for the Shuttles, they are down to one. However it should be known, after watching a video of Destiny on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9L978OMH34

There seems to be areas on the ship where you could dock additional shuttles. These docks looked empty. I was able to see one extra.

4:18 shows the extra dock, where the shuttle would dock facing the back of the ship. You can clearly see the docking clamps.
4:42 shows the shuttle on the left side facing forwards, and the spare dock behind it empty.

kirmit
April 17th, 2010, 11:34 AM
They're going to have to update all destiny shots in future episodes now to show only one shuttle.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 11:39 AM
The Smurfpod was destroyed, they found another one on the hull and destroyed it as well.

As for the Shuttles, they are down to one. However it should be known, after watching a video of Destiny on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9L978OMH34

There seems to be areas on the ship where you could dock additional shuttles. These docks looked empty. I was able to see one extra.

4:18 shows the extra dock, where the shuttle would dock facing the back of the ship. You can clearly see the docking clamps.
4:42 shows the shuttle on the left side facing forwards, and the spare dock behind it empty.Yes, dear. Thanks for observing what was obvious from Air Part 3.

dacooker
April 17th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Yes, dear. Thanks for observing what was obvious from Air Part 3.

Just saying, since it's a Shuttle thread.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah. Just sayin'...Good eyes.

Ed
April 23rd, 2010, 12:17 PM
i really would like to see a mixture of stuff as the series goes on like how in far-scape by the end of season two they had four different ships from four factions all deployed

(leviathan shuttle pod, earth built module, luxen gunship and a peacekeeper prowler)

it was pretty cool to have that variety