PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Quotes/Moments from 'Faith'

MattSilver 3k
April 16th, 2010, 09:54 PM
New episodes, new quotes and moments to share. Positivity all around kids, so let's not turn this into something it's not (A twenty page argument about Rush's beard or something).

So, let's get started:
- Greer's Kiwi moment :lol:

- Young Vs Brody/Park:
Brody: "We can only go left, and not right, up or down."
Young (to Park): "I thought you said everything was great?"
Park: "Well, it is. We can go left!"
and the repeat later on. Good stuff.

And, on a less funny but really sweet edge, the TJ/Scott scene in the shuttle, culminating in the little hug. D'awww...

Pharaoh Atem
April 16th, 2010, 09:56 PM
greer kiwi

greer digging

greer is awesome

DigiFluid
April 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM
greer kiwi

greer digging

greer is awesome
^^ 100%

I also really liked Young's "I like chess" moment.

s09119
April 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM
greer kiwi

greer digging

greer is awesome

"See? We are co-op-er-ating!"

God, he is just made of awesome...

Daro
April 16th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Young: You look like you're ready to drop dead.

Rush: That would be a bad thing?

Young: Yes, Rush. That would be a 'bad thing.'

And the whole response Rush had at the end of the speech about getting along: "Woooowww..."

Also, Greer's every scene in this episode is full of win. I may not always like the man, but he's got style.

Gollumpus
April 16th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Brody - "We?"

regards,
G.

Commander Zelix
April 16th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Greer was really good in this episode.

Pharaoh Atem
April 16th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Greer was really good in this episode.

small scenes but added so much :D

EllieVee
April 16th, 2010, 10:10 PM
- Young Vs Brody/Park:
Brody: "We can only go left, and not right, up or down."
Young (to Park): "I thought you said everything was great?"
Park: "Well, it is. We can go left!"
and the repeat later on. Good stuff.

That's hilarious and I don't even know the context.

Young: You look like you're ready to drop dead.

Rush: That would be a bad thing?

Young: Yes, Rush. That would be a 'bad thing.'

Yeah, but he had his fingers crossed. ;)

And the whole response Rush had at the end of the speech about getting along: "Woooowww..."

As I said to a friend, am seriously considering a move to the east coast US just so I don't have to wait a week ...

Daro
April 16th, 2010, 10:24 PM
You haven't seen it yet? I'm declaring Austrailia a third world country as of now.

Pharaoh Atem
April 16th, 2010, 10:25 PM
You haven't seen it yet? I'm declaring Austrailia a third world country as of now.

:mad: i love Australia

EllieVee
April 16th, 2010, 10:25 PM

I know, I know. At least with SGU we get it the following week. SGA is just having its first airing now on television, how long after the US finished? So behind.

:mad: i love Australia

Just don't move here if you want to see any genre television cos you won't. For years.

Daro
April 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Can't you download from somewhere? iTunes?

EllieVee
April 16th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Can't you download from somewhere? iTunes?

Nope. We're Hulu, iTunes, and Netflix deprived.

MattSilver 3k
April 16th, 2010, 10:42 PM

Indeed we are, but we shan't be going into the other methods here, lest the thread disappears into thin air.

EllieVee
April 16th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Indeed we are, but we shan't be going into the other methods here, lest the thread disappears into thin air.

No, cos I want to know what everyone else said. Bring on the quotes. :)

Daro
April 16th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Another excellant scene was Eli sharing his fruit with Wray, on the condition that she not tell on him for hoarding it. Actually, their scenes together were interesting period. First real interaction between the two.

MattSilver 3k
April 16th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Another excellant scene was Eli sharing his fruit with Wray, on the condition that she not tell on him for hoarding it. Actually, their scenes together were interesting period. First real interaction between the two.

That was an interesting moment. Two crazy kids that we'd never see in a scene together having a nice little moment or two - it's like TJ and Rush back in Darkness, but without all the shipping fanfiction that followed (so far).

reddevil18
April 16th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Destiny in front of the sun, which was the promo pic for Faith on the official site.
And maybe Rush and Young over the chess pieces.

g.o.d
April 16th, 2010, 11:50 PM

don't use those. How do you think I watch SGU? :)

EllieVee
April 17th, 2010, 12:16 AM

We don't want the thread to go poof so ...

