PDA

View Full Version : My Issues with Chloe

Detox
April 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Having seeing Space, Divided and Faith, I have come to the conclusion that Chloe is just plain stupid.

I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, I really did, but now, I can't make any concessions for her. Just the character, and the way her lines were delivered, I think those blue aliens might've knocked one too many brain cells out of her head.

Alan Wake
April 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I say we bring on the pain sticks.

Daro
April 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Mind supporting that with a few reasons other than her lines?

Coronach
April 16th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Well...okay. I've been over this far too many times, and while I think the title of this thread is unnecessary I sort of get your point.

I don't agree, unfortunately. If anything, Chloe showed some pretty great stuff in "Divided" especially and I enjoyed her lines in "Faith". She's become more forceful, if you will, or at least more willing to state her opinion vocally.

As always, I still look forward to seeing what else happens with her character in the future.

Daro
April 16th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I agree with Conarch. And besides, not every character can explode onto the screen and bring the awesome right away. These past three episodes have shown Chloe growing as a person, and I hope we haven't seen the last of that.

Oh. And I hope 'growing as a person' doesn't come to include her being pregnant anytime soon.

dacooker
April 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
she's a spy.

asdf1239
April 16th, 2010, 09:07 PM
she's a spy.
<capslock>YES.</capslock>

Pharaoh Atem
April 16th, 2010, 09:08 PM
i say we stays as long as possible

Replicator Todd
April 16th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I'm ready for Chloe to be in every season. :cool:

MattSilver 3k
April 16th, 2010, 09:48 PM

As am I. She's not that bad, I'm glad she's growing a backbone in these last two episodes (Though there was evidence of it back in Air 2 and Water).

Shpinxinator
April 16th, 2010, 09:50 PM
As am I. She's not that bad, I'm glad she's growing a backbone in these last two episodes (Though there was evidence of it back in Air 2 and Water).

You see a backbone I see mopey and flighty...honestly she may be the most annoying character I've seen in a long while

GoodSmeagol
April 16th, 2010, 10:46 PM
I was confident for a few minutes she would stay on the planet, then...
"Welcome home..."
BLAHHH

Xeno
April 16th, 2010, 10:54 PM
You see a backbone I see mopey and flighty...honestly she may be the most annoying character I've seen in a long while

Hayden Panettiere at some points in Heroes is unmatched as most annoying character in recent times. Chloe's gunning for it though.

AVFan
April 16th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Hayden Panettiere at some points in Heroes is unmatched as most annoying character in recent times. Chloe's gunning for it though.

At least Hayden's character doesn't act completely stupid. Chloe isn't on my nerves as bad as she once was, but she's still riding them pretty good.

reddevil18
April 16th, 2010, 11:12 PM
I've been ready for that since pretty much episode 1.
She was good in Divided. But now...Ugh!

Moonunit
April 17th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Really? Please explain - especially the part of about how her lines were delivered. Really interested to hear your expert opinion on that. Oh, and what do you do for a living?

Moonunit
April 17th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I've been visiting this forum for a while now and observing the comments people have been making about the characters. I am glad to see that some people are prepared to embrace characters that are less than perfect - one reason why I prefer SGU over its predecessors. But what I don't get is why, for the most part, it seems to be okay for the other characters to display weaknesses or lack of judgement, but for some reason this is not the case for Chloe. For instance, in tonight's episode did you see Chloe take a bite out of that fruit before it was tested for toxins? No, as we all know it was Greer who did this, but yet it's Chloe who gets knocked for being stupid!?? Oh yeah, and speaking of getting knocked or shall I say knocked up, there is good old T.J. - or shall I say, poor T.J.. Yup, for some reason T.J.'s pregnancy has garnered nothing but sympathy and kudos for the range of emotions portrayed by the actress (no disrespect intended here because Alaina does do a great job). Had that been Chloe, she would have been torn to shreds for being stupid AND pregnant (which of course, also makes her a whore according to some of the earlier posts - more on this later ) as well as whiny and overly emotion. And now getting back to the subject of sexual behavior onboard the Destiny -- what about Vanessa James, Lisa Park and Ronald Greer? James was getting it on in a storage closet with Matthew Scott and Park was not only having casual sex with Greer but also with one of the other men on the ship and yet none of these two characters came anywhere near being bashed the way Chloe was for getting together with Matthew in the wake of losing her father while being stuck milliions of light years from home and facing what appeared to be certain death. Good grief! Cut the girl some slack. It is obviously a disappointment to many that she is neither a soldier, a medic, an astrophysist nor a mathematical genius. She is just an ordinary person having to deal with an extraordinary situation. What I saw in "Faith" was a young woman who is considerate of others and their needs while having to deal with her own personal issues. Please explain to me what was stupid about that.

The Swarm
April 17th, 2010, 01:05 AM
Uh, you guys realy need to stop bashing Chloe in EVERY frikin' episode....it got old months ago.

Alarria
April 17th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Uh, you guys realy need to stop bashing Chloe in EVERY frikin' episode....it got old months ago.

Sorry I thought we could post our own opinions of stuff here, not just fanboi posts for your favorite character.

Detox
April 17th, 2010, 02:20 AM
Why do you need an expert opinion on whether or not you thinking a character's been played poorly?

This isn't rock science. I don't need a PHD to think that Chloe's lines and acting lean more to a naive teebager than a properly educated young woman.

ascended alteran
April 17th, 2010, 03:27 AM
I agree, although I came to this conclusion by the end of the first half of the season. The last three episodes have done nothing but solidify the idea that the show would be better off without her. Chloe is useless, annoying, and boring. In fact, I found myself hoping that her death in Time was permanent.

Ser Scot A Ellison
April 17th, 2010, 03:29 AM
I feel bad for Chloe. She's a political staffer. What skills does she have that are useful in their circumstances? She helps where she can but she's the odd duck out and it shows in her character. There's nothing that makes her necessary. People like her but she's, to use Rush's terms, "Expendable". That's hard in a group of high functioning ambitious people.

reddevil18
April 17th, 2010, 03:45 AM
I feel bad for Chloe. She's a political staffer. What skills does she have that are useful in their circumstances? She helps where she can but she's the odd duck out and it shows in her character. There's nothing that makes her necessary. People like her but she's, to use Rush's terms, "Expendable". That's hard in a group of high functioning ambitious people.Well, Camille's fairly useless in terms of what qualifications she brings to the table. But Chloe gets far more exposure, so it's inevitable that the character's uselessness would be more evident. It's not the actress' fault, but it says a lot when her only purpose is to get kidnapped. I mean, look at it - the ship is under attack, everyone mans their station or, at the very least, they huddle together. She gets sent to her room. She goes to the planet, no one includes her in anything. I get what they're trying to do with her, but it gets boring and annoying watching her be so completely out of her depth.

