Ferengi wisdom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ferengi wisdom.

I've recalled a quote from DS-9 which to me sums up the crew of Destiny and how they have been handling their experiences of the last (almost) 3 months...

Quark: Let me tell you something about Hew-mons, Nephew. They're a wonderful, friendly people, as long as their bellies are full and their holosuites are working. But take away their creature comforts, deprive them of food, sleep, sonic showers, put their lives in jeopardy over an extended period of time and those same friendly, intelligent, wonderful people... will become as nasty and as violent as the most bloodthirsty Klingon. You don't believe me? Look at those faces. Look in their eyes.
    regards,
    G.
    Last edited by Gollumpus; 16 April 2010, 10:48 PM. Reason: sleepy fingers
    Go for Marty...

If Star Trek opted for more realism, the Ferengi would be in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shrike View Post
      If Star Trek opted for more realism, the Ferengi would be in charge.
      I thought they were...

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
        I've recall a quote from DS-9 which to me sums up the crew of Destiny and how they have been handling their experiences of the last (almost) 3 months...

regards,
        G.
        I watched that episode yesterday

Comment

That quote applies to pretty much all human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by ZGoten View Post
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by ZGoten View Post
              We wouldn't have risen to a position of dominance on this world if we weren't that way.

Comment

We wouldn't have risen to a position of dominance on this world if we weren't that way.
                We like to think we dominate this world. Then mother nature throws a volcano in our faces and suddenly we're all stuck
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  We like to think we dominate this world. Then mother nature throws a volcano in our faces and suddenly we're all stuck
                  Yet we survive, and thrive, and we will slowly learn to control those very forces of nature that seem beyond our capacity to now. That is our destiny.

Comment

Yet we survive, and thrive, and we will slowly learn to control those very forces of nature that seem beyond our capacity to now. That is our destiny.
                    When you figure it out, there are some people in Iceland and Europe in general who would like to know your method of controling volcanos.
                    sigpic

Comment

Pffft, the Ferengi would have been quashed by the Klingons centuries ago!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                      : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

When you figure it out, there are some people in Iceland and Europe in general who would like to know your method of controling volcanos.
                        Let me know when we first cross the oceans, or fly, or split the atom, or step foot on the moon, or.....well, you get the picture. All problems, all solved by science., given the correct amount of time and pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post

They'd send an email to the Klingons telling them they've won the Nigerian lottery. Once the Klingons reply, hoping to claim their money, the Ferengi would take them to the cleaners and the Klingons wouldnt be able to afford any weapons to Quash the Ferengi with
                          sigpic

Comment

They'd send an email to the Klingons telling them they've won the Nigerian lottery. Once the Klingons reply, hoping to claim their money, the Ferengi would take them to the cleaners and the Klingons wouldnt be able to afford any weapons to Quash the Ferengi with
                            You see, I can actually see this happening...that's scary!

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                            : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post

Superior commerce + the advanced technology that it affords > a ridged forehead + a strong back.

Comment

Working...
                              X