BurningIce
April 17th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Greer:
"You're gonna dig OK?"
"You're both gonna dig and your gonna luuurve every moment of it, or you-will-keep-digging until-you-do."
*Cue Greer's evil happy face* "Spirit of cooperation. We're all friends now! eheheheheh"

You use reverse engineered Ancient communication stones don't you? :)

MattSilver 3k
April 17th, 2010, 04:39 AM
The continuation of the Young Vs Brody/Park, one month later.
Young (expectantly, about the shuttle's condition being good): "Yes?"
Park (cheerily): "Yes!"
Brody: "No."
Young: "Again, with this."

Scott to Chloe: "Do you not remember what the last aliens we met did to you?"
Good on him. Loved the firm, shouty voice.

ZGoten
April 17th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Caine: "This planet was created for us, and we were led here for a reason."
nameless(?) scientist: "Oh for god's sake!"

Those were exactly my thoughts.^^

Commander Zelix
April 17th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Caine: "This planet was created for us, and we were led here for a reason."
nameless(?) scientist: "Oh for god's sake!"

Which does have a tint of irony coming from the mouth of an "atheist" in a discussion about a divine plan.

carmencatalina
April 17th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Which does have a tint of irony coming from the mouth of an "atheist" in a discussion about a divine plan.

We atheists use "for god's sake", "oh my god!" and the every popular "god****it!" all the time - part of the culture you're immersed in. I also have been known to use more Catholic-specific expressions as well (residue from upbringing) - doesn't mean anything.

timebandit
April 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
"We're all friends now!"

"...finally someone you can have a decent conversation with."

garhkal
April 17th, 2010, 10:51 AM

It makes me wonder if them too are not going to hit it off in the future..

For me, my fave was right at the end.
Young to rush "I am sorry you never got your wish
Rush to young "What was that"
Young "To finally have a conversation with someone who can keep up.

(CRAP no transcripts yet, so cannot copy the correct wording)..:(

OutandAboot
April 17th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Eli: Haha, The Genesis Device
*No reaction from the others*
Eli again: Ahh, the end of Wrath of Khan!
Scott: :rolleyes:

Egle01
April 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
The Brody/Park bits. Damn hilarious! :lol:

Lord Hurin
April 17th, 2010, 05:42 PM

I missed about 2 minutes of the episode. Was it ever confirmed that the ginge was an atheist? Believing in God is one thing. Believing he has nothing better to do than vaguely pseudo-helping 80-odd lost people is something else entirely. ;)

EllieVee
April 17th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I like the humour in SGU. It's so deadpan that those looking for the obvious knee slapping O'Neill stuff will completely miss it.

Clearly, the continuing joke, from what I've read thus far, is no one getting Eli's pop culture references.

carmencatalina
April 17th, 2010, 06:47 PM
The Brody/Park bits. Damn hilarious!

Park continues to be one of the best secondary characters EVER. My love for her grows with every episode. "We can turn left!"

(It goes without saying that Brody rocks, as well.)

Womble
April 20th, 2010, 11:38 AM
It makes me wonder if them too are not going to hit it off in the future..

For me, my fave was right at the end.
Young to rush "I am sorry you never got your wish
Rush to young "What was that"
Young "To finally have a conversation with someone who can keep up.

(CRAP no transcripts yet, so cannot copy the correct wording)..:(

Something along the lines of:

Young: I'm sorry you never got your wish.
Rush: Which was?
Young: Alien race advanced enough to create a solar system. Finally someone you could have a decent conversation with.

What I liked the most about this episode? Nature shots. SGU's base set is very dark, man-made and technological, so generous nature shots like in this episode create a sense of great relief. The most stunning moment was the beginning of the conversation between TJ and Scott, when the camera is focused not on them but on their reflections in the pond. It radiated such tranquility...

thekillman
April 20th, 2010, 11:57 AM
i love the eli "sci fi references" running joke. i mean, on SG1 and SGA you had dozens of southpark and wizard of oz references, and we have references now and nobody gets them! continuity nod AND running gag.

as funny as mckay's "chevron one encoded"

rimorob
April 20th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Greer with the kiwi and getting people to cooperate. hilarious!

Eli's exasperation over no one getting his Wrath of Khan reference.

Rush and Young's conversation at the end. I didn't think we'd get a scene like this between them this soon. It was almost friendly, and surprisingly humorous.

TJ crying at the end. I am more and more impressed with this actress as the series goes on.

SG7
April 20th, 2010, 01:13 PM

Darn those bearocratic laws! Has something to do with copyrights for each country I think. That and I don't believe that those like Itunes would be allowed to make it available for download in a country until the channel in the country has aired it. So even if they did get any of those options available, I doubt that they would be able to get the episode any earlier anyway.