JustAnotherVoice
April 17th, 2010, 04:44 AM
*snip*
But what I don't get is why, for the most part, it seems to be okay for the other characters to display weaknesses or lack of judgement, but for some reason this is not the case for Chloe.
*snip*
for some reason T.J.'s pregnancy has garnered nothing but sympathy and kudos for the range of emotions portrayed by the actress (no disrespect intended here because Alaina does do a great job). Had that been Chloe, she would have been torn to shreds for being stupid AND pregnant (which of course, also makes her a whore according to some of the earlier posts - more on this later ) as well as whiny and overly emotion.
*snip*
What I saw in "Faith" was a young woman who is considerate of others and their needs while having to deal with her own personal issues. Please explain to me what was stupid about that.

I too, have been lurking a while, but I feel the need to sign up to reply to this.

I feel that you unjustly compare Chloe to TJ. Every (main credited) member of the Destiny crew have dramatic mirrors; some are more obvious than others. We have:
1) "the man with the plan" in Rush and Young. Both have done questionable things. Both have their detractors and supporters. Both have an endgame, obvious or not. Both are used to control.

2) "I'm stuck in my job and was looking for something else before I ended up here" in TJ and Wray. Wray was stuck in lower-middle management before, with no signs of promotion (c/f. Earth), while TJ was on her way out to further studies. Both of these women are the only ones of their kind on the ship (medic and IOA/HR rep). Both of these women have been asked to do things beyond their "normal" roles (CMO and trying to take command). One was on her way up in the world, while the other was hopelessly stuck, and now, the situation seems to be reversing itself with TJ being stuck and Wray working her way up the chain of command.

3) the soldiers in Scott and Greer. Both, obviously, are soldiers. Both are loyal and highly principled (to whatever set of unwritten values they hold dear, before the anti-militants flame for Greer's behaviour). One is likeable, while the other is Greer. 'Nuff said.

4) the fish out of water in Chloe and Eli. Both are young, highly intelligent (political science at Harvard and "Math Boy"), neither seem to be self starters, and are only there out of obligation (Chloe being a senator's aide and Eli needing to help his mom's medical bills).

All of these pairings, imo, are different sides to the same coin, and for all the reasons Eli is endearing, Chloe is not.

My main point of contention with her is her indecisiveness. While Eli may not be a big "do-er", he is consistent in it. He voices his opinion then lets the "grown ups", as Rush puts it, do their thing and gets on with any marching orders he's given. Arguably the most level headed person on the ship, although naive about the real world of grown ups (not surprising, given his lifestyle before Icarus).

Chloe just doesn't, until the recent episodes, but even when she does put her foot down or say what's on her mind, there's no conviction in the delivery. As a political science major, she of all people should know that it doesn't matter what kind of BS you shovel, as long as you do it with enough conviction to make the other person believe that YOU believe the BS you're shovelling. On top of that, naivety on her level is incredible, considering she's a former senator's aide. But then again, given the nepotism of hiring your own daughter as your aide, it doesn't come as too much of a shock that daddy dearest would have "protected" her.

Of course, it doesn't help that Young and Rush have put their seals of approval on Eli. So far, all Chloe does is use up O2 and food.

For me, its a matter of character backgrounds - Chloe comes off as having "daddy's little princess" syndrome. All of the breathy sighs, the moody not-quite-tantrums; she plays the straight man to Eli's comic without the sense of humour needed to pull it off.

About the episode: her ending was really unsatisfying. As someone else said on these forums, it wreaks of "contractual obligations", but from a characterisation perspective, it seems once Chloe's BFF and FB were no longer willing/able to stay, her will to stay evaporated too. This could be a jab at her political science background, with politicians going whichever way the wind blows, but it does nothing for the spine she found in Divided (or it could say volumes about it, depending on what side of the fence you're on).

jelgate
April 17th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Sorry I thought we could post our own opinions of stuff here, not just fanboi posts for your favorite character.

Thier is a fine line between voicing why you dislike a character and bashing them nonstop

The Swarm
April 17th, 2010, 07:26 AM
I just dont get where all this hate is comeing from....its like most people want to drink her blood and devour her guts!

chrono trigger
April 17th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Having seeing Space, Divided and Faith, I have come to the conclusion that Chloe is just plain stupid.

I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, I really did, but now, I can't make any concessions for her. Just the character, and the way her lines were delivered, I think those blue aliens might've knocked one too many brain cells out of her head.
but why has it taken you so long to realise this i gave up on her after earth i think it was.

OutandAboot
April 17th, 2010, 08:20 AM
I've been visiting this forum for a while now and observing the comments people have been making about the characters. I am glad to see that some people are prepared to embrace characters that are less than perfect - one reason why I prefer SGU over its predecessors. But what I don't get is why, for the most part, it seems to be okay for the other characters to display weaknesses or lack of judgement, but for some reason this is not the case for Chloe. For instance, in tonight's episode did you see Chloe take a bite out of that fruit before it was tested for toxins? No, as we all know it was Greer who did this, but yet it's Chloe who gets knocked for being stupid!?? Oh yeah, and speaking of getting knocked or shall I say knocked up, there is good old T.J. - or shall I say, poor T.J.. Yup, for some reason T.J.'s pregnancy has garnered nothing but sympathy and kudos for the range of emotions portrayed by the actress (no disrespect intended here because Alaina does do a great job). Had that been Chloe, she would have been torn to shreds for being stupid AND pregnant (which of course, also makes her a whore according to some of the earlier posts - more on this later ) as well as whiny and overly emotion. And now getting back to the subject of sexual behavior onboard the Destiny -- what about Vanessa James, Lisa Park and Ronald Greer? James was getting it on in a storage closet with Matthew Scott and Park was not only having casual sex with Greer but also with one of the other men on the ship and yet none of these two characters came anywhere near being bashed the way Chloe was for getting together with Matthew in the wake of losing her father while being stuck milliions of light years from home and facing what appeared to be certain death. Good grief! Cut the girl some slack. It is obviously a disappointment to many that she is neither a soldier, a medic, an astrophysist nor a mathematical genius. She is just an ordinary person having to deal with an extraordinary situation. What I saw in "Faith" was a young woman who is considerate of others and their needs while having to deal with her own personal issues. Please explain to me what was stupid about that.

