Young and Rush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young and Rush

What a change we are seeing in Young. He seems really trying hard to make things work this time around. I especially liked at the end how he made the joke to Rush about him not getting a chance to finally have someone to talk to (i.e. the advanced aliens). And his attempt to find something in common (chess).

I wonder if he is sincere about it or just doing it because they are stuck together and have no choice but to get along. Also I wonder what Rush thinks about Young's new attitude.

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
    What a change we are seeing in Young. He seems really trying hard to make things work this time around. I especially liked at the end how he made the joke to Rush about him not getting a chance to finally have someone to talk to (i.e. the advanced aliens). And his attempt to find something in common (chess).

I wonder if he is sincere about it or just doing it because they are stuck together and have no choice but to get along. Also I wonder what Rush thinks about Young's new attitude.
    Honestly, I think it is a little of both. Over time, I think the two of them could build at least some kind of amicable relationship.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think it's both. It's odd that there isn't much in this episode for the two factions to argue over. I mean, it'll happen, give us a day, but honestly neither character really did anything objectionable. I also liked how, when Young said "I've made my decision," Rush doesn't continue to argue. I'd say it was respectful, but of course I'm not sure if Rush just decided that continuing to voice his opinion wouldn't do any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Daro View Post
        Rush doesn't continue to argue. I'd say it was respectful, but of course I'm not sure if Rush just decided that continuing to voice his opinion wouldn't do any good.
        perhaps Rush is beginning to respect Young a little and see some wisdom in some of his decisions. Like when he decided to have TJ remove the tracking device regardless of Rush's fear. It was better than having the aliens follow them.

at the same time Rush might also see that Young is also a smart man, since he outsmarted him at his own game (at trying to take control of the ship) and after by giving Rush and the civilians what they want, some respect and some freedom from military control.

Comment

I've always seen Young as making an effort but he's so reserved that perhaps it made no/very little effect. Here, he's really trying hard, especially with Rush. Considering their history, for Young to stand so close to Rush while Rush has a knife? And from whom did Rush get that anyway? There were moments when Rush was by the console when Young looked very concerned, and for Young to show that at all? That has to be a big thing.
          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
            perhaps Rush is beginning to respect Young a little and see some wisdom in some of his decisions. Like when he decided to have TJ remove the tracking device regardless of Rush's fear. It was better than having the aliens follow them.

at the same time Rush might also see that Young is also a smart man, since he outsmarted him at his own game (at trying to take control of the ship) and after by giving Rush and the civilians what they want, some respect and some freedom from military control.
            Yes, I thought that too. I also think the analogy of them playing chess with one another to the way their relationship will hopefully work from here on out is good. I don't believe for a second that they will always cooperate. But if they could get past the overt and brutish antagonizations, I'd be pretty happy.

Comment

young's always tried to make it work. rush on the other hand.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                Sure, those ridiculous accusations about Rush knowing the ship was solar powered and having a communication stone and the hilarious joke about Rush starting fires about the power situation was Young trying to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  No, he hasn't. Besides the obvious evidence against that in "Justice," Young has been just as guilty up until that point of bickering and antagonizing as Rush has. Maybe more so. Young wasn't trying to make anything work at the end of "Light." And he wasn't trying to make anything work the numerous times he's questioned Rush's decisions, advice, and motives in front of the crew. But that's ok, since he's trying so hard now. I somehow doubt that Rush will try too hard to get along, but I can always hope.

Comment

Daro.

Comment

I can see it now. Those two will become the best of friends. Of course they will never acknowledge it, say they respect each other, but in the long run, i see them making a lot of decisions together over a chess game, late at night.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
                        I can see it now. Those two will become the best of friends. Of course they will never acknowledge it, say they respect each other, but in the long run, i see them making a lot of decisions together over a chess game, late at night.
                        Let's not get crazy here. I can't see them being BFF's, but I imagine you're right about the chess game thing, and hopefully the respect.

Comment

Young is definitely making the most effort when it comes to the Civ's, ESPECIALLY with Rush, there were two (maybe three) times during this episode alone where Rush had to double take and ask Young, "Are you serious?" because of it.

Young is the best leader for the job, even if he has made some questionable decisions in the past, but "Come on" , which leader hasn't ?

Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                          : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Originally posted by Encoder View Post
                            Young is definitely making the most effort when it comes to the Civ's, ESPECIALLY with Rush, there were two (maybe three) times during this episode alone where Rush had to double take and ask Young, "Are you serious?" because of it.

Young is the best leader for the job, even if he has made some questionable decisions in the past, but "Come on" , which leader hasn't ?

all heroes are flawed
                            I liked seeing how far Young was willing to go, just to try
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                              all heroes are flawed
                              I liked seeing how far Young was willing to go, just to try
                              Neera: "You do not fear them?"
                              : "The Wraith? Naah. Now *clowns* — that's another story."

Comment

Working...
                              X