We don't get hulu here in Canada either. And would have to check about Itunes though. Luckily Space Channel runs the episodes here in Canada at the same time as ScyFy. They also run them starting a day or two later (can't remember exactly) on their website for those of us who are deprived of their channel (I don't have cable).

And for those of us Canadians who are interested, I did talk to one of the guys that works for Space Channel (was at ComicCon in Toronto a few weeks ago), and he did confirm that watching the episode on their website did count towards ratings. (I would then assume that the same would be true for ScyFy Channel's site viewings also.) He just said that it is calculated differently than that of the TV viewings.

jelgate
April 20th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Darn those bearocratic laws! Has something to do with copyrights for each country I think. That and I don't believe that those like Itunes would be allowed to make it available for download in a country until the channel in the country has aired it. So even if they did get any of those options available, I doubt that they would be able to get the episode any earlier anyway.

We don't get hulu here in Canada either. And would have to check about Itunes though. Luckily Space Channel runs the episodes here in Canada at the same time as ScyFy. They also run them starting a day or two later (can't remember exactly) on their website for those of us who are deprived of their channel (I don't have cable).

And for those of us Canadians who are interested, I did talk to one of the guys that works for Space Channel (was at ComicCon in Toronto a few weeks ago), and he did confirm that watching the episode on their website did count towards ratings. (I would then assume that the same would be true for ScyFy Channel's site viewings also.) He just said that it is calculated differently than that of the TV viewings.

More then anything its because the Candian (or Australian) station wants money and ratings too. So if Hulu was available to everyone in the world it would severally deplete the ratings (and ultimately profit) for the station in your country.

SG7
April 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
TJ crying at the end. I am more and more impressed with this actress as the series goes on.

Agreed. Until this episode, I liked her and her character, however she never jumped off the page for me. This episode has completely changed that for me. I have truely begun to really, really love her. And I am already excitedly waiting for the next episode so I can see how her pregnancy plays out and how she works through it. She has definately been the reason why I loved the episode as much as I did.

I definately would not want to be in her position right now.

Loved the Eli pop culture references "Wrath of Khan" and Greers whole "you're gonna dig" speech. That was priceless!

garhkal
April 20th, 2010, 03:39 PM
More then anything its because the Candian (or Australian) station wants money and ratings too. So if Hulu was available to everyone in the world it would severally deplete the ratings (and ultimately profit) for the station in your country.

True dat...

PG15
April 20th, 2010, 05:54 PM
"This star is not supposed to be here."

EllieVee
April 20th, 2010, 06:13 PM

Then perhaps the Australian network should actually show it instead of pulling it after three episodes. And perhaps they could play it at the hour they advertised instead of an hour earlier. A lot of people tuned in and had missed the first hour. You don't get money and ratings by having it sitting on a shelf.

jelgate
April 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Then perhaps the Australian network should actually show it instead of pulling it after three episodes. And perhaps they could play it at the hour they advertised instead of an hour earlier. A lot of people tuned in and had missed the first hour. You don't get money and ratings by having it sitting on a shelf.
Well its expanded way more then just Australia. They are geocoded for all the foreign nations who want to air SGU to get money

EllieVee
April 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Well its expanded way more then just Australia. They are geocoded for all the foreign nations who want to air SGU to get money

I am aware of that and once again, holding onto a failing business model is not doing their bottom line very much at all.

jelgate
April 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I am aware of that and once again, holding onto a failing business model is not doing their bottom line very much at all.

I never said it was the right just why they do it

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 21st, 2010, 04:49 AM
Matt,

The continuation of the Young Vs Brody/Park, one month later.
Young (expectantly, about the shuttle's condition being good): "Yes?"
Park (cheerily): "Yes!"
Brody: "No."
Young: "Again, with this."

Scott to Chloe: "Do you not remember what the last aliens we met did to you?"
Good on him. Loved the firm, shouty voice.

What's really funny about that was his whole, "They're gone you're fine" thing from Divided.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 21st, 2010, 04:52 AM
Elllie,

I like the humour in SGU. It's so deadpan that those looking for the obvious knee slapping O'Neill stuff will completely miss it.

Clearly, the continuing joke, from what I've read thus far, is no one getting Eli's pop culture references.