Very good post!

Coronach
April 17th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Very good post!

I agree. I had a modicum of understanding for people who thought Chloe was stupid in "Space". However, I keep seeing reviews of "Faith" with Chloe listed as one of the negatives. What exactly did she do wrong in "Faith"?! :S

Seriously, Moonunit's post in incredibly spot-on. Massive green incoming.

The_Asgard_live
April 17th, 2010, 08:41 AM
I've been visiting this forum for a while now and observing the comments people have been making about the characters. I am glad to see that some people are prepared to embrace characters that are less than perfect - one reason why I prefer SGU over its predecessors. But what I don't get is why, for the most part, it seems to be okay for the other characters to display weaknesses or lack of judgement, but for some reason this is not the case for Chloe.

I don't agree with your premises. If Chloe seems to be receiving a disproportionate amount of criticism, I would say its because the character has been written in such a way there are a disproportionate amount of things to complain about combined with a lack of useful things she's done to offset those things. Also, I would say it has something to do with her particular weaknesses are kind of annoying. (afraid of the dark, boyfriend(s) problems, alien hostage for dumb reasons...)

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
While the thread title is a bit over the top, I do find myself continually questioning why she is on this show; unless it's just to play the village idiot. Lest this be seen as bashing, I will state my reasons why this character does not endear itself to me:

1 --
First and foremost, she's a sex symbol. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that seems to be the primary reason why she is there. Out of all the women, she is continually naked somehow, or having sex with the attractive, hunky guy. It's almost consistently flaunted in her face, "Hey look, she's a young girl! She's having sex!" Wray, TJ, and James are women, too, and yet they've been handled far better, so the shallowness with which they approach Chloe stands out like a sore thumb. I hate the sex symbol stereotype in my characters.

2--
She's stupid (and selfish). And I say that with regards to her intelligence. She whines for Eli because of the dark, basically forcing him to go even further out of his way when he tries to help her. He's constantly doing stuff for her, but she does nothing in return, and whines when she isn't getting something. She jumps the hunky guy while ignoring/using the nice guy(who took care of her while she stupidly got herself drunk); typical dumb, selfish woman. She gets herself stupidly kidnapped, because she couldn't do the right thing and stay in her room. After 3 months, she still hasn't found *something* she could do, which makes me wonder if she's even looking.

3--
She's useless. I mean, she's been to college, is a political science major, so she should have some brains and ability to think. Then again, politicians are noted for their lack of them, except for being able to shovel BS, tell which way the wind is blowing, and get on the right side (or manipulate people into going their way). So Chloe doesn't even make a good politician; she could try to become something of a mediator between the sides, helping to find compromises and helping work things out, but she doesn't even do that. Are we really sure she's a political science major!? Wray does a better job at that, in addition to helping organize the crew files. If anything, Chloe could help out here by becoming Wray's aide.

She rarely makes herself useful, though. I don't have too many skills which would be useful if I found myself on Destiny, but even I would at least try to stay out of the way of people who did, and try to find *something* I could do to contribute. After 3 months, Chloe still hasn't seemingly done that. She just... consumes resources and has sex with Scott.

4--
She's inconsistent, and this episode highlighted that very well. She invites herself along on the trip at the last moment, despite having no skills to contribute, and somehow, they have room for her (why weren't all 17 spots filled with useful people?). She suddenly decides to seflishly stay on the planet with the other selfish people (I count Dr. Caine in this, too). We're given no reasons for this, nor reasons as to why she changed her mind and was suddenly coming back to the ship. As the Nostalgia Critic likes to say, "Explain, movie! EXPLAIN!" The only motive I can possibly see, is that once she saw her boy toy wasn't going to stay, she suddenly decided to change her mind. Eli welcomes her back, but she barely looks at him.

Yeah, so in conclusion, if they are trying to portray as a useless, selfish, stupid woman whose main role is a sex symbol... then they've succeeded. The show does a very good job with Wray, TJ, and James (and I'm even starting to like Dr. Park because of this episode), so why the hell can't they do something with her?

In all fairness, I did like how she stood up to Wray in Justice, and gave us a hint that she could be a decent person. And I liked her even more in "Divided" when she took a morally correct stance, instead of hanging by Scott. But even then, it seems readily apparent that the backbone didn't stick; once they "lost" she realized she needed Scott more than he needed her, and thus the reason why she came back to the ship (well, other than the fact she's a main character, and main characters need to come back).

I really want to like her, I do. I like seeing redemption in characters; I loved Babylon 5 for how they took "bad" characters and had them grow into "good" ones. I'm really hoping they do something with her before this seasons is out. More than just dangle a meaty carrot in our faces before yanking it away and laughing wildly. But I can't make excuses for her just because she's good-looking. Maybe some people can, and the sex is enough for them; it's not for me.

Encoder
April 17th, 2010, 09:14 AM
All I can say to the title of this thread is, :lol:

:sheppard:

MattSilver 3k
April 17th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I like Chloe. Don't wish her dead.

Matt Silver's opinion: Check!

Skydiver
April 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM

There is also part of the rules that you agreed to to 'find what you like and enjoy it'...take that in concert with 'no character bashing' and this thread is walking a very, very fine line.

If someone wants to DISCUSS the character, fine. But if they just want to tear one apart week after week.....get another hobby.

This thread turns into a mindless bash fest and it'll not only be closed, but those that are bashing will lose their posting privileges.

aretood2
April 17th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I was confident for a few minutes she would stay on the planet, then...
"Welcome home..."
BLAHHH
The only reason she was going to stay was to be with TJ, since TJ changed her mind there was nothing holding her back anymore.

That wasn't an opinion, it was a statement. An opinion is backed up by examples. For example, I did not state an opinion.

Why do you need an expert opinion on whether or not you thinking a character's been played poorly?

This isn't rock science. I don't need a PHD to think that Chloe's lines and acting lean more to a naive teebager than a properly educated young woman.
As long as you realize that that is pretty subjective. You just don't like Chloe, not becuase she is a bad character, but because not everyone likes everyone.