You know I don't think it's that no one "gets" Eli's references. It's that no one likes them. I think they find them annoying and Eli finds it incredibly irritating that they find them annoying. I think that's why he was getting friendly with Sgt. Reily the only other, suspected, uber-geek among the group.

gatefanjo-m
April 21st, 2010, 06:39 AM
I agree that this is a great TJ episode. What impressed me most about the character this episode is, although it would have been easy for the writers to have her flip out at some point (either by herself or at Young when he's forcing her back on to the Destiny), she didn't.
It takes me back to the Comic Con 09 when all three leading ladies described their characters as strong, intelligent women, and TJ is the character I really see that being true for. She could quite understandably voice her distress right now (and I guess may do in the future) but every scene in this episode where she keep it contained, just made me like her character all the more.

Also agree with the hilarity that is Park. Everytime she is on screen is a highlight. And although it's not highlighted specifically, it's great to she her go all 'scientist-Carter' on the shuttle. And also James going 'military-Carter' on the exploration of the ship. I think this was a strong episode for these woman, showing them working successfully and intently in their jobs, without relating it to any romantic interaction.

After Young talks about getting along.
Rush: "That must have taken quite the effort."
Young: "You have no idea."

Btw, what happened to Riley anyway?

SupremeLegate
April 21st, 2010, 07:25 AM

I think he died in "Water"

jelgate
April 21st, 2010, 07:27 AM

He is very much alive. He was mentioned in Space.

MattSilver 3k
April 21st, 2010, 07:45 AM

Blasphemy. Gorman died in Water. Spencer died in Life. Riley got injured in Earth, showed up in a Kinosode post-Time, and has been mentioned since.

No confusion, savvy?

rlr149
April 21st, 2010, 02:28 PM
GALE: Yeah, and along the way you do the best with whatever crap you happen to step in.

SG7
April 21st, 2010, 02:51 PM

Exactly. The networks in other countries would get hosed if online services like Itunes and Hulu were available around the world where they could get access to the episodes as soon as they are available in the U.S, because that would mean people could watch them through those services and would deprive their local networks of ratings. Especially when other countries don't get the episodes till a week or more later. I used to watch ER when it was going through it's original airing and there were some who would say that in their country, they would be sometimes up to six months before getting the new episodes. All I could say was ouch!

SG7
April 21st, 2010, 03:17 PM
I agree that this is a great TJ episode. What impressed me most about the character this episode is, although it would have been easy for the writers to have her flip out at some point (either by herself or at Young when he's forcing her back on to the Destiny), she didn't.
It takes me back to the Comic Con 09 when all three leading ladies described their characters as strong, intelligent women, and TJ is the character I really see that being true for. She could quite understandably voice her distress right now (and I guess may do in the future) but every scene in this episode where she keep it contained, just made me like her character all the more.

Also agree with the hilarity that is Park. Everytime she is on screen is a highlight. And although it's not highlighted specifically, it's great to she her go all 'scientist-Carter' on the shuttle. And also James going 'military-Carter' on the exploration of the ship. I think this was a strong episode for these woman, showing them working successfully and intently in their jobs, without relating it to any romantic interaction.

After Young talks about getting along.
Rush: "That must have taken quite the effort."
Young: "You have no idea."

Agreed. When I began to figure out that her "sickness" was probably her being pregnant (don't follow spoilers or anything), I was half expecting some hokey pokey stuff about her going crazy and flipping out and all that stuff. But here we had Alaina doing one of the best acting jobs I have seen in a long time. The range of emotions that she portrayed. And what we really got to see was her struggle with who first to tell, and when. And none of the hokey drama that I was expecting which was nice. I give her a kudos for that episode.

garhkal
April 21st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Exactly. The networks in other countries would get hosed if online services like Itunes and Hulu were available around the world where they could get access to the episodes as soon as they are available in the U.S, because that would mean people could watch them through those services and would deprive their local networks of ratings. Especially when other countries don't get the episodes till a week or more later. I used to watch ER when it was going through it's original airing and there were some who would say that in their country, they would be sometimes up to six months before getting the new episodes. All I could say was ouch!

Which would then have a ripple effect back to MGM/SciFi as they would not be getting anywhere near as much royalties as they would due to those networks no longer carrying SGU (or what ever ep)...

jelgate
April 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
Which would then have a ripple effect back to MGM/SciFi as they would not be getting anywhere near as much royalties as they would due to those networks no longer carrying SGU (or what ever ep)...

Um no. It would have very little effect for MGM. Instead of getting money for foriegn station MGM would just get more money from places like iTunes and Hulu. It would probably be a little more for SyFy depending how many view through SyFy Rewind

nx01a
April 21st, 2010, 05:30 PM
GALE: Well, you miss your flight and the plane crashes; you weren't spared for a reason. God doesn't have a master plan for you. Things just happen.
ARMSTRONG: So we're born, we live, we die, it's all random?
GALE: Yeah, and along the way you do the best with whatever crap you happen to step in.And, of course...
RUSH: We're gonna lose more people through attrition aboard this ship. We simply cannot afford to shed that many people at one time.
WRAY: So what do you expect him to do? Bring them back at gunpoint?
RUSH: Well, if it comes that, yes! You allow Lieutenant Scott to return with those who want to come back to Destiny, then send down a military detail and round up the rest.
YOUNG: Oh, that's great, Rush, coming from you.
RUSH: Come on, it's simple.
YOUNG: First you wanna kick the military out, and now you want us rounding people up at gunpoint.

Kyarra
April 21st, 2010, 06:38 PM

sad day! :(

EllieVee
April 22nd, 2010, 03:12 AM

Season 5 SGA is only just showing now on Australian network television. SGU had three episodes aired before the network yanked it off. Frankly, I don't give a toss about their ratings.

Morganskywalker
April 22nd, 2010, 03:14 AM
- Greer's Kiwi moment :lol:
This. :p

Eluveitie
April 22nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
And Greers digging conversation :D

Also Rushs "Wooow"... :)

ladypredator
April 22nd, 2010, 04:19 PM
The Brodie & Park scenes were really funny. One pessimist, one optimist... loved the "we can turn left" line from Park.

I absolutely adore the scene with Rush carving chess pieces and the expressions on his face in response to Young.

Young: "I'm sorry you never got your wish."
Rush: (Eyes to the left, eyes to the right, frown of confusion) "What wish was that?"
Young: "Aliens advanced enough to create a solar system, finally someone you could have a decent conversation with."
Rush: (utter blank stare = unspoken thoughts = 'Was that supposed to be funny? What a moron!)
Young: "I like chess."
Rush: (continued blank stare until he realizes Young actually wants a response of some kind so he nods his head)
Young: (leaves)
Rush: (grins slightly to himself as he connects with the idea of kicking Young's behind at chess)

Every time I watch that scene, I have to laugh. Robert Carlyle is just so incredibly expressive without even speaking. The look on his face during that scene... utterly priceless.

It almost makes me sorry for Young because Young's just so incredibly clueless and utterly inept - what a terribly bad joke to try to make. He just has absolutely no comprehension of Rush at all. Nada, zip, zero.

I also rather liked Lt James' comment on the new artifact they found. "It looks like a robot."

And the early scene between Rush and Young was good too.
"You look like you're going to drop dead"..."that's a bad thing?"..."yes, Rush, that's a bad thing"... "the civilians didn't try to take over because they think I'm doing a bang up job, I get that"..."Good for you."

Love the way Rush says "Good for you" - it's so dripping with disdain. Three words and yet there's so much implicit in the way they're said.

On the opposite side of things... can someone please smack Eli upside the head and get him to stop making stupid movie references at completely the wrong times. One or two were funny in the early episodes, but now it's irritating.

Baash
April 23rd, 2010, 03:00 AM

I liked how Eli first tried to turn away when he saw Wray, I was thinking "Does Eli have something against her?". But then he took the kiwi out and I realised he was just trying to save the whole fruit for himself. :p

garhkal
April 23rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
And the early scene between Rush and Young was good too.
"You look like you're going to drop dead"..."that's a bad thing?"..."yes, Rush, that's a bad thing"... "the civilians didn't try to take over because they think I'm doing a bang up job, I get that"..."Good for you."

Love the way Rush says "Good for you" - it's so dripping with disdain. Three words and yet there's so much implicit in the way they're said.

It looked to me like he was actually serious when he complimented Young..

EllieVee
April 23rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
It looked to me like he was actually serious when he complimented Young..

Uh no, that was sarcasm.

SG7
April 24th, 2010, 05:14 AM
Um no. It would have very little effect for MGM. Instead of getting money for foriegn station MGM would just get more money from places like iTunes and Hulu. It would probably be a little more for SyFy depending how many view through SyFy Rewind

Yeh. Just like Space network runs the episodes on their site as well. And when I was at ComicCon in Toronto a month or so back , I asked them (they had a booth there) if viewing off of their site counted towards the ratings. And what they told me, was that they do, it is just not calculated in the same way as the Television viewings. So I'm guessing they have two separate ratings for the show. TV viewing and online viewing. Which I was relieved to find out that there are ratings for watching on their site as for a while I didn't have access to the channel (no cable). Now my dad has Satelite and he is taping them for me as of this episode (Faith).