Commander Zelix
April 17th, 2010, 09:51 AM

This post is pure crap. Only written to say that Chloe is stupid and bash the character.

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 09:52 AM
As long as you realize that that is pretty subjective. You just don't like Chloe, not becuase she is a bad character, but because not everyone likes everyone.

That's pretty dismissive of someone's valid opinion backed up by facts. It's not like someone can possibly *rationally* dislike someone you like, right? We were given that she is supposed to be a smart, bright young woman. A political science major, who thus is supposed to have fresh education about people's behaviors, and how to act around them.... and yet her actions don't match up with what she was supposed to have learned. So either she was a bad student, or a bad character.

Commander Zelix
April 17th, 2010, 09:54 AM
We were given that she is supposed to be...
Only in your imagination. She could have been but she wasn't supposed to be any of what you said.

JustAnotherVoice
April 17th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Wray, TJ, and James are women, too, and yet they've been handled far better, so the shallowness with which they approach Chloe stands out like a sore thumb.

Everything you said in this post, I agree with, but I had to emphasise this point. The other women on the show are written (and portrayed) as women, whereas Chloe is the girl.

aretood2
April 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
That's pretty dismissive of someone's valid opinion backed up by facts. It's not like someone can possibly *rationally* dislike someone you like, right? We were given that she is supposed to be a smart, bright young woman. A political science major, who thus is supposed to have fresh education about people's behaviors, and how to act around them.... and yet her actions don't match up with what she was supposed to have learned. So either she was a bad student, or a bad character.
So my opinions are invalid?

Have you ever met anyone in college who acts like that? I have, and they weren't low achievers either. Bad character means that the writers did her poorly, Bad person means something entirely different.

For example, someone mentioned how she didn't go for nice Eli but for big Scott. That is a common theme in television, Chloe is just another regular female character. Whether you like her or not is irrelevant.

Have you ever heard half of my senators speak? (I'm American) They don't sound that much different than Chloe to tell you the truth. Anyone can ace a test, but to put what you learn to practice is something else entirely. And Chloe has never gotten a chance, that we know of, to really do that. At worst she is an incomplete character who's growth was interrupted by the attack of Icarus base. She has yet to prove herself fully, but every now and then she shows something positive.

Her actions on the planet remind me of some people I have met over time. She's a good character, because she is real. However whether or not she is a good person is something different.

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Only in your imagination. She could have been but she wasn't supposed to be any of what you said.

Wrong. It was stated in the show, in the very first episode, that she was a political science major. That is a fact.

So my opinions are invalid?

Not what I said, so no strawman arguments please. You are the one who wants to dismiss other people's opinions. I, on the other hand, I wanted to show you how bad being dismissive is. Everyone's opinion is equal, although the weight of facts and evidence can tilt things.

Have you ever met anyone in college who acts like that? I have, and they weren't low achievers either. Bad character means that the writers did her poorly, Bad person means something entirely different.

And at this point, I am of the opinion it can be either. There is not enough evidence to know for certain. I do know that if I were Chloe, I'd be demanding of the writers for better material. I'd want my character to mean more than simply my breasts and naked body. I assume most women would at least say the same thing.

For example, someone mentioned how she didn't go for nice Eli but for big Scott. That is a common theme in television, Chloe is just another regular female character. Whether you like her or not is irrelevant.

Completely agree that it's a common theme in television, because it's a common thing in real life. Just like murder is a common thing in television, and a common thing in real life. And I *can* dislike her for showcasing bad traits.

Have you ever heard half of my senators speak? (I'm American) They don't sound that much different than Chloe to tell you the truth. Anyone can ace a test, but to put what you learn to practice is something else entirely. And Chloe has never gotten a chance, that we know of, to really do that. At worst she is an incomplete character who's growth was interrupted by the attack of Icarus base. She has yet to prove herself fully, but every now and then she shows something positive.

Her actions on the planet remind me of some people I have met over time. She's a good character, because she is real. However whether or not she is a good person is something different.

We can differ on whether we feel she is a good character. You are perfectly well within your rights to like her, as I am to dislike her. I just listed the exact reasons why in an earlier post. I am perfectly willing to like her in a future episode, when/if she grows into a person like Wray, TJ, James, Dr. Park, etc. You know, someone intelligent and useful, and not needing to get naked to justify their presence on the show.

Coronach
April 17th, 2010, 10:23 AM
You know, when we have American representatives who think "the whole island [of Guam] will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize", then I think Chloe is well ahead of the pack in terms of intelligence and likely capability.

But that's just me. :cool:

Commander Zelix
April 17th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Wrong. It was stated in the show, in the very first episode, that she was a political science major. That is a fact.

Thats the only fact we know, not all the rest of the character descriptions you gave with is only coming from your imagination.

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 10:25 AM
You know, when we have American representatives who think "the whole island [of Guam] will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize", then I think Chloe is well ahead of the pack in terms of intelligence and likely capability.

But that's just me. :cool:

Maybe, but you're still not helping the overall argument for Chloe, heh. "Hey, at least she isn't a redneck, mouth-breather who thnks them computers is magik!"

Coronach
April 17th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Maybe, but you're still not helping the overall argument for Chloe, heh. "Hey, at least she isn't a redneck, mouth-breather who thnks them computers is magik!"

There's no argument to be had here. There are multiple threads already open regarding people's issues (read: deathwishes) for Chloe that, quite frankly, I'm surprised this thread is allowed to remain open. It would make more sense (as this is in the "Faith" folder) for it to be a discussion of Chloe in the episode itself, but why do we have to have continued reiterations of how much people hate Chloe every time a new episode airs.

Can't we just use one of the multiple threads open in the General SGU forum for this?

In any case, I've argued back and forth about Chloe enough. I say we talk about mudkips instead.

MattSilver 3k
April 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
In any case, I've argued back and forth about Chloe enough. I say we talk about mudkips instead.

So my sources say that you liek mudkipz?

Coronach
April 17th, 2010, 10:54 AM
So my sources say that you liek mudkipz?

OMG, I LUUUURRRVE Mudkipz!!!1one

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 10:56 AM
There's no argument to be had here. There are multiple threads already open regarding people's issues (read: deathwishes) for Chloe that, quite frankly, I'm surprised this thread is allowed to remain open. It would make more sense (as this is in the "Faith" folder) for it to be a discussion of Chloe in the episode itself, but why do we have to have continued reiterations of how much people hate Chloe every time a new episode airs.

Can't we just use one of the multiple threads open in the General SGU forum for this?

Each new episode brings new insights, and yes, it really is okay to talk about how each character has changed as a result of the new episode: that includes Chloe.

And yes, there really is an argument. You see, I'd like to be able to state my opinion with well-reasoned arguments and facts as to why I don't care for her character... without having someone dismiss it all with "LEAVE BRITNEY, err, CHLOE ALONE! WAAA!" I disagree with deathwishes, but I'd appreciate some rational and logical responses from those who are gaga over her.

I'm always in favor of communication, rather than censorship of topics a particular person may not care for. It just reeks of "SHUT UP!"

Coronach
April 17th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Each new episode brings new insights, and yes, it really is okay to talk about how each character has changed as a result of the new episode: that includes Chloe.

And yes, there really is an argument. You see, I'd like to be able to state my opinion with well-reasoned arguments and facts as to why I don't care for her character... without having someone dismiss it all with "LEAVE BRITNEY, err, CHLOE ALONE! WAAA!"

Well, I've certainly never done this. Sorry that you haven't had much in the way of rational, well-reasoned argument from the "Pro-Chloe" side in this regard. Maybe go check out some of my previous posts on the matter, as I (until I got sick of repeating myself) have tried to write out my opinions of Chloe in the clearest and most well-reasoned way I could. :S

I disagree with deathwishes, but I'd appreciate some rational and logical responses from those who are gaga over her.

I agree.

I'm always in favor of communication, rather than censorship of topics a particular person may not care for. It just reeks of "SHUT UP!"

I have not advocated censorship. In fact, I've advocated the exact opposite in the post you quoted of mine. So, you didn't mean me I hope. :(

TrueAncient
April 17th, 2010, 11:01 AM
thing i dont get about chloe and this episode. she was so determand to stay behind but then returns?

Coronach
April 17th, 2010, 11:06 AM
thing i dont get about chloe and this episode. she was so determand to stay behind but then returns?

Well, she is pretty close to both Scott and TJ even after the events of "Divided". So I guess I'm not too surprised by this. Maybe she thought it through after Young gave the ultimatum and decided what would be best.

Certainly she made the more intelligent decision (at least in my opinion...), as getting back on the ship may have been hard...but it's still their best chance for survival.

Just my thoughts on this particular matter.

Skydiver
April 17th, 2010, 11:15 AM

I agree. This thread should be centered around a person's issues with what chloe did in FAITH. That's why it was made in this folder, i would presume.

it's off topic to speculate about the future, and off topic to yammer about the past.(in detail, references, sure, a beating of the dead horse, no)

aretood2
April 17th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Not what I said, so no strawman arguments please. You are the one who wants to dismiss other people's opinions. I, on the other hand, I wanted to show you how bad being dismissive is. Everyone's opinion is equal, although the weight of facts and evidence can tilt things.
Speaking of strawman, when did I dismiss your opinion? By stating that it's subjective and relative? how is that dismissing opinions?

And at this point, I am of the opinion it can be either. There is not enough evidence to know for certain. I do know that if I were Chloe, I'd be demanding of the writers for better material. I'd want my character to mean more than simply my breasts and naked body. I assume most women would at least say the same thing.
So Carter was nothing but breasts and naked body for SG-1? The presence of these scenes do not mean anything. And I have to say again, Bad character means that the writers did a horrible job as opposed to bad person that just means that Chloe is well....Chloe.

I do not remember seeing her naked this episode, the swimming scene does not count. She was swimming, I know plenty of smart women who like to swim.

Completely agree that it's a common theme in television, because it's a common thing in real life. Just like murder is a common thing in television, and a common thing in real life. And I *can* dislike her for showcasing bad traits.
I fail to understand what you mean here.

We can differ on whether we feel she is a good character. You are perfectly well within your rights to like her, as I am to dislike her. I just listed the exact reasons why in an earlier post. I am perfectly willing to like her in a future episode, when/if she grows into a person like Wray, TJ, James, Dr. Park, etc. You know, someone intelligent and useful, and not needing to get naked to justify their presence on the show.
You're confusing me here, are you talking about her characterization (as in is he realistic) or are you talking about her personality?

How did she get naked to justify her presence in this episode?
Do you hate the premise of Chloe or the person of Chloe?

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Speaking of strawman, when did I dismiss your opinion? By stating that it's subjective and relative? how is that dismissing opinions?

Quote: "As long as you realize that that is pretty subjective. You just don't like Chloe, not becuase she is a bad character, but because not everyone likes everyone."

That was you in response to someone else. You're trying to minimize someone's opinion that they don't like Chloe "just because not everyone likes everyone." Instead of, you know, bad character development?

So Carter was nothing but breasts and naked body for SG-1? The presence of these scenes do not mean anything. And I have to say again, Bad character means that the writers did a horrible job as opposed to bad person that just means that Chloe is well....Chloe.

Carter wasn't shown in the shower in the third episode. Carter didn't jump into bed with anyone in the fourth episode. Carter developed as a character on her own, long before we got any nudity. Which happened in season 7, I think? So your analogy between Carter and Chloe doesn't work. A better reason was Anise; the "sexy female alien" the writers were forced to introduce at the behest of executive meddling. I understood at the time they didn't like doing that, and managed to drop her after 3 episodes. I would have hoped, then, that they wouldn't have tried to force Chloe into adding sex appeal to the show.

I do not remember seeing her naked this episode, the swimming scene does not count. She was swimming, I know plenty of smart women who like to swim.

So, you're telling me, being naked doesn't count, because she was naked? I'm seriously wondering about your sense of logic here. What about if it had shown Dr. Caine bathing? On second thought, don't answer that. I think we all know why it was Chloe shown bathing, and no one else. After all, I can't really see any other reason they included it in an episode labeled "Faith."

I fail to understand what you mean here.

Let me try to phrase it another way: "People act badly, stupidly, and selfishly in real life. Thus they can do that on television. And the people are allowed to dislike a character for doing so, both in real life and on television.

You're confusing me here, are you talking about her characterization (as in is he realistic) or are you talking about her personality?

Both. Wray, TJ, James, and Dr. Park have been able to establish themselves as good female characters without getting naked. So if the writers can do that for them, why can't they for Chloe?

How did she get naked to justify her presence in this episode?

Sex appeal. It's quite common in the business, to have a young, good looking woman flash skin in order to attract the male demographic. "And now, for no reason at all, heeeeeereeee's fanservice! And tune in next week, to see if we have Chloe flash some more skin somehow!"

Do you hate the premise of Chloe or the person of Chloe?

I wouldn't say hate, but I dislike her characterization thus far. I have no problems with a 23 year old female political science person being on the show. I have no problems with her feeling like a fish out of water... I just have a problem with the stupidity, the selfishness, and stereotypical behavior, and the fact that three months later, she still hasn't found a regular way to contribute. Most of her plot line development has been her relationship with Scott.

As I've stated before, I liked the Justice development, and hoped that would springboard into something, but sadly that fell off into the void. Ironically, her biggest development was stated in Divided: "Since I know I'm useless, I can volunteer my body to be used by someone more useful!"

And this all ties into Faith, showing that she has yet to find *something* to do other than get wet and naked.

aretood2
April 17th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Quote: "As long as you realize that that is pretty subjective. You just don't like Chloe, not becuase she is a bad character, but because not everyone likes everyone."

That was you in response to someone else. You're trying to minimize someone's opinion that they don't like Chloe "just because not everyone likes everyone." Instead of, you know, bad character development?
This is what I call a communication problem. You don't hate the Character, you hate the person because she is a whatever in your opinion. People who are hated in real life have people who love them. One group is not wrong because even then things are still subjective.

Carter wasn't shown in the shower in the third episode. Carter didn't jump into bed with anyone in the fourth episode. Carter developed as a character on her own, long before we got any nudity. Which happened in season 7, I think? So your analogy between Carter and Chloe doesn't work. A better reason was Anise; the "sexy female alien" the writers were forced to introduce at the behest of executive meddling. I understood at the time they didn't like doing that, and managed to drop her after 3 episodes. I would have hoped, then, that they wouldn't have tried to force Chloe into adding sex appeal to the show.
If this is so, they failed miserably in doing so.

So, you're telling me, being naked doesn't count, because she was naked? I'm seriously wondering about your sense of logic here. What about if it had shown Dr. Caine bathing? On second thought, don't answer that. I think we all know why it was Chloe shown bathing, and no one else. After all, I can't really see any other reason they included it in an episode labeled "Faith."
If they showed Caine swimming, it would be the same thing. I may be a straight male, but shoulders and a neck hardly constitutes as nudity. So no, I would not be bothered at all if he was swimming.

Let me try to phrase it another way: "People act badly, stupidly, and selfishly in real life. Thus they can do that on television. And the people are allowed to dislike a character for doing so, both in real life and on television.
Then you agree that it is not out of bad writing, you just don't like her. You seem to misinterpret me when I say that, I mean that you have your opinion about her, others have other opinions. No one hates anyone just because, we all have our reasons.
As long as you don't wish them death for that...that would be extreme.

Both. Wray, TJ, James, and Dr. Park have been able to establish themselves as good female characters without getting naked. So if the writers can do that for them, why can't they for Chloe?

James has been shown taking of her cloths, a Kino close up of her breasts, and "seducing" Eli into fallowing her....oh, and her first scene was a sex scene.

And to tell you the truth, I think TJ is the best looking one out of all of them.

Sex appeal. It's quite common in the business, to have a young, good looking woman flash skin in order to attract the male demographic. "And now, for no reason at all, heeeeeereeee's fanservice! And tune in next week, to see if we have Chloe flash some more skin somehow!"
Do you have ESP? can you read their minds? or are you just looking into it too much?

I wouldn't say hate, but I dislike her characterization thus far. I have no problems with a 23 year old female political science person being on the show. I have no problems with her feeling like a fish out of water... I just have a problem with the stupidity, the selfishness, and stereotypical behavior, and the fact that three months later, she still hasn't found a regular way to contribute. Most of her plot line development has been her relationship with Scott.
Once again there is nothing wrong with her characterization becuase she is a realistic depiction of some female political science majores, they do exist you know. I met one. What else is there for a Political Science Major to do? Magically learn astrophysics and fix the ship? Gain military training and hold a gun? Medical training and tend to the sick?

As I've stated before, I liked the Justice development, and hoped that would springboard into something, but sadly that fell off into the void. Ironically, her biggest development was stated in Divided: "Since I know I'm useless, I can volunteer my body to be used by someone more useful!"
Has it ever uccored to you that that's why she is there? To find out what would happen if a normal person is thrown in that situation?

And this all ties into Faith, showing that she has yet to find *something* to do other than get wet and naked.
She supported TJ, she was the plot device that brought about the whole TJ is preggers and they want to stay thing. She also added more depth to Scott's dilemma and his experience on the planet.

Once again, what else can a Political Science Major do? Learn how to farm overnight?

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 01:33 PM
This is what I call a communication problem. You don't hate the Character, you hate the person because she is a whatever in your opinion. People who are hated in real life have people who love them. One group is not wrong because even then things are still subjective.

I *dislike* her characterization. I don't know how much clearer I can say this, and still be misinterpreted. I *dislike* (not hate) the way she has developed thus far. I would prefer to see her develop in a more positive direction.

If they showed Caine swimming, it would be the same thing. I may be a straight male, but shoulders and a neck hardly constitutes as nudity. So no, I would not be bothered at all if he was swimming.

Then you don't know how networks think. I'm sorry, I can't state it any other way, but you're a bit naive, like Eli, in how the real world works. They showed Chloe because it's a network thing; they can't show outright nudity, but they can show someone naked, and specifically in the context of sexual situations, in order to raise ratings. Sex sells; it's a fact of life.

Then you agree that it is not out of bad writing, you just don't like her. You seem to misinterpret me when I say that, I mean that you have your opinion about her, others have other opinions. No one hates anyone just because, we all have our reasons.
As long as you don't wish them death for that...that would be extreme.

It might be bad writing, or bad characterization. Or maybe both. I don't have enough evidence to lean one way or the other. I don't wish death on anyone though, because as you said, that would be extreme, and silly.

James has been shown taking of her cloths, a Kino close up of her breasts, and "seducing" Eli into fallowing her....oh, and her first scene was a sex scene.

I'll give you this, but James also comes across stronger. "I can and will kick your ass" ring some bells? I wish they hadn't done the closet scene and the shirt scene, but we haven't seen anything else out of James like this yet. If they continue to portray her in light of sex, I'll begin to dislike her character, too.

Do you have ESP? can you read their minds? or are you just looking into it too much?

Again, this is how shows are run. When you do some looking into them, you'll begin to understand it. Sex appeal sells, it's a FACT. It's the whole reason why executive meddling brought in Anise. It's the reason why Shar'ri showed full frontal nudity in the very first episode of SG-1. If you really don't understand the appeal of sex and how it's used by networks and writers, well, there's nothing more I can say to you. Generally, when I don't understand something, I do some research, so I don't continue to argue from an uneducated standpoint.

Once again there is nothing wrong with her characterization becuase she is a realistic depiction of some female political science majores, they do exist you know. I met one. What else is there for a Political Science Major to do? Magically learn astrophysics and fix the ship? Gain military training and hold a gun? Medical training and tend to the sick?

Glad you asked, because I've suggested many things over the course of the show, so I can put them here for you now!

1. Learn some basic first aid and assist TJ.
2. Become a mediator between the civilians and the military and with Earth.
3. Assist Wray with HR issues.
4. Help take care of the plants.
5. Continue on with her "Justice" role in mediating conflicts and using tribunals.

That's 5 things I came up with off the top of my head with 2-3 minutes of thought. We could brainstorm a whole lot more if we spent more time on it.

Has it ever uccored to you that that's why she is there? To find out what would happen if a normal person is thrown in that situation?

The normal person is Eli. They lampshade that with the whole "You are here" T-shirt. Chloe knows of the stargate program and all the really secret stuff like Icarus Base. She's not as "normal" as you might think.

She supported TJ, she was the plot device that brought about the whole TJ is preggers and they want to stay thing. She also added more depth to Scott's dilemma and his experience on the planet.

Plot device is a good way of referring to her; that's what she's been so far(kidnapping in "Space" *cough*). Destiny itself is more of a character at this point. Anyway, if you want to talk more about this, I suggest going to the thread I made in general chat, so we can keep this one with regards to Faith, and fully discuss Chloe in all the episodes in the general thread. Here's a link for your convenience:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/74249-Overall-Chloe-discussion

koroush47
April 17th, 2010, 02:02 PM
My issue is that she is useless. She literally has NO USE.

Coronach
April 17th, 2010, 02:06 PM

Well that's a pretty vague statement, really. Is it her fault that she's useless, or is her uselessness a byproduct of her situation? These aren't mutually exclusive, but then it begs the questions...what would you have her do? Because something tells me you (and many others) wouldn't suddenly love Chloe if she started "making herself useful" by helping cook food or clean the Destiny bathrooms.

Or maybe you would...but that would seem quite odd. :S

Replicator Todd
April 17th, 2010, 02:07 PM

I agree, but their are always such annoying things in fandom.

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 02:27 PM

I agree with Coronach; that's a useless statement. Back it up with some supporting evidence.

To partially answer Coronach, though, I think it's largely a product of her situation, and I sympathized with her at first: "What am I supposed to do?" But now it's been three months, and she still hasn't found something to do, so it's starting to count against her. If she did start helping to cook, or taking care of plants, or assisted Wray, or became some sort of mediator and "Justice" person, then I'd start liking her more. It would show she is trying to pull her weight, and not just mooching off everyone else.

Lord Hurin
April 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM

The problem as I see it was that the OP didn't cite any examples. I personally don't like Chloe because of how moody and cold she can be, especially towards Eli. That was showcased when he welcomed her back to the ship at the end of "Faith". There, an opinion backed up by examples. Others can disagree, but at least I've strengthened my position by stating specifically what I dislike.

Coronach
April 17th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I agree with Coronach; that's a useless statement. Back it up with some supporting evidence.

To partially answer Coronach, though, I think it's largely a product of her situation, and I sympathized with her at first: "What am I supposed to do?" But now it's been three months, and she still hasn't found something to do, so it's starting to count against her. If she did start helping to cook, or taking care of plants, or assisted Wray, or became some sort of mediator and "Justice" person, then I'd start liking her more. It would show she is trying to pull her weight, and not just mooching off everyone else.

I agree in that I'd like to see Chloe doing a bit more, but I think we're actually seeing the beginnings of this. As it is, she's proven that she's pretty adept at taking up tasks to do her share when she is called on to do so. A few examples:

1) In "Time", she was helping gather stuff on the planet and even mentioned that "everybody has to do their share".
2) In "Justice", she was hesitant about Young wanting her to defend him at the hearing...but she stepped up to the plate in the end and actually did a pretty solid job. She at least held her own against Wray.
3) In "Faith", she seemed to want to make herself useful on the planet when she asked Scott which group she was assigned to. And she willingly went along and helped TJ with her assigned duties.

Additionally, a lot of people were impressed by her actions in "Divided" when she really took a stand for herself.

Again, none of these are very ground-breaking or anything, but at least it shows that she not only tries at what she does...but there is also potential there for her to find a specific place on the ship. I'm probably alone in this sentiment, but I would love to see Chloe try and put her mind to learning something very complex. I know it's sort of "out there", but I wouldn't mind seeing Chloe (over the course of many, many episode) try and work with Eli or TJ and learn a complex skill that could serve the crew in profound ways.

It would be a really good opportunity to how the everyday person could develop in an exciting way by just putting their mind to it and giving it lots of time.

Just an idea. :)

aretood2
April 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I *dislike* her characterization. I don't know how much clearer I can say this, and still be misinterpreted. I *dislike* (not hate) the way she has developed thus far. I would prefer to see her develop in a more positive direction.
That has more to do with writing then with who she is.

Then you don't know how networks think. I'm sorry, I can't state it any other way, but you're a bit naive, like Eli, in how the real world works. They showed Chloe because it's a network thing; they can't show outright nudity, but they can show someone naked, and specifically in the context of sexual situations, in order to raise ratings. Sex sells; it's a fact of life.

That scene was not very effective at getting me "excited" about it at all, it is one of the most unprovocative sexual scenes that I have seen on TV. Sex sells, but it's not the character's fault that it does. So she gets nakid, I am sure of screen all the female and male characters get naked as well. So this doesn't prove anything other than she is abused by the writers, and that is IF you are correct.

I'll give you this, but James also comes across stronger. "I can and will kick your ass" ring some bells? I wish they hadn't done the closet scene and the shirt scene, but we haven't seen anything else out of James like this yet. If they continue to portray her in light of sex, I'll begin to dislike her character, too.
So you don't dislike Chloe then, you just dislike the writing behind her?

Again, this is how shows are run. When you do some looking into them, you'll begin to understand it. Sex appeal sells, it's a FACT. It's the whole reason why executive meddling brought in Anise. It's the reason why Shar'ri showed full frontal nudity in the very first episode of SG-1. If you really don't understand the appeal of sex and how it's used by networks and writers, well, there's nothing more I can say to you. Generally, when I don't understand something, I do some research, so I don't continue to argue from an uneducated standpoint.

And again, they failed miserably to make her a sex object. Sexing something up is among the easiest things in the world, so how can they mess this up so badly?

Glad you asked, because I've suggested many things over the course of the show, so I can put them here for you now!

1. Learn some basic first aid and assist TJ.
2. Become a mediator between the civilians and the military and with Earth.
3. Assist Wray with HR issues.
4. Help take care of the plants.
5. Continue on with her "Justice" role in mediating conflicts and using tribunals.
1. We saw her helping TJ in the pass, I am sure she is learning
2. A 23 year old girl? really? That's laughable. I just don't see these people respecting her like that.
3. Yeah, like she's going to help her. They aren't really in friendly terms, Wray wouldn't agree to it.
4. She has to learn about that stuff first, but I'll give you this point.
5. As soon as someone else is framed by Rush, I am sure she will jump to help.

That's 5 things I came up with off the top of my head with 2-3 minutes of thought. We could brainstorm a whole lot more if we spent more time on it.
Someone else just pointed a few other things she did do.

Kaiphantom
April 17th, 2010, 05:56 PM
And apparently you didn't notice the link to the official Chloe discussion, as your post is offtopic.

Stormtrooper
April 17th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Chloe should go the Daniel Jackson route, IMO. Exploration, diplomacy, etc. The stories are not helping the character, though.

Phenom
April 17th, 2010, 10:01 PM
My only Chloe query this ep is why she returned to Destiny if it is indeed true that a few stayed behind. I wonder if she made her original decision to stay based on her own choice, or purely as to who she was going to be with? That worried me a bit to be honest. Made her feel to me as a bit of a go with the crowd sort of girl, rather than being assured of her own decisions. Sure if only 1 bloke decided to stay behind it would be silly, but for any other reason than that she is just a bit of a follower.

jelgate
April 17th, 2010, 10:07 PM
My only Chloe query this ep is why she returned to Destiny if it is indeed true that a few stayed behind. I wonder if she made her original decision to stay based on her own choice, or purely as to who she was going to be with? That worried me a bit to be honest. Made her feel to me as a bit of a go with the crowd sort of girl, rather than being assured of her own decisions. Sure if only 1 bloke decided to stay behind it would be silly, but for any other reason than that she is just a bit of a follower.
Probably because TJ and especially Scott were returning to the Destiny. Despite the event of of Divided she still considers them friends. And a month has gone by

Phenom
April 17th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Probably because TJ and especially Scott were returning to the Destiny. Despite the event of of Divided she still considers them friends. And a month has gone by

yeah but didn't she say to scott that she was staying first? Kind of like she had made up her decision on her own. She is entitled to change her mind of course. She certainly didn't have to stay on the planet just to show me :)

jelgate
April 17th, 2010, 10:09 PM
yeah but didn't she say to scott that she was staying first? Kind of like she had made up her decision on her own. She is entitled to change her mind of course. She certainly didn't have to stay on the planet just to show me :)

What people say and what they are really thinkng are two separate things

pipi
April 18th, 2010, 03:18 AM
More Chloe bashing hey? She gets a break from me cause she's not going to be the first SGU person to pop a baby. Go directly to GO and collect your money. :)

aretood2
April 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
And apparently you didn't notice the link to the official Chloe discussion, as your post is offtopic.

Only about the last half was remotely of topic.

Lord Hurin
April 18th, 2010, 08:18 PM

Considering that she wasn't really acquainted with anyone else who ended up staying (that we know of) it makes sense that she came back to the ship. I think in that respect we're all sort of followers. If a couple of friends said they wanted to go to a movie, most people would go. If those friends later flaked on those plans or something else came up, would you still go on your own? Ok, that wasn't a perfect example but you get the gist.

Confessor Rahl
April 18th, 2010, 11:10 PM

Holy crap... This.

Shpinxinator
April 18th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I think the simple way to do this is ask what excatly Chloe brings to the show as a character....besides mild eye candy I can't think of a single thing

Cold Fuzz
April 19th, 2010, 01:01 AM

I've also made this observation about Chloe too. I'm starting to wonder how much faith she really has in herself and her own decisions. She seems strangely conflicted in her relationship with Scott. I wonder if finding out that Scott has a son back on Earth (with another woman) somehow was a catalyst--even indirectly--for her decision to side the other civilians. She may be intimate with one of the military personnel but I don't think she understands their mindset very much at all. :P

MIZA
April 19th, 2010, 02:04 AM
I've also made this observation about Chloe too. I'm starting to wonder how much faith she really has in herself and her own decisions. She seems strangely conflicted in her relationship with Scott. I wonder if finding out that Scott has a son back on Earth (with another woman) somehow was a catalyst--even indirectly--for her decision to side the other civilians. She may be intimate with one of the military personnel but I don't think she understands their mindset very much at all. :P

i definitely agree with that , however Chloe is a civilian though as a person she did betray Scott i am very surprised he even talked to her

pipi
April 19th, 2010, 04:35 AM
i definitely agree with that , however Chloe is a civilian though as a person she did betray Scott i am very surprised he even talked to her

Young ordered them to get along. Make a special effort.

jelgate
April 19th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Young ordered them to get along. Make a special effort.

Making an effort is quite different to being friends again with Chloe.

escyos
April 19th, 2010, 07:11 AM

and every episode, a line every minute and every second episode is centred on her!
shut those nay-sayers up

Fridgefiend
April 19th, 2010, 12:41 PM
At least Hayden's character doesn't act completely stupid. Chloe isn't on my nerves as bad as she once was, but she's still riding them pretty good.

well she does actually but she can get away with it because she can't get hurt when she doesn't something stupid

Eternal Density
April 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
she's a spy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/EternalDensity/chloethespy.jpg

pipi
April 20th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Making an effort is quite different to being friends again with Chloe.

Just talking to someone does not constitute friendship.